Rants & Raves

RAVE TO RICK MCKEE for the cartoon on July 14 illustrating Secret Agent Barack Obama.

TO THE PERSON who wanted to publish the names of all the people who give money against the president: I would like to see all the names of people on welfare and Section 8 published. I would like to put some shame into all of those people who are stealing money from all us hard-working people.

RANT TO THE deteriorating morals and neatness I witness on television and everywhere I go. Disgraceful females have allowed fashion and style to dominate their lifestyles rather than neatness. Their modernistic hairstyles look worse than the head of a mop and usually cover one or both eyes and are a safety hazard, especially while driving.

ON JULY 16 at 4:50 p.m., my wife’s leg gave out at the second-floor elevator at University Hospital. I was really surprised at the number of people who showed up and assisted us. Anybody who has anything negative to say about University Hospital, don’t say it in front of me.

I WOULD LIKE to know if you think it is right to call yourself a preacher if you lie, call your wife bad names and if you do drugs.

THE CHRONICLE IS so sexist. You will frequently give scores for the men’s games but not for the women’s game. Today, July 17, the men’s Olympic team played after the women’s team, but the men’s score was in the paper and the women’s was not. Typical.

I JUST CALLED Home­land Security to report illegal workers building houses in Columbia Coun­ty. They told me that they need their name, address and age before they can investigate. I told them I can’t give them that information because they don’t speak English.

RAVES TO THE Augusta-Richmond Library for hosting Carmen Deedy! It was exciting to spend an hour with the renowned storyteller and children’s author.

THE JULY 12 STORY on Easter Seals brought back some good memories. In a rough time in my life, when I had trouble getting out, someone suggested Easter Seals’ workshop, where I was given tasks for minimum pay. But in being with others and getting out, I was able to improve. Now I try not to forget Easter Seals in my donations. They didn’t forget me.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/31/12 - 03:12 pm
I renewed it

Sorry about the multiples, not sure what happened

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 07/31/12 - 03:12 pm
Indian Heritage?

Nah, I ain't got none that I know of. My maternal Dutch ancestors were here before the Pilgrims and they exploited and killed Indians, which is what you do when you invade a country - kill em till they give in and are assimilated or are relegated to reservations.

Why did you bring up the Indians again? I have a few tabs open and am working a spreadsheet and totally forgot what I meant to say.

Jake
Jake 07/31/12 - 03:20 pm
Trouble

@3:04, That was plum hilarious the way you posted that.

Trouble
Trouble 07/31/12 - 03:24 pm
rk

are you trying to boost your points????

thanks jake, it was meant to be taken that way

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/31/12 - 05:28 pm
Thanks happy a funny one!

The Baptist & The Louisiana Cajun...

A Baptist Preacher was seated next to a Good Ole Cajun Boy on a flight to Baton Rouge .

After the plane took off, the free spirited Cajun asked for a whiskey and ice, which was brought and placed before him.

The flight attendant then asked the preacher if he would like a drink. Appalled, the preacher replied, "I'd rather be tied up and taken advantage of by women of ill-repute, than let liquor touch my lips."

The Cajun then handed his drink back to the attendant and said, "Me too, I didn't know we had that choice."

KSL
KSL 07/31/12 - 05:48 pm
DM, my paternal Dutch

DM, my paternal Dutch ancestors in NY traded with Indians. May have killed some too. Don't know. Way too long ago and too far away.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/31/12 - 05:50 pm
About TSPLOST, remember how

About TSPLOST, remember how we got the TEE Center. They voted for an 18$ million TEE center and it ended up being the most expensive thing in the history of Richmond Cty. Now the cost is $100 million and rising. Vote NO.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/31/12 - 05:51 pm
RM

Do you get paid anything for feeding austin some material...snake lady??

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/31/12 - 06:18 pm
About everyone claiming Indian ancestors

About everyone claiming Indian ancestors, I remember how that worked in SC. People with a little bit of mixed blood, not saying what kind, would start to say they were Indians. My relatives were right in the middle of them, trying to come up with excuses for our appearance. Indian, yeah right.

So one night I meet this Indian looking, (ha) woman at this bar and drive her home to Cross, SC. I swear the houses were built along this road that went in a big circle. There were little fires and people in the front yards everywhere. She asked me if I wanted to come in and I was half way back to Aiken before she heard my answer.

Newt
Newt 07/31/12 - 06:00 pm
T-SLOST

If the road patching/paving on HWY 88 from Hephzibah to Blythe is an example of where this money is going someone will have ther pockets full this is for sure!!!! Distgusting!!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/31/12 - 06:02 pm
SeenIt, there you are

Austin hates me about as much as I hate him. It's a mutual admiration society. I allow him to use my material because I know he would just steal it anyway.

madgerman
madgerman 07/31/12 - 06:09 pm
Countyman forgot to mention

Countyman forgot to mention that little mary lou is starting a baby sitting business next year and will be available after school. She will be looking for customers in the neighborhood. Her service is also classified a 4 star.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 07/31/12 - 06:23 pm
Hey KSL

All we can do is speculate, huh?

I do a lot of genealogical research and have learned to accept the fact that...well, oftentimes there aren't any real verifiable facts.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/31/12 - 06:26 pm
Newt, sorry to have messed up

Newt, sorry to have messed up your serious point.

"If the road patching/paving on HWY 88 from Hephzibah to Blythe is an example of where this money is going someone will have ther pockets full this is for sure!!!"

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms