Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

RANTS TO THE GEORGIA Welcome center on Interstate 20 from North Augusta; it looks like it is closed, weeds and plants not trimmed for many months.

A COLUMBIA COUNTY politician calls a 1 percent sales tax money for an “investment.” Whenever a politician talks about taxes being used as an investment, grab your money and run.

AN INVESTMENT IS a payment for something that MIGHT make a profit. In other words, it’s done for speculative reasons and not to pay for something that is a necessity. So, when politicians talk about taxing you for their investments, remember, it’s not necessary, and it’s a gamble – with your money.

THE VOTERS OF Aiken County need to take note of any elected official who thinks it’s a good idea to raise our taxes any higher and vote them out of office as soon as possible. It’s called “make do with what you have,” just as all of the households do each month.

BEN BERNANKE, the head of the Federal Reserve, says the U.S. economy is growing steadily. The news writer says this is from a survey, “which is anecdotal,” which means it’s not necessarily true. Why does the U.S. government believe an unelected man who has major control of our economy and whose surveys might not be true?

FIVE OF THE 12 finalists on the Miss USA contest did not know the name of our current vice president. Maybe, Joe the Plumber would have been a more memorable VP than Joe the Career Politician.

THE WALKER win in Wisconsin sets the stage for the end of the Democrat regime’s war on the American family.

HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT when a politician fears to say “illegal,” e.g., I used illegal means, he says “inappropriate,” e.g., our actions may have been inappropriate?

REACTING TO CLAIMS THAT Obama’s White House is leaking top secrets to the media to make Obama look like a hero, Obama’s press guy said, “Any suggestion that this admin has authorized intentional leaks … is grossly irresponsible.” Notice that nowhere does he unequivocally deny that Obama made the leaks.

Jake
Jake 06/08/12 - 10:53 pm
Yawn

Can't we do better than some re-hash of previous rants & raves. I said it before, plant kudzoo at the Welcome Centers so everyone can see what they are fixing to experience in the hot and humid south.
Miss USA, other than a good T&A show, who cares about what these women say or do? Pageants, like awards shows, are all just fluff for the masses to consume when they are channel surfing before they hit the hay.

allhans
allhans 06/09/12 - 12:17 am
I hear that the southern

I hear that southern girls gave more correct answers than did those from the East, West or North. If it's true (and it might not be) then I will give them a thumbsUp!

kissofdeath
kissofdeath 06/09/12 - 03:46 am
You will found no smoke and mirrors about Sheriff candidate

John Ivey who is fair - minded and has 32yrs of law enforcement experienced with no flaws, got my vote.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/09/12 - 05:00 am
Plummeting?

One of the top news stories this week was the plummeting gas prices. Prices were plummeting because of the economy. Or that was the spin provided by the powers that be.

First, I really wouldn't call a 15 cent drop a plummet. But I do agree that is is related to the economy. Namely supply and demand. One thing that I have noticed as we enter the height of the summer vacation season is the reduced number of campers and RV's on the roadways. Next is the lack of cars with luggage carriers and hitch haulers. The economy is such that people can't afford to take the long vacations, thereby increasing the supply of gas while decreasing the demand. Wake up people, don't believe the lies.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/09/12 - 05:05 am
Good mourning Awguster and my

Good mourning Awguster and my favorite posters. You know who you are.

I better be careful inferring we are all from Augusta. I don't want to upset countyman. I live in Martinez myself but I am referring to the Augusta metro area. Even the fine folks on the other side of the river.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/09/12 - 06:29 am
Give the welcome centers to

Give the welcome centers to private individuals. Let them create stores in the buildings and pay for themselves. As usual government is inefficient.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/09/12 - 06:42 am
About campaign signs in the

About campaign signs in the news. I ended up at this wild party with shady characters last night. This was after a night downtown at the stripclubs and even one nightclub on Washington Rd. I had made it big in the market Friday and was going to contribute some to help our local economy. My way of tithing.

Anyway, there are these scantily clad women and guys with bulges under their shirts which I'm pretty sure were guns. I think I even saw Tony Soprano. But being the politically astute person I am, I noticed campaign signs for a certain candidate for sheriff on the wall in the party room. I could tell y'all who they are supporting, but that wouldn't be fair, would it?

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/09/12 - 06:56 am
Rick Springfield 63 years old.

Time waits for no man...or woman.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/09/12 - 07:00 am
Allhans, and the Southern

Allhans, and the Southern Girls with the way they talk...they knock me out when I'm down there. Your comment just reminded me of the BeachBoys song.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/12 - 07:05 am
Good Morning America

Not much to sink your teeth in this AC AM unless JBA finishes his 6:42 post...please.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/12 - 07:14 am
Here's a good one.

