Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

SO A WISCONSIN GROUP is championing the separation of church and state evaluation of Augusta’s use of city resources to promote and plan monthly prayer breakfasts? It must be nice to have all of Wisconsin’s problems and complaints resolved so they have the money and time to branch out and advise other states and cities.

RAVES TO THE Board of Education workers and inmates who cleaned the campus at Richmond Academy in the brutal heat. A special rave to Helen Minchew for making this happen. ARC alumni are very appreciative.

RAVES TO AUGUSTA State University and WJBF for The Best of the Class 2012. And especially for Todd Gay of Channel 6 for doing such a wonderful job.

I LIKE OUR PRESIDENT. I want him to go back into office. Vice President jOE Biden should retire to spend time with his family. Hillary Clinton should be appointed by Obama as his vice president.

WHY IS EVERYONE so quick to put down Peach Orchard Road and south Augusta? Go to the Applebee’s on Washington Road and you can hear the same sort of vulgarities.

THE REASON WHY you have no respect for our president is that you are nothing but a racist. Period.

HARD TO IMAGINE why Republicans who call themselves conservatives are upset because the government is taxing people who won’t take responsibility for paying for their own health care.

WHY DO THEY ALLOW people to hold their dogs when they are driving in their vehicles? That is an obstruction. That is almost like holding a baby while you are driving. I don’t understand why that is not a law.

MAYBE THE PARENTS OF kids who break the curfew should be hit with a $100 fine for not keeping track of their kids. The city could raise some money so we can have more police.

RANT TO THE code enforcement officer who walked into the house and is now making excuses. If he had walked into my house, I would have shot him. He had no right to do that.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/12 - 12:39 pm
Harley is a tough opponent

Harley is a tough opponent and I really hate to tick him off because he debates so well.

JTF, maybe some others will start to comment about incorporation and everyone can add a little. The last time I saw this discussed I believe the consensus was it would be impossible in ARC, but let's hope that's wrong. Also the local delegation changed recently to more Republicans. It's worth taking a look at it all again.

I'm leaving my office and have ribeye steaks waiting to be grilled outside, some Vodka to be mixed with peach tea, and the pool water is crystal clear. Plus, I'll turn on the radio and hear you know who scream at Riverman. Ha. Y'all have fun.

harley_52
harley_52 07/26/12 - 12:39 pm
Mad?

I've been smiling all afternoon. I enjoy these discussions much more than yard work.....

harley_52
harley_52 07/26/12 - 12:41 pm
Enjoy Yourself...

...Riverman. Sounds like you have a great evening in front of you.

Jake
Jake 07/26/12 - 01:53 pm
Classic

harley is once again in fine form. I always enjoy reading his comments when he gets going. I have had a few civil discussions with him and when he is through with me, I feel like I am standing in a crowded room without my pants.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/26/12 - 02:03 pm

and harley got me peged too.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/12 - 02:35 pm
Ha, CG. We are honest. My

Ha, CG. We are honest. My grill is heating up right now. The vodka and peach tea is in my hand. Harley is smiling. Life is good.

harley_52
harley_52 07/26/12 - 02:39 pm
Sorry Jake...

...for giving you that feeling. It's surely not intentional.

For both of our sakes, I hope you don't imagine me in that room along with you. :)

harley_52
harley_52 07/26/12 - 02:41 pm
Riverman....

"The vodka and peach tea is in my hand."

One of these fine days maybe we can sip one together.

harley_52
harley_52 07/26/12 - 02:45 pm
CG....

"and harley got me peged too."

I think we understand each other, CG. As former soldiers who have been around for a while, I think we have some things in common and we share some similar points of view on most issues. I don't think it hurts that we like to shoot guns, fish, and discuss current events as enjoyable pastimes.

rebellious
22082
rebellious 07/26/12 - 02:47 pm
HephziBlythe

May start talking with some Municipal Law types. The schools would be an issue, also water and sewage. Hmmm Neither is under any court order for desegration or Voter Rights ACt for districting. Wow, we could be show nuff Pioneers. Might need a catchier name. Suggestions (for fun).

