Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

CHICK-FIL-A Appreciation Day was amazing. The number of people at the Evans restaurant was enormous, and cars were backed up as far as you could see. It was very evident that the “boycotting” scheme was a total failure.

AS FAR AS I’M concerned, all those who went to Chick-fil-A on Wednesday are bigots. Someday when they’re done with us, they will find a way to stop something you love or care about. On that day I hope you remember your lunch today because in a small way, you helped make it happen.

I WAS IN THE LONG line at Chick-fil-A, and when my mom and I ordered our food, to my surprise the young lady at the window told us that the car in front of us paid some on our meal. I would like to say a big thank you to the person in front of us. Because of the act of kindness you showed us, I turned around and showed it to the car behind us. God bless you.

RAVE TO THE CATHY family standing up for their beliefs and exercising their First Amendment rights. The Constitution states that we have freedom of religion and freedom of speech. If you do not like a person’s opinion and views, then so be it and vice versa.

MIKE HUCKABEE’S name should enter history alongside of Charles Boycott, but as the direct opposite. Whenever right-thinking people want to shatter a rotten PC endeavor, all we need do is organize a “Huckabee.”

DID YOU SEE THE traffic near the Chick-Fil-A on Washington Road on Wednesday?

KUDOS TO ALL WHO supported the Christian marriage values of the owner of Chick-fil-A by eating at the restaurant Wednesday. There are a lot of us who believe that marriage is a union between a man and a woman. It’s been that way for centuries. I don’t think we are going to evolve into any other interpretation.

A RAVE FOR CHICK-FIL-A employees. They got organized and got the job done despite heavy traffic, well-organized and everyone was very hospitable despite the increase in customers on Wednesday!

THIS IS A RAVE for Mike Popplewell, who ran for the District 121 state House position. It says a lot about him that after the election was over, he personally went out and picked up all his campaign signs. He didn’t leave them out.

justthefacts
22047
justthefacts 08/03/12 - 09:59 am
KSM

You sound like a fine wife. Rare these days.

allhans
allhans 08/03/12 - 10:06 am
"Kiss a chick"? How about a

"Kiss a chick"? How about a hug instead. Much more meaningful..

allhans
allhans 08/03/12 - 10:16 am
Back to Willie...If an able

Back to Willie...If an able bodied person sits back and lives off charity, money paid from the taxes of the working man , then that person is not being a good Christian either, is he?
You can't have it one way..

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/03/12 - 10:13 am
Far from perfect JTF, far

Far from perfect JTF, far from perfect. I just know what is important and what is not ... besides Hooters has some pretty good wings, oysters on the half shell, crab legs and VERY COLD BEER on tap. If the hubby wants to look at pretty little thangs while I enjoy some wings and cold beer ... I consider it a WIN-WIN situation. :)

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/03/12 - 10:46 am
RK, yeah, we be friends. I

RK, yeah, we be friends. I have no problem with same sex people doing anything to be honest even if it is in public. I could watch two women.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/03/12 - 10:58 am
Lol ... RM1 ... most men will

Lol ... RM1 ... most men will say THAT! But I bet you wouldn't be too into watching two men smooch it up. Haha

rebellious
20780
rebellious 08/03/12 - 11:04 am
I may be...

A closet Lesbian. Wonder if I could go to CF and kiss a girl. Hey, I am just a Lesbian trapped in a man's body. Can't afford the sex change operation, so in this liberal society, I ought to be able to fit in somewhere. Right?

happychimer
happychimer 08/03/12 - 11:04 am
Marriage should be just

Marriage should be just between a man and woman. If gays want the same rights as married couples, then call it another name. No I did not go to CFL yesterday. Yes I am a democrat.

KSL
KSL 08/03/12 - 11:36 am
I agree, Happy. Just goes

I agree, Happy. Just goes to show you that it really isn't just about rights with some of them. The word it's called should not matter. If they want to sign on to the commitment, that is fine with me. But they have to be willing to go through the pain of divorce as well.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/03/12 - 11:38 am
I want pics from the kiss

I want pics from the kiss in....well, those of the two women, that is.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 08/03/12 - 11:51 am
We need more boycotts like

We need more boycotts like that to jump start the economy. Wish it happened to those furniture stores with the fake clearance and moving sales so they could finally sell out.

KSL
KSL 08/03/12 - 11:53 am
CFA has a great business

CFA has a great business model. One more businesses would do well to follow. You don't think of Georgia Tech as a school where you would go for restaurant management. Now think Waffle House and Chic -Fil -A. Whether you ever choose to eat there or not, the founders were 2 very successful businessmen.

KSL
KSL 08/03/12 - 12:02 pm
Where is Techfan, who stated

Where is Techfan, who stated on these treads that he didn't go there, on this? I was totally caught up in that institution's support of the "military - industrial complex in the late sixties. GT 's education of my husband has been very good to me.

