Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A VERY SAD commentary on our collapsing society is your story of women having kids before being married. Alas, this will eventually sink us deeper. One of the women says she couldn’t find “father material.” Then she chose a guy to father her kids via sperm donation. Doesn’t she know she still chose that guy to be the father?

I HOPE THE PERSON who tried to race the train has insurance to pay for his own stupid results.

(ZIMMERMAN) IS NOT innocent. He and his wife lied about the large sum of money. And who’s to say he didn’t lie about how his head was hurt?

YET MORE ACCIDENTS from people who drive when they shouldn’t. People need to start realizing that their vehicles can be weapons of destruction.

ANOTHER RUNDOWN house to consider on your list: The two-story structure at Heath Street and Wrightsboro Road, just down from the VA. Not only was it burned by two fires, but people also are vandalizing it by throwing stuff to break the remaining windows. An eyesore and a hazard.

WHILE ON THE Greeneway heading toward the River Golf Clubhouse with my marathon training group, I was practically run over by four adults and two kids on bikes. The rules of the track are when riding a bike you are to yell at the walkers/runners you are approaching, “Bike on your left.” When you do this, it alerts those runners/walkers that you are approaching and to make sure you as the runner/walker (stay) on the right side of the track.

NORTH AUGUSTA PUBLIC Safety, please enforce the boat trailer-only parking at the Riverview boat ramp. The sandbar visitors are taking up boat trailer parking, the intended purpose of the ramp.

HOW DOES THE PAPER find reporters and photographers who can stomach covering the Augusta “pride” parade?

TIME AND TIME AGAIN you read in the Rants & Raves about speeders and red-light runners. My question is, when are they going to take down all traffic signs because they don’t get enforced and people don’t care about them?

AMEN TO THE RANT about the Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The answering machine asks you to leave your Social Security and name and number and they will return your call, but they never return your call.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 07/05/12 - 08:43 pm
Greeneway biker/walker etiquette....

As anywhere else, some people obey the rules on the Greeneway, some don't, so everyone has to be vigilant or someone or more get hurt. I walk there, staying to the right side at all times and there are still bikers coming from the opposite direction and don't stay on their side, they are sometimes two or three abreast across the whole path, and sometimes come up behind me without an alert. I am therefore, quite relieved and thankful for those that DO go by the rules.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 07/05/12 - 08:49 pm
Fireworks.

There was absolutely no clue the majority of fireworks are illegal (except for professional displays) in my neighborhood this week. The evening of July 3rd it sounded like a war zone here. I was busy, so I didn't watch it, but I could hear it and feel it, the house was shaking. There was no way local law enforcement could address it; it was coming from all around us, in blatant disregard for the law, personal safety and commonsense. I am thankful there were no more fires than there were or emergency calls for burn victims. If some of these parents knew those hand held sparklers can get up to 2000 degrees I wonder if they would still let their children play with them?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/05/12 - 11:03 pm
#1. Spot on! An increasing

#1. Spot on! An increasing number of our society are behaving like lower animals; breeding for the sake of procreation.
#3. So, where do you suppose the injuries came from?
#4. Your point is just further evidence of our dumbing down. It is "somebody else's fault", and juries to government support it.
#5. Sounds typical for the local gumment we've come to know and love to ignore it.
#6. Preach on! Around here; pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists have a LOT to learn about sharing the roads and byways. For every rude cyclist, there are walkers spread out across the entire thoroughfare who act infringed upon when someone on a bike needs to pass. Likewise, there are cyclists who don't give way to pedestrians. (who, btw, have the right of way in most cases)

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 07/06/12 - 03:53 am
I'm sorry, but there is just

I'm sorry, but there is just no way that I would ever leave my social security number on an answering machine! How stupid is that? All around us, they talk about identity theft, and this is out there for our veterans who are needing help? Please don't do it.
As far as George Zimmerman, I believe he did make a mistake about the information regarding his bail, but it shows you quite clearly how weak the case is against him. The focus is on the money now, not so much about what occurred that night. And what about the misleading information given the public about this kid? All the pictures being shown are when he was a child...not an young adult. And what about the drugs that were found in his system with the autopsy? Haven't heard much of nothing about that either. Oh, well. We'll see how the justice system plays it out. I just hope that justice stands for the real truth and not "just us"!

crackerjack
crackerjack 07/06/12 - 04:46 am
Zimmerman

I'm sure the Reverends Al and Jesse will get it all straight for Zimmermans public hanging, for killing that fine upstanding pillar of the community. After all the Rev. was ready to hang the Duke LaCrosse Players and the perps in the Tawana Brawley lie.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 06:11 am
Hello....

I missed the fireworks on here last night....well some need that ole beauty sleep more than others...:)
anyway I woke up with this song on my mind this am....

(it ain't easy no more)
Good am butterflys-honeybees-gooduns-younguns-anyone running for any office in the CSRA......peeps-& all the in betweens..

