Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHY ARE AMERICAN PEOPLE still falling for the nonsense that the top one percenters are the job creators? I learned in my high school economics class in 1966 that DEMAND creates jobs. The way things are going there will soon be no middle class to support taxes... only the top one percenters and the working poor!

RAVE TO THE ANONYMOUS patron at The Sunrise Grill on July 11 who paid our bill in appreciation of my husband’s military service. He rarely has the opportunity to wear his dress uniform in public and that act of kindness really made his day.

HUGE RAVE TO Transportation Solutions of Augusta. Thank you!!

CHANGES TO GEORGIA laws have now made some felonies mere misdemeanors. Crime is up, so our elected leaders lighten up the standards. That’s so absurd.

THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE of Environmental Health Sciences is another socialist federal outfit that spends our tax money to blame bad health on the environment. Now they’re pouring $5 MILLION tax dollars into giving free health tests in Graniteville. It sounds fine until you figure out two things: 1. Health is still not the business of the federal government, no matter how the Supreme Court wants to lie; and 2. $5 million for tiny Graniteville means they’ll soon spend several zillion for big towns. So, instead of us doing better, we’ll all be poorer till we’re broke and the feds have established their hoped-for dictatorship.

GEORGIA REPUBLICANS “say tax is in voter’s hands.” Baloney! “Leaders,” like House Speaker Ralston want to take more of our money, so he uses what’s become a successful con called a TSPLOST.

BARROW IS RUNNING scared for re-election and yet he voted against repealing Obamacare. Do you reckon Obama got to Barrow some way?

DOES COLUMBIA COUNTY have so much money that it can afford to have a person directing traffic in the tag office? All this person does is send people to a window. I can find an open window if they’ll just lower my taxes.

Jake
Jake 07/26/12 - 09:01 pm
Graniteville

Maybe, just maybe, the free health tests are being conducted to see if there was anymore health damage to individuals because of the chlorine accident.

Cats - I am not a cat lover but the only cat I can imagine that could shred a convertible top would be a cougar or bobcat.

rebellious
20127
rebellious 07/26/12 - 11:55 pm
Shaping Up To Be

Another weak day for comments.

rebellious
20127
rebellious 07/27/12 - 01:04 am
Rant #1

There is no demand until a product or service is created. There is simply a need. Astute entrepreneurs create a product or service business to answer the need. They do this through investments of time, materials and money. Then, and only then, does demand drive the production of the product or service. Consumers have no knowledge to demand a product which does not exist! In most cases, they may not realize the need exists. That is what creative minds do, recognize the need, fit a product or service to meet the need, then price and produce to the intersection of demand and supply. I. personally, have sunk 160K into a start-up business which is breaking even in year 8, in spite of President Obama’s policies.

When they do this, they hire people. The cost to produce a product must be lower than the price it will sell at, based on the demand to supply model. Part of the cost to produce (Cost of goods sold) is benefits. Benefits will soon mandatorily include health care costs and penalties.
The one percenters are small businesses who create companies employing under 50 people. They usually pay personal income tax on their earnings, which are the profits of the business, because most business owners do not collect a salary until profits are achieved. So, do not PooPoo the 1 percenter claim. It is accurate, true and exists, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

rebellious
20127
rebellious 07/27/12 - 01:12 am
I never

met a cat I didn't hate!
"TO THE PERSON who was saying that cats do no harm ... may I say firsthand, I have seen them tear up cushions on outdoor chairs, and also shred the top of a convertible."

No really, my cats I love, it's the other guys cats that are crazy. I currently have 3 generations looking at me while I type. And they could care a less, as long as that food bowl is full. They know when to stay outta my way and I know when to stay away from them. Or is that my wife I'm talking about? Anyway, about the same difference.

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 02:55 am
Well hello puddy kat

REB.....I see you have been busy.....last night & this am...:)

Thanks for adding some fresh air on here.....fresh outlook....comedy....but do you love country music?? heh heh
But if you are missing...I will know the cat lovers got ya..

Hello CSRA!

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 03:08 am
Not real..

You mean that wasn't SPs real truck in the commercial...I so hate that when things aren't real....

These r/rs might be stale right now but "sumthin" tells me they won"t be for long..
Money talks....& it will be in the next days..

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/27/12 - 03:16 am
my cat doesn't tear up much

But he did just kill a whole bowl of Kibbles and Bits

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 03:50 am
Thanks Rebellious

dichotomy07/26/12 - 09:53 am

Burke County...I like it!

rebellious......I LIKE IT. If fact, that is about the best idea I have heard lately and one that could possibly work.
---------------------------------

I haven't seen him that excited in a looong time....great idea & he knows it!

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 03:20 am
Hi Shrimp

Great to see you back around these parts....couldn't stay away...couldya!

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 03:25 am
Gotta warn you

You know when you comment on here rebellious you could end up on Austins program....soooo if you have any dead kats in your closet....ya better buryem...

just saying!

