Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE MOTHER OF A 14-year-old girl who was shot on First Friday says she is going to sue the sheriff’s office. Where was her concern when her 14-year-old girl was out at 11:30 on a Friday night?

MORE AND MORE Spanish directions and ingredients are on items in grocery and department stores, which has been annoying. But this is the last straw – directions and ingredients now in coupons! Where are the directions for use in French, Italian, German, etc.? Those people had to learn English coming here to America. The same standards should apply to all.

ANIMAL CONTROL NEEDS to start coming down on people who have animals in their backyards they are not taking care of. There are people in our block who have chickens, rabbits, parakeets and dogs. They go off two to three weeks at a time and don’t feed them or water them. That’s not right.

WHAT IN THE WORLD happened to common sense? Every single problem we have in this country today is a direct result of policies made by the federal government.

FIRST FRIDAY IS A wonderful event. Don’t let the hoodlums take over. We must show them that law and order is greater.

RANTS TO THE GreenJackets for scheduling a game on the night of the major league All-Star game, the big time that every player aspires to get to.

WHY DOES THE government allow a bank to rob people? A person has a paycheck deposited in her bank and they by mistake deposit it into a different account. A month later they say it will be six to eight weeks until they can get the money back from the other account to reimburse her.

HERE’S HOPING THAT Erica Masters does not get a cent for her suit against Columbia County. The county employee was in the wrong, but who left the door open?

A TREMENDOUS THANK you to the gorgeous young lady who chose to pay for my mother’s manicure at Classic Nails in Mullins Crossing. Your kind words, smile and big hug made her day.

A BIG RAVE TO Madeline in housekeeping at University Hospital on the 10th floor. You take pride in what you do. We can’t do without you.

Comments (60)

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 07/28/12 - 08:35 pm

Right on!

To rant #1. Totally agree.. To the mother I'd say, where were YOU when your 14 year old daughter was out at 11:30 p.m , downtown,with a bunch of people in their early 20's? Maybe DSS needs to take a look at YOU.....
Sue the Sheriff's office? What for? Because you're a crappy parent?....Wow!!

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 07/28/12 - 08:35 pm

"...(P)eople had to learn English..."

"Su llamado gobierno no cuida lo que usted piensa. Desean que acabe de pagar sus impuestos y se calle."

Pressed 2 for English and got: "Your so-called government doesn't care what you think. They want you to just pay your taxes and shut up."

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 07/28/12 - 08:38 pm

"...(W)ho left the door open?"

Short answer: watch the tape: Your potential rapist let himself in. Had it been at my home --even with the door unlocked and a trail of Benjamins to my bedroom-- there would have been an inquest instead of a civil action.

ccres
ccres 07/28/12 - 09:45 pm

I don't care if the door to

I don't care if the door to Ms Masters' house was wide open...the guy is lucky he doesn't have a bullet in his head right now...

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/28/12 - 11:40 pm

Rain Tax, Again

This story got totally overlooked Friday. Watch out!

Augusta Rain Tax Coming

Tell your commissioner, NO!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/28/12 - 11:45 pm

Lawsuit

Regarding the Erin Masters lawsuit. Richmond County would fight the lawsuit into court, lose, and pay out a serious judgment to Masters, plus court costs, and hundreds of thousands of legal fees to their contracted private law firms (a la Video X-Mart). Columbia County will apologize and settle for a modest amount; thus showing that discernment is the better part of valor.

Trouble
Trouble 07/29/12 - 03:36 am

ll

im thinking that shows cc has a better lawyer than rc, he knows when it is better to settle than to go to court.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/12 - 07:35 am

Amazing parrot

Good am & welcome to the Games in the CSRA---in this corner we have the Fighting Dems.....& in the other corner we have THE MAN Freddie Knock Em Out Sanders....
We are in the 7th round right now---the bell will ring & the cheering will begin.....
Watch that left hook FS.....the bees are swarming all around now...the hive was turned over last night---someone kicked it during the Monday Night Mayhem.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/12 - 07:20 am

Who ya gonna sue!!

1st rant says...

well duhhh....sue the dang shooter...why doncha..

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/12 - 07:33 am

Yes I do

I will take requests from readers for great old country songs....email through AC.....sometimes we need music to calm the soul....one of my fav..

