Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RAVES TO Barbara Orr with United Methodist Church in Harlem. She is always helping someone and doesn’t even ask for pay. She is a kindhearted lady. May God bless her and her family.

WITH ALL THE CRIME that teenagers are committing now, their names should be in the paper and their parents’ names should be in the paper.

WHICH STORES ARE putting the pink slime in their hamburger meat? I would appreciate knowing.

NOW THE GREAT IMPOSTER’S administration is going to end Alzheimer’s. Yep. There’s a deadline, y’all. 2025, it’s gonna be over, no more Alzheimer’s cuz the great impostor sez so!! ... Just when you think you’ve heard about all the chutzpah and narcissistic b.s. you think you possibly could from bozo and his bunch of clowns in D.C., there they go again!!

THE NEXT TWO WE NEED TO get rid of after Sen. Lugar is John McCain and Lindsey Graham. We need to get rid of those two RINOs the same way we did Lugar.

SALEM ARMS IS turning into the projects. Everyone is already trying to move to Columbia County. Let the mayor or anyone come and look.

RAVES FOR MIKE at Augusta Amusements for all the wonderful concerts he brings to the Performing Arts center in Columbia County and the wonderful show we had last night: Manny Barnett, a tribute to Patsy Cline. Thanks, Mike; you are doing a great job.

THIS IS A NICE town. Lots of people rant and say it isn’t, but it is. There is lots of human love for one another.

WHY IS THE Augusta Chronicle so bitter toward Paine College? Paine College has contributed so much. Why do you continue to bash Paine College and on our commencement day? I think you are bitter because one or two people don’t like it. With all the good that we do. There are problems everywhere; pick on someone else. I feel so hurt today.

IT LOOKS LIKE I won’t cast a vote for president this year – no one qualified for the office. I haven’t voted since Reagan. I hope all the people who voted for Obama last time are satisfied with your Socialist president.

A GOLF CART WAS stolen from under our carport. This 78-year-old grandmother and great-grandmother would like it back.

IF A GAY COUPLE moved next door to me, worked and paid their way in the world, I would have no problem. If the same couple goes on welfare, lives off the government and become a threat to my tax dollars and future generations, there is a problem. Social issues should not be a part of our government. People should be allowed to do as they please, and if you don’t like it, so be it. Your beliefs are your own, but another person’s choices in life should not be dictated by the government.

Tots
Tots 05/24/12 - 08:46 pm
Rant #4 Alzheimer's,

Well,heck Jake and Retired,i've already forgotten what i was going to say...So- waiting till 2025 may be to late for me...

Jake
Jake 05/24/12 - 09:02 pm
It is never too late

It is never too late to forget, Tots. Today is my 20th wedding anniversary. I thanked my wife this morning for 18 wonderful years and so she reminded me that we had been married 20 years. I told her I knew that but at least 2 years of it (all totaled) were probably crappy days. Love is a wonderful thing.

Tots
Tots 05/24/12 - 09:25 pm
Jake,

Love,did you have to duck and run after that comment to your wife of 20years?...LOL!!! Happy anniversary to you and your wife..

Jake
Jake 05/24/12 - 11:49 pm
Anniversary

Just came back from watching my daughter perform with her high school orchestra. The last number was the theme from "Psycho" and the orchestra leader put on a wig like Norman Bates' mother and conducted with a butcher knife. Cool.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/25/12 - 04:50 am
Paper & morning coffee...a thing of the past?

We knew this was coming....uuugh...some oldies won't be happy about this....
Does anything ever stay the same.......AC hang in THAR!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/25/12 - 04:53 am
The rant says... WITH ALL THE

The rant says...

Why not bring the chain gangs back....clean the roadways.....save tax $$ ........don't pamper them with a jail cell.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/25/12 - 04:58 am
Rant

Rant says

Surely you jest...you want the Mayor to stop ribbon cutting duties & come & look at WHAT?? People wanting out of Richmond & moving to another county.....LOL
I wonder how much can Columbia county handle before the bottom falls out.....stay on your toes Col county...

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/25/12 - 05:03 am
Low down rascals

Low down scum to take a golf cart from oldies....they needed the dang thing.....
either bring it back or we will get the posse after ya.....CGee will be the leader ........RKill will use his big 18 wheeler on ya....& then trouble will finish you off....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/25/12 - 05:10 am
Lots of love around here..:)

Yes--yes...lots of it....just look at the r/rs....wait a minute.....well look at the comments on other articles.....wait a minute......
well look SOMEWHERE.....
The love is in between the lines....oooohhh....only the players can see it!
It will take awhile for a NEWCOMER TO SEE THE LOVE......AAAAHHH...& some will need special glasses to ever see it!

Remember this.....you have to give love to get love...

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/25/12 - 05:13 am
Thankya AC

aaaah ...at least some new r/rs....new people at AC maybe...heh heh

Bring it onnnnn.....we can handle it!

Let me say this feryee....WHEW!!!!!! LOL

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/25/12 - 05:42 am
Now ain't that purty..

Gregg Allman is marrying again for the 7th time ..he sez..

When grilled about why he's decided to settle down once again, Allman explained that "this time I am really in love," and went on to say that he's only been in love twice before in his life, though both were "one-sided" relationships.

"They didn't reciprocate," he explained of his former wives, one of whom is fellow music legend Cher.

Dissing Cher....she had a youngun for ya..I kinda think just maybe you were missing in action NOT CHER!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/25/12 - 05:50 am
Turn back time

One of my favs by Cher...

skip over if ya don't like her!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/25/12 - 07:29 am
DUST

...We Are But Dust

Contributed by Velda A

A visiting minister at the start of the offertory prayer:

"Dear Lord," he began with arms extended and a rapturous look on his upturned face, "without you we are but dust..."