KSL
KSL 08/03/12 - 12:15 pm
I spent many nights while

I spent many nights while visiting my future husband weekends at Tech over at Emory in rooms belonging to friends. Emory, by the way, had a contingent trying to emulate more lib schools. I learned that from posting here. For me at the time, it was a nice motel approved by my parents.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/03/12 - 12:25 pm
Just For Your Information,

Today, Senate Democrats are attempting to ban magazines used by sportsmen and for self-defense.

S.A. 2575, the Schumer "Magazine Ban" Amendment, is coming to the floor of the U.S. Senate. Anti-gun Senators are attempting to tack it onto the "Cybersecurity Act," S. 3414.

The Schumer "Magazine Ban" would give Eric Holder power to pass new regulations without Congressional approval, include serial number stamping and anyone "found" with one could be facing ten years in prison.

KSL
KSL 08/03/12 - 12:31 pm
Footnote. This was during the

Footnote. This was during the time period when Barbara Jane Mackle was abducted and buried in a box, 1968. My mother has reminded me several times over the years of what I said to her before the girl was found. The authorities were looking for "suspious looking characters on the Emory campus." I blurted out "how can they tell?" Most all of the wannabe Berkeley types looked suspicious to me.

KSL
KSL 08/03/12 - 12:34 pm
CG, who do we contact?

CG, who do we contact?

daphne3520
daphne3520 08/03/12 - 01:37 pm
Comment # 2....You are SOOOOOO right!!!! Yet, they

all are "purported," "Christians."

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/03/12 - 01:55 pm
KSL

Please call Sen. Saxby Chambliss (202-224-3521) and Sen. Johnny Isakson (202-224-3643) today and tell them to vote "NO" on S. 3414 (Cybersecurity Act) and S.A. 2575 (The Schumer "Magazine Ban").

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/03/12 - 04:10 pm
"If the hubby wants to look

"If the hubby wants to look at pretty little thangs while I enjoy some wings and cold beer ... I consider it a WIN-WIN situation. :)"

My kind of woman!! My wife is pretty tolerant too provided I don't stare, LOL. She knows who I come home to, and have for 31 years.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/03/12 - 04:25 pm
Well hell IAD ... I'll even

Well hell IAD ... I'll even point them out for him and say "She's pretty hot!" ... just to distract him while I steal wings off of his plate or a sip of his beer. Works like a charm every single time. HAHA

Ignatius O'Reilly
Ignatius O'Reilly 08/03/12 - 04:35 pm
everyone's got one

Well, sure Chic Fil A can "come out" with any opinion they want on same-sex marriage, and grown-ups (as in fully-formed adults, you know, people with the understanding that not everybody has to agree with them) ought to respect that. Likewise, grown-ups ought to recognize that a boycott is just the expression of of a differing opinion. Why denigrate people on either side of an OPINION? If Chic Fil A is willing to take the hit (financially) for standing it's ground, then, at the very least, a person has to acknowledge the company's sincerity. But don't squawk about it when the opposition calls for boycotts and makes the effort to make their stand an expensive one, and certainly don't behave as though they aren't playing "fair." As for kiss-ins, I don't want to see anybody anywhere, straight or gay, with his or her tongue down his or her partner's throat. Manners and good sense need to be the cleaving point beyond which no action, certainly no political action, should occur. To cut to the chase, grow up, everybody!

tanbaby
tanbaby 08/03/12 - 04:56 pm
all this chat about the chick

all this chat about the chick fil a day--i suppose it was meant to be a good thing, it doesn't matter to me either way...but i wonder if "mr chick fil a" was just sitting back smiling and laughing at all the extra money he was making off of the people who were "supporting" his freedom of speech...

rebellious
20780
rebellious 08/03/12 - 05:19 pm
Magazine Ban? Really

Of allthe magazines, if they ban them,I will miss US News and World Report the most. What is next?

But seriously folks, that's what kids are for. Line up the weapons. When the 1st one clicks, slide to kid for reload, pick up 2nd one, etc, etc. Say Hello to my little friend. I also like taping two together, so a quick eject and flip means your burping again.

Anyone else heard rumors of trouble in Augusta if a certain candidate is not elected sheriff? I also hear outsiders are already here.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 08/03/12 - 06:54 pm
Magazine Bans

...are the camel's nose into the tent. Just like everything else written in Liar's Paradise, DC, you can bet the legislature will ladle on restrictions having nothing to do with magazine capacity. There are people who will tell you "Aww, that's just a mistake!" when the law outlaws a wide range of firearms and accessories; that's crap. These laws are written by well technically advised aides whose singular pupose is to be as expansive as possible.

One of the reasons the so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" was so unpopular was because if the definitions were followed 'ab absurdum' --which is the way the ATF routinely interprets it, almost any semi-automatic weapon, including magazine fed .22's, could conceivably be made illegal as 'assault weapons.' . Under that ban, my model 1887 single shot Martini-Henry qualified, as it had four of the 'forbidden assault weapon features' listed in the act.

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 08/05/12 - 11:50 am
The shoe only fits if it is

The shoe only fits if it is yours.