Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

I’M AT THE BELL Auditorium for Dancing Stars Augusta. I’m FREEZING!!

HUGE RAVE TO Bill Kirby for his entertaining columns, particularly the one on summer traveling. He took me every mile of the way!

RAVES TO THE Augusta Cares hotline. What a great resource.

WISCONSIN GOV. SCOTT Walker remains in office after being only the third governor in American history subjected to the humiliation of a recall; his divisive agenda has been stopped cold.

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT even Bill Clinton knows Obama is in way over his head and is hurting this country. Wake up everyone, especially you Democrats.

BIG RAVE TO Gold Cross. Your great article about their new heart devices have been the talk of my prayer group. We are so thankful to see this type of technology brought to our area.

TO THE PERSON WHO ranted about the banners downtown for Gay Pride: It is not a choice to be gay. Why would anyone want to have a life where they are hated and judged day in and day out?

OIL PRICES HAVE fallen; gas prices have fallen. So why are we still paying between $4 and $5 for a quart of oil at the automotive retailers? Come on!

THE CIA WAS SET UP to do secret stuff, yet we see headlines reading, “CIA steps up strikes in Pakistan.” When did headlines become “secret?”

countyman
countyman 06/19/12 - 12:25 am
GGHF, Corporate Park, airport, riverfront, South Aug, Hephzibah

A big rave to the city of Augusta for continuing to grow up... Too bad some of the citizens living here are content with the status quo, and don't want to leap out of the pack(Greenville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Charleston, Columbia, Winston Salem, Durham, Greensboro, Hunstville, Jackson, Little Rock, etc)...

There's a great article on Augusta (Metro Jacksonville) from a few months ago... Somebody at Harvard recognized the Laney Walker/Bethlehem Development, and now people living in Jacksonville(a metro over 1 million) notice the potential of Augusta... Augusta is knowed around the US/World, and the University of Augusta is clearly the best name for the new university...

If people forgot the Decatur Avondale Estates Patch ran a feature story on Augusta(mostly the CBD) last year... Decatur is the liberal yuppie city, and I thought Augusta was supposed to be real backwards, ultra conservative, etc lol... I guess were more progressive than some people actually give us credit for...

wildman
wildman 06/19/12 - 03:36 am
Gov. Walker

I think the ranter is 100% wrong, the people voted and he and his policies are standing tall in Wisconsin. Good for him and the people of Wisonsin, they will no longer be bullied by union money.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/19/12 - 04:15 am
Gov. Walker

Talk about revisionist history, Gov. Walker wins by a wide margin and that's bad for him and conservativism? Heh, heh, heh. The next recall is going to be at the White House in November.

copperhead
copperhead 06/19/12 - 05:04 am
hussein just got the 24

hussein just got the 24 million latino votes not to mention the 10+ million write-in votes from mexico. a kenyan elected by mexico to be the president.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/19/12 - 05:50 am
Longer life!!

Be thankful you have this place to come & jab......we are actually increasing your life span.....& you are welcome!

Hello CSRA.......honeybees-troublemakers--oldies but goodies--& all the rest of yall.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/19/12 - 05:58 am
Rant says

I agree...we do not need to know EVERYTHING!! It seems in todays world "some" want credit & the news could get some cia killed.....keep their actions under the radar please.....do we hear what Russias cia is doing??

Yeh....ole Bill Clinton is talking a lot.......heheh...he wants to be President again soooo muuuucchh...kinda reminds me of RM when he was on timeout from here...heh heh

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/19/12 - 06:17 am
countyman

Nice link about Augusta (day tripper)....I have been giving you more thumbs up lately.....:)

Trouble
Trouble 06/19/12 - 06:47 am
Morning

morning all

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/19/12 - 07:06 am
Good am trouble

I wish I could stay & play but no can do today....

Headlines in the AJC..

Sandusky friends defend him..(say what!!)

J C Penney top man is out---sales slipping away

Taliban blocks shots for polio---dumb butts

Asain immigration surges in US

Builders hopes at 5 year high---I hope so too

Time to move on immigration reform---no joke sherlock!

seeya later

David Parker
David Parker 06/19/12 - 08:06 am
Thumbing

I notice that I never "Thumb Down" anyone. Even the raving GOP with there cutesy "emporer, communist, kenyan (ty Copper, forgot that one), etc" monikers.

