Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHY SHOULD FOX NEWS stop showing the back of Zimmerman’s head? He is innocent! Struck from behind as he was going back to his car! Show his head! Prove he tells the truth!

IT IS TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE for a newswoman to wear sleeveless tops or dresses on camera. Fox News is bad about it. So are some of the morning shows. Stop it! It’s ugly.

THE REASON GEORGIA TECH doesn’t get equal press to UGA is because UGA is the University of Georgia, not just another trade school. Also being seeded eighth and somehow winning is pure luck.

TO THE PERSON hunting Kraut in the jar, they have it at the Bi-Lo in South­gate in two different sizes. I hope you enjoy it.

I TOOK MY FAMILY TO Applebee’s on Peach Orchard Road for dinner, and there was so much foul language that we had to get up and leave. My grandson said to me, “Grandpa, that man is saying bad words.” That is not right. How do you expect to run a family restaurant when you allow that filthy language?

THE CARTOONS YOU have of Obama are not funny and a lot of people do not appreciate it. Everybody doesn’t think it is funny how you have him drawn. We respect our president. I know of no other president that you make look like this. This is ridiculous.

IF YOU HAVE GOOD credit, you don’t have to pay a deposit to South Carolina Electric and Gas. If you do have to pay a deposit, they will return it with interest if you pay for a year on time. The city of North Augusta however, when you sign up for water and garbage, they charge a $100 deposit. When asked if good credit will keep you from having to pay it, they say no. When asked when you get the deposit back, they say when you turn the service off. So if you live in North Augusta all your life, they have $100 of your money to use.

RAVE TO YOUR PAPER for the slideshow of abandoned homes in the city. We also need a slide show of abandoned businesses. We who live in Olde Town cannot understand why the owners of these buildings are not made to repair them or tear them down. It hurts our property values and invites crime.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 06/24/12 - 11:11 pm
"THE CARTOONS YOU have of Obama

...are not funny ...how you have him drawn. I know of no other president that you make look like this."

I am happy to learn you have come out of your coma, although you seemed to have missed the entire eight years of Bush's term.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 06/24/12 - 11:14 pm
You're worrying about dresses?

What of the lies, omissions, creative editing, and open partisan bias that are what passes for the news they're reporting? Nothing there? Really?

KSL
KSL 06/25/12 - 12:18 am
OK, D, I admit, I have

OK, D, I admit, I have never been associated any where that was not business professional dress. But I am more worried about the rest of the stuff. Just think, years ago their crappy dress codes might have influenced their credibility. No longer!

As are you!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/25/12 - 03:10 am
Cartoons and other stuff

I agree the way the Emperor is drawn is a poor representation of him. I think a donkey would be much better.

I really don't care how news anchors dress. I would be happy if the news anchors stuck to giving the news and leave the opinions and analysis to those who have that type of show.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/25/12 - 03:37 am
"New York is a place where

"New York is a place where you can do whatever you want to do," Mayor Michael Bloomberg declared before he joined the Fifth Avenue parade at noon.
He said he had a message for the rest of America: "The government should get out of your personal life."

As long as you don't want a large soft drink.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/25/12 - 03:46 am
Hello

Good Morning Awguster. And a special hello to the alphabet crowd. Is it true that RM1 is now the most interesting person in the world?

raul
raul 06/25/12 - 06:00 am
Regarding newswomen and

Regarding newswomen and sleeveless dresses. I don't see that as inappropriate or ugly, unless, or course, they have "turkey arms." That would make me change channels.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/25/12 - 06:15 am
Lewis Grizzard

Lewis used to claim that new anchors were naked from the waist down.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/25/12 - 06:16 am
Haha

RKill...Are you saying someone is a legend in his own "mind" :)

Maybe not the whole world---just the csra...heheh

Good morning troublemakers & a special good am RAUL....I see you are joining the am crowd this am..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/25/12 - 06:23 am
Grizzard

I miss L Grizzard.....Conway Twitty--Elvis & a few folks I can't put on here....

if you like Grizzard---you will like this

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/25/12 - 06:29 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 06/25/12 - 06:36 am
The rant said

That is sad....I hate to hear foul words in public too.....esp, around children........the manager should have said something.......imo

raul
raul 06/25/12 - 06:38 am
@SeenitB4. Yes, Joined early

@SeenitB4. Yes, Joined early today. Got back early Sunday from my daughter's high school graduation in Germany. Still going through that jet lag!

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/25/12 - 06:39 am
Teach me to show up here

Teach me to show up here late. Heh...talking about me. Even my buddy, RK. JTF, after hearing that I'm going to look at the news women differently. Maybe one day she'll have to do the weather, too and just jump up to show us the warm front coming over the mountains or something.

