Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

FOR THOSE OF YOU who did not attend Yanni’s concert, you missed the opportunity to see and hear this wonderful world-class orchestra. Yanni is better than ever. It is a shame that all the seats were not filled. They will come back. Don’t miss it.

AS A COLUMBIA COUNTY taxpayer: Instead of having all the high schools hold their graduations at the James Brown Arena, why don’t the schools have their graduations at their own schools, as was done for years when I was growing up?

ON MAY 24, the Augusta area lost a beloved member with the passing of Mrs. Katherine Cooper Hopkins, better known as “Mama Kitty.” She was one of a kind and touched the lives of everyone who had the privilege of knowing her. Mama Kitty was always generous with her love, friendship, hospitality, humor and kindness. It was an honor to know this beautiful lady who will live on in our hearts. God bless Mama Kitty!

WHILE OBAMA IS clearly the bigger crook, both big political parties continually harp about “creating jobs” when government is incapable of creating a reasonable and profit-making job. The only thing government can do is cut the regulations and let America’s private enterprise run itself. The jobs will then appear, but not because of what government does, rather because of what government does NOT do.

MIKE HUNT’S BUDDIES rule Jackson, Beech Island and New Ellen­ton. If you are a victim of crime you have no recourse because of those with an “in.”

RAVE FOR THE Yanni concert at the Bell Auditorium! To think Augus­ta could have someone who is this famous all around the world sends chills. The quality of the music was a once-in-a-lifetime listening experience. Also, the Bell staff was tops in their service and help. A great job for a great artist!

copperhead
copperhead 06/15/12 - 09:47 pm
Why not ask the 16 to 30 year

Why not ask the 16 to 30 year old LEGAL citizens that are out of work how they feel about having hundreds of thousands of previously ILLEGAL out of work workers added to their ranks?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 06/16/12 - 01:18 am
California Blues

Jimmie Rodgers composed the song, and Merle Haggard had a 1969 hit with a cover.

Verse
Well I’m goin’ to California where they sleep out ev’ry night.
I’m goin’ to California where they sleep out ev’ry night.
I’m leavin’ you, mama, ’cause you know you don’t treat me right.

Chorus
I got the California blues and I’m sure gonna leave you here.
I got the California blues and I’m sure gonna leave you here.
I may ride the blinds; I ain’t got no railroad fare.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now, I'll leave it up to you intrepid R&R fans to Google "ride the blinds" and enlighten readers with it's meaning.

allmostgone
allmostgone 06/16/12 - 07:56 am
And you fools wanted YOBAMA

And you fools wanted YOBAMA now look what your getting the very thing I've been telling you. Enjoy your Muslim world and your little brown Mexicans. FOOLS FOOLS FOOLS

allmostgone
allmostgone 06/16/12 - 08:03 am
95% OF ILLEGALS HERE ARE 30

95% OF ILLEGALS HERE ARE 30 AND UNDER AND THAT'S ABOUT 300 MILLION NOT 12 MILLION AS THE GOVERNMENT CLAIMS, THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT OR WHO'S IN THIS COUNTRY THEY TO WORRIED ABOUT STICKING IT TO THE AMERICANS TAX PAYERS.WELCOME ALL TO YOUR NEW 3RD WORLD COUNTRY
ID GETS.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/16/12 - 08:40 am
LL, have fun in California. I

LL, have fun in California. I spent a week in Haight-Asbury, I'll never forget. Heh. I know you are not riding the blinds, though. Rich person you are.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/16/12 - 08:43 am
I hope y'all jump on the

I hope y'all jump on the thread about Richmond County buying the mobile fingerprint scanners. Those without ID can be fingerprinted by officers. I see that as a stop towards a government controlled police state. So a jogger, passengers in a car, people walking down the street can be stopped without cause and fingerprinted simply because they don't have some kind of ID?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/16/12 - 09:20 am
Coool here

Nice sleeping here with 62 degrees....nice breezeeeee......what were you saying RM.....
how many coffees ....:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/16/12 - 09:27 am
Really drop

Did the crime really drop or just stats not in the real world.......some just don't report every little thing anymore......
Just like the school stats.....how accurate were they....just saying...

Where are the troublemakers this am??

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/16/12 - 09:37 am
hummingbird heaven

Sooo many birds in the mountains.....neeed more coffee....wake up folks!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/16/12 - 09:39 am
B4

On another thread.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/16/12 - 09:46 am
Nice to see my secretary and

Nice to see my secretary and board social director SB4 show up. Things are always under control when she's around.

CG, how do you feel about the fingerprinting?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/16/12 - 09:54 am
100% for it.

Why should you have to worry about it if you follow the 10 Commandments. I have nothing to hid.....some may...even the King SMNCICBHO.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/16/12 - 09:56 am
Hiring

It sure would help hiring workers.....Saves a lot of trouble in the future.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/16/12 - 10:12 am
I need a raise!!!

