Rants & Raves

I THINK IT’S TIME we had a “straight” parade. I am sick of hearing about all the gay rights stuff. If that’s your thing, then so be it. Just don’t shove it in our faces!

IS ANYONE ELSE sick and tired of the marketing calls (even though we are on the Do Not Call list? How about the particularly obnoxious one that begins “Do not hang up”? I wish I could get them stopped.

A HIGH SCHOOL KID can take a one-hour course and learn what he needs to know about personal money management. Anything more is just waste. Kids’ parents are responsible for teaching that very thing – responsibility – anyway.

IT APPEARS THAT Dr. Ricardo Azziz has thinned MCG out by spreading it from Augusta to Rome, Athens and Albany, while claiming Augusta is the place. What’s Azziz got against Augusta?

TO THE PERSON WHO ranted about the Kane & Co. Dance Recital: You should try teaching dance to more than 200 children and then organizing a recital to showcase all the dancers and what they learned and see if you can fit it in under three hours.

My rave is to Kelly Duggar Kane, whom I think did a fantastic job and deserves all the props.

A HUGE RANT TO THE USC Aiken Convocation Center and the South Carolina Outdoor Expo. Very poorly planned and too large of an event.

A STANDING OVATION goes to the wonderful performance by the middle and high school band students at Augusta State University’s Band Camp. Our area is blessed with some truly amazing and dedicated band directors, and we are very grateful to them for sharing their love of music with our kids. A big thank you, too, to the wonderful staff and students at ASU for making it all happen.

A RANT TO The Augusta Chronicle for continuing to litter my property with unwanted advertising and circulars. I’m sick of having to pick them up and put them into the trash.

SPOTTED, THANK YOU for covering the Augusta Pride parade. I was able to look at the pictures to see which businesses are supporting sin.

FINALLY, AN ARTICLE about not refinancing. Alas, there are still articles encouraging borrowing, even for people with “less than perfect credit histories.”

The only sensible rule is don’t buy what you can’t afford.

Comments from readers:

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 07/05/12 - 05:11 pm
lol, well, be careful not to

lol, well, be careful not to add to my confusion. I'm aging next week. And don't forget my present.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/05/12 - 05:16 pm
ICL

Like I said, if it is a problem with God, let Him sort it out; it isn't your business or mine. I can't tell someone with saggy pants to pull them up, nor can you tell someone who they can love, particularly if it is a natural feeling for them. Why is that simple concept so hard for some of you to understand? Live and let live as long as it is legal and not infringing on someone else's rights or well being. If it is sinful, so be it; the day of judgement will get it sorted out.

I am not a "practicing" christian just for the unchristian things like that I heard in church, and the unchristian behavior of those damning others who do no harm.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 07/05/12 - 05:16 pm
seenit, I make it a point to

seenit, I make it a point to never fish with a man who won't bait my hook, remove the fish I catch, clean and cook them.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/05/12 - 05:20 pm
River

What thing about two women getting killed are you talking about?

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/05/12 - 05:34 pm
cds237 , "Love the sinner" is

cds237 , "Love the sinner" is a valid Bible principle, but it does not mean that we must approve their sinful conduct. It means we do not want to do violence to them, but we want them to receive what is best."

If we except everyone for who they are and never have a desire for them to be free from sin, then are we really following what Jesus taught. God hates sin, and sin is evil, so we can love the sinner as Jesus does but never "accept" the sin.

God does love everyone and we are to love them as well, and none of us live perfect lives but acceptance isn't the same as love.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/05/12 - 05:45 pm
'If it is sinful, so be it;

'If it is sinful, so be it; the day of judgement will get it sorted out."

itsanotherday, I guess that is the difference in you and I. I care about and don't want to see a soul lost to eternal damnation.

James 5:20 "Let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins." 1 Corinthians tells us to be imitators of Christ. Do you seriously belive that Christ would have just let sinners do their own thing and not warn them about being lost for eternity.

"I am not a "practicing" christian just for the unchristian things like that I heard in church" My friend there is no such thing as "practicing" Christian. You either are or you are not. It's not something you practice, it's your life.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 07/05/12 - 07:08 pm
I am not getting it today. It

I am not getting it today. It must be the impending birthday. KSL, what are you talking about?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/05/12 - 07:41 pm
Karen-Slater McDaniel says;

Karen-Slater McDaniel says; "You are in excellent hands at Augusta Oncology."

Been going there since April, I think, and have two more chemo's to go. My Doctor is Dr. Bromer. As you stated, they are the best! Their staff has made me feel at home when I go there. I've seen a lot of sadness in that place, but also a lot of hope and happiness. My prayer is that one day, there will not be a need for chemotherapy. Even so, my treatments haven't been so bad! Thank you for your work, Karen! Mayabe we can meet at the new McDonald's after it opens and have a smoothie! :)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/05/12 - 11:47 pm
ICL

Spin it how you wish, the bottom line is you nor I are in a position to dictate behavior that is legal. Don't like it, don't expose yourself to it.

I will grant you the last word even though you had the first one.

"My friend there is no such thing as "practicing" Christian. You either are or you are not. It's not something you practice, it's your life."

Thank you for illustrating why I am not.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/06/12 - 06:46 am
itsanotherday1, I fail to see

itsanotherday1, I fail to see how I'm putting a spin on anything. Truth is what it is. You don't have to agree, that is your choice. What I have illustrated is a cordial converstation about a subject evidently you are uncomfortable with. It appears in your attitude. What fault can you find in my statement about there is no "practicing" Christian, either you are a Christian or you are not, there is no practicing for it. It is your life because it is a state of being, not something you work to become. You may work at becoming a better Christian who is more like Christ and His character but you can't practice at becoming a child of God. It's like either you are your parent's son/daughter or you are not, there is no practicing to become a son or daughter.

If you some how find this unChristian like, then that is an issue you need to take up with God.

As for dictating behavior, never said I'd try to. This conversation was about teaching the Word of God and the saving Grace of God from sin. Someone doesn't care to listen, that is their right, but that isn't going to stop me from telling someone that God loves them and wants to have a relationship with them, and in order to do that we have to be forgiven of our sin, and God considers sexual immorality sinful. If you have a problem with that itsanotherday1, then I'd say your problem isn't with me but with God.

cds237
cds237 07/06/12 - 10:34 am
ICL

I don't approve of their sins, I don't approve of anyone's sins. But I also don't judge someone for their sins. We all sin in some way or have sinned. Judging someone is also a sin. No one has the right to judge anyone for anything. That is for God to do. The post about the businesses supporting sin was wrong. You should never deny someone business due to the way they live their life. As a Christian, you should want them to come into your business and maybe you would have such an impact on them, they would want to live right.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/06/12 - 02:22 pm
cds237, you are right, we all

cds237, you are right, we all sin, every day because we are human and there is only one who is perfect. I too don't approve of their sin but making a statement concerning that sin is not being judgemental. That is confirming scripture. Are you making a general statement or are you accusing me of being judgmental? It is difficult sometimes to determine whether people are making statements or accusations. I simply said that sexual immorality is a sin....that is not judgement.

As for the comment concerning the denial of service at local businesses, yes you are right, it is wrong. I'm glad I didn't make that statement and don't agree with it.

I think the problem comes in when individuals demand or think that love and acceptances means approval when in fact, love and acceptance can come even with disapproval.