Rants & Raves

WHILE AT BARNEY’S Pharmacy on Peach Orchard Road on Memorial Day, I locked my keys in my car. There is an off-duty deputy who works security there and I asked him if he had any way to get in the car. He did not. He could, like so many people these days, have left it right there. Instead, he got on his phone and made a call. Five minutes later another deputy arrived and used a device to unlock my car. These two were both officers AND gentlemen! Two of Richmond County’s finest, Thank you.

RANT TO ALL who love driving down Fairington Drive off Tobacco Road and throwing your nasty trash on our yards. Be warned, I have a camera set up so I can see your car and car tag, and I will turn you in. Tell your children also do not litter.

SOME TIME AGO, President Bashar Assad’s father caused 40,000 deaths of his people and the international community did nothing to stop him. Today, we have 20,000 deaths in Syria and the international community has not shown any interest in stopping the slaughter. Apparently a repeat of history!

I’M GLAD THERE are still people out there who would protest using vulgarities in language and thought! It’s too bad most every single movie acts like it should be natural and yet they should film it correctly to cut out profanities or treat it as unnatural. If you can’t keep from swearing when you talk, then don’t talk.

MY HEART BREAKS FOR Paul “The Punisher” Williams. Much light and love to him to be able to get up and about to move young boxers and others to learn from this tragic accident. He can at least teach boxing as well as lessons of life to others and I hope he will do so.

IN RESPONSE TO the question about What-a-Burger/Broad Street Burgers existing - yes it does exist. It’s now called Olde Time Burgers and it’s at 1944C Walton Way where it’s been for the last two years. Same menu and owners---mmm good!!

RANT TO THE Medicaid office in Augusta. When someone turns the paperwork in to update it and they are cut off every time because the people who work there don’t do their job...this is uncalled for. Please check the competency of the people working there.

Jake
Jake 06/05/12 - 11:12 pm
What bugs me

There are a few things that really bug me. Viewing litter that selfish and uncaring idiots choose to deposit on our roadways because they do not think of the impact or eyesore it causes (this includes cigarette butts) and total brain dead individuals that do not know what a turn signal is for.
Does the Olde Time Burgers still do the foot long slaw dogs and chili dogs like the What-a-Burger used to do? If so then I may have to fly back to Augusta sooner than I was planning.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/05/12 - 11:48 pm
Jake, let us know

when you are coming and we will have a party at the Olde Tyme Burger. I was introduced to another burger joint today. It is Arri's in the old Mitchell Shopping Center on Whiskey Rd., Aiken. Greasy spoon joint that will lay a burger on you that is hard to finish; along with hand cut fries. Best I've had in a while, and enough saturated fat to last me for the rest of the week!

Things that bug me? Too numerous to mention... Maybe I need to lighten up so I can live longer.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/05/12 - 11:52 pm
#4

I agree. I could do a lot better with expletives; but I am very careful about whose ears are exposed. Bottom line is that it is a sign of a poor education/vocabulary or just bad manners.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/05/12 - 11:53 pm
Last Rant

Gumment employees. Nuff said.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/05/12 - 11:59 pm
INRE: Syria

It is a tragedy for the people being slaughtered, but the U.S. should not risk one American life to intervene. I'm damned tired of sacrificing our young men and women for people who would otherwise slit those same soldiers' throats.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 06/06/12 - 04:24 am
Syria

I strongly agree with itsa's post. However, this is an interesting read:

KSL
KSL 06/06/12 - 05:09 am
Yeah!! Walker won!!!

Yeah!! Walker won!!!

KSL
KSL 06/06/12 - 05:18 am
its, I'm with that. Love to

its, I'm with that. Love to get Jake to Aiken.

copperhead
copperhead 06/06/12 - 05:24 am
The democrats and unions are

The democrats and unions are wailing and gnashing their teeth-walker won! A glimpse of things to come! This "recall"was a complete WASTE of time and money but that is the favorite passtime of liberals! Their "do-over" didn't work so well!

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/06/12 - 05:44 am
Oh, the Left is Mad at Wisconsin

I watched the Ed Show to see the reaction of the liberals to the big victory by Gov. Walker and conservatives. Although I thought the losing candidate was fairly rational, some of the MSNBC commentators went beserk saying our system of elections is unfair and want constitutional changes. What do they want...each liberal gets two votes?

Talk about not accepting the will of the voters. Elections have consequences I believe is the term the winners always use. Now get up off your lazy, unionized rear-end and go to work earning the taxpayers money.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/06/12 - 06:09 am
HooRaaaaaa for Gov. Scott

HooRaaaaaa for Gov. Scott Walker !!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/06/12 - 06:54 am
Don't get this

Ok Walker won..I'm glad too but the exit polls showed Pres O with a 5% lead....state wide opinion...same voters??
Sorry...I just don't get that...

Good am trouble & troublemakers!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/06/12 - 06:56 am
pollster calling

I think I will lie everytime a pollster calls this house again....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/06/12 - 07:04 am
Nice policemen

Raves to the police officers who helped with the locked car....why not get them a gift card from ---la da...Sconyers...:)

Cgee...I think I figured out how your #s jumped so fast....all that logging in over-over hahah....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/06/12 - 07:08 am
Wait a minute

Just a dad burn minute....I bet the polls showed the female vote went to O in that exit poll thingy......I betcha...

