Rants & Raves

BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN about the controlled burns at Fort Gordon or anywhere else, look at what’s happening in Colorado, Arizona and California. Environmentalists won’t allow controlled burns in the Western states, so when fires break out, they go wild.

RANTS TO THE so-called worship centers on every street corner -- they are all scams and need to be shut down.

A LETTER WRITER WANTS a water park at the taxpayer-funded Diamond Lakes Park. Let that writer pay for his own entertainment. All governments are broke. Water parks can cost a fortune.

WHAT IS HAPPENING with courts, cops and judges when somebody like Eva Smith can run criminal scams for two years, be arrested six times and yet she’s still out of jail? Government at all levels is falling to pieces.

OBAMA IS AGAIN talking about his “vision.” Any time a politician talks about “vision,” he’s floating around in space trying to make himself more powerful, and to heck with freedom.

BIG RAVE FOR Marshal Roach and Richmond County Officer Bunch who were wonderful when my daughter was involved in an accident in front of Surrey Center! We need more like them.

WRIGHT MCLEOD IS the best choice. I would think that after everything we’ve seen lately in this national political circus, people would learn to look at a candidate’s experience and dedication to our country’s ideals.

HOW COULD HISPANICS (especially illegal Hispanics) in America not be furious about the number of Mexicans who have been murdered by the drug cartels using weapons provided by the botched Fast and Furious operation?

FOR THE PERSON HAVING trouble with the VA. I have been working through the system for six months now with pain in my arm, so be prepared to wait.

IF I WAS Joe Neal, I would not enter a new plea since he got away with just a “slap on the wrist” the first time around. A new plea could open up all of the previous charges again.

WHY IS THE CITY allowing $6,000 of our money to be used to remove a houseboat and another sunken vessel from the city’s riverfront?

Jake
Jake 07/07/12 - 10:31 pm
Houseboats

Not only are the abandoned houseboats an eyesore, they are pollutants which harm the river. Clean them out of the river ecosystem and the river will be better for it.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 07/08/12 - 12:20 am
True - Jake

But why can't the owner/s pay for it?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/08/12 - 07:08 am
Water Parks

I think a water park would be a great idea for South Augusta....we keep complaining about kids causing trouble ...why not give them a cooling spot & fun place to use some of that extra energy......with parents taking turns to oversee it....

Good am honeybees-butterflys-dogs of all kind-anyone running for any office in the CSRA....posters--readers-gooduns-badems..

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/08/12 - 07:12 am
Thumpers

Let me start out getting the thumpers mad this am....yeehaw!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/08/12 - 07:39 am
Thin line between love & hate

When I read the articles on here I realize how thin that line really is.....& science says yes it is true......

No dang wonder I had that urge to run over someone with a 18 wheeler
luckily I didn't have the 18 wheeler.....:)

texsmoke
texsmoke 07/08/12 - 08:08 am
AHA!!! THE OWNER

I bet no one EVER thought of that...oh wait....they already went down that avenue and there is no paperwork and an argument over who the true owner is. It would cost more to take it to court to decide than to just clear the dang thing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/08/12 - 08:30 am
All right sleepyheads

Yall are making me put this on here.....I can't play all day ...I have squash to cook & t bones to grill....

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/08/12 - 09:41 am
T-shirts

We should sell T-shirts in the stores downtown. On the back it says, "I Survived The First Friday Shootout." On the front is says, "Choot um." Proceeds to help store owners with bullet holes in their windows.

texsmoke
texsmoke 07/08/12 - 09:58 am
Good Idea

I like that Riverman1 Vegas shops did something similar. Anyone who has walked the Vegas strip knows what the "flippies" are. Mexicans in neon t-shirts that have 1-800-"something about girls to your room" and they pass out business cards with naked girls and phone numbers on them. Can't get rid of them so they started selling shirts just like theirs in all the shops. I bought one at New York New York.

dichotomy
dichotomy 07/08/12 - 10:13 am
I've got an idea. Pull the

I've got an idea. Pull the boats out of the river. Dry them out and slap a coat of paint on them and use them for landscaping around a taxpayer funded water park at Diamond Lakes. We could let Riverfront LLC spec it out, pay them to run it, and give them the best parking places. Then we could buy some CNG powered buses, give them to the usual suspect non-profits to transport kids from under privileged areas to the water park, and require them to buy the fuel from Mark Johnson's taxpayer/garbage fee funded methane production facility. Now there is a plan that should make everyone from the Riverkeepers to all of the usual suspects who operate on taxpayer money happy.

Meanwhile, Old Waynesboro Rd is coming apart in chunks. Potholes are bursting out daily. Yesterday I was hit by a chunk of asphalt thrown by a passing car while I was getting mail out of my mailbox.

