Rants & Raves

THANKS TO ALL for the outstanding fireworks display on the evening of May 19. I’ve seen many fireworks displays in my lifetime, but this has to be very high up on my list. What a splendid show of appreciation and support for our military. They certainly deserve it all.

THIS CONSERVATIVE paper had an editorial the other day claiming how the left-wing bashes the Republicans. That may be true sometimes, but compared to the treacherous, condescending venom that comes from Neil Bortz, Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and occasionally this paper, they make the left sound like Billy Graham.

SO-CALLED LEADERS want to merge two schools that were fine unmerged. Now those same leaders can’t even come up with a name. That’s a lot easier than actually making the merged schools function.

PEOPLE WITH KIDS: Please train or teach your kids manners and courtesy. After a neighbor’s kids came over to beg for a cool drink and snack while extra sweaty, I gave it to them and noted it was a one-shot deal, that their parents should arrange to give them food on the porch when they play outside. I cannot afford to feed them any more.

WHICH DISABLED RIDER and what problem did he/she have with Augusta Transit? I am disabled myself and have only seen great service to myself and every other disabled rider I’ve seen on my almost daily rides.

NOW IS THE TIME for President Obama to show his full support for Israel. With the nuclear negotiations under way with Iran, it would be an ideal time for the president to visit Israel and make it quite clear where he stands on the support of that nation. I do believe that it would expedite a decision from Iran to drop their nuclear program.

DEAR MITT ROMNEY. I love you, and you’ve got my vote. But please stop calling me every day. My husband is getting suspicious.

EDITORIAL CALLS AZZIZ a “visionary leader.” That’s enough to make one run from anybody who’s “visionary.” Azziz claims the schools in Augusta are “not local.” Where is he planning to go with this stuff? Careful, Augusta!

OBAMA HAS NO friends, just dupes. The way Obama has sacrificed the Pakistani doctor who made it possible to ID bin Laden so he could be shot shows that Obama will sacrifice anybody.

Jake
Jake 06/03/12 - 09:42 pm
Yes Mitt, don't call

My wife is also getting suspicious and we do not believe in polygamy here.
As far as full support for Israel, the US has given Israel full support since 1948 despite their apartheid views on the Palestinians which continue today.
Is the AC a conservative paper? I would have never guessed.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/03/12 - 11:32 pm
#2.. You ARE joking, right?

#2.. You ARE joking, right? Ann Coulter can be pretty venomous, but you want to compare Boortz to say, Chris Matthews; or Rachel Maddow? Puh Leeze!!!!! How about Bill Maher? Limbaugh can't hold a candle to him in terms of pure, ugly venom. Then there are those wacky loons on The View....

No, the right has nothing on the left in terms of pure nastiness. Just look at the political leadership.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/04/12 - 04:12 am
Dissent is noble whether it's

Dissent is noble whether it's from the left or the right. It's powerful and some work hard to stiffle this constitutional right in various ways.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/04/12 - 05:29 am
Rednecks

I love me some rednecks---now we can't be serious all the time can we??

Good am trouble!

Three rednecks were working up on a cell phone tower: Cooter, Ronnie and Donnie.

As they start their descent, Cooter slips, falls off the tower and is killed instantly.

As the ambulance takes the body away, Ronnie says, 'Well, shucks, someone should go and tell his wife.

Donnie says, 'OK, I'm pretty good at that sensitive stuff, I'll do it.'

Two hours later, he comes back carrying a case of Budweiser.

Ronnie says, 'Where did you get that beer, Donnie?'

'Cooter's wife gave it to me,' Ronnie replies.

'That's unbelievable, you told the lady her husband was dead and she gave you beer?'

'Well, not exactly', Donnie says. 'When she answered the door, I said to her, "you must be Cooter's widow."

She said, 'You must be mistaken. I'm not a widow.'

Then I said, 'I'll bet you a case of Budweiser you are.'

Rednecks are real good at sensitive stuff...

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/04/12 - 05:44 am
Descent

Your dissent made me think of the other descent......hahha

InChristLove
InChristLove 06/04/12 - 05:46 am
Ranter#4, a package of cheap

Ranter#4, a package of cheap popsicles or mini boxes of raisins make an excellent treat for children and what does it cost for a cool cup of water. Although I agree parents need to teach their children manners, you might be the only adult that shows these children some love and attention....make the most of it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/04/12 - 06:03 am
Good Morning America

The Land of the Brave, the Land of the Beautiful and the Land of the Rants and Raves where everybody is happy and content.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/04/12 - 06:10 am

For my 3000 Prize, I will say his name.....The Honorable President Barack Hussein Obama!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/04/12 - 06:18 am
Sean

If I have to sign in 5 to 8 times in a day........I is History.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/04/12 - 06:19 am
Searching

We all are searching for something....gonna find it...:)

Happy 3000 to you Cgee......I bet you will get a free lunch with Sean the Main Man.......we could chip in & get you a new shooter......but where would you put the dang thing.....can you wear 2 or more shooters at one time.....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/04/12 - 06:23 am
B4

No I can't, I don't have a crotch holster.

