Rants & Raves

I WAS TOTALLY disgusted when I opened up The Augusta Chronicle and saw a half-naked man on the front of it. Please use better taste. The baby was absolutely precious, but the half-naked man was disgusting.

IT SEEMS LIKE there’s a lot of bullying going on in Richmond County schools and the kids are taking pointers from the teachers.

WRIGHT MCLEOD (GOP candidate opposing Democratic Rep. John Barrow) says “there is need for a (taxpayer paid) safety net.” A safety net is always a benign-sounding term that ends up forcing more socialism on us.

WITH ALL THE NAME changes with the colleges, I think we need to change “Augusta” to “Azziz.” Go ahead and give him the city; he is changing everything else.

TO THE PERSON who wanted the churches to start paying taxes: If the 50 percent of people who pay no taxes would start paying their fair share, we would not have to worry about the deficit.

IT IS TIME FOR churches to pay taxes on their property. They have these big fancy churches that don’t pay nothing. Nothing but rich people go to these churches.

I WAS HAPPY to read that Mississippi was passing a law against abortion clinics. I am hoping Georgia and South Carolina will follow suit. No problems are solved by killing babies.

A BIG RANT TO THE parents who left their 10- 12-year-old son behind at the Golden Corral.

I THINK THE teacher suing for discrimination needs to get an attorney. Don’t try to fight it yourself. I represented myself in the Richmond County courts and lost.

I WORK IN AN all-you-can-eat buffet. Just because they say one size fits all doesn’t mean that one size fits all. Please look into a mirror before you go outside.

I THINK SCOTT DEAN is innocent. I am a native of Columbia County. Judge Blanchard should have given him a new trial.

I WATCHED THE BET Awards and I was so disappointed in the terrible language. I was also so proud of gospel singer Yolanda Adams for telling all these “stars” to be responsible.

WALTER WILLIAMS should have a place in Romney’s cabinet.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/16/12 - 10:32 pm
@ Ranter #3

I think you are correct. Very dangerous thinking on McLeod's part.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/16/12 - 10:34 pm
@ Ranter #13

Regarding Walter Williams in Romney's cabinet, I say, “Right on!”

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 07/16/12 - 11:13 pm
"...(taxpayer paid) safety net..."

We tried that, calling it the Great Society, starting in the 60's, which turned into a hammock in the 90's, and then mutated into our present featherbed for fourth generation parasites.

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 07/16/12 - 11:21 pm
"If the 50 percent

...of people who pay no taxes would start paying their fair share, we would not have to worry about the deficit."

Nonsense. Regardless of how much money we give (?) them, the politicians spend more. It's not about the money; it has to do with forcing property owners to subsidize churches. I get serious heartburn supporting a religion of which I am not a member, but actively oppose. Then, to add insult to injury, property owners are dictated to by these holy rollers leeches what business they can open and what hours they can operate. As freeloaders on the property owners, they should be forced to petition and get expensive business licenses for their moneymaking operations.

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 07/16/12 - 11:26 pm
The BET Awards

... weren't your cup of tea? Watch the WET Awards, instead. Whaddya mean there isn't one? Because a white awards show would be racist? Oh.

Jake
Jake 07/16/12 - 11:26 pm
All you can eat

I am not sure about this rant. Is it a clothing rant? They still make Sans-A-Belt slacks with the expandable waist so if you chow down too much your belly can expand in comfort.

Who is Walter Williams? By all means put him in Romney's cabinet, next to the caviar of course.

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 07/16/12 - 11:30 pm
"THE teacher suing

...for discrimination needs to get an attorney."

Correction; she needs to get the RIGHT attorney. In this town, your case depends more on the connections of your lawyer and less on the merits. Why do you think all these defense attornies contribute their money and names to the judicial elections?

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/17/12 - 05:22 am
Cheney for VP

Romney should pick Dick Cheney for VP and watch the MSNBC crowd go into seizures.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/17/12 - 05:27 am
Dstewart Makes a Good Point About Attorneys

They are very well paid in Augusta according to past surveys. It's an incestuous society with rulings going the way the boys want.

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 05:27 am
stewart said

Yep we did that.....I love a real featherbed btw...my granmam had one...so soft---so snuggley---soo well you get my drift..

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 05:31 am
Amazed at the news

I have been reading the national news & guess what...on weird news is the story about the toe-sucking in Grovetown...even has his pic on there...wowo......we just can't stay out of the national news lately.......what will be next I wonder---our Sheriffs race.....weeeel maybe.....if the details hit the news....maybe.....would make a great movie ---I can think of some interesting characters.......sometimes the truth really is strange...:):)

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/17/12 - 05:33 am
Joe Jackson Made Telling Comment

At the meeting concerning the forensic audit of the TEE Center and parking deck fiasco yesterday, Com. Joe Jackson said, “I won’t support a forensic audit. You catch that rabbit, and guess what, you do nothing with it.”

Exactly! With THOSE people involved in this white elephant nobody can do anything. Sad but true. I'll have to give Joe credit for being a realist.

