Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I WISH TO THANK the doctors and all the staff at the ER at Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center for the care and consideration they showed to my wife. They were very professional and caring to her. I appreciate everything they did.

A BIG THANK YOU to Gen. Jeff Foley and the staff at ASU for placing flags on the graves of the veterans buried on the campus. We too often
forget about these men and what they did for
our country a long time ago. Thanks and please don’t forget them in the future.

RANT FOR Mr. Ballas at Luigi’s, blaming business down 10 percent in a decade due to strip club, etc. Those have been
in his block for a long time.

IF JUSTIN BIEBER did rough up a photographer, it must have been a wimpy photographer.

OUR FAMILY WAS extremely disappointed in the Banjo-B-Que this year. The location in Evans Towne Center Park was great, but over half of the bands didn’t even play bluegrass music. If it’s not going to be a bluegrass festival with barbecue and a petting zoo (which was advertised both on radio and Web site) don’t advertise it as such.

TO THE MOTORISTS who thought it was important to involve the authorities about what you thought was an inappropriate sign. Grow up; it was an advertising logo, and the dancer was hired to hold the sign.

AN ADULT DRIVER not buckled up is not against the law. If you give me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt, we will go State Court and I will win because that is not a law and it is not endangering anybody. You can’t prove it saves lives. I think it is denial of rights and just a way for Richmond County to make more money and scare people to death.

“IT IS TRUE that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time” (Abe Lincoln). Though apparently, Obama can fool all the Democrats all the time.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN how it is “evolution” when a person running for election goes from supporting, then opposing and then supporting gay marriage in a mere four years, whilst it is “flip-flopping” if one keeps the same opinion supporting civil unions and opposing gay marriage since 1994?

allhans
allhans 06/06/12 - 08:05 pm
Last rant. The only thing

Last rant. The only thing that matters, "Tell us what you really think".

Jake
Jake 06/06/12 - 08:27 pm
Seat Belts

I thought Georgia and South Carolina had a "Click it or Ticket" law, no?
If you don't want to wear one then don't but if you have children I would hope that you would make sure they are secured.

Justin Bieber - I think he hit the photographer with a stuffed animal and threatened to give him a wet willie.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/06/12 - 08:48 pm
Oh, there's a law about

Oh, there's a law about seatbelts alright, but I'd like to see them determine you aren't wearing one even at night as the authoritarian TV commercial says they can.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/06/12 - 08:55 pm
Only half the music was

Only half the music was Bluegrass and there was no petting zoo. Heavens to Betsy, what's the world coming to?

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/06/12 - 08:57 pm
To the ranter about Luigi's

To the ranter about Luigi's blaming the downturn in business on the strip clubs, maybe the quality of the strippers has dropped?

Jake
Jake 06/06/12 - 09:18 pm
HaHa John Brown

A long time ago I went to Chicago Lil's and their strippers were not of the quality of the Discotheque Lounge. I did say a "long time ago", in case my wife happens to see this.

justthefacts
20487
justthefacts 06/06/12 - 10:13 pm
Snake Lady

Maybe she is no longer performing at what......60 yrs old????

raul
raul 06/07/12 - 12:21 am
@JohnBrownAug. Your postings

@JohnBrownAug. Your postings have a certain familiarity about them. Did you have another nom de plume?

raul
raul 06/07/12 - 12:24 am
@JTF. The last time I saw the

@JTF. The last time I saw the Snake Lady was 30 years ago. I hope they got a younger version.

wildman
wildman 06/07/12 - 04:58 am
Banjo

They need to revise the daily ticket prices, $35 at 6 pm on Saturday is too much. Oh yeah, I went home and refused to pay. No damage done.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/07/12 - 06:08 am
Observations from the road

A brief analysis of recent news analysis. It seems that the left's two main talkers Ed Schultz and Rachel Maddow, can't figure out why 38% of union families voted FOR Scott Walker. Could it be that they are glad to have the freedom to choose if they want to be a union member or not? After all, freedom of choice has been a liberal talking point the last several years. I can only assume choice is a good thing as long as your choice is the same as theirs.

They are also have trouble figuring out why the Republican Party seems to be able to raise more money than the Democratic Party. Well, the Democrats have been the band leaders for the entitlement crowd. You know, the ones happy to get enough money to exist on without having to work for it. The Democrats are proud of the fact that they have created a voter base completely dependent on them. Problem is the base doesn't have an extra $38,500 to hear Jon Bon Jovi perform. Be careful what you ask for.

We keep hearing that the top 2% should chip in more in taxes to make things more fair for all. May I remind you the top 2% pay nearly 50% of all taxes. What I would like to see is the 40% or so that don't pay any taxes at all chip in a little. Seems a lot more fair to me since they are the ones reaping the benefits of the 2%.

Wake up America, it's time to continue giving control back to the people.

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/07/12 - 06:24 am
TO THE MOTORISTS who thought

Not to mention she was kinda cute, energetic, not at all risque and even smiling and waving at the motorists who were waiting at the lights. In other words earning her pittance with enthusiasm. I'll bet that was one tired young lady after a day of that. Just the kind of personality anyone would want to represent their business.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/07/12 - 06:25 am
Good morning Awguster. And a

Good morning Awguster. And a special hello to Trouble, seenit, CG, Sarge (really glad to see you posting again) shrimp, WB, and the rest of the bunch. And can't forget Riverman.... Oh brother, where art thou?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/07/12 - 06:31 am
Just for seenit

I know you like music from this era. Saw a billboard advertising him today. I had no idea he was still performing.....

