Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

CHICK-FIL-A Appreciation Day was amazing. The number of people at the Evans restaurant was enormous, and cars were backed up as far as you could see. It was very evident that the “boycotting” scheme was a total failure.

AS FAR AS I’M concerned, all those who went to Chick-fil-A on Wednesday are bigots. Someday when they’re done with us, they will find a way to stop something you love or care about. On that day I hope you remember your lunch today because in a small way, you helped make it happen.

I WAS IN THE LONG line at Chick-fil-A, and when my mom and I ordered our food, to my surprise the young lady at the window told us that the car in front of us paid some on our meal. I would like to say a big thank you to the person in front of us. Because of the act of kindness you showed us, I turned around and showed it to the car behind us. God bless you.

RAVE TO THE CATHY family standing up for their beliefs and exercising their First Amendment rights. The Constitution states that we have freedom of religion and freedom of speech. If you do not like a person’s opinion and views, then so be it and vice versa.

MIKE HUCKABEE’S name should enter history alongside of Charles Boycott, but as the direct opposite. Whenever right-thinking people want to shatter a rotten PC endeavor, all we need do is organize a “Huckabee.”

DID YOU SEE THE traffic near the Chick-Fil-A on Washington Road on Wednesday?

KUDOS TO ALL WHO supported the Christian marriage values of the owner of Chick-fil-A by eating at the restaurant Wednesday. There are a lot of us who believe that marriage is a union between a man and a woman. It’s been that way for centuries. I don’t think we are going to evolve into any other interpretation.

A RAVE FOR CHICK-FIL-A employees. They got organized and got the job done despite heavy traffic, well-organized and everyone was very hospitable despite the increase in customers on Wednesday!

THIS IS A RAVE for Mike Popplewell, who ran for the District 121 state House position. It says a lot about him that after the election was over, he personally went out and picked up all his campaign signs. He didn’t leave them out.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/03/12 - 06:10 am
Freddie Sanders would be a

Freddie Sanders would be a great start to taking the county back from the families and their associates downtown. Can you tell I'm on a theme today? Heh.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/03/12 - 06:19 am
Yeh..

Where do you want your ashes scattered RM??

(banner planes remind ya of anything)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/03/12 - 06:21 am
Just a Monitoring, B4

You true Americans, B4, RM, KSM, Jake, RK, JRC, KSL and others do most of the book writing for this one liner individual.

Marriage between two sheep herders just ain't natural but they can do what ever they want as long as they don't make a video tape of their actions and force me to see it or parade down my street with their sheep in tow.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/03/12 - 06:22 am
CG....LOL

That's pretty doggone good.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/03/12 - 06:26 am
I thought I saw CGee

I knew you were out there checking on us..:)

A great good am to Cgee...

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/03/12 - 06:36 am
Rebellious...this is what is making me sick

Police were called to Guide One Insurance, 2616 Peach Orchard Road, around 4:45 a.m. where they found a woman with visible injuries to her head.

The victim told authorities Foston, a long time customer of the business, had entered the store and struck her multiple times with pistol and possibly another blunt object before he forces her to the ground at gunpoint and instructed her to remove her pants.

Who will want to work along that road if they don't DO SOMETHING!!

STAKEOUTS...forget PC..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/03/12 - 06:40 am
Jake.

I know Sarge really appreciated your call. As hard core as I think I am, there is no way I could ever endure what he has been through in the past 3 years.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/03/12 - 07:02 am
Chipper

Regarding RM early post. I doubt any of us would want the indiscretions of our youth exposed for public view. Chipper is certainly not the first 22 yr old to make a mistake.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/03/12 - 07:06 am
JTF, Yeah, I know, but...

You do know he just separated from THIS wife? I like him and he was real nice to my son when he played here for the Macon Braves. Just having a little fun with him and this latest marital problem. Don't tick him off or he may run out and impregnate a couple of Hooter's waitresses.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/03/12 - 07:09 am
I know

I wish I could GET a Hooter's waitress!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/03/12 - 07:16 am
JTF

That is funny this am....gob would like one too!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/03/12 - 07:22 am
Hooter's Waitress Thingiees

is not my bag, I perfer fired eggs for breakfast.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/03/12 - 07:23 am
Speaking of Hooters

I was hosting customers who happen to be the Provost of a major university and his wife during Masters. Afterwards, we were discussing dinner plans. Of course that's always an issue in Augusta, especially for folks like this. Then, from the back seat, comes this.."can we go to Hooters"? They, of course, had never been and certainly could never go in their hometown. It was funny, you had to be there.

