Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

SO A WISCONSIN GROUP is championing the separation of church and state evaluation of Augusta’s use of city resources to promote and plan monthly prayer breakfasts? It must be nice to have all of Wisconsin’s problems and complaints resolved so they have the money and time to branch out and advise other states and cities.

RAVES TO THE Board of Education workers and inmates who cleaned the campus at Richmond Academy in the brutal heat. A special rave to Helen Minchew for making this happen. ARC alumni are very appreciative.

RAVES TO AUGUSTA State University and WJBF for The Best of the Class 2012. And especially for Todd Gay of Channel 6 for doing such a wonderful job.

I LIKE OUR PRESIDENT. I want him to go back into office. Vice President jOE Biden should retire to spend time with his family. Hillary Clinton should be appointed by Obama as his vice president.

WHY IS EVERYONE so quick to put down Peach Orchard Road and south Augusta? Go to the Applebee’s on Washington Road and you can hear the same sort of vulgarities.

HARD TO IMAGINE why Republicans who call themselves conservatives are upset because the government is taxing people who won’t take responsibility for paying for their own health care.

WHY DO THEY ALLOW people to hold their dogs when they are driving in their vehicles? That is an obstruction. That is almost like holding a baby while you are driving. I don’t understand why that is not a law.

MAYBE THE PARENTS OF kids who break the curfew should be hit with a $100 fine for not keeping track of their kids. The city could raise some money so we can have more police.

RANT TO THE code enforcement officer who walked into the house and is now making excuses. If he had walked into my house, I would have shot him. He had no right to do that.

tcowan13
tcowan13 07/25/12 - 05:28 pm
I Respect The Statement That

I Respect The Statement That Says That "The Reason Why you have no respect for our president is because you are nothing but a bunch of racists. 'Nuff Said,Period.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/25/12 - 10:39 pm
3 Years 8 Months

of facts, actions and figures has made me a Racist because I have no respect for the King SMNCICBHO.

bubbasauce
bubbasauce 07/25/12 - 11:02 pm
How about talking on cell

How about talking on cell phones while driving. It has been proven in study after study it is as dangerous as DUI !!!!!!!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/26/12 - 01:48 am
first rant

Thiis group of Athiests have nothing better to do that bother believers.
I think that they're jealous because we believe in a God and because they don't they want to make it as hard as they possibly can for us to practice our faith.
I'll pray for them.
I understand that government money shouldn't be used to promote any religion but come on a prayer breakfast?
Does this really offend them? Maybe we should check their books to make sure they're not using government funds to promote their agenda. I mean even though they may not believe it but Atheism is a religion.
I think I'll start an organization called "Freedom From Atheists"
Who's with me?

Trouble
Trouble 07/26/12 - 03:15 am
morning

6th rant........first comment.........always good to compliment yourself on getting your rant published......no matter how racist it is.....

being called a racist by a racist it kinda just cancels itself out....lol

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/26/12 - 05:41 am
Racism?

I don't care for the Emperor simply because he thinks he is an Emperor or something. I don't care for Nancy (we have to pass it to see what's in it) Pelosi. So I guess I am sexist too. I don't like Harry Reid, and he is a white male.

I do like Condelezza Rice. Not sure how that is possible since she is a black female.

I hope ya'll choke on that damned race card. Now grow up and get a life.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/26/12 - 06:12 am
The Race Card

Don't leave home without it.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/26/12 - 06:27 am
Hillary

Hillary has decided she won't be Secretary of State should Obama win. I know she doesn't want to be VP. She said she's tired of politics. Whether she's telling the truth I don't know.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/26/12 - 06:32 am
Say what?

If I don't like Obama then I'm a racist?
What am I if I don't like Romney?
Whoever wrote this rant probably thinks OJ didn't kill his wife or Ron Goldman.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/12 - 06:58 am
Good am Augusta ....esp. South Augusta Friends..:)

To my crackpot friends

Feel Good About Who You Are An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do. After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house."

The old woman smiled, "Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?" "That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them." "For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

So, to all of my crackpot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!

This is an oldie but so true..........I can't play much today...I have "stuff" going on....lots of it---reminds me of a Carlin joke---where do ya put your stuff......

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/12 - 07:07 am
Just 1 wish today...

I wish that rebellious & Riverman could get together & come up with a plan to take South Augusta back....yall know what I'm talking about....no not racist.....take it back from no man land.....make it part of Augusta again....you know-----make it glow & grow...two very smart guys working together.....I want the Big Boys to say..."What the "blank" happened"....:):)---thanks

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/12 - 07:47 am
carcraft said this...it needs to be said again..

There is a story told by a Rabbi. A young man got mad at the older Rabbi for being so entrenched. The Rabbi was lied about and slandered by the young man. The young man repented of his error and sin and went and told the Rabbi he was sorry, and ask what he could do to make amends. The Rabbi said "Young man take a feather pillow, tear off the end and cast the feathers to the wind." After you have done that wait a day then go and gather all the feathers". The young man said "that is impossible" The Rabi said "yes, you are correct,there is nothing you can do to restore my good name to what it was."

Many involved in the Sheriffs race should read this .........you can't put toothpaste back in the tube....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/26/12 - 07:58 am
New theme song

I have the perfect theme song for the Emperor's campaign. Billy Joel and "I'm Moving Out".

