Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

BI-LO ON Peach Orchard Road should extend hours to 24 hours a day like Kroger. They would do more business, and their customers would appreciate it.

I AM A UNION pipefitter at Local 150. I guess my local brothers and sisters are proud of Obama since he is allowing 800,000 illegals to stay and take our jobs.

A FAMILY MAN is dead. A woman who had been drinking couldn’t wait to get to the next bar. I thought bars closed at 2 a.m. in Augusta. Does anyone enforce that anymore?

OVER THE PAST two weeks I have taken note that almost no bikers on the Greeneway said they were passing on the left. True bikers have manners, but these are not real bikers. Women and children are on the Greeneway.

WISCONSIN GOV. SCOTT Walker’s agenda had not been stopped at all. It is continuing. He is doing a good job.

I WOULD LIKE TO know why gas is going down but our groceries keep climbing.

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE are rejecting the tea party and Republican agenda in Congress that puts tax breaks for the wealthiest people in our country ahead of creating jobs.

TO THE STAFF at the Richmond County water treatment system: Raves for the good work you are doing to make sure our water is safe.

JUST MADE A TRIP to Atlanta and back, and I was shocked to see so many shredded tires in the road from 18-wheeler trucks. Georgia isn’t doing a very good job keeping this mess cleaned up.

ANYBODY TAKE a ride down Lindsey Drive, Circular Drive, Rhodes Drive and Ivey Road in south Augusta lately? Wow, what a mess!

TO ALL YOU drivers (if you can call yourself that) who drive 40 mph in the left (fast) lane on Gordon Highway: If you’re constantly getting passed, you are obviously driving too slow, so get out of the way!

TO THE PERSON WHO posted his thoughts on the Scott Walker recall: You and the liberal unions who demanded this recall are the ones who have been humiliated.

Newsflash
Newsflash 07/01/12 - 06:35 pm
Just made a trip..........

It's hotter than a June bride in a pepper patch and those who drive the roads begin seeing the occasional 18-wheeler truck tire tread lying beside or on the highway. Truckers call them "road gators." That's because they'll take a bite out of your car if you run over one. Hit a road gator that's lying on its side and it'll slice open the engine or transmission oil pan, rip off a brake or fuel line or snap off a suspension component.Drive safe cause them road gators are hatching out ........it's Gator Season. No alligator was hurt during the creation of this article.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 07/01/12 - 08:23 pm
Too bad about the storm

Too bad about the storm damage, but the rain is a welcomed relief!

dade30906
dade30906 07/02/12 - 05:58 am
I think Obama's bolster for

I think Obama's bolster for same - sex marriages is disgusting, he lost my vote.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/02/12 - 07:17 am
The rant says

So sorry to hear that...these are the roads I rode my bike .......many many times as a kid....back then some were dirt roads.....great neighbors....houses were well kept.....kids everywhere......most had gardens.....nice fragrant flowers all around.....blackberry bushes & open fields......where did it go----& why did it go away...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/12 - 07:33 am
Good Morning Nice Cool America, Uppers & Downers

"SECTION 8 HOUSING is being used primarily by single women with children, but the man moves in after she gets her Section 8 housing. This needs to be looked into."

You mean to tell me that you just realized that!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/02/12 - 07:35 am
About section 8 housing

A woman with kids moves in originally & then lo & behold a man shows up later......dang dang dang......that is what we cause in our country....we make it easy for loafers.....have them babies---leave the mother----let daddie government support your babies---then just show up whenever ya please.......
Now if we ALL did that.......we could turn into another Haiti......

Why do we make it so easy ......get a grip folks........we are making a crippled society..

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/02/12 - 07:37 am
Good am Cgee

We were typing the same thing at the same time...:)

Good am to all beeswax---troublemakers---Sheriffs in the running---good guys & those still wondering if they are good or bad...:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/12 - 02:42 pm
First Time Enjoyed My Investment

Out of power for 9 seconds instead of 4 hours last night, thanks to my 20KW generator. Watched TV and air conditioner running.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/12 - 07:41 am
@1

Just maybe Krogers has more security guards than Bi-Lo wants to hire.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/12 - 07:42 am
@3

More votes in 800,000 then in Local 150!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/02/12 - 07:43 am
Great investment

Nicccceee CGee....you are cool on here too....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/12 - 07:45 am
@8

I'll make a comment to that in November 2012.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/12 - 08:02 am
@11

All you had to say was "South Augusta, WOW, What A Mess"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/12 - 07:53 am
@12

Ask any of those left lane 40'ers and you will be told to"DROP DEAD."
I have the right just like you to be on the road...Sorry I have no intelligence or respect.

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/02/12 - 07:55 am
Being anal this morning

I believe it is Lindsey Rd, not Drive. Unless it changed since I left the area.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/12 - 07:56 am
Sean

You Poo-Canned one of my post yesterday, at least you could give me your normal Valentine emails.I know I would loose but that one I would really have to debate you on.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/02/12 - 07:57 am
JTF

Now I am curious.....did you have the same last name years ago...FACTS....heh heh

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/02/12 - 07:58 am
BTW

jtf....can you remember when Circular dr was just plain Circle Dr??

