Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHAT WONDERFUL IRONY! Some old Confederate money is now worth thousands of dollars per bill while a current $1 U.S. bill won’t buy you diddly. “Save your Confederate money, boys, the South’s gonna rise again.” (Well, who knows? Everything else is crumbling.)

WHO CARES IF Obamacare is a tax or a penalty, since it’s obviously BOTH! And it’s also obviously UNconstitutional, no matter what our enemies on the Supreme Court have the blatant and flagrant audacity to claim.

OBAMA IS TRYING TO sneak a bill through Congress that will use the power of treaties with foreign governments to effectively kill Americans’ freedom to bear arms as stated in the Constitution’s 2nd Amendment.

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN why the North Augusta Walmart does not water the plants and hanging baskets? They leave them until they are very wilted, throw them in a box and get the forklift to haul the box to their Dumpster.

THE ONLY WAY TO improve our inner-city community is to get rid of the bad elements. They have become the role models. Build more jails if you need to, but don’t keep releasing habitual violators back into the community.

THE NEXT TIME YOU happen to shake hands with a career politician, e.g., a U.S. senator or representative, consider that it’s like shaking hands with Al Capone, except that in comparison, Capone was a pussycat.

GOSH, DELTA FLIGHTS from Augusta have increased $300 to $900. Sadly Atlanta is much cheaper. I won’t be flying from Augusta any more.

IT SEEMS I CANNOT open my mail without there being yet another letter from my bank with a page of legalese telling me they have once again changed the terms of “our” agreement. Although the letter always closes telling me how much they appreciate me, not once has the change benefitted me.

I SAW THIS LINE on the back window of a pickup truck and it is stuck in my head. I hope it never goes away: I HOPE ONE DAY TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG THINKS I AM.

RANT TO THE Columbia County code enforcer. I’d like to know how many other times have you walked in someone’s house and didn’t get caught.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/22/12 - 05:01 am
Haha

I agree with this..:)

good morning CSRA....I'm feeling good & I hope yall are too.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/22/12 - 05:04 am
Special am

A special good am to Happy because of all the kind words she has for me.......:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/22/12 - 05:16 am
Did some see the light

Some are seeing the light on the Sheriffs race---finally!! heheh
This is forya..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/22/12 - 07:34 am
Wake Up America

B4, you ain't by chance trying to compete with me on "Downers"?

Beautiful day, Sitting on my lower patio and watched a pure white crane get a foot long bass. "At lease he worked for his breakfast"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/22/12 - 07:38 am
@3

I sure would like this King SNNCICBHO succeed with that one!!!!

I'm waiting.....His final act to destroy America.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/22/12 - 07:39 am
Whatchu mean cgee

The downers love us...hahha

Attention to poster Rebellious......please hang in here with us....we need your straight talking----take 0 prisoners kind of style...with your posts we might turn Augusta around & upside down!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/22/12 - 07:44 am
Will Not

debate Sheriff's, Race, Robbery, Free Felons and Gangs today.

Darn, what's left to debate on.......

Oh yes, two sweet "Ladies" betting the crap out of a horn honker!!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/22/12 - 07:46 am
RetiredArmy

What happened to him?

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/22/12 - 07:52 am
I've got a Confederate 20

I've got a Confederate 20 dollar bill that I'm proud of. I stuck it in the picture I have of General Lee leading his army across the Potomac. Hey, SeenIt and CG. Nice reporting of the crane getting the bass. I watch the same thing out my back window. Beautiful.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/22/12 - 07:52 am
Rm

It sure is great to get that feeling of being FREE sometimes.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/22/12 - 07:58 am
Embeding

Wish AC would allow it. I have some some real nice scenic pictures I would like to share......but I know they know some AH would miss use it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/22/12 - 08:07 am
I wish

I wish I had a crane in my backyard
I wish I had a river in my backyard
I wish I had a big house
wait a minute......I can't clean what I have---I will have company Monday so this place needs a -cleaning....I won't be able to enjoy yall all day....dog gone it!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/22/12 - 08:35 am
Zell MILLER

There is a great article in the AJC about Zell ...He walks with a cane now & has had some health issues....he talks about his spot with Matthews & how he is embarrassed about it now....well Gov. Miller you never embarrassed me...You were a great Governor & I voted forya....I'm proud to say you came from Georgia.....Good luck.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/22/12 - 08:35 am
New ALDI Store

The new ALDI discount store is coming to Columbia County without the county giving them any kind of tax break. Contrast that with Richmond County and Costco.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/22/12 - 08:50 am
Zell Embarrassed?

