Rants & Raves

WHAT A JOKE THE city of Thomson Police Department is. A traffic stop turns into a gathering of rubber-necking fellow officers. No adult supervision will allow this to continue.

SPLOST, TPSLOST, where does it end? No new taxes. Make the government live within its means. Don’t even get me started about Berckmans Road.

OBAMA HAS BEEN IN office for 3 1/2 years and he’s still playing the “Blame Game.” This country will never be able to move forward when we have a president who continues to blame others and make excuses for his failed leadership.

I LIVE IN SOUTH AUGUSTA and witnessed the most wasted taxpayer money benefit that I have ever witnessed in my life. The street sweeper just drove down a country road. Why don’t they fix that dip in the road if they have so much money they can hire a street sweeper on a country road?

VOTE NO July 31 on the new TSPLOST sales tax being pushed down our throats by the big special interest groups. If passed, this would raise our sales tax burden.

IF ROUNDTREE CAN’T control his own finances, how is he going to control the Richmond County sheriff’s department finances?

SEND PRISONERS out to repair holes and clean up cemeteries.

I AM SO OFFENDED that politicians want to spend tax dollars to realign Berckmans Road. Why should we have to pay for that? Politicians, you may get perks from the all-powerful golf lords, but I will vote against you if this gets passed. Shameful.

ATLANTA BRAVES, you make me laugh. You’re like a yoyo. You go up; you go down. But you never stay on a straight course.

THE RECENT RECALL vote in Wisconsin has proven one thing. Ameri­cans are onto the unions and what they are all about: themselves.

THANKS TO LARRY and his crew from Williams Roofing Co. I live in an old house. They did an outstanding job.

I AM A COLUMBIA COUNTY RESIDENT and I got my property tax paperwork. My house value increased $4,500. I can barely make my payments on everything. I wish officials would remember that it is almost impossible for us older people to keep up with these increases.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/26/12 - 08:56 am
jtf

Talk about "Impeachment" would be really good NEWS.

allhans
allhans 06/26/12 - 08:57 am
Wisc Gov Scott Walker was in

Wisc Gov Scott Walker was in Illinois yesterday talking about his government reforms and pensions to some of Chicago's more influential business leaders in a speech to the Commercial Club of Chicago, a key civic group.
Chicago? Really!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/26/12 - 09:09 am
Attention attention please

Pres. Obama will be in mid-town Atlanta today around 1pm.......not to late to get your ticket Cgee....cheap seats are about $350.00 I think.....I'm sure Scott P wants a seat too.....so try to find a seat for 2 Cgee......btw...pick up a couple of bumper stickers & pass out when you get back.......now don't thank me now for keeping you updated cgee,,......just thank me in person when I seeya...:):):)

I can be paid in happy med.........:)

gotta ck on grits now..

allhans
allhans 06/26/12 - 09:10 am
SeenitB4...Shades of Gray..I

SeenitB4...Shades of Gray..I have heard that the novel is one sex scene repeated over and over, and that it is totally boring,
We all, at my house, are avid readers and had by-passed the book (NOT good for teen-agers) but I have had my reservations about it.
..so would you give us a summary when you finish.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/26/12 - 09:17 am
allhans

I would LOVE to do just THAT......but ole Sean would bann me forever on here.........& if I left out the best parts.......it just wouldn't be the same..........folks have to read this kind of book with an open mind....& realize some do have hangups (such as grey) & believe it or not.....this is sorta normal for some guys.......many want a woman to obey their EVERY command .....esp. in that department...

There are experts all around us allhans.......heh heh

I might try to put "sumthin" on here at a later date..:)

raul
raul 06/26/12 - 09:17 am
Ranter #1. You wouldn't be

Ranter #1. You wouldn't be the gawkee, would you?

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/26/12 - 09:36 am
Hope the ATL can afford it.

President Obama was in NH Monday. His visit cost the City $20K in overtime for protection. The City asked Obama's campaign to pay for it as President Bush's did in the 2008 election. Obama's refused. In the end, a private citizen forked over the dough.

JRC2024
JRC2024 06/26/12 - 09:43 am
I like your profile picture

I like your profile picture Cobalt. It lets would be burgulars if they are smart enough to read know that you are prepared to defend your property.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/26/12 - 09:47 am
Good to seeya

Good to see JRC today....I was beginning to think you had gone on a long vacation..

Trouble
Trouble 06/26/12 - 10:04 am
morning

morning all

seenit, sounds like a good book, i will have to read it

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/26/12 - 10:09 am
trouble

You can handle the book......& probably could write a better one...:)

Now I have to get ready & take gob out to lunch today....he has done a lot of work around this house in the last 2 days.....he acts like he has had some kind of energy pill.........maybe he just wants to go play golf .......see yall later

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 06/26/12 - 11:25 am
Good morning, AC Posters! I'm

Good morning, AC Posters! I'm just full of opinions and facts this morning, but don't have time to post! I'm on the way to chemo, and one of the saddest places in Augusta. It's difficult to comprehend how many people have cancer, and are being treated in this manner. I pray that one day, cancer will be completely and totally wiped out! See you'ns later!

InChristLove
InChristLove 06/26/12 - 02:52 pm
Since I've seen nothing

Since I've seen nothing written up in the paper about it, does anyone have any information on the accident that occurred at Bobby Jones and Hwy 56 yesterday evening. Came by and someone had laid their motorcycle down and they were putting a guy on the stretcher. Just wanted to know if the guy was okay.

Jane18
Jane18 06/26/12 - 03:38 pm
Chiwawa

Riverman1, you had me going there for a second, very cute spelling. By the way, when checking my spelling of "chihuahua", in the parenthesis showing how to pronunce the word, it IS spelled chi wa wa! I bet you knew that all along, didn't you?

David Parker
David Parker 06/26/12 - 04:14 pm
Sargebaby is a hero

Sargebaby. You carry that torch and beat it for every person that was ever affected by cancer. Take care, you can do it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/26/12 - 04:31 pm
Jane, you know how 5 year

Jane, you know how 5 year olds spell. I was lucky to be able to say chiwawa back then. I'm starting to sound like Mitt Romney. Wawa.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 06/26/12 - 05:30 pm
"You carry that torch and

"You carry that torch and beat it for every person that was ever affected by cancer."

Thank you for your 4:14, David! I do what I can, in addition to praying every day for a cure. For the first time, my oncologist told me today, that the chemotherapy appears to be working. Tests showed huge drop in cancer cells. Hopefully, by the time the last two treatments are complete, there will be more good news! I pray for the same results for all cancer patients!

Developer fined by Georgia EPD

The developer of a Grovetown subdivision has been fined by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division for failing to control erosion and other water quality control violations.