Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

FIRST, AND USING LOUSY REASONS, the power grabbers merge colleges. Then in no time they turn around and, again with lousy reasons, split some off. They use completely undefined terms for their reasons, terms like “focused instruction” and “a sense of identity.” What?! Can’t the teachers ID themselves? And “integrate learning.” Goodness, no one uses a term that expresses any clarity. So the only clarity is to look for who profits from all this confusing nonsense? Not the students. Ask yourself, who gets more power or more money?

RANT TO CAR DEALERS WHO say “call for price.” As a buyer, that makes me think that they have different prices for different groups of customers. Raves to the honest ones that establish a fair price and let you make up your mind.

I’VE VOTED FOR AND thought Mayor Copenhaver was a good mayor. But he has made a serious mistake by aligning himself with those Northern liberal Democrats. On the surface being against illegal guns sounds good. In actuality, those Northern liberal Democrats are anti-gun, period. I know; I’m originally from up there and still have family up there. It is very difficult to own a handgun in New York. Rather than properly punish (execute) people who commit felonies with guns, the Democrats would deprive citizens with the ability to defend themselves. Statistically, the vast majority of citizens who own guns legally never commit crimes with them. Democrats, punish the guilty and leave the rest of us alone.

A BIG RAVE FOR SHALONDRA at the KFC in Evans. We drive out of our way to go to that one because Shalondra is such a delight. She epitomizes customer service and knows how to put everyone in a good mood. Plus, Shalondra makes sure the buffet is always well stocked and fresh.

ARE THOSE PEOPLE THAT opened OUR doors and screamed that they are going to cut trash service in half or raise the taxes the same folks that closed OUR doors and voted themselves a raise?

Jake
Jake 06/09/12 - 08:35 pm
Guns

Like anyone is really limiting gun ownership in the USA. You can buy more weapons in this country than you would ever use.
Shalondra sounds like a very nice person and has a very nice sounding name.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 06/09/12 - 08:56 pm
Hi, Jake

I could not figure out how to E-mail you from the Chronicle web site. Do you remember a few days ago when you offered to tell Augustans planning to visit the Bay Area about some off-the-beaten-track ideas to visit on vacation?

Well, what a coincidence, my spouse and I plan to be in the Bay Area for four days beginning a week from Sunday. You can click on my screen name and when you get to my profile, there should be a button to send an E-mail via the Chronicle. If they've removed that feature, then you could just mention the places to visit here for everyone to see.

Hoping to hear from you.

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/10/12 - 06:01 am
Definitley Scoma's on the

Definitley Scoma's on the waterfront. Their Pasta Diplomatica is huge and to die for. Seven different kinds of shellfish, linquini and a great Alfredo garlic sauce, served with a crisp romaine salad and tons of San Francisco Sourdough bread a good house white wine optional.

Afterwards walk it off visting the street tourist traps up and down the pier-maybe have the guy squash a penny for you and then to the Ghiradelli chocolate factory for the best hot fudge sundae in the world. All with in short walking distance and a cable car ride.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/10/12 - 12:38 am
KFC in Evans?

That KFC is closed, which tells you how far behind the AC is on R&R. Interesting considering the number of reruns...

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/10/12 - 12:43 am
#1

Welcome to corporate/pc speak. When I became a manger some years ago, I felt I was learning a new language.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/10/12 - 12:46 am
#2

They don't have different prices. When you call, it is like getting a bite on a fishing line. They just need to keep you nibbling until they can set the hook.

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/10/12 - 06:00 am
Punday Jun 10th

England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool .

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/12 - 07:27 am
Hello CSRA

For Roadkill this am....

For Cgee this am....Stock Market had best week all year!

For JohnBA .....Snooki has some nude pics online....ck it out!

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/10/12 - 07:40 am
I'm ashamed to admit I even

I'm ashamed to admit I even know who Snooki is. I get US magazine somehow and it keeps me up to date with Snooki, Kardashian and Co. I mean the things just started coming in the mail about twice a week. I look at the pictures and read the captions. I have no doubt none of them know who Joe Biden is.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/12 - 07:54 am
JBA

I have to give you credit...you keep this place interesting.....:)

I wish AC would just put a banner out promoting "their" candidate for a certain Richmond county political office...& be done with IT!!

Kinda reminds of the song....How many--how many I really don't want to know......in other words how many times can you say his name on here!!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/10/12 - 07:56 am
Darn Rain

No golf today.................