I don't know why he would be. If they would have had that duel, we would have had one less MSNBC idiot.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/22/12 - 08:56 am
Cute RM

Great article on Zell...he has had the shingles--fell down stairs & broke ribs.....now back trouble....
But ya gotta like the guy.......so true to his roots (mountains)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/22/12 - 08:58 am
Gotta go for a spell.....keep

Gotta go for a spell.....keep it real Cgee & River..

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 07/22/12 - 09:14 am
Good Morning CG & River, you

Good Morning CG & River, you boys are already shaking those tail feathers.

CG, please tell Sarge, I'm thinking of him and hope he is feeling much better. Does he have a way to get his email?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/22/12 - 10:30 am
"...(H)ow many other times

...have you walked in someone’s house..." Bart Simpson Defense, circa 2012: "There's no video, so it never happened."

Ooops!

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/22/12 - 10:35 am
Zell Miller

...Never voted for the man, but his work on getting the HOPE program through the legislature earned respect from both sides of the political spectrum. Too bad he had to water down the safeguards to keep the system solvent (i.e.; keeping the thieving politicians from it). I wish him well.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/22/12 - 10:42 am
Confederate money?

I'd say REAL money; there's an old saw about how at the turn of the century (my century, not this newfangled thing) a 20-dollar gold piece could buy the best room in town, the best meal in town along with the comforts of the best bottle of champagne and, um, companionship for the evening. And it still can.

Paper money from that era, not so much.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/22/12 - 11:03 am
Penn St. Penalty Prediction

I just heard on the radio that the NCAA will announce penalities against Penn St. tomorrow. I am going to make a prediction I haven't heard anyone else come up with. The penalty will be mainly donation of all profits from football for a while to victims of child abuse. The guilty ones for the most part are dead, in jail or awaiting trial. This seems fair to me. It doesn't punish the school and those not involved.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/22/12 - 11:18 am
Penn State

...RM1, I hope you're right. I doubt it, because hysteria usually prevails; this is a case of what I've termed "Blazing Saddles Syndrome;" a bunch of underworkd and overpaid apparatchiks sit around in a boardroom somewhere and the leader says in effect, "We gotta protect our phoney-baloney jobs!" The NCAA has not yet demonstrated any discernable difference in handling this tragedy.

daphne3520
daphne3520 07/22/12 - 12:22 pm
North Augusta WalMart Watering....

Maybe, while whomever is at it explaining the theory to you Ranter, they can ALSO offer a plausible explanation of WHY Highway 25, all along the corridor of the WalMart you refer tois watered about 2 or 3 times per week. Obviously, macadam highway has NO greenery!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/22/12 - 12:25 pm
Good Afternoon

The Emperor will use any means necessary to keep us from owing firearms. And we all know laws work. We never read about a convicted felon using a gun in his next crime.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/22/12 - 01:35 pm
OK Friends

I think it is time to call the number...706 651-5516.
Sarge has been bounced around rooms and hard to keep up with him.
At this time he is in an Emotional Down Slide due to the fact he may end up an nursing home. Most of the Rehabs are not taking Medicare and he is afraid he will have to loose everything he has if he goes to a home.
He was real sick for two days because of low blood count, got a few bags of blood and is doing ok at this time.
He keeps mentioning you all and sure would do him good to hear your support.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/22/12 - 02:16 pm
Shaking hands with a politician

If you shake hands with a politician you better have a bottle of anti-bacterial lotion in your pocket or purse!

Hey SeenitB4 I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said "Horn Broken, Watch for Finger!"
Ain't that a hoot!

countyman
20115
countyman 07/22/12 - 03:18 pm
I know certain people love to

I know certain people love to go out of their way to make Columbia County seem so much better than Richmond County...

Columbia county gave tax breaks to both the Zaxbys on Columbia rd and Bojangles on South Belair rd in Martinez...

There's over thirty ALDI stores in the state of Georgia alone... Only ten Costco locations exist in Georgia, and nine of the warehouses are centered around metro Atlanta..

The AlDI is close to $1.5 million, and the Costco is an $17-$22 million impact... One store will attract the general local population, and the other retailer will draw people from outside of the CSRA..

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/22/12 - 03:28 pm
Shrimp

I have missed you on hrere....glad you came to see us today.....I can see many posts have gone bye bye on other articles ....

Patty-P
Patty-P 07/22/12 - 03:57 pm
countyman

As far as safety and quality of life, Columbia County far surpasses Richmond County on all levels. Has NOTHING to do with what you are building. Where people work and where they choose to live are two completely different things.

'Do not swim' order lifted for Savannah River

Officials have lifted the "do not swim" order for the Savannah River, but questions still linger on the unknown substance's origin.