Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THERE IS NO USE in speculating about the name of the new merged MCG and Augusta College. Dr. Ricardo Azziz will meet with the Regents behind closed doors, and his choice will be rubber-stamped. That’s the way we got the merger to start with.

ONCE UPON A TIME, MY grandfather lost his job. His children were hungry, so he and his wife planted a garden. They were no longer hungry and all lived happily ever after.

RANT TO THE PERSON who stole my grandma’s Yorkie off her front porch in the Shilo Ter­race subdivision off Windsor Spring Road. Imagine someone taking your child, grandchild, or niece or nephew. You would be sad. My grandma is sad because she wants her Yorkie back. You need to be a good person and bring her back. You can just leave her on the front porch and walk away. No questions asked. Please bring her back so my grandma can be happy again.

CAN ANYONE OUT there tell us why the employees at the VA won’t answer their phones?

HOW CAN ENGINEERS say Highway 56 is dangerous? It’s like saying guns are dangerous. It’s the people using it that are dangerous. As cars have become more technically advanced, drivers have become less intelligent with very little judgment. You should try riding a motorcycle every day if you want to see dangerous, stupid drivers, and we are registered licensed and insured vehicles, unlike bicycle riders.

MY WIFE HAS BEEN treated before and cured at the Medical Univesity of South Carolina in Charleston; great hospital. Why can’t our hospital remain the Medical College of Georgia?

WHEN WILL CONGRESS correct the gross injustice of men injured in Vietnam who were evacuated for medical treatment and did not die there whose names are not on the Vietnam Memorial? Surely this cause will not take as long as restoring Robert E. Lee’s citizenship.

THESE COMPANIES that try to get the public to believe these fake testimonials should be put out of business for lying. I am very sick of seeing them and hearing them. I am really glad to be able to change the channel.

JUST HAVING A GED and no further education doesn’t make a person eligible for higher sheriff office positions.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 06/21/12 - 08:53 pm
Employees at the VA

... won’t answer their phones? All straight from the public employee handbook, "I won't work, and you can't make me."

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 06/21/12 - 08:58 pm
Names on the Wall?

No one gives a rat's ... hat... about VietNam; didn't then, don't now. The only sincere recognition VietNam vets get is the number of poseurs who now claim service there. Even if some of them were only ten.
I expect any day there will be a statue of Hanoi Jane erected at the site to honour her 'contribution' to the war effort.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 06/21/12 - 09:03 pm
JUST HAVING A GED

...and no further education doesn’t make a person eligible for higher sheriff office positions.

Perhaps so, but doesn't make them ineligible either. Some of the worst, inept, incompetent and dishonest in public officehave been highly educated.

Khan'tB4Real
Khan'tB4Real 06/21/12 - 10:41 pm
Last rant ... really? Tell

Last rant ... really? Tell that to the Chief of Police in Sardis ... who BTW was appointed by our Governor to be the Interim Director at YDC to fix their problems!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 06/22/12 - 12:29 am
Back Home

I posted this late Thursday afternoon, and KSL and Sarge read it; but I hope readers will indulge my posting it again. I hope our early risers (CG, RK, Seenit, Trouble) and our fashionably late riser (Willow B.) will see it also.

My spouse and I just got back from a visit to the San Francisco Bay area and had a wonderful time. The highlight of our trip was to meet Jake. He is warm, witty, intelligent, and has a wonderful family as he tells us. Thanks, Jake, for offering us tips on places to sightsee, for buying me a beer, but most of all for sharing your life's story and your love for your family.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 06/22/12 - 12:07 am
San Francisco MTA

OK, folks, I've been away from the computer for several days while on vacation; so some of my posts today may be a little squirrely. Here's a story from the San Francisco Chronicle of June 16 (page C1). Doesn't it just typify the mindset of a liberal?

MTA bets ticketing will ease deficit

The new fiscal year doesn't even begin until July 1, but the Municipal Transit Agency's budget for the next two years is already in the red. And the agency plans to issue more parking tickets to help close that deficit. The agency faces a $19.8 million dollar defict over the next two years due in large part to labor negotiations that failed to yield the concessions that had been projected when the budget was passed in April. Instead of wringing $14.6 million in savings out of five unions representing maintenance, clerical, and management workers, the agency will spend an additional $3 million over two years. In addition, the agency has tacked on $2.3 million more in expenses due to not budgeting enough money for the staff of the Transit Effectiveness Program, which aims to improve Muni service, and decisions to add taxi enforcement and parking enforcement officers. While these projections add to MTA's costs, the agency is counting on them to bring in new revenues. The new parking control officers are expected to help the agency issue an additional $6.5 million in citations over the next two years. Ed Reiskin, the city's transportation director, said the new officers would target drivers who park illegally in areas with residential parking permits and other places where the agency gets complaints about a lack of enforcement.

Yeah, hire new officers to issue more parking citations. That will really balance the budget. I hope Margaret Woodard does not read that story!

countyman
20627
countyman 06/22/12 - 01:12 am
Private investment

The Rockwood plant in South Augusta is expanding already(33 additional acres).. The original investment was $115 million and 100 jobs... This is a good sign for the local economy, because Starbucks purchased 100 acres so they can expand in the future.. Both of the plants are under construction in South Augusta..

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/22/12 - 06:32 am
Good am to all

This is interesting.....growing body parts with stem cells....a new liver---a new heart--a new eye---goodness.......what next...

Great to see ya back LL....I knew you would have a great time......Jake is entertaining on here too.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/22/12 - 06:38 am
Name change

Yep...the name is in already...Dr Azziz just hasn't told us yet....