I would just take my motorhome and get away from here for a little vacation but I am afraid to drive my motorhome across my driveway culvert. A month ago the county mower hit the exposed portion of my culvert pipe and broke a large chunk out of it and cracked the culvert. The pipe was exposed by erosion caused by the water plant next door repeatedly dumping hundreds of thousands of gallons of water into the ditch when they flush their storage tank. When the water plant dumps their tank the water not only comes through the culvert pipe but also comes out around the outside of the sides and bottom of the pipe and swirls in the too small of a ditch and washes away the dirt around the ends of the piple. The county told me a month ago that they would "take care of it". Ain't seen nor heard from them since.

Yeh, use my tax money to build a water park at Diamond Lakes.......AFTER you take care of my road and my driveway culvert and the problems all of the other property owners like me, "south of Spirit Creek", who have potholed roads and other county caused problems that affect their "Residential" property.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/08/12 - 10:26 am
Dichotomy Describes a Disintegrating County

Dichotomy, I've followed your trial and tribulations in Richmond County. It's not easy to be around after the apocalypse.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/08/12 - 11:37 am
Good morning AC Posters and

Good morning AC Posters and "others." I haven't had time to form any opinions as of yet, however, I agree with the first three comments by Jake, TrulyWorried, and SB4, totally! I also recall some years ago, someone did some salvage exploration near the bridges of Augusta and found all kinds of pollutants and other environmentally harmful junk that had been intentionally dumped. Maybe it's time to install some of those traffic cameras on bridges, on each side of the river.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/08/12 - 11:38 am
Question, SB4, who are the

Question, SB4, who are the "thumpers" your refer to?

Bobbie 920
Bobbie 920 07/08/12 - 11:44 am
Choot um

Riverman1, I love the t-shirt idea, I'm still laughing!!!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/08/12 - 11:49 am
Ranter #1, the controlled

Ranter #1, the controlled burning on Fort Gordon serves several purposes. For answers, dial Fort Gordon Information and ask for “Range control.” They may be able to help you gain some knowledge.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/08/12 - 11:53 am
Ranter #2 - Read the 1st

Ranter #2 - Read the 1st Amendment to our American Constitution. The American Constitution is just full of useful information! Study and learn!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/08/12 - 12:01 pm
Ranter #7 - I would imagine

Ranter #7 - I would imagine that Mexicans are more fearful of the deadly cartels than most everyone else. Their problem is that they do not have resources to combat the problem. Sadly, many of the Mexican Government police and Military forces are also members of the cartels. Unfortunately, the cartels are like cancer cells. They grow without knowledge until they fester up. Then, decent people may be able to do something to stop the carnage.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/08/12 - 12:04 pm
sarge

The thumpers are the tsd that like to push thumbs down on EVERY post....even the good am posts..
Thanks for the updates on Cgee.....keep us posted & let him know we are thinking about him...in fact I have been dreaming about him some...but I'll tell him about that!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/08/12 - 12:06 pm
Ranter #8 - Apparently, your

Ranter #8 - Apparently, your "painful arm" does not meet the necessity of immediate treatment. It's a well known fact that ailments are treated by the nature of their severity. Hopefully your problem is not that severe, however if it turns out to be serious, it will be taken care of!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/08/12 - 12:09 pm
I sure will, SB4! CG sounded

I sure will, SB4! CG sounded positive yesterday. Hope it's the same today, but someone in the condition that his Brother-in-law is in could change hour to hour!

Thanks for the "thumper" explanation! I should have more faith in you, as I know better. Some folks call us Christians "thumpers" of the Bible nature! Love to ya, Hon!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/08/12 - 12:23 pm
Sarge, only the radical, "in

Sarge, only the radical, "in your face" Christians get the label "thumper".

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/08/12 - 12:27 pm
anotherday

AMEN to that!

rwarmy
rwarmy 07/08/12 - 12:33 pm
VA Lack of Respect/Service

Support service employees at the Augusta VA Hospital, both Uptown and Downtown, need extensive retraining when responding to both telephonic requests or when greeting people. Unfortunately, many are totally lacking in their respect or ability to properly respond to our requests for service.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/08/12 - 12:43 pm
AJC

I have a big paper to read.....seeya later

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/08/12 - 02:52 pm
VA Lack of Respect/Service new

In most cases, you get what you receive! My personal policy is to always "kill em with kindness," no matter how rude, inefficent, or inattentive they may be. Attitude is everything! If you charge in like a lion on the attack, expect to be met with the same attitude!

KSL
KSL 07/08/12 - 08:16 pm
Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/08/12 - 08:25 pm
For SB4....I see what you

For SB4....I see what you mean about "thumpers!" All I have to say about them....they must be miserable people!