Point is, I simply mention my lack of hatred toward the man elected to run our country and everyone turns into Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator. I guess I think of it Kharmically. Just nothing in the r/r's to raz me enough today. Have a great day page oners.

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/19/12 - 08:17 am
Gov. Walker stopped????

Ranter #4 ...... is it drugs or kool aid that induces this alternative reality in which you seem to be living?

The Arabs have been getting rid of dictators for the last year or so. Like RM said, this Novermber we will have another recall to oust our own little dictator.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/19/12 - 08:36 am
Good one

soapy, good one and very true. "I, me, my kids, my father, my husband, my education........."

Dudeness
Dudeness 06/19/12 - 08:40 am
Walker recall

I had to read that rant multiple times and still can not figure out the logic behind that statement.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/19/12 - 08:49 am
Morning AC & America

Just got back from the sleeping test, took an hour to get the gunk out of my hair and have a sore back from sleeping on what they called a mattress.

Have lots of things to do today So I will Not have Me around much because My Grand Girl will have the puter. As a Father and Husband, my Educates common sense tell me to do some of My work that My park needs......you all have fun.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 06/19/12 - 08:59 am
Thumbs down; the grading

Thumbs down; the grading process assigned to comments, designed to identify the opposition! Just think....if we all agreed on everything, there would be no need for this system at all. However, as long as there are opposites (which will be forever), there will always be thumbs up, and thumbs down! Frankly, I would like to see these thumbs disappear! Most folks here are able to let their opinions be well recognized!

Bruno
Bruno 06/19/12 - 09:00 am
Rant 7

People choose to live lives that make them judged all the time. Saying that people wouldn't choose a behavior because they will be "hated and judged" all the time is to ignore basic human behavior. This isn't to say that being gay is a choice or that they are born that way. It is simply pointing out the flaw in your argument. Personally, I don't care one way or the other if a person is gay.

Jane18
Jane18 06/19/12 - 09:02 am
Ditto Dudeness

I too, could not get that R&R together in my thinking..................

daphne3520
daphne3520 06/19/12 - 09:31 am
Rant # 1

Try going to Krystals on Martintown Road, N.A. at 7 - 8 in the morning. NO employee has enough intelligence to lower the A/C!!!!!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 06/19/12 - 09:49 am
Wouldn't we love to know the

Wouldn't we love to know the "down thumber's?" :)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/19/12 - 10:08 am
Jim

If you watch it closely, you can identify 90% of the TSDs. What is really bad is, not one of those TSDs who give the downer will ever come back and say, hey you idiot, I gave you that downer because.........Remember, you can't offend me.

Sean, don't poo-can any that call me an idiot or stupid, Speaking for my case only.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/19/12 - 10:07 am
Go Market...Go.

Go Market...Go.

David Parker
David Parker 06/19/12 - 10:09 am
7 thumbs down for my comment.

7 thumbs down for my comment. Love every cotton-pickin one of you. Never change HAH!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/19/12 - 10:15 am
It's the TSDs

That have given me my rating, so I can't complain. By the way, I give very few downers, only those that are living in this flat earth.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/19/12 - 10:16 am
Back to what I love to

Back to what I love to do..Work.

allhans
allhans 06/19/12 - 11:50 am
Yep!

Yep!

allhans
allhans 06/19/12 - 11:53 am
Did any of you see the Angela

Did any of you see the Angela Mitchell, MSNBC downright ugly edited version of Mitt Romney talking about having a hoagie Wawa?
UN-be-liev-able.

Gage Creed
19483
Gage Creed 06/19/12 - 02:10 pm
logically speaking.... if you

logically speaking.... if you are cold and you lower the thermostat....it will get colder...this is true no matter if you are on Martintowne Road, if it is in the AM or the PM. Bless your Heart

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/19/12 - 02:59 pm
sleeping test cgee??

I could give you a few pointers on that cgee,......can't put them all on here though....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/19/12 - 03:01 pm
nice relaxing bath massage pm

nice relaxing bath
massage
pm med
soothing music
hot toddy
a good book
foot rub

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/19/12 - 03:44 pm
#1. I feel your pain! I was

#1. I feel your pain! I was there for a concert a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty chilly.

If any of you folks are cold natured, take a sweater. I was OK, but my wife was freezing. We finally moved to a couple of open seats higher up.