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/04/12 - 06:25 am
Full support?

"the US has given Israel full support since 1948"

Yeh but now Obama makes thier Prime Minister come to the back door at the White House and get the "take out" support.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/04/12 - 06:28 am
Cgee--hahah

You could've fooled me.....but do I really want to know ---EVERYTHING!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/04/12 - 06:31 am
Joke

"NOW IS THE TIME for President Obama to show his full support for Israel" Yea Right, I bet he is warming up Air Force 1 at this moment!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/04/12 - 06:37 am
#2

Would you be so kind as to come on here and dispute any comments (with facts) made by the "treacherous, condescending venom that comes from Neil Boortz, Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and occasionally this paper,"

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/04/12 - 06:37 am
Same r/rs

We have gone over the same r/rs----many times....
bad kids--whats new there
new name for college--haha..we tell them & they ignore us
Pres O ---over-over....enough of him
Transit troubles---same o same o
Azziz is in the news more than countyman & Deke---he must be quite a guy.....

anyway---for some reason I just can't be serious today---I hope GOB keeps me laughing all day.....:)

Trouble
Trouble 06/04/12 - 06:39 am
morning

morning all

happy 3000 cg, congrats, i knew you could do it, shall we make it 5000 next?

seenit, loved the redneck joke...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/04/12 - 06:47 am
How about some humor to get away from the Over & Overs.

1. Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?

2. Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?

3.. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?

4. If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?

5. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

6. Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?

7. Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?

8. Why do "tug" boats push their barges?

9. Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game"

when we are already there?

10. Why are they called " stands" when they are made for sitting?

11.. Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"?

12. Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

13. Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites?

14. Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?

15. Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

16. If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?

17. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

18. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

19. If you are cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right?

20. Why is bra singular and panties plural?

21. Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control

when you know the batteries are dead?

22. Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase?

23. How come abbreviated is such a long word?

24. Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?

25. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

26. Why do they call it a TV set when you only have one?

27.Christmas - What other time of the year do you sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of your socks?

28. Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/04/12 - 06:48 am
Trouble

Only if I don't have to sign in 5000 times!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/04/12 - 06:50 am
Fine am to you trouble

Good am T---have missed your smile on here....

Also good am to the new posters---new blood---very educated opinions I might add----we need some shaking............after Sylvia said "snake in the grass" quote.....how can SM call us out for our "mild" quotes...:)

I have seen some snakes in the grass-heh--even in my house (real snake)...a green snake was watching tv one day---I still don't know how the dang thing got inside...maybe through basement......I got him out with a broome sweep.......he wasn't through watching his tv program though.....:)

Trouble
Trouble 06/04/12 - 06:56 am

cg, they are just jealous of your big.....um.......numbers, and they are trying to slow you down...........lol

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/04/12 - 06:58 am
God help the market today

Down 24 points on 2200 shares of F.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/04/12 - 07:00 am
Funny T

Yep...they are jealous of Cgee...:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/04/12 - 07:00 am
Trouble

You maybe right -- I do have some haters --

Trouble
Trouble 06/04/12 - 07:08 am
cg

it is ok, seenit and i love you enough to make up for your haters

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/04/12 - 07:15 am
CGee

The next time we get together cg....we are gonna show YOU how much we LOVEYA....sooo get ready baby.....better take your meds B4 you come...
:):):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/04/12 - 07:18 am
Nerds

I just read that a nerd won the Miss USA contest....& that Tiger won again......did anybody really think Tiger wouldn't come back....I mean really....once he shook the cobwebs out of his mind he was good to go....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/04/12 - 07:32 am
B4

Yes, he won but he also is rated #7 as the most disliked person in the US.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/04/12 - 07:45 am
Disliked

I will say something that some won't like on here....but here goes..

Elvis-Clinton-Tiger & many other rich-powerful men have women THROWING themselves at them all the time.....even J Edwards......it will always be a turnon for females......power/money .......very few men can turn away from this pressure....even religious icons have fallen by the wayside...& this is just the guys that we know about.....since the beginning of time this has happened........check the Bible..........why do we think anything will change now....

Trouble
Trouble 06/04/12 - 07:49 am
true

seenit, you can even add newt gingrich to that list, and if that aint a scary thought, i dont know what is........

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen