Female 'sign shaker' draws Columbia County complaint

A motorist called Columbia County authorities Wednesday morning reporting an inappropriately dressed woman waving a “Bite Me” sign.

The woman, Nancy Seitz, is a professional “sign shaker,” who does many kinds of advertising for businesses, including holding roadside signs and wearing costumes. She’s often seen waving signs in front of Mullins Crossing or for Maryland Fried Chicken in Evans.

Seitz was hired by Mosquito Squad to dance with a sign advertising the business on Fury’s Ferry Road at Park Lane.

Deputies drove by Seitz, who was holding the sign near the back entrance of West Lake subdivision, but did not stop or speak to her.

roebling
roebling 05/30/12 - 09:28 pm
How did deputies know her name?

If the deputies didn't stop and ask the sign shaker to identify herself then how did they know what name to put on the report?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/30/12 - 10:58 pm
Puhleeze!!

I saw this woman dancing and shaking at Mullins Crossing a few weeks ago. She has a good "bod" from what I could tell just driving by; but beyond that, where's the beef?

stillamazed
stillamazed 05/31/12 - 10:47 am
She's a good shaker.....

I have seen her shaking her groove thing a few times, she earns her pay for shaking that sign as well as other things......let the woman work, at least she is working and not sitting on her behind letting the government take care of her. those hootie tooties in CC (I live there) need to get a life....leave others alone.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 05/31/12 - 10:58 am
haha

I found this article very funny!

boredinaug
boredinaug 05/31/12 - 01:51 pm
Really??

I'm astounded this would even make the news at all! I passed her twice on Wed...once on my way to run errands and once on my way home. I sat at the intersection both times (red light) and really had to look to see what business the "bite me" was advertising...so I'm not sure how effective it was. (although, I'm sure this article was some AWESOME free advertising for the Moisquito Squad and for Ms. Seitz!) I really thought she was a teenager advertising a car wash or something happening in Zaxby's parking lot. She was not naked or even inappropriately dressed...it was HOT that morning and she had on shorts, tshirt and flipflops...COME ON PEOPLE!

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/31/12 - 03:52 pm
I never knew there was such a

I never knew there was such a profession as "sign shaker". What will they think of next.

(Okay, don't dog me.....I'm glad she has a job, supporting herself. Just never heard of such)

Bing0
Bing0 06/02/12 - 12:12 am
Talk about effective advertising!

Talk about effective advertising! I would say that this definitely qualifies as effective. I imagine after this article she will cost more. It is puzzling to me though that someone would even consider this a matter for law enforcement.