Rants & Raves

I’M CONCERNED ABOUT the situation of the VA telephones. If they are not going to answer the phones, why don’t they cut the system out? Hooray for the man who put the rant in the paper!

RAVE TO AUGUSTA PROPERTY tax assessor for reviewing all of the exempt non-profit charity and church properties. Next they should start on those claiming homestead exemptions that do not live at the property. It’s obvious that many of the tax bills are being mailed to home addresses other than the one they are claiming. I have a preacher neighbor unlawfully claiming a homestead exemption.

RANT TO THE U.S. government. I don’t understand why the U.S. Postal Service is cutting anything! They are just as important as the military!

A FEW DAYS AGO I found a hand-addressed letter on my front porch. It told me that after 6 ½ years of declining health, our “Newspaper Man” was not well enough to continue working. Those of us on his paper route have lost a dedicated, committed and always on-time paper delivery man. God bless you, Willie Pringle.

RAVES TO EDITORIAL cartoonists, Obama cartoons are terrific. Get over it; he has big ears, so what. The only suggestion I would make is to draw a Pinocchio-type nose since he lies so much. Big change a-comin’ in November in order to save the Republic!

PLEASE STOP ONLY printing comments from Northerners. It is clear this is just a Northern plot to make Southerners look stupid. Also, I agree with the comment about newswomen attire, we need to adopt the rules of Saudi Arabia.

MAYBE SOMEONE WILL invent a cell phone that is also a hip flask. Then these idiots can drive distracted and drunk.

SEEMS THERE ARE some who are very offended by cartoons depicting Obama and feel this is disrespectful to the president. First, I think the cartoons are great plus they give me something to laugh about. Especially those ears! Secondly, I respect the office of the presidency but have zero respect for the one who holds that position.

TO THE PERSON complaining about foul language at Applebee’s on Peach Orchard. What do you expect, it’s Peach Orchard.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 07/09/12 - 09:10 am
Good morning fellow "Poop"

Good morning fellow "Poop" starters! And all the others.

What a busy weekend! Car rammers, shootings (multiple), murder in Hephzibah, and all that other stuff. Makes me glad that I just quietly sit around and never bother anyone or say anything ... oh wait ... that's not me is it? haha

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/09/12 - 02:53 pm
A late good morning all

Especially T, SB, SG, RM?, WB. and thr rest of the alphabet.

About the VA facilities... At one point I had nothing but praise for them, until this weekend. I developed such pain in my right shoulder I could not move it. I called to make an appoint with my "primary care provider". They were able to schedule an appointment for 20 August. Problem was that I was in such pain I would not be able to work. I was also told that if it was an emergency to go to the emergency room. I don't know about I consider not being able to move an arm an emergency. Guess what I was told by the ER? We don't do diagnosis here, you need to see your primary care provider. HUH!?!?!?! What part of I can't move my arm don't you understand? Not to mention I couldn't sleep because of the pain.

Now raves to University Medical Center. I was seen by one of there ER physicians who did diagnose my problem, prescribe medication, and provide give me a consult to a orthopedic specialist. I can't say that I am back to 100% now, but I am able to sleep and can actually move my arm again.

Now to contrast the two. VA equals government health care. Obamacare in it's infancy.

University equals my private insurance. Which one had you rather have?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/09/12 - 09:32 am
"Riverman and Seen It You

"Riverman and Seen It

You two had the floor this morning - 20 out of 21 comments shared by you two - now let someone else have a say so...."

What is it about an "OPEN FORUM" that you do not understand? As long as they play by the rules, they can post one after the other! Besides, I get most of my morning humor from my Friends, Riverman1 and SeenitB4! The world needs more humor...do you have any?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/09/12 - 09:35 am
Hi ya, RK, J.W. here...how's

Hi ya, RK, J.W. here...how's it going, Brother? Where in the world are ya?
Hopefully, one of these days when it's cooler, we can gather the rest of the "alphabet" and spend some time hoopin and hollerin!

pep607
pep607 07/09/12 - 10:04 am
Someone thinks the post office is as important as the military.

Yes, I had to fold up the paper this AM after this one. I am busy "seeing" all those postal union workers going to battle in the event of attack. When Ben Franklin designed a postal system, I bet he had no idea they were going to be our first line of defense. But wait, they would have to give up the union supported wages, and live on Army pay. You can have all my junk mail. It never gets past my garage anyway. Especially in a political season. If necessary bring it once a week, but please let the military defend me!!