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 05:33 am
RM??

said...incestuous society with rulings going the way the boys want.

you are brazen this am...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/17/12 - 05:37 am
Next Sheriff's Debate Should Be in X-Mart

SeenIt, with all the talk about the Sheriff's race they should have the next debate in the X-Mart.

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 05:38 am
The rabbit

If they caught the rabbit it would just go "poof" & morph into another animal........the ole boy has chased enough rabbits in his day....he knows that.

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 05:43 am
x-mart??

Now that is an idea......you could be the moderator......ksm could ask the questions......tv of course......all candidates would have a chance to tell their side......we would allow enough time for all questions.....we could have the long arm of the law there for protection...
cause...we would NEED it...
I'm getting excited about it---just thinking it could happen.......!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/17/12 - 05:48 am
Getting excited thinking

Getting excited thinking about the X-Mart, huh? We could sell videos of them telling their stories right there in THAT store.

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 05:50 am
hahha the rant says

well now....I know someone who left their kid at the county fair (by mistake)didn't realize it til they were at the house..
I have left a teen at the shopping mall...(mistake)
We even had a teen living in the house with us (years back) & we didn't know she was there....believe it or not....

oh...I could go on & on...but yall wouldn't believe it!

Good am to all the posters/readers/sheriffs candidates --honeybees..

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 05:55 am
Getting excited--yeh

The Sheriffs race gets me excited rm...so much intrique--manly tough men--danger at every turn--rich history--very sexy characters in play....the movie could have it all.:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/17/12 - 06:13 am
About Joe Jackson's Statement

I mean here's little Joe, the guy who drives his van around to run his business and sets off fireworks to make a little extra cash saying you gotta be crazy to mess with THOSE guys. Heh, heh, heh. It still makes me laugh and is so true.

About this audit, it reminds me of when I was working on my masters degree. The instructor was this big fat black fellow, a CPA, that I grew to be good friends with. He was so funny, honest and could cut through the BS. So the question came up in class about audits and what did he do when he went in and found something wrong. He said, "I get my hat and say see you later. I'm not about to get involved in something like that." Joe would have liked him.

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 06:13 am
Sending sweet thoughts

For RKill-Cgee-Sarge & my favorite Sheriffs candidate.......Freddie..

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/17/12 - 06:19 am
The Sheriff's Race

SeenItB4, I've learned so much about a couple of the candidates, It's like Jersey Shore or another reality show I was told not to mention. I mean Sylvia puts the scintillating, lascivious, voluptuous, palpitating details about one of them in almost every column.

We really have to get Freddie Sanders elected.

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 06:26 am
I know river

It is
Gone with the wind---Tobacco Rd-Gods little acre---all wrapped up into one movie....but what would we call it.....let's think about it today & come up with a great title---shucks with your "intelligence" the book would go flying off the shelf...I'm serious.

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 06:32 am
Thump away

The thumpers are awake ...good am

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/17/12 - 06:34 am
There are Two Subjects That Would Make Good Books

One is the Columbia County murder where the mother got her son to kill her rival next door. The other could be this Sheriff's race.

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 06:45 am
Well write the dang books

You could yaknow....both would sell like hot cakes.....

I'm lost in the 60s the this am---can't help it---ole memories of some good times with friends.....

ole Ferlin woulda made a great movie star....he had the looks.
just indulge me a little pls..

now that is what I call a good looking man!!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/17/12 - 06:49 am
Speaking of Ferlin Huskey, I

Speaking of Ferlin Huskey, I heard a gym owner say the other day he didn't play any rap or country music. They guy obviously has no culture.

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 07:01 am
New day--new lyrics

This ain't no temporary, typical, tearful good-bye, uh uh uh
This ain't no breakin' up and wakin' up and makin' up one more time, uh uh uh
This is gone (gone) gone (gone) gone (gone) gone

Gone like a freight-train, gone like yesterday
Gone like a soldier in the civil war, bang bang
Gone like a '59 Cadillac
Like all the good things that ain't never coming back
She's gone (gone) gone (gone) gone (gone) gone, she's gone

now this irks me...I wanted to pull up the lyrics to the great song GONE & I get all of this mess....I can't even put the rap lyrics on here that came up....
just goes to show --the whole world rotates around another age group....I feel pushed out .....well just wait til election -cause we VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

seenitB4 07/17/12 - 07:40 am
Good am Sean

When will sm be on the radio.....he knows us so well....better than anyone....the good the bad & the ugly about us!

I'm leaving now---giving up the spotlight on here.....for awhile.....jump in & post away!
seeya

Jane18
Jane18 07/17/12 - 07:46 am
Ferlin Huskey

You are right, seenit, Ferlin was very handsome. I hate to say it, but, the men, get it,Men, back around the 60's were sooooooooo goodlooking. Talk about being real men!! Even though Merle Haggard was bad guy at times, I think he was just about the handsomest man I had ever seen back then. I know one thing, George Clooney can't hold a candle to the generation before ..........................

Fort Gordon transitions to fuel-efficient vehicles

Fort Gordon has exceeded a 2009 executive order that requires a 2 percent annual reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and a 30 percent decrease in petroleum-based vehicles in federal fleets by ...