Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

EVERYONE STAND UP RIGHT NOW and give a rousing cheer for Michael Holahan. Clap your hands for his beautiful work that he won the awards for. He is an outstanding photographer. Thanks again for all these beautiful pictures you put in the paper. And thanks for putting a photograph of him. Now I can recognize him when I see him on the street. Thanks again for the wonderful work.

RANT TO CBS FOR CANCELING one of its best shows. The ones you keep on are not worth viewer’s time.

YOU CAN SEE IT EVERYWHERE. When politicians have an opportunity to enrich themselves or their cronies, they take it. God Bless those who don’t. More government usually equals more corruption.

THE DEMOCRATS ARE the ones who make us oil dependant on an unstable, volatile region like the Middle East. At any time a war could break out there and people who are sworn to destroy us could take over the oil fields. That would be the end of our super power status because you can’t have a super power military without oil.

RAVE TO THE PLACEMENT of Rants and Raves, comics and puzzle pages in the May 18 paper. I wish it could be placed like that every day.

IT IS A SHAME IF you stay home and take care of your mother and father and they turn around and talk to you like a dog. It is uncalled for and terrible.

AS FOR ELECTIONS, I still think Alfred E. Newman should be president, by golly.

IF THERE IS A GOD, please let him stop CNN and Fox from showing the back of George Zimmerman’s head.

RANTS TO THE OFF-DUTY North Augusta police officer who rode my rear bumper all the way through town in a 35 mph zone. I don’t make the speed limits; I just abide by them. That should remind you of yourself. I think I remember you saying that you don’t make the speed limits; I just enforce them.

I ADMIRE THE COURAGE THAT Aimee Copeland has in fighting the infection. She has a prayer in my heart very day for her battle. God bless you Aimee and your family.

RAVES AND THANK-YOU TO the sponsors of Thunder over Augusta. What a wonderful program and the best fireworks we have every seen. Thank you and God bless you all.

Jake
Jake 05/31/12 - 08:59 pm
MAD

I read a recent version of MAD magazine and I can see why my parents forbade it in our house back in the 60's. It has a lot of humorous but true features in it. Alfred E. Newman makes just as much sense as any politician today.

allhans
allhans 05/31/12 - 10:42 pm
Rant # 2...CSI Miami? One of

Rant # 2...CSI Miami? One of the best, I can't imagine why CBS would cancel.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/01/12 - 08:34 am
Hahha

Jake said...
Alfred E. Newman makes just as much sense as any politician today.

Not so fast Jake....I would rather see Toby Keith in the WHouse.....at least he could entertain us..LOL

Good am CSRA,......after reading the r/rs ...I see why we have 0 comments......pls shake it up some AC.....let trouble pick out the r/rs pls.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/01/12 - 08:42 am
A Blythe man protected himself!

The article says...

A Blythe man told authorities he stopped a man who was trying to rob him at gunpoint Wednesday morning by pulling out his gun.

Valdis Marion Anthony, 35, had entered his vehicle after making a purchase at Circle K, 2999 Washington Road, when an unknown man opened his passenger door and pointed a gun in his face saying “give up your money.”

Anthony told officers he drew his handgun on the suspect, who then fled.

Some think if we ban guns things like this wouldn't happen......nonesense.......we would be at the mercy of jerks like this ALL the time....criminals will always have guns...

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/01/12 - 08:50 am
Rant-rant rant

Why do some complain about how others post??...90% of folks don't complain.....but a few think they know the best way to put words in their little white box ....some say don't mesh everything together --it makes it tough to read.....some say place all rants together in one post & don't spread them out...pleeeeze keep in mind there is an ignore button & always the arrow button at your little pinkeys...USE THEM

Dang....CGee needs to exercise his fingers on here soooo don't get on his case ....or mine either......treat your elders with respect..:):)

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 06/01/12 - 09:10 am
Good morning, AC

Good morning, AC contributors! Today, I read the "On-line" comment made by "Retired Army." Technically, I agree, concerning the title of "hero," given to those who are true Military heroes.
However, having served over thirty years, both in the Navy and the U.S. Army, I can expand that title to those who served with honor and dedication, in service to our country. It doesn’t matter how, or where our Military served, as long as their service was/is honorable, they are heroes to our country. They don’t have to storm a machinegun placement, or shoot down twenty-five enemy aircraft to earn the title of “hero.” They thought enough of our country to place themselves in a situation that could have permanently changed their lives, or ended them. So yes, there are different kinds of heroes in the Military; those who gave some, and those who gave all. They are certainly heroes to me!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 06/01/12 - 09:37 am
Your 8:42 is spot on, SB4! I

Your 8:42 is spot on, SB4! I think those of us who support the right to own and carry guns, still have the majority of citizens on our side. Thank goodness we still have the Constitutional Right of gun ownership.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 06/01/12 - 02:45 pm
Prime Suspect

I am saddened that NBC also chose to cancel Prime Suspect after just a few episodes. They didn't give it a chance, and it was quite good.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/01/12 - 09:50 am
TV programs

I don't see very many good tv programs anymore.....what happened??