And I have stayed away from the discussion on racism rant. I envision Harley, smoking a pipe, stroking a beard and looking like the Dos Equis guy......(shudder)

Nomaninthesky
Nomaninthesky 07/26/12 - 02:59 pm
Sfb

Please please dont waste your time praying for atheists. Most of us are atheists because we thoroughly read the bible and have prayed to no avail. Atheism is the lack of religion. Dont worry we are not jealous of you. We do pity your lack of knowledge, however. I love obama too and will vote for him rather than moneybags!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/12 - 03:07 pm
That guy

Well rebel if he does look like that guy-he probably wouldn't have much time to post....wimmmen would be chasing

Good ideas tossed out today btw.

harley_52
harley_52 07/26/12 - 03:17 pm
"I envision Harley, smoking a

"I envision Harley, smoking a pipe, stroking a beard and looking like the Dos Equis guy......(shudder)"

You'll be disappointed to learn that I don't smoke a pipe, don't have a beard to stroke, and don't drink Dos Equis.

Not (shuddering)......

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/26/12 - 03:43 pm
Update

Sarge is now at this time moving to Room 631 in Rehab. Will be there approximately 5 to 6 weeks. Room Tele# (706) 651- 4631. Wait a few hours to let him settle in. He is complaining that he will have get up at 630 hours. You get soft when you are a retired Vet. Ha Ha.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/26/12 - 03:46 pm
Just Thinking

Seeing we have RK and Brad in the area, it may be time for a "Meeting Of The Minds".

RM, I'm not a vodka man but if you invite me, I'll bring my own "Reserve"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/26/12 - 03:48 pm
harley

You have always hit it pretty close to the head in my book. Sure would like to tilt a few with you.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/26/12 - 03:50 pm
Ford

and the stock market is tearing me a new one. Never dreamed it would go below 9.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/12 - 04:05 pm
Hey, all my friends,

Hey, all my friends, especially CG and Harley will be invited. No one buys anything at my get-togethers. Vodka, Reserve, beer, you name it. Harley and CG are my heroes.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 07/26/12 - 04:32 pm
Did anyone at the rants editorial staff

...read the instructions? "The Augusta Chronicle comments are ... not for personal attacks or harassment of others. You agree not to make racist, obscene or hateful remarks."

Seems someone on the staff sandbagged SM. If I had posted number six as a response, it would have been pulled and I would have been sent a nastygram.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 07/26/12 - 04:40 pm
Today's offerings

... were pretty much not worth the electricity to log on other than the debate about secession from the county. Being from below I-20 in Columbia County, I understand and sympathise.

There are charcoals all white ash and red glow, lamb marinated in lime and macerated just-cut rosemary, corn soaked in their husks waiting. A splash of Sapphire gin and tonic and my day will be complete as well.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 07/26/12 - 04:45 pm
I could enjoy

being in the company of Harley, Riverman, RK and definitely CG. 'Couse, I don't drink anything stronger than pop.

Pop'll drink jet fuel if it's offered, though.

(Yeah, I know it's an old one, but I couldn't resist.)

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/12 - 05:36 pm
Family Commercial With Peebles

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/26/12 - 06:40 pm
RM - dstewartsr

Thanks,

Little more info on Sarge......no phone calls or visitors until after 1500 hours. The air conditioner in his room isn't working so is making his way up the chain of command to resolve it.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 07/26/12 - 09:05 pm
Harley, I can't find it?

Harley, I can't find it?

KSL
KSL 07/26/12 - 09:06 pm
Thanks for the update on

Thanks for the update on Sarge, CG. Today was a very long work day. Got home after 9:00. Unless the arm tilting is all male, please include us. I would like to see the 3 of you again and meet Harley.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 07/26/12 - 09:07 pm
Jake, that may be your

Jake, that may be your funniest comment ever, though I'm seriously resisting visualising it!

rebellious
22082
rebellious 07/26/12 - 09:51 pm
Family Commercial With Peebles

RM said "I just saw the Scott Peebles commercial extolling family values with the kids around him. How long has he been married?"

A long time, just not to the same woman. And that ain't baby momma in the shoot. Come to think of it, that ain't Scott's truck he fires down out of. It's good to have friends who own car dealerships.

I love the radio add where he says "law enforcement system". It comes out Law enfowsmint sinner. Suffering Succatash, I tawt I taw a puddy tat.

rebellious
22082
rebellious 07/26/12 - 10:06 pm
Harley

Not disappointed as I had no real expectations, just an imagination of the person who would give the responses you have. I pictured a deep thinker with Hemingway appearance. For all I know you are a Midget wrestler. Or a female gynocologist. Just conjuring up a mental picture, that's all. How crazy would it have been if I had been right on all three guesses? Man I would've gone toplay the lottery that minute.

Jake
Jake 07/26/12 - 10:16 pm
@WB

Thank you and the visual of me in my skivies would be funny indeed. I am not a Chippendale, more like Chip&Dale.