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/26/12 - 07:59 am
Good Morning

Before I forget, good morning posters and posers.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/12 - 08:20 am
Country Music Greats.....oh how we have aged some

Look at this & you can see some greats in later years of life----still kicking.....i also see the geat love they have for each other.....sorta like us..heh heh....except WE don't age..:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/26/12 - 08:22 am
F4ther Time

Don't give up the ship...I see a new day a-coming....:)

seeya later folks!

Techfan
Techfan 07/26/12 - 08:24 am
"SO A WISCONSIN GROUP is

"SO A WISCONSIN GROUP is championing the separation of church and state" So you agree that we can kick the Tea Party Patriots out of Georgia since they were founded and funded by Dick Armey and Freedomworks which is headquartered in DC?

bdouglas
bdouglas 07/26/12 - 08:26 am
Someone doth say: "THE REASON

Someone doth say: "THE REASON WHY you have no respect for our president is that you are nothing but a racist. Period."

Yes. Just like my appreciation of a decent Chick-Fil-A sandwich makes me a bigot. Makes perfect sense! "You're free to speak your mind...as long as you agree with me!" Heaven forbid people have opinions of their own!

strib1
strib1 07/26/12 - 08:29 am
bho joe hilly

if not liking theses 3 jokes makes me a racist then thats what i am... but i am not and i still dont like them.. they say u get what u ask for and i did not ask for this!!!

rebellious
rebellious 07/26/12 - 08:36 am
Annexation

If you can't join em, quit em! Taking back South Augusta is easier said than done, as some BIG BUCKS from the hill are thrown at the District 6 and 8 elections every cycle. And that's just the money reported, not including the under-the-table contributions. We keep electing politicians with small businesses that are susceptable to legal bribery (contracts for services rendered to financial backers), who then are bought servants. Even IF, Even IF we were to get the right people in place, they still are outweighed by the other 8 commissioners. Not one of my favorites, but Andy Cheek thought he had a coalition with Marion Williams to get some aid and votes. You saw where that went. Andy stilll has that scar in his back.

So....for a roundhouse discussion, what if we petitioned for a referendum to be annexed into Burke County. AT least the 8th district. Is it radical? Sure. Are we sick enough of being ignored to do something like this. Could be. And we may not see improved services, but the taxes would go way down.And a huge message would be heard.

dade30906
dade30906 07/26/12 - 08:47 am
A hit dog will holla, you

A hit dog will holla, you know who you are with hate in your heart. Every time people mention hate the unhuman being response with "playing the race card." Do you believe a rose can grow through concrete? Hate will always play a factor in our society and it's a bad element that will take time to eradicate as long as one track minded people quick to baffled the race card. Some people don't even know the meaning of a racist, they just quick to holla " red rock."

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/12 - 09:16 am
Rebellious

I know breaking away from a city is incredibly difficult although I can't recall the exact law now. I think it requires a majority vote of the entire city or something like that. My thought is why couldn't South and West Augusta work in unison to support each other forming their own two cities?

Have one vote with two separate votes for each area and have voters in those two areas support each other's bid to break away. Something has to be done.

Y'all are being bled dry to support the failing, old city of only 44,000 people with their poorly thought out projects that benefit a handful of people. There was a reason the old city went bankrupt and why they pushed for consolidation. They wanted y'all to foot the bill.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/12 - 09:58 am
I've heard the Burke County

I've heard the Burke County idea before, but I THINK it is more difficult legislatively than forming your own city within Richmond Cty. Wasn't it Sandy Springs up near Atlanta where they did that? But say Rebellious is right, what about West Augusta to Columbia County, too? They would love that.

allhans
allhans 07/26/12 - 10:07 am
When homes come empty then

When homes come empty then those concerned might want to buy the properties. Folks SOLD OUT and left not only the southern part of the county, but the entire county was impacted. Can you now reverse the flow? I doubt it. Maybe years from now.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/12 - 10:12 am
Sandy Springs Experience

This is about part of a county incorporating on its own. It's not exactly the situation here, but it offers valuable insight to the process. Look at the "history."

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/26/12 - 10:34 am
About Campaign Contributions Under the Table

Here's a story I heard. A certain commissioner was asked why he didn't contribute to Elaine Johnson's campaign when it was released that he had given lots to a candidate for another county office. He replied, "You know I don't really have that kind of money." Heh, heh, heh.

Really_Really
Really_Really 07/26/12 - 10:50 am
The difference

Well, I guess thats the difference between me and a racist. I respect the President, I just don't think he is the right one for the job.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/26/12 - 10:58 am
Dichotomy's 0843 hit the ball

Dichotomy's 0843 hit the ball out of the park. The race card has been used for so long as a bludgeon to silence peoples' opinions that it has turned into a twig. I DON'T CARE!!; and no one else should either! I could fill this page with names of people of African descent whom I like and have respect for, and I could create an equally large list for those I don't. I that makes me racist, then so be it.

By the way, I detest Obama's white half...

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/26/12 - 11:11 am
Eat more chickin!!

"But current company President Dan Cathy sparked a controversy when he confirmed in an interview with the Baptist Press earlier this month their belief that marriage should be allowed only between one man and one woman. (Cathy, also the CEO, is the son of the founder.)

"Well, guilty as charged," he said, when asked about the position. “We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/26/12 - 11:18 am
itsanotherday1 "I DON'T CARE"

Sticks and Stones may break my bones but being called a racist will not effect me in any way.....Knowing I'm not.