Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A VERY SAD commentary on our collapsing society is your story of women having kids before being married. Alas, this will eventually sink us deeper. One of the women says she couldn’t find “father material.” Then she chose a guy to father her kids via sperm donation. Doesn’t she know she still chose that guy to be the father?

I HOPE THE PERSON who tried to race the train has insurance to pay for his own stupid results.

(ZIMMERMAN) IS NOT innocent. He and his wife lied about the large sum of money. And who’s to say he didn’t lie about how his head was hurt?

YET MORE ACCIDENTS from people who drive when they shouldn’t. People need to start realizing that their vehicles can be weapons of destruction.

ANOTHER RUNDOWN house to consider on your list: The two-story structure at Heath Street and Wrightsboro Road, just down from the VA. Not only was it burned by two fires, but people also are vandalizing it by throwing stuff to break the remaining windows. An eyesore and a hazard.

WHILE ON THE Greeneway heading toward the River Golf Clubhouse with my marathon training group, I was practically run over by four adults and two kids on bikes. The rules of the track are when riding a bike you are to yell at the walkers/runners you are approaching, “Bike on your left.” When you do this, it alerts those runners/walkers that you are approaching and to make sure you as the runner/walker (stay) on the right side of the track.

NORTH AUGUSTA PUBLIC Safety, please enforce the boat trailer-only parking at the Riverview boat ramp. The sandbar visitors are taking up boat trailer parking, the intended purpose of the ramp.

HOW DOES THE PAPER find reporters and photographers who can stomach covering the Augusta “pride” parade?

TIME AND TIME AGAIN you read in the Rants & Raves about speeders and red-light runners. My question is, when are they going to take down all traffic signs because they don’t get enforced and people don’t care about them?

AMEN TO THE RANT about the Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The answering machine asks you to leave your Social Security and name and number and they will return your call, but they never return your call.

iLove
iLove 07/06/12 - 01:56 pm
BUT ALSO, WE MUST..

Luke 6:36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/06/12 - 04:05 pm
Matthew 7:1 King James

Matthew 7:1
King James Version (KJV)

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 07/06/12 - 04:35 pm
Pride Parade

I went down during the parade and the aftermath; no one tried to drag me in an alley and convert me. Not pretty enough, maybe?

The food was good, and there were no drunks fighting or swearing. I saw nothing worse than the several Mardi Gras celebrations I've been to, and, for the record, I didn't see any school-sponsored "dance" teams of pre-pubescent girls basically dry-humping down Broad Street as I have with "straight" parades.

(If you live here, you know what I'm writing about.)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 04:49 pm
Pretty

oh you are pretty enough stewart...I've seen you....just not their type...:)

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 07/06/12 - 05:03 pm
Afternoon Sargebaby. And yes

Afternoon Sargebaby. And yes sir you can have a smoothie and I'll have something coffee oriented when the new McDonald's opens.

I swear I got popped so many times this morning that every time the email ringtone goes off on my phone I think it is Sean coming to get me! lol ... Twice today I grabbed my phone thinking "Man, what did I do now?" But it wasn't him. Haha ... I'm gonna have to find a way to give that man his very own ringtone alert on my email. :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 05:11 pm
Heh heh

Oh you will learn how to please him....takes a while..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 05:22 pm
Sexy man sexy song

I love to hear this sexy man sing.....now I have to get busy here since I've played all day..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 05:39 pm
words in my mind today

Why, lady, why, can't I leave you alone?
I try, lady, try, but the feeling's too strong.
You stay on my mind. Feel just like a fool.
Why, lady, why, can't I get over you?

Why, lady, why? It was easy before.
I try, lady, try, but it ain't easy no more.
To be on my way would be the best thing to do.
Why, lady, why, can't I get over you?

Why, lady, why, can't I leave you alone?
I try, lady, try, but the feeling's too strong.
To be on my way would be the best thing to do.
Why, lady, why, can't I get over you?

did you ever have a song in your mind & it won't go away......well this is mine today.......change the lady to baby....

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 07/06/12 - 05:46 pm
Everytime, or so it seems,

Everytime, or so it seems, the media broadcasts we have the least expensive gas in the southeast, the next day it goes up 10-15 cents per gallon. Just hush about it already and stop giving these folks ideas!

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 07/06/12 - 05:49 pm
Rant 7, I agree! Most of the

Rant 7, I agree! Most of the trailer only parking slots are taken up by vehicles with no trailers. Not sure if they are at the sandbar or not but definately illegally parked.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 06:13 pm
KSM

I just want to tell you....when I read your facebook link it made tears come to my eyes...my feelings exactly....what I miss in my home place in south Augusta.....I understand & would give anything to go back & enjoy it the way it was...somehow I feel enough of us can & will make a difference...one day.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 07/06/12 - 06:46 pm
Thank you SeenIt. What hurts

Thank you SeenIt. What hurts the most is my parents (my dad was a general contractor & like I said before my mom is German & a super clean freak/perfectionist) kept our house immaculate & very well maintained. And to see it in such disrepair was unbelievable. Then you add to that fact that my dad DIED in that house after a year long battle with lung cancer. My entire life was spent in & around that house & neighborhood. Very few of my friends parents still live there. When my two oldest kids were young we didn't go trick or treating where I lived; we went to where I KNEW EVERYONE. Where I trusted people & got to see old friends & their family. It really makes me angry that good people basically got run off. Really sad.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 07/06/12 - 06:53 pm
iLove & Soapy

BTW ... do iLove & Soapy know that no one can see any of their posts? Just asking because it took me a minute when I was blocked before until I realized that I was basically talking to myself ... so to speak.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 07/06/12 - 06:55 pm
Omg ... I could be talking to

Omg ... I could be talking to myself now! Someone hurry & tell me whether you see me or not! Lol ... :)

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/06/12 - 07:30 pm
You're not alone, Karen, and

You're not alone, Karen, and yes, I can see you! I'm looking forward to the meet and greet at the new Mickey D's. I don't stay on the computer very long, unless I'm listening to music like right now. I'm listening to an Enya CD called the Memory of Trees. Great music!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/06/12 - 07:40 pm
My chariot is going to change

My chariot is going to change to a pumpkin in about 45 minutes. Precious will be chasing me out of her domain and banish me to my quarters. Right now, I'm still listening to Enya!

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 07/06/12 - 08:13 pm
Sarge you need a smartphone.

Sarge you need a smartphone. I can read on Kindle, text, be on the AC or whatever online, listen to music via Pandora, play solitaire or mahjong ... the list is endless. I do love my laptop but I'd be lost without my phone. How would I ever know that Sean was emailing me "love notes" without my email alert ringtone on my phone? Hahaha