Your social/business needs are taking up 1/2 of my day.....thank goodness you are baaccckkkk!

Good am sweet CGEE....wish you 2 guys were here with us....we could fish all day!

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/16/12 - 10:37 am
CG, I just think it's to much

CG, I just think it's too much of a police state when they can make anyone, at anytime who doesn't have ID submit to fingerprints. So do you carry ID when you are using your tractor? I mean there could be many situations where people don't carry ID. If the law by inference is everyone must have ID, why not just put chips in everyone?

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/16/12 - 10:16 am
SeenIt, sounds like fun. My

SeenIt, sounds like fun. My son will be here soon and I'm going to grill ribeyes, booze it up a little and when I get good and right, jump in the pool.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/16/12 - 10:20 am
Chips are coming

I can see that coming one day ....why not.....gps does the same thing already....cell phones....we have cameras everywhere.....why are you so worried RM?? :):)
We keep up with you on here all the time....Sean knows more about you than you can even imagine...heh heh

info. on this lake in Hiawassee ga----niiice

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/16/12 - 10:21 am
From today's

From today's Chronicle:

Crime is down nation wide? We must mobilize and demand the removal of the President. How dare he make America safer and deny Mitt Romney and the Republican Party a talking point. Why that's tantamount to cutting off another of their "Freedums".

Ms Johnson must be one of them biased "Liberul" media reporters that the Augusta Chronicle is so fond of hiring.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/16/12 - 10:27 am
RA

I do not believe that crime is down......stats are whatever they want them to be at a certain time....

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 06/16/12 - 10:39 am
Ride the Blinds

"Riding The blinds" is a term used todescribe the area between cars of a passenger train that has a canvas covering. Most folks my age may recall this first hand. I sure do!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/16/12 - 10:39 am
Stakeouts

Stakeouts worked in the past & they could work again.....the punks never knew where the police were staking out.....made a big difference ...
When we get the dang jobs back here where they belong......things will get better......I really watch & read the labels when I buy anything....& I hope yall do too........little things can make a diffrence .....also we buy more fresh veggies now.....& that is a good thing for our health too.

North Ga has many roadside stands with good home grown veggies....most people in these hills have gardens to die for.....beautiful!

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/16/12 - 10:42 am
Who me worried? Heh, heh,

Who me worried? Heh, heh, heh. I'm paranoid since they got the guy growing marijuana in his garage with the thermal imaging. I heat my garage in the winter so I can play naked. Heh..swear I'm losing it. Not THAT IT.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/16/12 - 10:50 am
Sarge

Good am Sarge...:)

Run Freddie run.....

Have a great morning....i have to get grill ready for steaks too....:):)

one day we can possibly get all together.......have a steak fest with good ole country music & even invite some of our lib friends on here.....the ones with a sense of humor........there is a big community center here that would hold all of yall younguns....maybe we will think about that for this fall .....but ya gotta like country music or least tolerate it!!

seeya later today...

get off those fat pocketbooks & build a civic center in Columbia county.....yall have the bucks---use them---

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 06/16/12 - 10:49 am
Good morning to AC posters!

Good morning to AC posters! As for the portable finger print technology, why worry? Us Military folk have had fingerprints on file since we took our oaths to support and defend our country against all enemies. I don't think we will become a "police state" in our lifetime. If I'm wrong, and we become a police state, I'm moving in with CobaltGeotge!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 06/16/12 - 10:51 am
I'm all for it, SB4! Name the

I'm all for it, SB4! Name the day, time, and hopefully the place will be out at "Cobalt Park & Pavilion."

Jane18
Jane18 06/16/12 - 11:16 am
Fingerprinting

I'm with Cobalt and Sarge, I have no problem whatsoever with fingerprinting. My background and "conscience" are clear!

KSL
KSL 06/16/12 - 11:20 am
And a little target practice

And a little target practice maybe.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 06/16/12 - 11:22 am
Thanks, Jane! Many look at

Thanks, Jane! Many look at this as another step toward a police state. Only criminals need to worry. Those of us who choose to abide by the law, can cross this off the list of things to worry about.

Khan'tB4Real
Khan'tB4Real 06/16/12 - 11:31 am
RM1 & SeenIt ... remember the

RM1 & SeenIt ... remember the party doesn't start until I get there!

On the stats ... when a investigator gets a victim to DPT that number is not included. So the numbers are inaccurate.

Also I'm on another thread being my usual informative self. Sincerely, Chief Know-It-All ... lol

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/16/12 - 11:34 am
RM 10:37

I feel with the lose Judicial system we have today, the immigration problem and the Dead Beat Fathers that are running around free today, the LE would would have a better chance arresting those that are escaping the law, Locating Sex offenders, Bond Jumpers, Individuals with Bench warrants and definitely the "undocumented workers". The ID law would have to be written so that invasion of private homes would have to have a warrant issue with probable cause. You all know I would never accept a Police State America, ask my few AR-15's for an answer.

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms