Rants & Raves

RANT AGAINST ALL the people complaining about all the cyclists on Highway 121. I was on the way to the lake and I slowed down and wished every one of them good luck. When I left, there was a wheelchair biker crossing the dam. I immediately slowed down, stayed a reasonable distance and followed him all the way across the dam. I stopped and told him what I had done and wished him luck. Rants to the three cars that passed me on a double line before we got to the dam. Once again, I welcome all the cyclists.

RANT TO ALL women who text and talk to married men. The wife will find out and come after you. You can take that to the bank.

WITH ALL THE NEEDS for roads in Augusta, it is insane to spend $22 million of taxpayer money to move Berckmans Road.

A QUIET CAT IS very nice in a neighborhood compared to the kids who are skateboard riding and riding bicycles in the middle of the street and yelling like banshees. A cat doesn’t do anything. They even cover their own poop when they go to the bathroom.

BARROW PRETENDS to be conservative, but don’t believe it.

THE SUPREME COURT just ruled that Obama­care is not constitutional but it is constitutional. Can things get more confusing? The Bible says “God is not the author of confusion,” therefore saying that Satan is. Who is running today’s federal government? It ain’t God.

EVEN IF Rep. John Barrow did “desert” Eric Holder, he deserted to save his own skin; thus Barrow did it for the wrong – and a very selfish – reason.

BOTH CONGRESS AND Obama have worked hard to deny us freedom. Now, with their confusing decision on Obamacare, the Supreme Court has joined in with the other two bunches of bums. What would Sam Adams do?

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 07/09/12 - 09:33 pm
Rant #2 .... Bawhaha ...

Rant #2 .... Bawhaha ... ain't it the truth!

Last Ranter ... "What would Sam Adams do?" ... MAKE BEER! Haha ... couldn't resist that one.

allhans
allhans 07/10/12 - 01:31 am
Rant 2 How about the married

Rant 2 How about the married men talking to the women, do they get a pass?

tanbaby
tanbaby 07/10/12 - 04:08 am
ranter #2 makes it sound like

ranter #2 makes it sound like these texts are all one-sided...there had to be an invitation and/or phone number given out to begin with.....

Trouble
Trouble 07/10/12 - 05:51 am
morning all

rant 2, im thinking it is your husband you need to be looking at, he is the one who gave her his number, you really think he told her he was married when he gave her his number and asked her to text him???

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/10/12 - 06:08 am
Married talking/texting

I am not married but am in a very committed relationship. I happen to talk and text to many married women. Some of them lifelong friends. It's not the act of talking or texting that causes problems. It's the actions resulting. If two adult friends of the opposites just want to keep up with each other, whats the problem? So sorry if no one finds you interesting to talk to.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 07/10/12 - 06:46 am
Sorry but Obamacare was ruled

Sorry but Obamacare was ruled constitutional. As for who is running the federal government?? The federal government (inspired by Super PACS). God has nothing to do with running the government- if you want that, then perhaps you need to go to Iran or Saudi Arabia.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/10/12 - 07:56 am
Good morning AC Posters and

Good morning AC Posters and others! Good news CobaltGeorge's Brother-in-law is "out of the woods," so to speak. He is going to survive, but the rehab will likely take longer than a year. My Brother George says to thank everyone for the prayers and good thoughts, and that he will be back with us on Friday, ready to rip up liberalism, with a vengence. Stay safe and welcome home, Brother!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/10/12 - 08:21 am
Morning Again

Good news Sa.rge. I must add that I got an email from a married lady sent about 3 AM this morning. You know what, I showed it to my girlfriend/companion/significant other or whatever the PC phrase of the week is. Here is the kicker... ready for it... we have all had lunch together more than once. Now get you minds out of the gutter. We were just all adults enjoying each others company.... And thats just one of my lady friends.

Good morning T, SB, Sarge, RM, CG, RM... notice a mix of both sexes. And I can't forget WB, sorry hun.

Trouble
Trouble 07/10/12 - 08:23 am
rk

one day we will have to meet for lunch or something, i would love to meet this girlfriend/companion/whatever it is you are choosing to call her one day..

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/10/12 - 08:30 am
Hey, Sarge, RK, Trouble

Good news about CG. Yeah, about that 3 AM mail from a married lady, I bet she is little ill today. Same one I bet?

But that ranter sounds like a jealous spouse. I bet she would be hard to live with.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/10/12 - 08:34 am
RM, most likely. In fact I

RM, most likely. In fact I would put the odds at 100:1 or so.

harley_52
harley_52 07/10/12 - 09:10 am
Great news about CG's

Great news about CG's brother-in-law. Thanks for the update Sargebaby.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 07/10/12 - 09:34 am
Ranter 2. It is the content,

Ranter 2. It is the content, the frequency and the motivation behind the contact that is important. All contact isn't evil, but some certainly is. Don't look to the women, look to your husband. I agree with you about the boldness and neediness of women today, but keep in mind, they won't keep it up without a payday. Talk to your husband without accusing him unjustly and let him know you don't feel respected by the behavior.
God bless you.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 07/10/12 - 09:40 am
Goodbye!

To those of you that can see this. After a little emailing back and forth with Sean I have decided this is not the place I want to be any longer. Apparently I am a horrible poster who violates the rules so much (I guess I was on double secret probation) I have to have a secret agreement with Sean to remain. I refuse. To those I have argued with I wish you as many well wishes as I would to those I agreed with. Take care and enjoy this place while it lasts. Iwannakno.

Jane18
Jane18 07/10/12 - 09:55 am
Absence of Cobalt George

Thank you Sargebaby. I have been gone for the last week and a half, and just got on the 'puter yesterday. I missed seeing and reading
Georges's comments and wondered about him. Again, thank you for reporting on him.............................(he's a good guy!!)

Jake
Jake 07/10/12 - 11:05 am
#4, Cats

I would rather listen to kids playing and having fun than to have a cat in my yard crapping and stalking birds.
Glad things are going well for CG's family.
I haven't seen you here lately harley, I hope you are doing well.

Tots
Tots 07/10/12 - 11:30 am
#4-Cats,

I agree Jake.... I like seeing the little kids playing outside running after each other laughing ...It's been so hot lately that many parents around here are taking turns having each others kids over to play in some type of water ...Last week across the street they set up some big-A- water slides...Man those kids were yelling/laughing for about three days..Then it was pools put up a few doors down,you know those cheap little ones ..But i could hear the kids having fun...One day they were in another persons yard running through some type of flower looking thing that would shoot water at them...That thing was so cool i think i'm going to go get one for the G-baby....The sound of kids laughing and having (Fun) outside is way better than the sound of bullets and fear that so many kids have to hear....

Fun not run correction made at 11:30am...LOL!!

Tots
Tots 07/10/12 - 11:26 am
Jake,

Glad to see your Ok and posting today...But where is Seenit?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/10/12 - 11:38 am
For my Brother George, "Thank

For my Brother George, "Thank you all so very much!" Now....more good news; My Sister-in-law is coming home next week, to finish her recovery from a massive stroke she had back on April 19th. She still doesn't talk very well, but my Brother has a speech therapist coming in on regular basis to help with her complete recovery. Together with the good news about George's Brother-in-law, this is nothing short of a miracle from Almighty God. We are blessed and more than thankful!

happychimer
happychimer 07/10/12 - 11:33 am
I have a married male friend

I have a married male friend I have known since 1st grade. We keep in touch by email almost daily.I often share those emails with my husband. We saw my friend in 1996 at a class reunion, and again at another reunion this past April. There has never been any hanky panky going on between us. He is just a friend, and my husband does not feel threatened one little bit.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 07/10/12 - 12:09 pm
Good for you happychimer. But

Good for you happychimer. But we must also remember that because we experienced something one way, doesn't mean others have experienced it the same way.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/10/12 - 12:27 pm
My sex tape was found

ok yall....

My sex tape was found & played on cnn
a burglar fell through my ceiling
my car was rammed by exlover
a man was in my house nosing around
....naaahhh

I have been stung by bees' & GOB gave me his cold.....
I have had 3 hours of sleep.......& going back to bed..

now didn't yall like the top list the best!!

Trouble
Trouble 07/10/12 - 12:50 pm
seenit

i want to go back to bed too, but SOMEONE wont let me, men are such big hairy meanie heads....

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/10/12 - 12:51 pm
Sleep

I hope the day seems better for you when you wake up from your nap, SB4.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/10/12 - 12:51 pm
Note to all

She is in bed!!!

Trouble
Trouble 07/10/12 - 12:53 pm
who

who is in bed rk? and when do i get to meet her?

happychimer
happychimer 07/10/12 - 01:44 pm
Willow, my husband and I are

Willow, my husband and I are both people persons. My husband will strike up a conversation with anybody no matter where he is. That is just the way he is. We we at a library in another county, and he went to the car to get something for me. After about 10 minutes I went to see if he was ok. he was outside talking to a woman. He was talking about genealogy. The woman apologized to me, and I told her I am not worried, because he talks to everybody.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 07/10/12 - 03:19 pm
happy, from what I know of

happy, from what I know of you, you are friendly, easy going and a lady. I am happy for you that you feel evenly matched with your spouse and share a relationship of trust and respect.

However, there are more spouses cheating on each other than ever, courtesy of high tech. No longer does a woman or man have to call your home number and ask to speak to "Harry or Sally", she/he can call, text, facebook, twitter, message, email or fax completely under the radar. No accountability whatsoever, leads those with character flaws into positions that they are ill equipped to handle.

Retirement is different than being in a business or social environment. People are looking to get their needs met, many times in a wrong way. It's very helpful in every marriage or relationship to be able to discuss what is acceptable and what isn't and the way it would be addressed. I can speak from my own experience and those that I have supported in women's groups for many years. In order for relationships to last, they must be respected, nurtured and appropriate boundaries set.

happychimer
happychimer 07/10/12 - 03:47 pm
Thanks for the compliment

Thanks for the compliment Willow.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/10/12 - 04:35 pm
Yes they are Trouble

Men can be big hairy meanie heads at times...but I guess we can too..:):)

Thank ya Llamb.....I had a nice nap.....now if I could get rid of these stinging bites......