Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHAT’S WITH attorneys? First we had John Edwards getting off, and then Joe Neal just getting basically a slap on the wrist for his misadventures. You can imagine if it were John Doe on trial there would be outrage if he got what Neal received. Where is the justice?

RAVE FOR ALL the dancers at the Kane recital; very well done. A rant for those running it: How do you go from three hours to five?

WE DO NOT NEED a multimillion-dollar mayor. We need a mayor who can relate to middle-class working people!

RANT FOR SCOTT Peebles and Elaine Johnson. I am tired of seeing these signs all over town popping up.

TO THE PEOPLE who run PBS: TV commercials would be a lot less annoying than the nonstop fundraiser that you do now to get funding.

RANT TO THE Depart­ment of Labor. I was waiting to be called and had to suffer listening to a rude woman repeatedly degrade everyone, including one of her co-workers who rightfully put her in her place. She is the rudest person I have ever seen working in a public place. She was rude to a young man who came in with dreadlocks, asking him where did he think he was going to find a job with his hair like that. Doesn’t she know that a lot of the top leaders in the country, both male and female, have natural hairstyles?

THERE IS NOTHING wrong with Berckmans Road; leave it alone!

I JUST HAVE TO SAY to the man from the Sprint store by the mall – you were wonderful to help that older lady who was trying to leave through the entrance. She must have made a mistake and he was out there directing her and the traffic so she could back up. He was so kind and patient. It made me very happy.

THANK YOU for sponsoring Dancing Stars of Augusta. Thank you, dancers, for your hard work. Thank you, Alz­heimer’s Association of Augusta, for organizing this event.

IT’S RAINING AND there is 4 inches of water in my yard. The drain and drainage ditch I call about 3 or 4 times a year is clogged and our houses are going to flood again. Utilities said to call RCCI. RCCI has prisoners to work on these drains when it’s raining. Why not work on them when it is not raining?

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 06/19/12 - 09:55 pm
To the last rant:

If it were my home about to be flooded, I'd be out there doing whatever it took to secure it. Would that be unfair to me; isn't that someone else's responsibility? Yes. Yes to both.

But my house would be dry.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 06/19/12 - 10:01 pm
To the first rant:

If it were John Doe, it wouldn't make the news, at least on the front pages. As our system of justice is groaning under its burden of senile, lazy, and incompetent jurists, I suspect a Mr. Doe would never make it to court; he'd be able to plea bargain down to a ticket for littering.

Just sayn'

countyman
countyman 06/20/12 - 01:08 am
Subway is opening at 3024

Subway is opening at 3024 Peach Orchard rd in South Augusta.. South Augusta may not be attracting the same amount new restaurants and retail like West Augusta, CBD, Summerville/Midtown, or Southwest Augusta.. The area is growing, but needs the Target, Chick Fil A, Ruby Tuesday, etc shopping center... The new infrastructure after the I-520/Deans Bridge rd/Gordon Hwy project finishes should help speed things up...

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/20/12 - 02:40 am
Observations from the road

Greece says it's our fault they are having financial difficulties.

The Emperor says everything is Bush's fault.

The criminal says it isn't his fault, he had a rough childhood.

The parents say it's the school systems fault little Susie can't behave in school.

Same parents say it's because of the trash on TV now little Susie is pregnant at 16 and doesn't know who daddy is.

I guess that means it isn't my fault I am not a rich man. It's Troubles fault. She didn't stop me from buying my daughter a dependable car to get to college and work. It's Seenit's fault. She didn't make me finish college when I had the chance. It's CG's fault. He didn't make me join the Army right out of high school so I could have retired before the arthritis forced me to take a medical discharge. Wow, it's really easy to blame other people for MY own mistakes... I feel so much better now.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/20/12 - 02:42 am
Apologizes to those who I

Apologizes to those who I mentioned.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/20/12 - 02:53 am
And good morning to all the

And good morning to all the rest of the bunch

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/20/12 - 04:07 am
RK, pretty good musings this

RK, pretty good musings this morning. I think we are always thinking what if...all through life.

carcraft
carcraft 06/20/12 - 04:31 am
RM-Obama doesn't have to

RM-Obama doesn't have to think what if, Obama has done every thing so perfectly no blame can be laid, if it doesn't work it is Bush's fault, congresses fault, the Repulicans fault even the citizzen's fault..But Obama is perfect!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/20/12 - 04:55 am
Good AM America, AC Friends & Point Giving TSDs.

Yes carcraft, The King SMNCICBHO is so perfect that I now am having doubts that I am believing in the wrong GOD.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/20/12 - 05:01 am
Ok with me RKill

You can muse with my name if you want to.......I wanted you to finish college...that is true.....but now I notice that you are smarter than some grads .......at least you are well balanced with good common sense.......& you see the world as it really is....btw you are well liked on here by MANY!!!

Good am troublemakers--

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/20/12 - 05:36 am
I'm Off To See

the results of my sleep test taken Mon, I just can't wait to see the X-rated video tapes they took will I was having my REM's. I know they will be worth some money.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/20/12 - 05:39 am
While I'm Gone

I know my TSDs friends can get me over the 8 mark.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/20/12 - 06:21 am
Cgee...try these

You will have to forget politics & just listen to this soothing music....

Khan'tB4Real
Khan'tB4Real 06/20/12 - 08:03 am
Heard it thru the grapevine

That Roundtree & Peebles were on a local radio station yesterday and that Roundtree gave Peebles a run for his money & had him backtracking when Roundtree had statistics from an ASU professor showing that all the big talk about how much the "operations" designed & orchestrated by the Captain has not lowered the crime rate not one iota.

I guess someone shouldn't be making idle threats to other candidates that all they have to do is "push a button" if any more stink comes out about them.