He puts sooo much feeling in his music...just like we put in our posts!.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/29/12 - 07:40 am

Good Morning Seenit

Another scary shooting this past Friday night. Cops did a good job apprehending the shooter, but it was dangerous from all accounts.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/12 - 07:50 am

Good am River

I dreamed about ya last night big boy...we were at Freddies winning party --sitting in the front row....he was thanking us for all the work we have put in for him...well actually a labor of love from me...but once you took over the mike it was kinda hard to stop laughing ---you came up with some good jokes....why doncha do that on here!!!
Anyway they all seemed to enjoy ya......I didn't see Austin there though...did you? heh heh

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/29/12 - 07:53 am

Heh, heh, heh

I still remember that get-together of Chronicle commenters we had downtown where I kept y'all laughing, but had Happy cheering because she thought I was serious. Heh, heh, heh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/29/12 - 07:56 am

The Worst Run Campaign

The worst run campaign has to be Scott Peebles. Not only is his campaign manager a former night club owner, but their friends attack a sitting sheriff and his wife. That around a fiasco with a group of out of town black officers using the name of a national organization coming up with a bogus endorsement.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/29/12 - 08:02 am

Wake Up America

If this election scene for the New Sheriff in Town is the preview for what's to come when the big election comes to play in November......
God Bless America

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/12 - 08:03 am

Damage Done

I think the AC articles have damaged him actually....it is like cramming down the ole throat kinda...& not to mention Austins famous "Cut her loose" statement....I wonder if I can find a country song to that....Cut her loose......I'll check that today..

Cut me loose... cut me loose.... let me go lover.. kind of song..

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/29/12 - 08:08 am

TEE Center Now to Open in Janurary?

The TEE Center was originally supposed to open this past spring. Then it was delayed to the fall, now it opens in Janurary according to reports in the Chronicle. The truth is there are few events scheduled and the delay is on purpose. If anyone denies that we must have the worst contractor around as far as keeping on schedule. I'd like to see a story on the delayed opening of almost a year, but we KNOW that will never happen. How much more does it cost the county to have the workers piddling along for this long? That's what those looking into the TEE should examine next.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/12 - 08:09 am

Good am Cgee

November....haha....we ain't seen nothing yet!

I can see guns on the hip come Nov election.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/29/12 - 08:13 am

Oh, it was the "(w)itch or

Oh, it was the "(w)itch or fill in your own consonant" in reference to Patti Strength that was the pits as far as decency in politics.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/12 - 08:21 am

Song with beeech

Plenty of those songs RM....I just can't put them on here....this is not my program .......I want one though.....
I would hire RM-Cgee-RKill-Rebellious-KSM-Brad-just for starters.....tell it like it is kind of people.......I hope yall read what Brad said about KSM...really nice & true....his kind of poster he said....:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/29/12 - 08:28 am

What the Congressional Debates Showed

I know many of my Republican friends on here are divided on the candidate for Congress they favor, and that's fine. Considering the debates alone, what surprised me was how weak Rick Allen was. I figured Lee Anderson would be. Sheffield came across very well and my man, McLeod did superbly.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/29/12 - 08:31 am

I wonder where that photo on

I wonder where that photo on the top left on the opening page under "Voter Information" came from and when?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/12 - 08:38 am

Now this is funny!

Rebellious said...

rebellious07/28/12 - 10:59 pm

Too good! Hey Lefty the Weasel said give dis to da man running for de office. Waddya gonna do?

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/29/12 - 08:58 am

If money is slipped to an

If money is slipped to an office holder to contribute to a certain campaign it has a two-fold purpose. It gets money to the candidate, plus it appears the candidate has the support of the office holder to a degree he is willing to give lots of his own money. If the voting public knew what all was going on, they would be as cynical as I am about some candidates.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/12 - 09:02 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 07/29/12 - 09:14 am

Funny Politician Claim

John Barrow claiming he now lives in Augusta is a good example of that.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/29/12 - 09:15 am

"THE MOTHER OF A 14-year-old

"THE MOTHER OF A 14-year-old girl who was shot on First Friday says she is going to sue the sheriff’s office. "

SOMEBODY gotta pay!!! This is exactly one of the the things wrong with society and why tort reform is sorely needed.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/12 - 09:31 am

Hi anotherday

This is a sue happy country.....the very reason we stay in GRIDLOCK!

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/29/12 - 09:35 am

NYC Mayor Bloomberg

Is NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg the biggest idiot in the history of the western hemisphere? I hope there's nothing like a red phone around him.

Augusta pensioners eye benefit increase

With an eye on the millions remaining in the city's oldest pension funds - its 1945 and 1949 plans - a handful of retired city and county employees are reviving a push to increase their monthly ...