Rants & Raves

RANT FOR OBAMA. Obama had nothing to do for the oil prices coming down. Sarah Palin was responsible for this when she got up and told the country how we were being ripped off by the oil companies.

I THINK IT IS STRANGE that straight people spend so much time thinking about gay people. Why don’t you just mind your own beeswax?

THIS IS A RAVE for the neighborhood watch association on Fairbluff Road. Everybody responded, banded together, armed ourselves and helped the Richmond County Police Depart­ment track down a car thief and a drug dealer who is now in custody in most part thanks to the neighborhood watch. And let this be a warning to all the rest of you criminals, stay out of our neighborhood because we are armed and ready, and we will work with the police department. We are tired of you guys. Your day is over. We are taking our community back.

RANTS TO THE traffic engineering department. They need to find somebody to figure out how to synchronize the red lights better, especially on Central Avenue from Daniel Village to Druid Park. At 8 o’clock in the morning when you are headed to work or school, you have to stop at every single red light.

JUNE UNEMPLOYMENT for blacks was over 14 percent, absolute proof that Obama has no loyalty to minorities.

GOV. HALEY REMOVED millions from her budget. Good for her! Idiotic reps/senators insist that they can spend money – they call it “investing” – when one, there is no money left, and two, when the “investments” are not things that are the business of government.

FOLKS, WE HAVE AN opportunity July 31 to send a message to the politicians: “No increase in our taxes” – not sales taxes, not property taxes, No taxes, period!

A RANT TO THE folks who complained about the winner of Mexico’s presidential race giving gift cards for a vote. The Democrats in the U.S. have been doing that for years. They are called EBT cards.

NOT ONLY ARE THESE so-called worship centers on every street corner scams, people are posing as ministers without any formal education. Who is policing these places to ensure they are adhering to the same laws as respectable places of worship?

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 07/23/12 - 12:02 am
Really?

" I think it is strange that straight people spend so much time thinking about gay people."

Ummm- perhaps because gay people spend so much time identifying themselves so publicly, and often times, it's so in-your-face straights cannot help but take notice. Most straights I know believe as long as it's adults, and they don't have to pay for it or join in, what you do in private is okay, but should stay private. It isn't straights 'outing' gays.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 07/23/12 - 12:05 am
June unemployment for blacks was over 14%

...and yet they will still vote almost 100% for their Obamessiah in November.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 07/23/12 - 12:12 am
T-SPLOST

Taxing Suckers- Politicians Laughing Over Shameless Theft

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/23/12 - 12:44 am
Sarah Palin?

Sarah Palin is responsible for gas prices coming down?
Sorry but this moron doesn't know how the oil prices work much less how to make oil cheaper. It has to do with supply and demand.
As an historian I find her grasp on American History so lacking that it's an embarrasment to her party.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/23/12 - 12:48 am
Rant # 2

I too find straight people thinking about gay people way too much.
Why is this?
The other day I read a rant from a woman who looked at all the "spotted" pictures of the gay pride parade before making her opinion known. Could these people be closet homosexuals?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/23/12 - 04:33 am
Fracas

Well so good to be here this am....
Last night I got in a fracas with a parrot...the doc said I just had a bent paw that I would be ok in a few days.....not to worry...
I try to stay out of fracas......because usually someone always gets the ole feelings hurt...pouts....but hey---a little med & good to go again...

Wow...will this election ever end....it seems to be twilight zone......ya better watch out southside.....rebellious has his wicked humor & he's gonna git ya..
Dang man you are funny!!
I hope FSanders picks you for every posse..:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/23/12 - 04:43 am
rebellious said..

Oh my doodness

Shifter, shifter shifter... Yea those Southside Mafia guys, boy howdy... I think I saw one the other day in a limo with white gloves on. Then looked closer! It was Roundtree making his announcement. Yep If the SSM (Southside Mafia) wins, word on the street is they want payback (and it's a mutha) in police protection. Shut the front door.. Them bustards.

SceneIT: 4 candidates = Runoff. Leonards Losers. GoDowns goes down for the count, Ivey hanging out to dry on the Ivy (not Ivory, which is illegal to possess in the US), but not before pulling enough Democrat votes to be the spoiler. Roundtree, Lost cred with the ladykilling, will pull more away, as the Ivey wraps around him. Leonards Post Toastie call... In a close one, (and call me crazy, cause I'll have to eat this if it's wrong), Runoff between Peebles and Silas. Gosh, I hate to put this in writing, but that's my call.

Now that is funny....needs repeating--so I did!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/23/12 - 04:51 am
It came to me during the night..

I figured out what sp's group is missing.....
A SENSE OF HUMOR.......too bad cause they definitely need it!

We do have a few comics on here ....maybe they will fill in til they can find someone.
Be careful though...because usually radio jockeys don't have humor...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/23/12 - 07:46 am
Wake Up America

@1 Do you think that she had to inform the people of this country that the oil companies were ripping us off!

@2 dstewartsr took care of that one, did a good job too.

@3 Oh Oh, another trayvon/Martin in the making.

@4 If you drove the speed limit, they would be synchronize.

@5 dstewartsr took care of that too.

@6 No comment.

@7 Flat/Fair tax.

@8 Ain't that there the damn Truth!