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/07/12 - 06:38 am
Disingenuous

RK writes:"May I remind you the top 2% pay nearly 50% of all taxes."

You may try to remind folks that don't know any better, but, it still wouldn't make it true. "All taxes" is misleading and an insult to all taxpayers who do contribute taxes everyday in many other forms.

If you own your own rig or drive for a company I doubt that you fit into the 2% bracket. And just how much is paid by you in taxes every time you fuel up or get serviced and repaired(your truck that is)or gobble up at the local truck stop? Not to mention the rather large contributions made in road taxes for the truck.

Had you simply left it at income taxes you may have had a point, but a disingenuous post does not further the debate or add to the veracity of your opinion.

By the by, the Wisconsin voter had the sense to return the State Senate to Democratic control.

Methinks a little too much Boortz(soon remedied)and Limbaugh on the road.

Keep 'er between the ditches,I have family on the road.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/07/12 - 06:46 am
Don't listen to Boortz or

Don't listen to Boortz or Limbaugh very often. Most of that info actually came from Schultz and Maddow. Then verified.

No I am not in the 2%, but if you look at the taxes coming out of my check you would think I was.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/07/12 - 06:51 am
And it's kinda hard keeping

And it's kinda hard keeping it on the road driving and typing at the same time. Just kidding folks, just kidding. My partner is driving or we are parked anytime you see me on here.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/07/12 - 07:29 am
Banjo BBQ

I have to agree with the poster about the $35 ticket. I stayed away for that very reason; it was not worth $35 for the one Saturday afternoon.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/07/12 - 07:30 am
Good Morning America @7

"not against the law"===="can’t prove it saves lives"

As close to being stupid as stupid can get.

Oh, by the way, I hope you have a fun day when "WE" will go (?) State Court.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/07/12 - 07:32 am
Roadkill

You are too funny this am.....I'm glad that song was about a young "girl"...heheh.........thanks....
We may not be in the 2% but we sho pay our share & plus in TAXES.....aas I'm sure most on here pay everyday- in everyway....

I keep telling yall riverman was seen at Sconyers eating barbecue & drinking a cool beer.......he may run for a political post soon in Ga. & wants to get info. from ole Larry....... he can't just start with some lowly position he wants a state wide post....& then he will kick some tails he said....wow--(I wonder what tail he will go after) hahah

Anyway...good am troublemakers of all kind!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/07/12 - 07:34 am
added

Why don't you (we) tell that to those that have been thrown from their vehicles and have meet their maker!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/07/12 - 07:36 am
CMT awards

Is it my age or what....last night I tried to watch the CMT awards....the dang music was so loud---the audience screamed sooo much that I could barely hear the folks sing-talk.....what happened to the ole way.....good REAL country music on the Grand Ole Opry type stage....& you could hear the songs....Is it ME??? naahhhh

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/07/12 - 07:37 am
((B4))

I saw riverman in the CC Times. What's the deal?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/07/12 - 07:40 am
Shook from treetop

I'm glad to see anotherday & Cgee are awake now....hahahha...now watch cgee say he has already milked 10 cows....fed the livestock....paved a road.....plowed the garden & on on on ....:):)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/07/12 - 07:40 am
Second time in 30 minutes to

Second time in 30 minutes to sign in. That's it for the day.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/07/12 - 07:42 am
yep, all Teets been pulled

yep, all Teets been pulled and the poo out of the gutters.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/07/12 - 07:48 am
Keepup with HIM!!

He is everywhere---everywhere....I can't keep up with a fast ball...heh...some say he was in court on the Neal thingy....some say Sconyers...some say posting on other papers.....some say on the river....I'm surprised he didn't show up on the CMT awards......maybe he can't sing after all.....
I will use my magic xray glasses this am & report from big town USA!

scooter2762
scooter2762 06/07/12 - 08:27 am
If Justin Bieber beat me up,

If Justin Bieber beat me up, I'd be to embarrassed to admit it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/07/12 - 08:27 am
Dogs missing their masters

You know I'm such a softie when I read about the dogs seeing their masters again ......esp. when the owner has gone to the battlegrounds & then returned.....amazing love the dogs have.....this truck driver lost his pup at a stop & the dog waited for days for him to return.....he finally realized where the dog was lost...

HANNIBAL, Mo. -- A 9-month-old Yorkie wasn't about to leave a Missouri rest stop without his master. Mistakenly left behind by an Arkansas truck driver, Rambo waited there for two days until his owner was able to track him down.

"Didn't even cross my mind that he might jump out. He never has before," Michael Siau, his owner, said. "I jumped back in the truck, put it in gear and drove off. And I just thought he was in the back asleep."

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 06/07/12 - 08:47 am
More stuff

..that would be front page news, complete with swooping down from their aeries on the high moral ground visits from the leading poverty pimps, angry flash mobs, thundering denunciations from the talking heads, and vitriolic all-righteous editorials, except it's black and hispanic children being given school awards for being - how to put this delicately-- black and hispanic. But that's okay, nothing to see here; move on, folks. Imagine if these were 'white only' awards.