Trouble
Trouble 06/25/12 - 06:43 am
morning

morning all

to the obama cartoon ranter, you have not seen any other president drawn like obama is for one simple reason, no other president looks like obama. the same could also be said of bush, clinton, etc, etc, amazingly enough, none of them look the same......it is no more disrespect to obama than it is to the rest of the presidents that came before him and will come after (starting soon i hope)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/25/12 - 06:52 am
Good Bless America, AC & TSDs Friends

@1 - Aren't Facts no longer allowed!

@2 - One of the reasons I watch Fox.

@5 - The exact reason why Applebee's on Wrightsboro Road closed down.

@6 - I love the cartoons of King SMNCICBHO. It shows him as he really is.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/25/12 - 06:55 am
The Real Legend

Good am trouble......spunky girl....& glad you made it back safely Raul.....congrats on your daughter...:)

I see RM didn't drown in his pool yesterday....good thing because he has plowing to do in his garden..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/25/12 - 07:13 am
Say what??

RM said this...

The best thing to ever happen to Charleston was hiring a black city police chief. It provides a certain dynamic with the black community.

Dang...really....all this time I thought the best thing was Rhett Butler
lived there...

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/25/12 - 07:29 am
Blueberries

I'm sure yall have read this but it says in the AJC that blueberries have taken over the top spot in Ga fruit......123 million in sales versus 47 million for peaches....& I understand that they are very healthy in many ways ..

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/25/12 - 07:39 am
Ranter #5.....Agree with you

Ranter #5.....Agree with you about Applebees in South Augusta. I tried to support them because they are one of the few left in this area but it's gotten so bad that my wife and I could no longer tolerate the "dining experience". Judging from the parking lot it looks like they are still doing a pretty good business so I guess they have found their target audience and my wife and I just aren't part of it.

boodroe
1963
boodroe 06/25/12 - 07:57 am
Applebees nice family place

Any restaraunt that serves a full bar is not a family place per se you serve alcohol you get rowdy crowd want a family place choose one that serves no intoxicants to the public Not all places that serve alcohol have bad language in them however and the person should have complained to the manager and said they were disturbing him from having a pleasant dining experience. If you don't inform the place why you left you will never improve the ambience of the place

allhans
allhans 06/25/12 - 08:02 am
Sleeveless dresses

When Michelle began wearing sleeveless dresses (something previously a no-no-and not done by a First Lady) it was declared a fashion statement, gushing admirers going so far as to compliment her firm arms....
Styles have changed under this administration, is that not what we voted for?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/25/12 - 08:03 am
Maybe that Applebee's manager

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/25/12 - 08:06 am
Here ya go for Applebee's

Fill it out and punch send. If several people report the same thing, I imagine corporate will take notice.

cytoranger
cytoranger 06/25/12 - 08:07 am
What does smncbibco or

What does smncbibco or whatever stand for and can you say it on here.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 06/25/12 - 08:08 am
Foul language

Good luck getting anything done about foul language in Richmond County. I couldn't get anything done about being verbally abused with foul, obscene and racist language by neighbors when I stepped to the mailbox or on my deck or tried to take a walk or work in my yard, even right in front of my children. It was even witnessed and acknowledged that he heard it by at least one officer. We finally had to move after seven years of reporting and hoping and praying someone would help and the drug-trafficking and other criminal activity would cease or at least move to another area; since the verbal abuse was tied to my attempts to rid our area of crime. The most lame excuse I heard from authorities was "it's just their culture." and "just ignore it and eventually it will stop." I ignored it the whole time except for reporting it appropriately, and it continued for 7 years. so that is B.S. There was no way I would respond in kind to that kind of baiting behavior; because I knew if I did it would escalate. It escalated WITHOUT me responding. Apparently no response was still a response and led to adding threats, lies and worse! It is verbal assault and it is NOT acceptable.

iLove
iLove 06/25/12 - 08:15 am
isanotherday

said: "Maybe that Applebee's manager
Maybe that Applebee's manager and staff relate to the culture of ill mannered people who curse in public and generally have no respect for others around them."

Your hidden attempt is not so hidden...

Ever been to a Greenjackets game in the summer?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/25/12 - 08:16 am
Thanks Leaves

that statement says a lot...

THAT is what some don't understand about Richmond county problems.....reports are made & ignored.......tell me how a citizen can live under CONSTANT harrassment like this.....
Some punks could care less about community police...or community anything!!

Trouble
Trouble 06/25/12 - 08:19 am
ksl

after having gotten around to looking at last nights r/r's i would simply like to say that i am fine with that, i choose not to have friends that i have to watch my back around. now, can we just leave it at that?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 06/25/12 - 08:20 am
Bad language

...will only stop when the real men present stand up. Unfortunately, there is a finite --and declining-- supply of those.