Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

AS SOON AS John Bar­row figures out what district he’ll move to next, he should let the voters know so we can move and vote against him there.

IT WOULD BE NICE if everyone who has a mailbox could pay one dollar a month for the mail to be delivered to their home.

THOUSANDS OF DRONES patrolling American skies. Can you say Big Brother?

I’M SO SICK AND TIRED hearing all the Bible-beating Baptists spew their hatred toward homosexuals. What gives you the right to be so sanctimonious and judge others? Any hypocrite can go to church on Sunday and put on a good show, then preach hatred the rest of the week. God made EVERYONE and he loves them all unconditionally. God doesn’t make ugly … only people are ugly!

AZZIZ IS SPENDING more money, time and effort on renaming MCG rather than working on actually improving things.

I HATE SOUNDING LIKE a conspiracy theorist, but it’s time to recognize what is going on. The Board of Regents doesn’t want “Georgia” or “Medical” in the combined college’s name because the ultimate goal is to move Georgia’s medical college to Athens.

I JUST WANT to say thank you for life.

I CAN’T BELIEVE that 40 percent of the people would actually vote for Barack Obama, who without a doubt has to go down as the worst president in U.S. history. George Bush wasn’t the greatest president we had, but he was much bet­ter than Barack Obama.

I AGREE THAT MCG should stay the Medical Col­lege of Georgia. I know someone who graduated from there and they will display the old name but not the new one.

I THINK RIVERMAN has been hired by Dr. Azziz.

RAVES TO THE lady cops who learn to fight. I wouldn’t tangle with one of those gals. Question: Once they get through the course, do they then practice against males? Might be a good idea.

Comments (51)

Jake
Jake 07/03/12 - 08:47 pm

Riverman

Is there any way I can get on the payroll too? I like what Dr Azziz is doing. Anyone with 3 z's in their name can't be all bad.

Jake
Jake 07/03/12 - 08:54 pm

"Thank you for life"

Now that is pretty good. Too often we take our life and health, and that of our loved ones, for granted until it is taken away from us. I think back to the accident last week on Bobby Jones where 2 men were killed while adjusting furniture on the back of a pickup. Here they were helping someone move and then it was all over for them. Then there is Aimee Copeland who 2 months ago had no idea what she was heading for. Count each day as a blessing.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/03/12 - 10:06 pm

I Wish I had Been On Dan Rahn's Payroll

Rahn had the payroll I would have liked to have been on. Remember Sonny Perdue's friend who Rahn hired as an assistant to coordinate with state government at $150,000 a year. I've yet to hear one thing she accomplished.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/03/12 - 10:11 pm

Speaking of Coordinators

When I hear of jobs in government or charities and the only thing done is coordinating, I am highly skeptical. With charities donations are taken in the name of some highly regarded injured or sick people, yet all the money goes to coordinating. I check how much money was actually given to the intended people and it's absolutely zero. It all goes to paying the salaries of the staff. Come on man.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/03/12 - 10:30 pm

"IT IS INTERESTING that the

"IT IS INTERESTING that the biggest loudmouths who comment on The Chronicle site always try to shout down dissenting opinions at the same time they whine about their freedom of speech."

That's an interesting rant. Being accurate no one here is shouting or loud. We don't hear others. It's all up to how well you think and write. But I imagine the same emotion is created whether one is shouted down or out thought.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 07/03/12 - 11:07 pm

Have you heard about postage stamps?

People who use the mail already pay for it to be delivered!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/04/12 - 04:26 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA

If this offends you, have a nice trip to where ever you think you will be happy......

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/04/12 - 04:32 am

And good morning to all the

And good morning to all the patriots out there, you know who you are.

Trouble
Trouble 07/04/12 - 04:41 am

Happy Independence Day

hope you all enjoy your 4th off, i will be working

Trouble
Trouble 07/04/12 - 04:43 am

Riverman

was it azziz who got sean to let you back on the board?????

i am proud of you, you got mentioned in the printed rants this time...wOOt

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/04/12 - 04:54 am

mail service

Doesn't the USPS already get money from us? I was under the impression it was run by the government, which means taxes.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/04/12 - 06:32 am

Good Morning Friends and Neighbors

Sounds like a draft notice, I realize. Trouble, about my connection to Dr. Azziz...I have no respect for any school president who would be connected to Riverman. It all comes down to common sense when we realize he's not part of some conspiracy to make GHSU part of a new world order, move it to Athens and have a mother ship beam up the students and faculty in Augusta.

oldfella
oldfella 07/04/12 - 07:23 am

Female cops practicing

Female cops practicing fighting against males is a good point. Most of the suspects they encounter will be male, and the only way to get to a higher level of proficiency is to make your training harder than the actual mission will be (still considering safety of course). I've watched female MMA a few times - any of those ladies could control an untrained, unfit male on the street with no problem. Technique, training and most important experience are unstoppable when applied properly.

boodroe
boodroe 07/04/12 - 07:30 am

Regarding the mailbox comment

I believe he meant anyone who has a post office box should also get home delivery for a 1 dollar a month as it stands now I believe you get home delivery or a p.o. box not both

harley_52
19523
harley_52 07/04/12 - 07:39 am

"I've yet to hear one thing

"I've yet to hear one thing she accomplished."