He would have continued, but at that moment one very obedient little girl (who was listening carefully) leaned over to her mother and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice:

"Mommy, what is butt dust?"

Church was pretty much over at that point.

Ok Sean...I'll be good....don't spank me anymore....i lovs ya!

gotta read the AJC....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/25/12 - 07:59 am
HoRaaaaa

A Big HoRaaaaa for Fort Gordon for displaying the replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Many on there were my very close Brothers who paid the altimate price for America, it's Freedom and it's 200+ year culture. They sure didn't pay that price in honor (as proclaimed) for the Socialist Muslim Narcissist Commander In Chief that now rules this falling Great America. So Sad.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/25/12 - 09:10 am
What qualifies you to be

What qualifies you to be president?

May 23, 2012
By Neal Boortz

In an astounding line of defense, Democrats are actually questioning whether or not Mitt Romney has the qualifications to be president. Here are a few recent examples.

Kenny G Wasserman Shultz told MSNBC yesterday, “Mitt Romney has been repeatedly saying that his central qualification for the presidency of the United States is his record at Bain Capital, I think it's entirely appropriate for the president to make sure that voters in this country understand that that is not a qualification for president and if he is representing that it is, then a close examination and a close scrutiny of that record is entirely appropriate.”

Joe Biden told a crowd yesterday, "Your job as president is to promote the common good … That doesn't mean that private equity guys are bad guys; they're not. But that no more qualifies you to be president than being a plumber!"

That is audacious, considering these people are defending a man whose experience includes community organizing and 143 days in the Senate (before he decided to run for president). To be fair, both Barack Obama and Mitt Romney meet the Constitutionally-outlined qualifications to be president: natural-born citizens of the United States, at least thirty-five years old, US residents for at least fourteen years.

But the real question is … what makes a good president? How about leadership? Mitt Romney is a proven leader. Yes, Bain Capital is a part of his past, but what about his leadership as the Governor of Massachusetts or turning around the Olympic Games in Salt Lake City and leading it to success?

If anything, a plumber was more qualified to become president than Obama … at least the plumber had an idea of what it takes to earn a living in the private sector, maybe create a business, write a paycheck or create a business plan. Yes, an understanding of economics isn’t ALL that it takes, but it would certainly help.

Our Great King SMNCICBHO has proven everyday that he is fully qualified to be President of the US.......Ya Right!

happychimer
happychimer 05/25/12 - 09:13 am
Good morning everybody. It's

Good morning everybody. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

G8R H8R
G8R H8R 05/25/12 - 09:18 am
Rant #10

If you don't go vote...dont complain.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/25/12 - 09:25 am
I think of Mr. Rogers every

I think of Mr. Rogers every time Happy says that! :)

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 05/25/12 - 09:33 am
"IT LOOKS LIKE I won’t cast a

"IT LOOKS LIKE I won’t cast a vote for president this year – no one qualified for the office. I haven’t voted since Reagan."

LOL....This guy is patient.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/25/12 - 09:45 am
"It's a beautiful day in the

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood."

Yes, only by the hands of God.

allhans
allhans 05/25/12 - 09:47 am
I would love to know what

I would love to know what "qualifies" one to be president in the eyes of the ranter. Or, then again, maybe I don't.

allhans
allhans 05/25/12 - 06:29 pm
Since the Obama

Since the Obama administration has changed the standard for in-coming presidents so that the first year of their term will be charged to their predecessor,(as per statements made yesterday by Jay Carney, Biden and the media..) then we must remember this time next year when Romney is president... that the first year does not count for him. It will be considered Obama spending, etc.
As ridiculous as this is, it might just be fun in the future.

Dudeness
Dudeness 05/25/12 - 12:20 pm
First year does not count

To hear some tell it, the first 4 years doesn't count. All bad things are still to be laid at the predecessor's feet, but if one good thing happens, then the one currently in office will gladly accept credit. If Obama is re-elected, I expect this standard to extend to the first 8 years.

allhans
allhans 05/25/12 - 12:31 pm
I have always admired Happy

I have always admired Happy chimer..she has a good attitude even when she is outnumbered by all of us on the right..
A good sport!

happychimer
happychimer 05/25/12 - 12:50 pm
Thanks allhans. I try to have

Thanks allhans. I try to have a good attitude. I always look for the good before I see the bad.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 05/25/12 - 02:36 pm
HappyChimer, Most Certainly is Happy

She keeps a calm, polite and cheerful demeanor even when she is outnumbered in person. I know.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 05/25/12 - 02:43 pm
oops

An oops about Laurence Fishburne and The New Avengers.

Jake
Jake 05/25/12 - 04:41 pm
Food Lion

Unless they have recently changed, Food Lion is one store that uses pink slime. I think they also use butt dust in their granola.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 05/25/12 - 04:44 pm
It's a wonderful town....

It's a wonderful town, but still we don't like golf carts being stolen from underneath our carport. Would you? Also people aren't scum but stealing anything from anybody is an immoral act no matter if the person it is stolen from needs it or not. It does not belong to you. You don't have a right to take what was never yours.

BrianMcKInstry
BrianMcKInstry 05/25/12 - 05:37 pm
Congress

Still hard to believe that the U.S. Congress is so concerned about Rodger Clemens lying about steroids. I believe that all of us could charge Congress with lying to us. That goes for our socialist president as well !

United Way opens door to new partners

For the first time since 2010, United Way of the CSRA is inviting new agencies and organizations to participate in the community investment process. The agency pre-application process begins July 29.