Good Morning to all

Khan'tB4Real
Khan'tB4Real 06/20/12 - 08:05 am
Also noted

Some of the local voters did not realize that the "Econo Lodge Free-for-all" happened 17 YEARS AGO!

Some have a history that is MUCH MORE RECENT than that. Hmmmm ... very, very interesting indeed.

allhans
allhans 06/20/12 - 10:20 am
Obama has declared the

Obama has declared Hispanics (by his ruling on the illegals) as his new base.
Too many of his previous supporters have flown the coop, they have seen the truth and made a decision.

Cal Thomas said this morning, if the illegals who will be joining the lines of unemployed looking for jobs can't find work, then do they receive food stamps and welfare?

Is this taking from those who need it most?

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 06/20/12 - 08:16 am
Wow!!

South Augusta is getting a Subway???? Just a matter of time before Target sees this as a reason to build in South Augusta. You are kidding right? Until the City stops using all the tax digest from the people of South Augusta to build West Augusta and Downtown up nothing is going to come to South Augusta but fast food places and title loan places.

David Parker
David Parker 06/20/12 - 08:26 am
Candidate sign rant. At the

Candidate sign rant. At the Greenjackets game last week. Silas signs were everywhere around the bbq pit / building as we drove in. When we left, they were gone. Rave to any candidate that doesn't just plant those babies everywhere and leave them.

PBS fund-raising vs. commercials - idk, seems like a big long commercial to me. I don't see much gain either way.

To the sprint guy. Well done Sir!

@ Countyman, South Augusta needs more Megalomarts.

@ River, you sound like you're quoting Hopper in "Apocalypse Now"

See yall on the battlefield...

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/20/12 - 08:30 am

Thank you & good am to B4real & allhans....

A piece of news this am in Gwinnett county that makes me happy.....Walmart has opened the first Neighborhood Market store in this area.....they will have locally grown produce .....not so much tv-car parts & etc... but who cares.....this is good news for local growers & families.......imagine that.....maybe our rants are making a difference to the big company....it is aout time!!!!

the article says people are already checking with them ....anxious for the grand opening...

hi Parker!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/20/12 - 08:32 am
countyman

Get walmart to open a Neighborhood Market in South Augusta---why doncha ya......& I will give you a thumbs up everyday!

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 06/20/12 - 09:32 am
dear ranter #6, you need to

dear ranter #6,

you need to wake up, being rude is one thing, but she was absolutely right in asking the young man "where he would think he would get a job with dreadlocks" just because you choose a "natural" hairstyle" that you will be "entitled" to be hired, seems to me you are in the unemployment office for a reason (haven't been working a lot). in this day and age it is hard enuff to get hired "having dreadlocks/natural" hairstyle will make it harder. if he were to join the military he would have to get his natural/dreadlocks cut...but i guess you would think that is "racist" as well. lady most of the leaders you are probably refering to are rappers, pro athletes, actors/actresses, and glorified criminals (such as the late tookie williams)..oh and by the way the president doesn't have dreadlocks....you should stop watching so much BET and other black reality shows

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/20/12 - 10:53 am
What!

only 2 downers...Well lets try this.

Yesterday King SMNCIBHO with Vladimir Putin said he felt that the Russian Premire was against genocide...Yep, Russia supplying Syria with helocopeter gun ships, sending destroyers to Syria and given finaching support.

This Putin now own's the King and might just as well put a bull nose ring in his nose and lead him around like a new puppy being house trained.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/20/12 - 09:53 am
Press Conference without Teleprompter.

Here is a small exert from that conference.

Hum I ah ta ekaah ta I em ah yaa I oaa aao I uh.

Beautiful speech from our American Leader!

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/20/12 - 09:56 am
Presidential coverup.

Well, I see Obama just did a coverup to protect Holder.....and maybe himself. Executive privilege.....because the truth is embarrassing.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/20/12 - 10:00 am
Wealth Envy

The Liberals out there are screaming that the sails boats are scaring the birds and will kill them because they have to flap their wings to get out of the way.

It isn't the birds they are complaining about, it is the very very expensive sail boats who are own by very very rich Americans that they want to be eliminated.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/20/12 - 10:57 am
Here's A Good One

The state of Colorado is now offering 1/2 college tuition for all Illegal Immigrants...Ok, American young ones, denounce your citizenship and get your education at a real good price.

Only in America!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/20/12 - 04:37 pm
Robbery

A lady reported to the police that her purse was stolen.....

$700.00 dollar purse.
$400.00 dollar wallet.
$800.00 in cash.

and

her EBT Cards

I am so glad my hard earned tax money are helping out those that need help!

allhans
allhans 06/20/12 - 10:26 am
CG. I have to get me one of those cards

Have you noticed that Obama speaks 4 words and then pauses. The dumbo that interrupted him claims that the president hesitated so long that he (the dumbo) thought he had finished. Sounds logical to me... I am surprised the reporter was still awake though.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/20/12 - 10:50 am
I never in my life time did I

I never in my life time did I ever believe that America would produce so many UN-intelligent humans. How wrong I am!

arkeeper
arkeeper 06/20/12 - 10:56 am
what a difference being High Profile makes

Richard Allen Graves is serving 25 yrs with no possibility of parole.His crime? He touched a young lady. No rape- no sex whatsoever. He merely touched her and was found guilty of that. No mention of a plea deal at all and was miserably failed by the local justice system. His was not a high profile case. Guess which attorney gladly took the last dime this man had for a defense and has done nothing? You guessed it! Pete Theodocian!

Carl Jackson to be honoree at Mayor's Masters Reception

Augusta native Carl Jackson, who has caddied in a record 53 Masters Tournaments, was selected on Thursday to be the honoree of this year's Mayor's Masters Reception on April 6, the Monday of ...