Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

TO GREENBRIER High School and the Columbia County Board of Education: You can’t withhold those children’s diplomas because they earned them. It is illegal. Parents, you need to get a lawyer and file a lawsuit. Even though they pulled a prank, you can’t hold their diplomas.

CHILDREN WHO ARE bullies in school learn how to be bullies by watching the police on TV reality shows. They shove people’s faces to the pavement with a knee to the back after the suspect is in handcuffs. They always have the advantage and beat up people in handcuffs. A good example for our children.

PARENTS, PLEASE get this right. You send your child to school to learn. You raise your child at home. Teachers teach; parents raise.

AS THE MOTHER OF four children who have graduated from Evans High School. I have not been a big Greenbrier fan. But banning these four girls from graduation who pulled this prank is ridiculous. Get real.

ALVIN MASON. IT MIGHT NOT be a protest, but it sure looked and sounded like one.

I SEE AUGUSTA’S DICTATOR rose up and spoke again. Amazingly, it was actually about a health-related issue, not golf gardens, closing streets and being uncool in Georgia. Unfortunately, it was about public health, which for the majority of us, will only affect us in our pocketbooks.

A HUGE RAVE FOR Leadership Team, CEO and everyone that helped make Hospital Week & Nurses Week 2012 so enjoyable for the staff at Select Specialty Hospital.

WHY SHOULD WE waste taxpayer dollars to house Hugo Diaz for the next nine months? I say let’s deport him to Mexico right now.

I TOOK MY FAMILY to the Boss Hog cook-off. What a top-rate event. Everything was professional there but the sound company. The music was great, but the sound mixing was horrible. We had great food, though!

SOME PEOPLE IN churches act like they are better than everybody else in their fancy clothes, but they won’t speak to you. If you do them a favor, they won’t hardly say thank you. I get my thanks from God.

I DON’T LIKE THE WAY President Obama is coming out for this gay stuff. I’m glad the black preachers are coming out against gay marriage.

wise ole man
wise ole man 05/26/12 - 11:58 am
The girls vandalizing GHS

The girls vandalizing GHS caused damage to the tax payers' of CC property. I'm sure if they vandalized a person's home they would have been arrested as well- no difference. They also tore down state Hwy signs- stop signs to be exact- that could have resulted in loss of life. They are very lucky they are not in jail for that. They are notentitled to walk at graduation because they were suspended- therefore they did not complete their assignments. There us always summer school graduation.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/27/12 - 06:33 am
Old Days

Good Morning America.

Just look at all the comments being said over 4 girls who did wrong while being educated. Back in my Old Time education, this would have been a 3 day common sense conversation between the Principle, Teachers and the parents. On the third day those girls would be standing in the class (sitting down would be painful) receiving their education and a leason learned what is Right and what was Wrong.
Now, a month later in our non-common sense Liberal, socialist world, this issues will be rehearsed daily, lawyers, and government controlled educators will beat it to death to insure that these 4 girls have a Tattoo "BAD" on their foreheads for life. Yes, I guess I'm old and must accept today's ways of educating our future Americans.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/27/12 - 06:43 am
@ 11

I guess White Preachers don't count.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/27/12 - 06:46 am
@ 8

Hey, you know you can't do that, he is a member of the King SMNCICBHO family.

daphne3520
daphne3520 05/27/12 - 07:49 am
Church Folk

The next to last Rant is spot on!!!!!

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 05/27/12 - 11:38 am
It doesn't take being "Church Folk"

to act out un relationally. That's why God's Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth, advise us all to use others as a mirror, instead of a sponge.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 05/27/12 - 11:56 am
Banning those four girls from

Banning those four girls from graduation who took it upon themselves to damage/destroy property, should be the least of their worries. If he hasn't already, I hope Judge Flanagan throws the book at them, and their parents too!

Jake
Jake 05/27/12 - 03:08 pm
Graduation

I went on stage and "graduated" from Aquinas in 1968. Only I did not officially graduate because the principal, Brother Luke, did not sign my graduation certificate. The reason was that my parents still owed the school for tuition. I did not find this out until I requested college courses when I was in the Air Force. So I got a GED instead and went about life.
I have since given money to the school for fund raising to make up for the tuition shortage. However, Brother Luke died about 3 yrs ago without signing my diploma so I am still not an "official" high school graduate. I want someone to sign my diploma and I want to go to the prom again.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 05/27/12 - 03:08 pm
"Parents, too"??

Maybe we should lock up their parents, grandparents, brothers-sisters and first cousins because they are descendants of the same grandparents. After all putting glue in locks is such a horrendous and violent crime.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 05/27/12 - 04:19 pm
I Can Help

I would love to sign your diploma and attend prom with you Jake! My dress still fits.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/27/12 - 04:58 pm
WB

Welcome to the 1000 Club. you are now completely authorized to use a cordless mouse.

Jake
Jake 05/27/12 - 06:58 pm
Hubba-Hubba

Wow, I get to officially graduate and go on a date with a lovely woman. I can't wait until next year!

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/27/12 - 07:21 pm
2k all the way, but who's

2k all the way, but who's keeping score. :)

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/27/12 - 07:22 pm
And just like last time 2k

And just like last time 2k didn't break my computer.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 05/27/12 - 09:52 pm
Thank you , CG.

I really enjoyed it at 1000, such a nice round number. But, it didn't stay there long, and it's back to messing with my OCD.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 05/27/12 - 09:53 pm
Jake, so it's a date.

Jake, so it's a date.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 05/27/12 - 09:55 pm
RA, over 2000 points and you

RA, over 2000 points and you really don't say that much.

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/27/12 - 10:49 pm
Willow, it's the weight! No

Willow, it's the weight!

No the truth is that I read other parts of the paper, sports, local news, business and comment there also.

I'm also busy reading other news sources and when I find something relevant to an article or just something fun(a comic)I'll post it.

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.