Hmmmm......

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/04/12 - 07:49 am

Yeah, Harley

Harley, it's obvious it all had something to do with the Athens med school, but she did come after the new school had been approved. Maybe she was there to keep things in line? All that was such a scam with Rahn, Perdue and Davis creating a new school when the state is out of money.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/12 - 08:01 am

Only for a special few

This is a post for those who wanted riverman & seenitB4 to stick a sock in it!!!

Eating crow is a U.S. colloquial idiom,[1] meaning humiliation by admitting wrongness or having been proved wrong after taking a strong position.[2] Eating crow is presumably foul-tasting in the same way that being proved wrong might be emotionally hard to swallow

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/04/12 - 08:04 am

SeenIt, you saw the story, too.

SeenIt, great timing for that story huh? Teach that person to tell us to shut up when we know what we're talking about. Funny

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/12 - 08:10 am

Impossible

No one has been able to keep you quiet.....NO ONE!

I'm happy about that!

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/04/12 - 08:12 am

Thanks, SeenIt. I feel better

Thanks, SeenIt. I feel better when you're around because you are one of the fabulous few who get things.

So let's all fire up the grills. Afterall it's 8 AM. I need to run down to the BiLo on Furys Ferry.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/12 - 08:24 am

July 4...2012

Thank you to our great military.....freedom doesn't come easy.....it takes blood-sweat & tears.....
We are really lucky to be in the USA........(esp. the South) :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/12 - 09:09 am

Birds

Birds of a feather flock together......just be careful who you flock with..!

Much to do here---Happy 4th everyone!

BamaMan
BamaMan 07/04/12 - 09:19 am

Bible thumpers

True Christians hate no one. Yes, God created all of us, at least you acknowledge that. If you read the Bible, which by the way is God's Law, it condemns homosexuality. I Cor 6: 9-10. Flip & read the results for yourself.

Willow Bailey
20240
Willow Bailey 07/04/12 - 09:37 am

Great Rants today

I like the one about lady cops training to fight defensively. Interestingly, in my work, I've recently had two incidents, one resulting in a call to 911 involving two agressive males.

After the second incident, my sister remarked, that I needed to take steps to better protect myself, such as a self defense class. Then she proceeded to give me a lesson of her own...

"If you are grabbed from the back, step wide, bend over, grab his leg, lift up and he will be thrown off balance." Then, she said, for me not to try to run away in my little high heels, but to stay with him, kicking him multiple times in the bridge of his nose, driving it upward towards his brain, then complete the assignment with a hard step into his groin and grind my foot as if I were putting out a small fire. Swing wide again, step over his body, grab my 357 from my purse and fire twice; once into the chest and another to the head. She reminded me our Daddy said, "there should only be one story when law enforcement arrives; make sure it is yours."

The problem is, I can't find anyone who will let me practice with them...

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/04/12 - 10:02 am

Good morning and Happy

Good morning and Happy Independence Day, July 4, 2012! Hope that you all enjoy some part of the day, and remember where it came from.
God bless America and those who keep it free!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/04/12 - 10:08 am

"Sick and tired," is it only

"Sick and tired," is it only "Bible-beating Baptists" spewing hatred toward homosexuals? I think not! Disapproval of that persuasion crosses the Religious lines, and spreads across all walks of life. Some might even think you are spewing your hatred toward "Bible-beating Baptists!" That would be my thought.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/04/12 - 10:15 am

Speaking of Religion and

Speaking of Religion and Christianity, today's Columbia County News Times and the AC have a full page entitled "In God We Trust." If you haven't read it, you're missing some of the greatest comments ever made by our founding Father's. Thank you to the Editors of the Columbia County News Times and Augusta Chronicle for reminding us that we live in a Christian Nation the way it was intended....at least for now.

Willow Bailey
20240
Willow Bailey 07/04/12 - 10:50 am

Happy Fourth, Sargebaby, and

Happy Fourth, Sargebaby, and yes, we live in a Christian Nation, even though our current president says otherwise and diligently works for that change.

harley_52
19523
harley_52 07/04/12 - 11:09 am

Happy Fourth Willow....

...Sargebaby, seenitB4, CG, Riverman, RoadKill, Trouble, dichotomy, Carleton, KSL, allhans and all the other frequent posters I've failed to list. You too "retired army" wherever you are.

Happy Fourth to you to Sean.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 07/04/12 - 11:10 am

Remember...

It's not "The Fourth Of July" we celebrate. It's Independence Day. The day we celebrate the signing of the document that began this "great experiment" called The United States of America.
Some may call this nitpicking, but I think it bears remembering WHY we celebrate on this day, not just THAT we celebrate this day.....
Have a great Independence Day everyone!!.....

Preetorius gets 24-year prison sentence for real estate fraud

U.S. District Court Judge J. Randal Hall sentenced Regina Preetorius, 47, to the near maximum possible, finding that the extent of financial damage she left in her wake by 2008 devastated those ...