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/02/12 - 08:02 am
Sean

SM was busy-busy yesterday .....he canned many posts last night----I give him the blame either good/bad........some were pages of posts...

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/02/12 - 08:07 am
Circle-Circular

I think it was Circular (sp) during my time there. But, I am not sure.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/02/12 - 08:16 am
South Augusta

My thoughts on my home area...

Some say it is what it is & stop day dreaming....I can't stop...
There isn't a reason for me to give up.......the problem lies with the stupid politics in the CSRA.....some areas have been forgotten because they don't have $$$ & power brokers living there...
Change your POLITICIANS & find some who care about YOU....too much money goes to other wants----your tax dollars can & should be spent in SOUTH AUGUSTA!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/02/12 - 08:29 am
Reviving South Augusta

Seen it, if a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it, does it make a sound?

iLove
iLove 07/02/12 - 08:51 am
ANYBODY TAKE a ride down Lindsey Drive, Circular Drive, Rhodes..

Everyday. Looks the same to me.

Call Corey Johnson.

daphne3520
daphne3520 07/02/12 - 08:56 am
Next to last Rant & Rant # 2 are BOTH

so correct!!!!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/02/12 - 09:05 am
A Tall Redwood would make a difference..

Some wonder why on earth does Freddie want the Sheriffs job......my answer----To make a difference in his home area....

You have to have a love for South Augusta......not just small talk & say the words people want to hear......a few years back I did ask him if he was happy in his job.......I could see something was missing....once you have tasted the fire/police dept......you miss the excitement & the running of the dogs---the hunt (some would say)...
He wants to make a difference....lordy ...we all know it isn't for the $$$
the area needs some tender loving care....some would care to make it what it can be again....imho.

dichotomy
dichotomy 07/02/12 - 09:28 am
The American people.....

Ranter 8.........The American people who have half of a brain realize that Obama and the Democrats have just put the largest tax hike in history on the lower and middle class in this country with Obamacare. They also realize that Obama and the Democrats have doubled the deficit, which will impact the lower and middle class the worst for the next 20 or 30 years, and that their policies are driving up the cost of food which will hit the lower and middle class the hardest. I know that you have been trained by the Democrat Socialist Party to chant "tax the rich" because they know it's an easy phrase for the simple minded to remember. But if you would close your mouth, open your eyes, and take a quick look around you would see the Obama and the Democrats are the ones hurting the working people in this country. Most of you "yea for Obamacare" types aren't smart enough to realize that YOUR TAX doesn't start until 2014 but start it surely will. And for most of you middle class working people who currently have "pretty good" health insurance policies at work......well they will be disappearing and your Obamacare policies that you will be TAXED to buy will provide worse care, longer waits, and fewer doctors to choose from. You just keep hollering "tax the rich" Ranter #8 but in 2014 we will see whose mailbox Obama's tax bill shows up in.....hint hint.....it will by your mailbox.

allhans
allhans 07/02/12 - 09:32 am
Circular Drive. I recall,

Circular Drive. I recall, years ago, visiting a political activist by the name of George something. Wonder what happened to him.

allhans
allhans 07/02/12 - 09:38 am
The kids of a woman living in

The kids of a woman living in Sect 8 housing in the area several years ago told me that their Dad lived with them but always came and went by the back door. That was the first time I knew that they had a Dad.
(Out of the mouth of babes)
That is one reason for "single mothers". They get more charity that way.

corgimom
corgimom 07/02/12 - 09:53 am
Dichotomy, I'm sick of paying

Dichotomy, I'm sick of paying taxes for indigent care for people. Aren't you?

Because a whole lot of those "indigent" people, that don't have money to pay their doctor bills, have money to buy cigarettes, liquor, cable tv, go on vacations, and eat out. I happen to know a few of those.

Shouldn't they pay SOMETHING? Or should we foot the bill for infinity?

Should they receive free health care forever?

corgimom
corgimom 07/02/12 - 10:00 am
Allhans, let me tell you

Allhans, let me tell you something. That "go in and out of the back door" is what criminals do. It has nothing to do with Section 8 housing. They don't want other criminals and the police to know when they are and aren't home. They don't care about Social Services. Because Social Services never checks, it's easy to lie, and all the woman has to do is say "He's here to see the kids." Which is perfectly legal. People that live in Section 8 housing are also allowed to have visitors and guests stay overnight, too. Like everybody else.

I lived in a low-income housing project. Those men lived there openly, there wasn't any attempt to hide. You can't hide anything in those projects, everybody knows everybody's business. And kids are the biggest blabbermouths on Earth.

We knew who lived where, who was part of a couple, and who wasn't. It's easy to tell.

UGA jumps up in 2 polls

The University of Georgia made the second-biggest jump of all the teams in the two national ranking polls, both of which were released Tuesday.