Too many fluff shows & non thinking mush.....I even miss Larry King...the new guy just doesn't have it...imo.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/01/12 - 09:53 am
America The Beautiful

Good Morning Jake, allhans, B4, LL and a HoRaa to you Jim for posting and setting straight, a wayward Brother, RA.

The market is down big time, I am in a hold position. I guess I will cut a little grass, 10 acres today instead of getting involved and high blood pressure over the "Playing the Trump card" thread. There are many on here that can handle that much better than I...Go for it True Americans!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/01/12 - 10:09 am
Jobs gone bye bye

Do yall remember what RKill said......picking up loads & taking them to the border of Mexico for finishing.......WHY do we keep buying goods made elsewhere.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/01/12 - 10:26 am
Bookbags going away in Gwinnett

Just read that in 2 years bookbags will be a thing of the past....Gwinnett county is going digital in everything possible......some saw this coming didn't they......I think riverman said that would happen soon.....& the Barnes Nobles nearby that I love the most is closing....I hate that even though some are still nearby...that was a fav of mine.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/01/12 - 10:41 am
BTW POSTERS

Btw river & some other posters are missed on here.....some said that only a few post now........maybe the missing discussion page has something to do with that......in the past I would jump in on lively conversations...now I can't find the DANG things.
Bring some things back AC......please.....I'm asking nicely.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/01/12 - 11:13 am
Here we go again....with bribes

Headlines in the AJC....
BRIBES_DRUGS_CORRUPTION......ha & yall thought Richmond county was the only one with problems..
Gwinnett county commissioner Shirley Lassiter & her
son businessman --John Fanning a member on the zoning board have just pleaded guilty to taking bribes .....some on drug deals & some on land deals.....& the beat goes on on on.....

Why is it so hard to be honest in todays world?

Jane18
Jane18 06/01/12 - 11:55 am
Person Of Interest

justthefacts
22010
justthefacts 06/01/12 - 11:58 am
Jobs

Nice job Mr. Obama. Your anti-business philosophy is really working well.

justthefacts
22010
justthefacts 06/01/12 - 11:59 am
Jane

I agree. Very good show.

daphne3520
daphne3520 06/01/12 - 12:36 pm
North Augusta Cop

Everone KNOWS that ALL cops, whether from North Augusta or not, that garner a paycheck of minimum wage, lets what LITTLE authority they have, go to their heads! Most of them have to have an I.Q., exceeded by their shoe size.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/01/12 - 12:57 pm
"Person of Interest"

"Check it out on Thursday nights at 9:00, on CBS. I really enjoy the show, and Jim Caviezel is very good in it!"

One of about three shows I record to make sure I don't miss an episode.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/01/12 - 01:00 pm
Daphne

As much as I criticize some aspects of LE, it is unfair for you to say "all". Some, yes; but to say "most", much less "all", is a big stretch.

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/01/12 - 01:52 pm
Cobalt George writes:", a

Cobalt George writes:", a wayward Brother, RA."

If setting the use of the word hero to it's proper use makes me wayward, spell it with a capital W. :)

Glad to be of service.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 06/01/12 - 01:55 pm
Daphne, that was a cheap shot

Daphne, that was a cheap shot saying "all cops" are this and that in a derogatory way. Just as with servicepeople, they have signed on to put their lives on the line if it comes to it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/01/12 - 02:07 pm
That was a cheap shot

When we need them we are glad they are there.....

It is getting dark here....wind is blowing....raining...something we need....wish I could stay & play BUT can't....see yall........pls be good you know who......that goes for a few....:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/01/12 - 02:11 pm
dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 06/01/12 - 04:09 pm
Annoyinggg!

Logged on to my browser, Yahoo, this afternoon. The first thing that came up was a video of Gov. Romney with his dog on the roof of his car. This was under the news of the day. Not until you actually click it does it mention this is a 'parody, satire and humor.'

Hmmm- so when can I see a 'parody, satire and humor' of The Obamessiah munching down of filet of Fido? Or snorting coke? Testifying in church, "G-d damn America!" Oh, wait, that actually happened.

I probably shouldn't sit in front of the computer that long . . .

happychimer
happychimer 06/01/12 - 08:56 pm
This is an update on ant

This is an update on ant hills. My husband said he adds enough salt to hot water to make it grey. The water is real salty. Then he adds a little dishwashing liquid and shakes it a little. The soap makes the water heavy enough to spread out in the ant mound.

Khan'tB4Real
Khan'tB4Real 06/01/12 - 10:12 pm
EverYone KNOWS that ALL

EverYone KNOWS that ALL people who talk trash about law enforcement have a criminal history longer than their arm; thus the hatred for L.E. Honestly it's kind of difficult to listen to someone refer to a low I.Q. of another when that commenter cannot correctly spell words.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 06/03/12 - 12:18 am
Sounds like someone has a lot

Sounds like someone has a lot of experience interacting with law enforcement.