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 03:49 am
School system

I saw this comment on another article...(rebellious)

Spartan at Heart

As a Glenn Hills Alumni, it hurts to see the school I graduated from in such deep despair. I believe that is because of lax or non-existent parenting, not the school administration. No doubt Mr. Frazier lost face and authority with his much publicized problems, but that school needs a Mr. Clark! As do many in Augusta, with support from the community. And they need to send non/low performing teachers down the road, as did Mr. Frazier.

----------------
Oh I agree....but you see what happens everytime they get a Mr Clark----I couldn't be a teacher in the world today...

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 04:02 am
Slap my hand

Let me go ahead & slap my hand this am....slap slap......now that will teach me ......I have to watch that "ten'shun" ...

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 04:08 am
Guys...when you are lifting those drinks...

Have a little bit of this in the background.....I know CGee will like it!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/27/12 - 04:19 am
Reb

As a former small business owner my self I couldn't agree more. I'm just wondering how much the government helped you get started? You remember the Emperors "You didn't get there by yourself". I sure as heck don't remember the government taking any risk at all with my business. Yes, I did make money off of my employees. But at he beginning there were many weeks when my employees made more money than I did. And I was the one taking all the risks, not them or the government. Get real people. If the one percenters are so bad, quit working for them.

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 04:20 am
B4REAL

You are missed on here....but I do understand....stay under the radar....they are shooting with the real bullets now.....they clipped my wing a time or two....but GOB knows how to shoot too....not to mention the RBBs I know in the CSRA....go figure!:)
REAL BAD BOYS!

carcraft
carcraft 07/27/12 - 05:46 am
To ranter #1, Well it isn't

To ranter #1, Well it isn't the welfare queens and the union thugs that creat jobs now is it?

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/27/12 - 06:33 am
SeenIt, About Those Real Bullets

SeenIt, the attack dogs are in pursuit of B4. I figure with the outcome of the Sheriff's election, I'll either be very welcome in Richmond County or better keep a 5 mile buffer from the county if the wrong candidate wins. When I see officers going after Ronnie Strength, the sitting Sheriff, and his wife publicly, the bullets are flying like a First Friday Shootout.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/27/12 - 06:42 am
About the Public Attacks on KSM

Here is the thing about the Monday Night Mayhem monumental battle in the comments the other night. It's not what some in the media are saying in what now is a daily occurrence. I was right in the middle of it taking up for Sheriff Strength and his wife.

KSM, the wife of an officer we all know, and at least two officers using their names were going at it pretty good. I would interject when I saw the most base attacks on Sheriff Strength and his wife coming from the officers. I'm not going to use their names, but they are the ones who should be publicly chastized, not KSM. I'm surprised they were not punished officially and their comments disowned by Peebles.

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 06:43 am
You ain't seen nuthin yet!

GOB has loaded up....thank goodness he was raised in the woods by Crawforville Ga....He is cocked & ready...hhaha

I hope you can shoot River.......I know a few country boys if you need them....they live near the swamp-river-backwoods type guys.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/27/12 - 06:43 am
I noticed my points dropped a thousand

SeenIt, have you been subtracting my points or something? Heh.

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 06:49 am
Yep

I've been adding them to mine.....now don't you go running to Sean about it...he has his hands full ........with the posts we put on here he might have to load up too.

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 06:55 am
OK RDKILL

If you are still around...jump in this fracas with us..don't make me put more country on here!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/12 - 07:00 am
Wake Up America "Friday"

rebellious, Jake, shrimp, RK, cc and RM,,,,,Did I forget anyone?

Oh that new lady B4

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/27/12 - 07:02 am
Not only did I spot y'all two

Not only did I spot y'all two months with the points thing to start, but now I've spotted y'all a thousand. I handicap things to make it even.

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 07:07 am
Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 07/27/12 - 07:10 am
Nope. I'm not pushing up

Nope. I'm not pushing up daisy yet. In case you didn't know I've been over on the SS of RC in a dark back room filled with cigar smoke and wise old men from an earlier time. They held a secret meeting and decided to induct me as not only the first female member of the SS Mafia but I am now the "Godmother" (some have been calling me a different kind of mother lately). It has plenty of perks but of course there is no retirement plan.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/27/12 - 07:10 am
Hey CG

Did you see the liberal press going after Romney over his Olympics remarks? He said it was milding disconcerting the London Olympics was having problems. He wasn't making this up, it was well publicizied. Heck, you would have thought he said shoot V-2 rockets at London or something according to the press. Crazy.

seenitB4 07/27/12 - 07:16 am
Great Balls Of Fire!

Good to seeya ksm...they have perks' huh....but no retirement

plan....hahahah....BUT OOOOHHH those perks!!!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/27/12 - 07:16 am
Nope seenitB4

Just couldn't stay away. Actually I was really busy for a couple of months so I rarely even got on the internet. (Except to check my bank account, the poor thing.)
It's great to see you and river and CG and everyone else is still here!

Election Updates

ATLANTA -- David Perdue squeaked to the lead in the Republican Senate runoff Tuesday over Jack Kingston in one of the most closely watched contests in the country.