Trouble
Trouble 07/06/12 - 06:16 am
Morning

to everyone

rant #3....no one has said zimmerman is innocent, i dont know anyone who is innocent, at least not after they are grown.....(martin most certainly is not innocent) we are just saying that he needs a fair trial (which al and jesse are doing their best to make sure wont happen) let the facts come out in court, and let a jury decide, i thought that was how our justice system worked........(well, that is how it is supposed to work)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 06:19 am
Please tell me

Will the Zimmerman case ever die out or will we be rocking in a chair at some nursing home & still talking about it!!
Great balls of fire....I hope not!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 06:22 am
Yep trouble

I can see us sitting in that ole rocker discussing our best days of long ago......I'm trying to make the best of what I have left! :)

btw I was typing mine at the same time you were...not a reply to your comment....just on my mind

Trouble
Trouble 07/06/12 - 06:22 am
zimmerman

the case will die as soon as they let al and jesse pull the switch (or push the plunger or what ever it is they do in florida)

morning seenit

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 06:25 am
Al & jessie

If they would give just 1/2 the interest in kids w/o daddies---poor neighborhoods....just think how much good that would do....BUT that wouldn't get them tv time.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 06:37 am
Sheriffs race

I'lll say one thing about this race...it sho has brought out some new posters......& I bet some will even hang with us on here..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 06:52 am
My Indian blood

I guess my Cherokee part of me is coming out this am...
you know the original land owners here in Ga.:)

Trouble
Trouble 07/06/12 - 07:02 am
new posters

of course they will hang with us on here, we are entertaining......lol

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/06/12 - 07:35 am
Good Morning Chronicle Peeps

Yeah, about the new screen names. They seem to be popping up on threads about the Sheriff's race. It would be interesting to see if it is yet another poorly orchestrated move by one candidate's campaign people. I mean I had one name that had been around a Joe Neal 30 seconds saying "Riverman is a joke." Heh, how the heck would he know? That's one thing about posters we know here, we have a track record and know each other's reliability. We also don't make unwarranted personal attacks on each other.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 07:37 am
Well some do (attacks)

But they don't stick.....teflon yaknow..:)

Usually SM handles the arrows in the backs!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 07:40 am
Bait

The bait some are using really stinks ....I can barely stay on the thread sometimes......I can't hold my breath like I used to...but then at one tme I could bend over backwards & pick up a match in my mouth.....haven't tried that trick lately..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 07:55 am
Excuse me

Did I just see a disappearing act on here!
think so...

river ....what they should say is riverman is a jokester!

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 07/06/12 - 08:00 am
Oops ... edited

Good morning people ... as long as I remain a good little girl I can continue to come out and play with my friends.

Whew ... yes SeenIt they were coming out of the woodwork last night.

BTW SeenIt ... now I know why we get along so well ... my daddy was Cherokee. Very intuitive people the Native Americans. However, I am first generation American on my mother's side. She is from Germany. When I was growing up I would ask my daddy what 1/2 Indian and 1/2 German made and he told me "One MEAN &@^$%"!!! I guess he was correct. Haha

Of course growing up with a German mother everything had to be cleaned, cleaned, and then cleaned again. My mom would freak out about paper bags at the grocery store. She said that they bring home cockroaches from the store and we had to check them all before we put them away to make sure we didn't bring home any hitchhikers. lol

Trouble
Trouble 07/06/12 - 08:01 am
disappearing

yep seenit, i saw it too

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/06/12 - 08:06 am
little tiny bit of editing :)

I think I saw a putty cat...trouble said she did too......:)

Good am miss Karen....happy posting today...keep RM straight if that is even possible :)
i have to get this mess on top of my head worked on this am...right now it is pointing in 4 different directions......i will probably need a martini afterwards.....so will seeya in the late part of the day...i hope!

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/06/12 - 08:27 am
"I could bend over backwards

"I could bend over backwards & pick up a match in my mouth.....haven't tried that trick lately..:)"

Heh, heh, heh. That's stimulating conversation this morning.

iLove
iLove 07/06/12 - 09:26 am
Zimmerman applied for a

Sorry, I wouldn't shoot an unarmed teenager, commit perjury in relations to my bond, and then plead for more money when I was caught lying.

Zimmerman applied for a passport WHILE out on bond.

Al and Jesse are called to come. This has been verified time and time again.

Zimmerman is a liar. The judge also included a 9 page write-up on
Zimmerman....which will probably have an affect on the jury.'s view of GZ.

Zimmerman applied for a passport WHILE out on bond.

Yet, he was granted a 2nd bond!

Scott Peebles....IDK, he seems to be a better Augusta politician than a Sheriff candidate.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/06/12 - 11:28 am
" That's one thing about

" That's one thing about posters we know here, we have a track record and know each other's reliability. We also don't make unwarranted personal attacks on each other."

Good morning AC Posters, how about that storm last night? It helped put me to sleep!

Well....not anymore! :) True, we know each other pretty well, and can follow the posting trends pretty good. When someone comes on and starts with the "skewed" remarks, they tend not to last very long, and that's O.K. as well!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/06/12 - 11:33 am
As for Zimmerman, the trial

As for Zimmerman, the trial isn't over yet, so how do you know he is guilty? Assumptions can be disastrous at times, and assuming that he is guilty is most certainly presumptuous! Sorry, but Al and Jesse's credibility has gone the way of the dinosaur!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/06/12 - 11:35 am
The AC reporters and

The AC reporters and photographers are unbiased, or at least they are supposed to be!

DRJ
DRJ 07/06/12 - 12:01 pm
Gas Prices

Let's see gas goes down by 10ths of a cent a gallon however when it goes up it jumps by 10 to 14 cents a gallon. It really gives me warm fuzzy feeling for the oil tycoons. Way to go .

Trouble
Trouble 07/06/12 - 12:22 pm
gas prices

when i went to work at 5 yesterday morning, gas was 2.74 in north augusta, when i got off yesterday afternoon, it was 2.99, that is one heck of a jump for just a few hours

daphne3520
daphne3520 07/06/12 - 12:31 pm
For ALL you people against the Gay Pride Parade...WHOMEVER

said. "Judge not, Lest YE be Judged?"

iLove
iLove 07/06/12 - 12:52 pm
1 Corinthians 6:9

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders .

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen