Rants & Raves

I ENJOY GOING downtown on First Friday. However, I notice that all the police do is ride around the blocks or park in a corner with the lights flashing. If they actually got out of their cars more and walked the sidewalks, their presence would be more noted.

A RAVE FOR Bill Turner and his staff at Toner Charge in North Augusta.

RANTS ARE DIRECTED to the T-SPLOST creators and promoters who push for each new sales tax which adds to the crushing cumulative tax burden upon us.

THANK GOODNESS FOR the person who discovered a 4-year-old girl in a car in this sweltering heat. You saved that child’s life. God bless you!

RAVES TO TIM TEBOW, the NFL player, a fine person indeed. People say all these hateful thing about him, but he has Jesus with him. He has a wonderful foundation. I wish him well.

RANT FOR MAYOR Deke. You can’t protect us downtown on First Friday. How are you going to protect us from those little gangbanger wannabes if you put a ballpark down there? Now do you understand why we don’t want a stadium downtown?

RONNIE STRENGTH, how about for First Friday we do what the NRA wants to do and just arm everybody? That ought to make it safer.

I’VE HAD IT WITH animal abuse and neglect! Anyone who knows of something that is happening or not happening to an animal, like no water or food, or shelter or abuse is going on, if you do not report it and follow up, you are guilty, too!

HERE’S A RANT to the wife of the married man: Blame him. The decision was all his and while he was not strong enough to endure your wrath, at the end of the day I refuse to believe that he is in love with you.

MANY OF THE commenters on The Chronicle are so hateful and cynical. I don’t know how they live with themselves. I guess it makes them feel better to spread hatred. Why does The Chronicle give them a venue for this?

TO DEKE AND ALL Augustans: Please do not feel intimidated by a small group of Wisconsin heathens who don’t like prayer breakfasts. It’s none of their business. They should just be ignored.

rebellious
20780
rebellious 07/28/12 - 01:55 pm
HephziBlythe

Excellent paper put together by the GMA at this link http://www.gmanet.com/Assets/PDF/Publications/annexation.pdf

harley_52
harley_52 07/28/12 - 02:14 pm
I Will Support A Rain Tax....

...if Willow does. After watching that fight, I want to stay on her good side.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 07/28/12 - 02:47 pm
A Simple Solution

to enjoy the posters: Just enjoy folks for what they are, and not what you expect them to be. After all, the world doesn't revolve around you.

I happen to like the long-winded, sometimes mean spirited dichotomy. The lecturing tone employed by Mr Duvall. The thoughtfulness of people like Willow and KSL. Harley's rants are off the chain. Techfan's a big ol' hater of conservative thought of any kind, but his left wing ruminations are much needed here. And the list goes on.Lots of good folks here.

Perhaps you need to change your perspective.

harley_52
harley_52 07/28/12 - 02:59 pm
"Perhaps you need to change your perspective."

Perhaps you need to recognize there is at least a miniscule possibility that your perspective is the one that needs changing. Or, alternatively, that having a perspective different than yours isn't really all that bad.

Different strokes for different folks.

Trouble
Trouble 07/28/12 - 03:35 pm
Afternoon all

troublemaker................hmmmmm, nope, not me, i am sweet and innocent....lol

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/28/12 - 03:58 pm
Reb, Good Stuff, But..

It seems the problem we are up against is a little different. If ARC is considered incorporated, how does an area break away would be the question.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 07/28/12 - 03:59 pm
Agree with DM

At least about enjoying posters for what they are, not what you expect them to be..
My only gripe is with the "link masters" and the "cut and pasters' .
I NEVER click a link etc. I want to hear your argument in YOUR OWN VOICE!!!
If you are not articulate enough to argue your position...I move on...
Just my pet peeve....

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/28/12 - 04:25 pm
To interrupt

...this mutual admiration or denigration (can we still say that?) society, I'd like to comment on the first rant, which I agree with completely. I noted on this forum how I'd observed two incidents of ...youth lifting their shirts to show a weapon in their waistband to another ...group of friends. A comment was why didn't I grab a policeman? Because I didn't want to be dragged down the street at high speed.

As long as the police drive through the area watching safely behind tinted windows, there is no practical deterrence. As for others who suggest we all go down there armed, really? And do what?

If my fluorescent-white personage were to shoot one of these ...youth, regardless of how clearcut the proof of self-defense, I'd find myself the target of every fundraising race hustler from Holder on down, denounced by The Obamessiah for killing another of what could look like his child (the guy does get around!), beseiged by the advocacy press and, openly hunted for the reward, dead or alive.

The reasonable people who post "not to let them win" have not gotten the message: They've won. Stay away or be a victim.

rebellious
20780
rebellious 07/28/12 - 04:58 pm
In Essence

The areas in question would be asking to move from one incorporated city/municipality to another. There isn't a case study fitting that criteria in the GMA paper. Back to the books.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/28/12 - 05:09 pm
Annexation

Yes, rebellious, it would be a long, uphill climb for people in South Augusta to ask to be switched from Augusta to Hephzibah. But it would be interesting.

By the way, I think it is outrageous, unfair, and possibly illegal to increase fire fees only outside the old municipal district, but to send the benefits of the fees to all portions of the county, as was recently voted.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/28/12 - 05:16 pm
Well Rebellious

When you said you were going to dig into it & get serious..YOU meant it!
I guess we know what our next big project will be on here....after the Sheriffs race....
and they thought we were trouble in THAT on here....:)
Hi LLamb--hope you are having a good day.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/28/12 - 07:09 pm
End of the thread?

Good evening, SeenitB4. Now that they are posting Sunday's articles, is this the end of this thread?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/28/12 - 07:49 pm
LLamb

I don't know...think so.....seeya in the am ll.....I will spend time with GOB...he has been very patient with me today... goodnightll.

dwb619
dwb619 07/28/12 - 08:19 pm
wow

I don't even live in Georgia,but this is getting DIRTY!

harley_52
harley_52 07/28/12 - 09:29 pm
If All That Is True....

....it sounds like Monique makes friends easily.

rebellious
20780
rebellious 07/28/12 - 11:14 pm
sgossip2012

Your moniker fits so well.

rebellious
20780
rebellious 07/28/12 - 11:14 pm
sgossip2012

Your moniker fits so well.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/29/12 - 08:30 am
Why in the heck would the AC

Why in the heck would the AC let a slanderous comment like sgossip2012 made, stand? Yeah, I'd have to agree with rebellious, sgossip2012's moniker fits quit well.