@9 I never get involved in religious debates.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/23/12 - 05:57 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/23/12 - 06:02 am
Must Add Some Common Sense Too

Top 12 Reasons to Vote for a Democrat

When your family or friends cannot explain why they voted for a Democrat, give them this list.
1. I voted for a Democrat because I believe oil companies’ profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.
2. I voted for a Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
3. I voted for a Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
4. I voted for a Democrat because I’m way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers, rapists, thugs, and thieves.
5. I voted for a Democrat because I believe that people who can’t tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will disappear in ten years because of Global Warming if I don’t start driving a Prius or a Chevy Volt.
6. I voted for a Democrat because I’m not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
7. I voted for a Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.
8. I voted for a Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
9. I voted for a Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution regularly to suit some fringe folks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
10. I voted for a Democrat because I think that it’s better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill for our own because it might upset some useless endangered beetle, gopher, or fish.
11. I voted for a Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised “HOPE AND CHANGE.”
12. I voted for a Democrat because my head is so firmly buried in the sand that it’s unlikely that I’ll ever have another point of view.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/23/12 - 06:10 am
Good am CGee

#12 is the one I like the best!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/23/12 - 06:14 am
FIX THE DANG LIGHTS

Send then up north to fix the dang lights all over Georgia...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/23/12 - 06:15 am
{{B4}}

{{B4}}

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/23/12 - 06:17 am
Darn B4

You already have beat me on the downers this AM.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/23/12 - 06:17 am
:):)

Luvs you back...but don't tell anyone.....wimmen get jealous ....believe it or not!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/23/12 - 06:19 am
Haha

I'm helping AC with the clicker count....they appreciate it too....might give me my own r/rs ...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/23/12 - 06:31 am
carcraft
carcraft 07/23/12 - 06:36 am
O Shrimp, I will call you

O Shrimp, I will call you out, exactly where is Sarah Palin ignorant on History? I find many more Democrats appallingly ignorant of Histroy. Most don't even realize that a greater percentage of Republicans voted for the civil rights act than Democrats and that it would not have passed if left only to Democrats! You had Democrats like Al Gore's Father, Robert Byrd, and Fulbright (of Fulbright Scholarship fame) etc that voted against it. And no not all Democrats became Republicans over it!

carcraft
carcraft 07/23/12 - 07:28 am
Speaking of stupid comments,

Speaking of stupid comments, Chuckie Shumer's we have three a branches of government, the house, Senate, and the presidency is a classic!

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 07/23/12 - 07:54 am
Actually, carcraft, maybe he

Actually, carcraft, maybe he isn't so off, afterall, Obama, he is nothing, if not about CHANGE.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 07/23/12 - 07:57 am
Good Morning, Carcraft, CG,

Good Morning, Carcraft, CG, Shrimp, dstewartsr & seenitb4.
Also, to the mia's this gorgeous a.m.

CG, do you have any update on Sarge and can he get his email?

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/23/12 - 08:14 am
The Media Can Make Any Public Figure Appear Dumb or Bright

Let's be honest here. It's actually the media that takes a certain slant on a public figure and will take things out of context to make a person appear dumb or smart. It happens mainly in a negative way with conservatives because the media, including Hollywood, is liberal. It's obvious they certainly have protected Obama with his gaffes.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 07/23/12 - 07:59 am
rebellious, I will bet with

rebellious, I will bet with you, but Willow's not much for weeping or medicating:) I'm still thinking of your's.

Trouble
Trouble 07/23/12 - 08:09 am
morning all

rm, sometimes even the media finds it impossible to make the things obama says look good.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/23/12 - 08:14 am
Herman Cain Said it Best

When liberal media tried to portray Herman Cain as dumb and asked him about the president of Uzbekistan, he said he had no idea who it was, but he would have three people telling him all about the guy if he were president.

Good morning, SeenIt, CG, Willow, Shrimp, Carcraft and dstewartsr.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/23/12 - 08:15 am
Trouble, so true

Trouble, they sure have. I liked it when George Clooney jumped on the guy for asking him about his support of Obama without using the title President in front of his name.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 07/23/12 - 08:21 am
Say it ain't so, Riverman!

The media slant things? Hunh. That explains why a Rhodes scholar (who flunked out) and draft dodger, and a legacy student who made 'gentleman's C's' whose father got him a position equivalent to "Doughnut Dolly" in the service --neither of which have ever been successful in anything but public office-- are held to be the brightest minds of their generation, while another, who was a naval aviator (a notoriously easy and unchallenging position), obtained a Master's degree, and subsequently ran several profitable businesses turns out to be borderline retarded.

Or so the media keeps telling us.

magnoliabelle
magnoliabelle 07/23/12 - 08:22 am
South County

I was born and raised in Augusta, moved away in 1967, and moved back to Augusta in 2003.
We use to ride the buses to go downtown, and see a movie or just walk down Broad Street and window shop. We had police officers on the street walking their beats, and we always felt safe.
The politicians were crooked then, and so was the police dept., but the streets were safe to walk down at that time.

Fast forward to the present, things still the same, except you don't dare go out day or night and think you are safe, as for policitians, their still the same.
The police no longer walk a beat and know the business, so therefore the gangs know what they can and can't do, like shoot up Broad Street and know the cops aren't anywhere around.

Somewhere along the line, things got really messed up, to bad Sheriff Ronnie Strength is retireing, all of this really bad stuff has happened on his watch. I guess he messed up so bad he doesen't want to stay and figure out how to fix it, happy retirement Sheriff Strength, you left a nice mess for who ever the next crooked Sheriff is!

So sorry I moved back here, it's not the Augusta I knew and loved!