"Yeah, we're gonna sue her," Trump said, accusing Monnin, 27, of making false accusations of pageant-fixing that were insulting not only to the pageant, but to its judges, auditors and everyone else involved in the event. He added that Monnin suffers from "loser's remorse.""

I wonder what he is planning to get!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/09/12 - 07:21 am
CG, weird stuff. I think the

CG, weird stuff. I think the whole group of the contestants wouldn't have a borderline normal IQ if they combined all their scores.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/09/12 - 07:27 am
I'll have another.....not today I won't!

The beautiful horse won't run today & I can see why if there could be damage done to this wonderful creature.......some people do value the animal over the money......
We need races in our area.....yall could have that in Richmond county if you would listen to B Morris ......maybe in South Augusta .......I'm hoping ole Gov Deal will lighten up on this casino thingy...after all we have the lotto already don't we.....

I see some of our guys on here made it big in the market in the last days......then they went to strip clubs & helped the economy...heh heh....I'm sure the scantily clad females appreciated that!!!

Cobalt probably stayed close to home though....after all that cutting-road building--roundupping---crop tending etc etc....he couldn't have much energy left for nekkid wiiimmen...or could he!!!!

Good am troublemakers of all kind....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/09/12 - 07:36 am
Trump

Trump lost me when he said this...
"If you look at her ... you'd understand why she's not in the top 15,"

hahah....D Trump is always fighting with someone ....look at the coverage he gets.....tv-internet-on -on on....I think Jessie & Sharpton learned a lot just watching him...:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/12 - 07:38 am
B4

The last time I went, I didn't see any clothes.

Remember, with my new miracle drug med, always have enough energy!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/09/12 - 07:40 am
Well dang CGee

In your next email tell me the name of that drug.....GOB could use THAT kind of energy.......3 days of golf takes the wind out of him right now......
:):)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/12 - 07:42 am
Oxycontin

Tell him to get on it and he will keep swinging....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/09/12 - 07:44 am
Drugs!!

You know that is the drug ole rush was addicted to...I think....he would pay EXTRA to the housekeeper for the stuff.......great balls of fire cgee......no dang wonder ya feeling good...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/12 - 07:44 am
JBA 7:21

That's what you get with King government controlled schools.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/12 - 07:49 am
At My Age

Who give a damn if I'm a druggie......first time in 10 plus years I'm pain free. The bad part about it, I have to take a P test to prove that I'm taking it!---- ain't that a switch

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/09/12 - 07:53 am
Political signs

There is a lot in the news about sheriffs signs......funny thing too......but it wouldn't surprise me if a certain candidate had some of the women (jba is talking about) romping around downtown with signs all over their body.......you know--like the cute girl in Columbia county dancing with her signs at the roadways....
Yeh---up/down Broad st.........what an idea ..........instead of bashing over the head.....(I never did understand why that made the news)
Politics can get dirty ---can't it...

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/09/12 - 07:55 am
I want some

I want some myself....cgee......I'm jealous now.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/09/12 - 08:01 am
I have my doubts the

I have my doubts the arresting officer named whose campaign sign it was. If HE did it was out of line. If the paper did, it was out of line. Countyman was right, believe that or not.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/09/12 - 08:06 am
The r/rs

I wish they would turn the welcome centers over to private owners.....we need them......a safe place to use the restrooms & just rest a bit......put some type of business in there that could stay open 24/7---good idea jba...
I for one want the penny tax for roads because I don't want any more hot lanes put in around here.....they will have to do something soon...

About leaks from WHouse....of course they are leaking the news....some of it will get people killed.......stupid politics could care less about THAT!

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/09/12 - 08:16 am
Yep, many states use private

Yep, many states use private enterprise to run their welcome centers, rest areas. They pay for themselves and actually make the state money in taxes. How did conservative GA and SC miss that?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/09/12 - 08:20 am
Ok posters

Jump in here....we can't do it all ....I'm glad to see some new posters on here lately....we need the new blood.....shake things up some....esp. those who know about the snakes in the grass.......heheh

gotta run now...someone wants breakfast!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/12 - 08:27 am
Question ?

Can anybody tell me the reasoning behind the abortion issue that only girls was picked to be aborted and where and who started it?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/12 - 08:36 am
Grand Girl

commandeered my computer, I am now on the WIFi slow speed 19" monitor one. I can see now why she doesn't like this one.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/09/12 - 08:38 am
TSD's

Where are you all, no downers yet!