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 08/03/12 - 07:24 am
CFA

I wonder what will happen with the surplus of $

Will any of it be used for the poor? That's what Jesus did.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/03/12 - 07:26 am
JTF

Out of town--out of sight...

Everybody has to let their hair down sometimes..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/03/12 - 07:28 am
henry

Why don't you go out today & buy a few lunches for the poor???

Many on here give more to charity than you have any idea...I know that for a fact..jack!

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/03/12 - 07:30 am
CFA

I hope they use the extra money to build more stores. They need them.

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 08/03/12 - 07:33 am
Why all of the snide remarks

Why all of the snide remarks just for asking questions? Where is the love?

I have more important things to think about other than a chicken sandwich. I'm just saying, all these "christians" but how much concerned would Jesus had been with a chicken sandwich vs winning souls and showing love?

O giving to charity....o yea, thats cool.....

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/03/12 - 07:37 am
Snide remark?

I was serious. More stores, more jobs, more people who can afford to buy their own sandwiches. CFA is not charged with feeding the poor (although they do). Let President Obama worry about feeding them. Lord knows he increases the number of poor folks everyday.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/03/12 - 07:43 am
Jobs jobs jobs

Henry...JOBS ---that is what the poor need,.....that is what CFA gives ....I know some gays working there.....managers there....they are happy to have a JOB!

If you want to debate on here ya better come up with something new.

strib1
strib1 08/03/12 - 07:56 am
chick fil a

if going to chicks wed makes me a bigot i guess i am... what does that make u ????????? chicks in na did a reel good job with the crowd and should get praise for it.........do what u want i could care less.... but dont tell me what to do either!!!!!!!! how many u gonna kiss on your day?????????

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/03/12 - 08:19 am
AJC says

The Augusta region's 841 million will be spent four-laning a key downtown thoroughfare ..fixing bridges..widening a highway important to maufacturers and improving access to I-20...Downtown Augusta will receive $100 million in transportation improvements...according to Sue Parr...president of the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce..

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/03/12 - 08:21 am
Also in AJC

Your deputy Sean Street made the news here too.....tax fraud..

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/03/12 - 08:22 am
JTF ... you should have been

JTF ... you should have been over at our house the last three Summers. All of my oldest daughters friends (Hooters waitresses ... not my daughter, her friends) would come over every Sunday for dinner and a little pool time after leaving Clarks Hill. All of them would pile out of their cars in front of my house with bikinis on. Ironically we had a lot of neighbor men who learned real quick WHAT TIME OF THE DAY EACH SUNDAY to water the grass or cut the grass in their front yards. The neighbor women? Ehhhh ... not so much! lol

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/03/12 - 08:22 am
RM

I understand your point. But I have my opinion and you have yours. In other words you have the same right to be wrong as I have to be right:) Don't worry, it's gonna take a heck of a lot more than that to tick me off. Besides we agree on most other things,

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/03/12 - 08:37 am
Capt Drama wrong???hahah

Say it ain't so Joe...heh heh a good one Rk.....

I love it when rm has to admit he is wrong ...:)

But don't think he will admit to austin he is..:)...EVER!

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/03/12 - 08:39 am
KSD

Did you husband mysterially mention a desire for a trampoline?

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/03/12 - 08:46 am
AJC again

Headlines..
Ga agencies face $553million in cuts...higher education & public health could see biggest trims...& around--around we go again..
seeya later in pm folks....

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 08/03/12 - 08:52 am
JTF ... Haha ... no ... but I

JTF ... Haha ... no ... but I would have let him if he wanted to buy one ... that's just the kind of wife I am. I've never been the jealous type unless he was trying to hide something.

He has female friends and I have male friends and as long as everyone knows the boundary line all is well.

Looking has never killed anyone that I know of ... unless maybe by heart failure or by a jealous spouse! lol

Jane18
Jane18 08/03/12 - 08:58 am
Henry's constant bashing

I'm sorry Henry, but, you really are confused on most of your CHRISTian bashing(then again, most bashers are wrong). Not everytime is the word poor meant in a monetary sense. Most of the time it is speaking of the humble. You do not need to be worrying about what CFA is doing with their money and opportunities to help the poor(monetarily and spiritually), you need to concentrate on what You are doing(or Not doing). You know that old saying, "sweep around your own front door........................................."!