2nd rave.....heh heh....funny but sooo true....grow a garden & you won't be hungry......when they have to do that to eat....it will happen BUT as long as we feed lazy-sit on the behind all day & watch tv folks.....they won't grow anything!

It seems the lady on the bus came out smelling like a rose....more than $200,000 to help her with bills & a vacation.....

btw harley....she probably wasn't allowed to knock the crap out of the little punks....I would have lost my job that day...& you too probably..:)

Tots
Tots 06/22/12 - 07:04 am
Good morning ,

Hello everybody and about your post at 12:29am on 6/22/12 Little Lamb, all i can say is Jake, is a true delight to meet in person..Someone i'm so glad i got to meet on more than one occasion and to call Jake my Friend,well-that makes me a better person, just by knowing him ..I've met many of his family members and everyone of them were just as nice and polite as Jake,all seemed to have a love of family and the people around them....Great people!!!

P.S. If you get a chance to play a round of golf with Jake,you should go.... Love you Jake,hope to see you on your next trip...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/22/12 - 07:05 am
Yes, Good Morning America, Uppers & Downers

@2 - "ONCE UPON A TIME" That was when a shovel or hoe usage wasn't connect with "work"

@3 - "Imagine someone taking your child, grandchild, or niece or nephew." I can't imagine leaving them on the front porch unattended, but I do hope she gets her Yorkie back.

@4 - Did you trying calling the cafeteria?

@5 - You answered your own question.

@6 - I don't know, ask Rant 1.

@7 - That was covered very very well by dstewartsr - 08:58 pm

@8 - Which channel did you change to...FOX or MSNBC?

@9 - Haven't you ever heard of "An Educated Idiot"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/22/12 - 07:18 am
<b>Big Uppers & Downers Coming Soon</b>

Supremes Could Decide Health Care Today!?!?!?

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/22/12 - 07:41 am
Friends and Neighbors

I see where Charlie (don’t dare pronounce it with an R) Webster is actively supporting Robbie Silas for Sheriff. Charlie was a hoot when he was Sheriff. A local TV reporter did a story that wasn’t accurate and Charlie went to the TV station and escorted the person outside for a little talk. The same guy does a little radio show today, btw.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/22/12 - 07:49 am
Good shot RM

You are so good at getting 2 birds with 1 shot...:)

btw...have you ever wanted to shower with teen boys...& is that normal for a coach to shower with boys after practice.....just asking..

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/22/12 - 07:51 am
When Congressional candidate

When Congressional candidate Lee Anderson has his next get together he ought to play on the fact some want to make out he's a redneck farmer. He should show up wearing overalls and a straw hat. Maybe give away free tomatoes and water melons. Watch him win this thing the way the others are playing so mean with each other.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/22/12 - 07:54 am
SB4...ha...nope. By the way

SB4...ha...nope. By the way when I played football the coaches would NEVER shower with us. That was totally not done.

The Sandusky scandal makes me ashame to say I have a degree from that yankee infested school, Penn State, after this horrendous cover-up. THEY knew about him for a long time and tried to hide it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/22/12 - 08:01 am
Charleston??

A Charleston SC boy at Penn state......what happened ....SC not good enough feryee?

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/22/12 - 08:04 am
When the Army is educating

When the Army is educating you, youz doos whats they sez and goez where they tell ya.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/22/12 - 08:09 am
Funny thing when I was up

Funny thing when I was up there at Penn St, I was kind of a fill in cheerleader thing once. Well, I was throwing those little footballs up in the stands. They needed people who could throw the things is the truth of the matter, so I put on a Penn St T-shirt and threw balls at those yankees. I wonder if I could stretch that and say I was a quarterback at Penn State?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/22/12 - 08:11 am
I understand

Today I will be kinda busy.....I bought Shades of Grey & ehh ...after reading a few pages...eehhh....I see this book will take my FULL attention....soooo I will be tied up sorta --kinda--maybe--for a spell.....the clerk told me she bought it for her 82 year ole mom & she couldn't put it down.......so ....maybe I need to learn how to write a novel like that....shrimp where are you??? We could write together..:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/22/12 - 08:12 am
RM, B4

Do you know what happened to RetireArmy. I haven't seen in a few weeks?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/22/12 - 08:14 am
Haha

If you were running for Sheriff you could use that in your resume....funny but it is hard to imagine YOU with a cheerleader skirt on...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/22/12 - 08:15 am
That would actually make a good tip.

Thinking about how I did it in the military might be good advice for some young person thinking of entering the service. I discovered if you could pass tests, they would send you to dang near any kind of school there was. So I got to be a real good test taker. Going to school beat working in the motor pool. I wouldn't get lazy on those things. I mean if you pass the test they'll probably send you to astronaut training if you want.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/22/12 - 08:17 am
RA

Might be on vacation CGee....don't think he is on timeout..

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/22/12 - 08:17 am
CG, no idea. Maybe he got so

CG, no idea. Maybe he got so many points his screenname sunk or something?

SB4, a friend just read all 3 volumes of 50 Shades. Heh, heh, heh.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/22/12 - 08:19 am
CGee

Do you miss me on here like you do RA.....just wondering..:)

Khan'tB4Real
Khan'tB4Real 06/22/12 - 08:28 am
Missing in action?

BTW where has CSRAguy been? He's been awfully quiet on here too.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/22/12 - 08:28 am
B4

I would go into a major Depression if you left........................

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/22/12 - 08:30 am
CU

Will be back.....Can't disappoint the Downers.