Bruno
Bruno 06/06/12 - 08:02 am
I seem to recall a poll that

I seem to recall a poll that found that many people lie to exit pollsters. That being said, I found it very interesting that the cause for the recall in Wisconsin was supposedly due to Walker taking away collective bargaining for government employees but as the actual election came closer that reason was rarely if ever brought up. It was as if they knew that there wasn't much sympathy for unions.

copperhead
copperhead 06/06/12 - 08:23 am
Would ANY hussein worshipper

Would ANY hussein worshipper care to justify hussein's nobel peace prize?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/06/12 - 08:46 am
Bruno sez:

"It was as if they knew that there wasn't much sympathy for unions."

On another post yesterday, I linked a WSJ article noting that the employees' union had lost over 50% of their dues payers and the teachers' union about 1/3 since Walker gave them "right to work".

That speaks volumes about their feeling for the union.

allhans
allhans 06/06/12 - 09:30 am
Exit polls showed 50-50 in

Exit polls showed 50-50 in Wisc./\..So much for the accuracy of exit polls.
One host said that the company hired to do the polling has some serious questions to answer.

I wonder what happened to the congresswoman who was singing and dancing, celebrating, telling Walker goodbye BEFORE the voting was done.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/06/12 - 09:52 am
The inaccurate exit polls

The inaccurate exit polls should hightlight the error in statistical polling. This explains why polls seem to support gay marriage by large margins, yet more than half of all states (and states with large populations) have voted it down. Obviously poor polling or manipulated and biased.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/06/12 - 09:57 am
I just can't believe that

I just can't believe that Wisconsin isn't under Martial Law!!

One more downer for our King SMNCICBHO. HoRaaaaa

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/06/12 - 09:59 am

Sign in #2 - Sean, 5 will be the limit!

happychimer
happychimer 06/06/12 - 10:01 am
A close relative of ours went

A close relative of ours went to the poll to vote yesterday in California. The polling was closed. She then was told it had been moved. Nobody notified her, and she wanted to know why. She walked about 4 blocks to the new polling place, and was told she was not registered to vote, and that she had been purged from the list. that was the wrong thing to say to that 72 yr old woman. She demanded to know who took her name off, and why. She told them that nobody was going to take her constitutional right away from her. the poll worker asked for ID and asked her where she was born. She said Georgia, and that she was probably more American than any of you people.She told them they might as well give her a ballot, because she was not leaving till she voted. they allowed her to register again, and she fussed the whole time she was filling out the paper. She voted, and they told her they would get it straightened out. She was madder than a wet hen. I told her why her name was removed. Her married name is a Latino name. That got her cranked up again.

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/06/12 - 10:03 am
There's a reason.

" the exit polls showed Pres O with a 5% lead....state wide opinion...same voters??"

Seenit......several of the "analysts" last night posed that the hard core union supporters and liberals tend to vote and then rush out to talk to the pollsters and media whereas the conservatives tend to vote and leave. The polls are skewed by who participates.

BamaMan
BamaMan 06/07/12 - 10:15 pm
Burgers

Okay, I can't find a 1944 on Walton Way, and no phone listing. Someone tell me where it is?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/06/12 - 10:15 am
Weep Veterans

This is the making of our new US Army by the King SMNCICBHO.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/06/12 - 10:20 am
copperhead

Have you got an answer to your question yet?

happychimer
happychimer 06/06/12 - 10:25 am
Bama it is on the same side

Bama it is on the same side of Walton Way as Richmond Academy, and is in a small shopping center. I have been there before, but can't remember exactly the spot. I know it is not far from Wendys at Baker Ave. Just look for a small shopping center in that area of Walton Way, and you will find it.

harley_52
harley_52 06/06/12 - 10:31 am
"It was as if they knew that

"It was as if they knew that there wasn't much sympathy for unions."

One of the reasons the recall vote was so close is that the issue was mischaracterized by the democrats. Gov. Walker's issue is NOT against all unions, he's against PUBLIC SECTOR unions. The mainstream media did their best to make voters believe this was about all unions and that if Walker had his way ALL unions and ALL collective bargaining would be banned. Not so at all. If the issue had been presented honestly and understood by most voters I suspect the margin of victory for Walker would have been much greater than it was.

Public Sector Unions are bankrupting cities all over the nation. States and the federal government too. But Public Sector Unions are the ONLY hope the labor union movement in this Country have before they shrivel up and die completely. That's why they've fought so hard and that's why democrats tried so hard to get rid of Walker. They know this well be the beginning of the end for "big labor" and it should be.

happychimer
happychimer 06/06/12 - 10:34 am
Bama she does not claim any

Bama she does not claim any party. She says she votes for the person, and that party means nothing to her.She says there are crooks on both sides. She is an Obama supporter, but she will tell it like it is. Nobody tries to tell her who to vote for. She has voted republican and democratic before.