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/12 - 07:58 am
How many...:)

Just for AC....

well maybe for Cgee too since he is taking that "med" now.......& I do want to know about sweetie CGee :):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/12 - 08:12 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/10/12 - 08:13 am
Good Morning America

Your Right B4, a very very good stock market week.
I am on the way to Aiken to put in a door for my Son, so I will only post the following News that never will be in the news. (Off Topic)

Obama Planning to Use Executive Orders for Martial Law --
Did you know that Barack Hussein Obama has signed over NINE HUNDRED Executive Orders in only 40 months?
And did you know... over a DOZEN of those Executive Orders allow Obama to declare MARTIAL LAW... at will?

Just take a look at some of these Executive Orders that Barack Obama is reported to have signed:

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen-year period.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
It's more and more obvious that Barack Obama is preparing to DECLARE MARTIAL LAW --

Ain't he just the best we have ever had? I'll be back for the rest of the News.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/12 - 08:22 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/12 - 08:25 am
anotherday

said this...

You are sooo right...& when they don't want to answer a question...they say----"I'm not at liberty to say"

hahah.....dipping & diving.....:)

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/10/12 - 08:36 am
Little help

Thanks B4.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/12 - 10:18 am
Running for President

When I see Gov Mitch Daniels & Gov Walker on tv ...I think...gosh ..wish they were running for President.......sigh....

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 06/10/12 - 10:51 am
#2

Advertising ploy for suckers like "going out for business sales" and "All credit applications accepted."

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/12 - 01:01 pm
Madonna

Madonna is still going for the shock feature in her tours....flashing skin again.....for crying out loud woman you are in your 50s now.....give it up!

rcuteri
rcuteri 06/10/12 - 01:23 pm
Cobalt George

CG posted a long list of executive orders, claiming they were signed by President Obama, just after this statement:
---

---
So, I googled the first one, and found this:

John F. Kennedy
Executive Order 10990
February 2, 1962

Read more at the American Presidency Project: John F. Kennedy: Executive Order 10990

____ since the first one was such a blatant lie, I didn't see any point in checking the rest of the list.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/12 - 03:46 pm
About Cobalt!

Stop picking on Cgee....my friend...

Most of us on here could use a break...thank you..

only for you girl!

allhans
allhans 06/10/12 - 02:28 pm
Are we now down to a two man

Are we now down to a two man race? Dem against Dem.. A run-off with Roundtree and Peebles?

boodroe
1940
boodroe 06/10/12 - 05:46 pm
Down to a 2 man race

Did you forget 2 Republicans qualifed on their primary side so there will be a general election for sheriff and if the dems have a runoff will they be tired of a 3rd contest. Deke endorsed Peebles does that scare anyone?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 06/10/12 - 06:58 pm
rcuteri, did it ever occur to

rcuteri, did it ever occur to you that CobaltGeorge could have erred? Geeze, PBO has made more than enough errors to call him out! Don't be so quick on the draw, and use the AC as it is intended, fun and funner!

Jake
Jake 06/10/12 - 07:04 pm
@Little Lamb

I clicked on your name but there is no link for contact. I will try and hook up with you online here when I see that you are posting. I have a few questions for you.

Khan'tB4Real
Khan'tB4Real 06/10/12 - 07:58 pm
Republican candidates

I think it's great that two candidates for sheriff are Republican. Why? Because if there WAS any truth in what Austin Rhodes said about Sanders just being a "plant" to ensure Roundtree doesn't get elected then that puts a big ole monkey wrench in that, doesn't it? And if Roundtree is not eligible to run then we have another ballgame altogether don't we?

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/10/12 - 08:08 pm
Sanders' supporters need to

Sanders' supporters need to get behind him and not take Godowns for granted. We've seen things like that in the past when Jim Whitehead lost to Paul Broun.

Interesting thing about Roundtree. If he can't run, will the black community unite behind Ivey? Will Roundtree throw his support to him?

Khan'tB4Real
Khan'tB4Real 06/10/12 - 08:25 pm
More interesting

Will the old money of RC continue to support at the voting booth a newcomer with no money who is running as a Democratic candidate for sheriff or will they support a fellow person of wealth running for a Republican congressional seat and a Republican sheriff candidate? Because with two people running for sheriff as Republicans they WILL have to make that decision in November.