Tots
Tots 07/09/12 - 10:34 am
RAVE TO AUGUSTA PROPERTY ,

I have a preacher neighbor unlawfully claiming a homestead exemption.

Tots says- I've got one of those too..He got married right after his wife died,then moved out..The kids live there and you can see the meth heads going in and out at all hours.... The cops have been called to his home a few times,but funny thing is NOTHING changes...

P.S.GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/09/12 - 10:55 am
Thanks Sarge

Hey, I guess someone thought I was serious when I said I had been banned three times for life by the Chronicle although I can't imagine why. That was a joke...obviously.

allhans
allhans 07/09/12 - 12:26 pm
seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/12 - 01:04 pm
Great idea for AC

Why not take away that popup car add & put YOUR ad for Sheriff on there instead...I mean why not----you have blasted him all over these pages day/day after day...It could be a flashing ad with sirens going off--whistles & lights....you know make it special.....colorful-sparkles the whole enchilada....use some flags in the background for special effects......maybe have a fire truck & police car siren going off too......
man .....GO ALL THE WAY FOR YO MAN!!

Cause we are for our man!!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/09/12 - 01:25 pm
Most of y'all missed this

We have our very own native son headed to the Olympics!!! I don't know George as a friend, but he trains at the gym I go to. He is a great guy and has been working his tail off to make it. I talked to him this morning and he heads out Saturday for a couple of other stops in Europe before hitting London for the big dance. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers for safe travels and success!!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/09/12 - 01:30 pm
^5, Dittos, 10-4, and all

^5, Dittos, 10-4, and all that to Roadkill's 10:24. Spot on analogy!!

David Parker
David Parker 07/09/12 - 02:08 pm
I go on vacation and come

I go on vacation and come back a week later and still seeing this cussing at Applebee's thing? InChrist asked why isn't there cussing and carrying on at Hibachi, Sconyers, and Veracruz? Hibachi and Sconyer don't serve beer and Veracruz customer's may be cussing and you just don't know it. Si?

These are guesses and in no way reflect that I have anything intellectual to offer to the rants and raves section.

But I will get serious with my wishing of good luck to our local Olympian. Go get some!!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/09/12 - 03:02 pm
Apologizes to UMC

In my previous post I inadvertently said rants to UMC. I sincerely meant raves. Necessary changes have been made. Especially Laura Garnett, NP. She seem more knowledgeable that the so called Doctor I saw at the VA.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/12 - 03:12 pm
RKill

Glad you posted on here today....your fan club has been worried about ya! Me too!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/12 - 03:45 pm
Still killing women

We have been there for how many years now???

We killed women at the stake in the 1600s.....witches remember....and the people cheered ......the article says for adultery......

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/09/12 - 04:09 pm
Today

The Columbia County Magistrate told the young woman whose house was walked in by the Code Enforcement man that it wasn't a criminal matter. He told her it's a civil matter. She has an attorney to pursue the civil suit against the man and county.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/09/12 - 04:28 pm
Jimmy Vowell Fired Minutes Ago

The Columbia County Code Enforcement Officer, Jimmy Vowell, was fired minutes ago!!! They informed the young lady of their actions.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/09/12 - 05:25 pm
David Parker, you must not

David Parker, you must not have been to Sconyers lately.....they do serve beer. You may be correct about Veracruz but if they are cursing in Spanish then I wouldn't understand it anyway so guess it wouldn't offend me. Hope you had a nice vacation!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/12 - 05:40 pm
Thanks sarge

he said...

Yep the world needs us sarge...heh...RM has his fan club on here just like RKill does...mostly women fans (I think)

Trouble
Trouble 07/09/12 - 05:55 pm
evening all

hope you have all had a good day

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/12 - 06:17 pm
Hi T

I have had a so so day.....I can't get as much done as I could a few years ago....it seems I have slowed down.......my mind thinks I'm still young .....but my body disagrees....

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/12 - 06:25 pm

Ex-SC Gov. Edwards dies

CHARLESTON, S.C. - James B. Edwards, South Carolina's first Republican governor since Reconstruction and later energy secretary for two years in the Reagan administration, has died.