Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

BEWARE! LOCAL GOVERNMENT brings up weekly one-day trash pickup and still increases user cost. If less costs more, there is something rotten in Denmark.

ISN’T IT ILLEGAL to collect taxes for a specific purpose and not use it for that purpose?

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE about the driving on Bobby Jones Expressway. Every time we drive on that road I say a prayer to protect our family from harm and possible death. If only Richmond County would hire more law enforcement to patrol this speedway regularly, it would stop these speeders from trying to kill innocent people trying to get to their destinations.

TO THE PRE-SCHOOL teacher whining about the coffee mug, cheap cookies and notepad received from a pupil. How do you know the pupil did not pick those gifts especially for you? As a mom of young children, I get a lot of those gifts, but I love every one of them.

LOOKS LIKE Greece may eventually get expelled from the European Union. Alas, the EU never should have become a union in the first place. On paper, all that socialist stuff sounds appealing to some, but inevitably, it doesn’t work.

A PRESCHOOL TEACHER rants that parents gave her a gift but the gift wasn’t good enough. How sad.

TWO AUGUSTA CLINICS will get federal grants of nearly $10 million to help them “grow.” Part of this will let a clinic leave a perfectly good building and build a new one, obviously a waste. Why does this keep happening?

I DOUBT IF ANYONE will be prosecuted for the Paine College funds mismanagement.

TO THE UNGRATEFUL TEACHER: In my day the teacher got an apple. The “gift” part was if it was “worm-free!” If you’re in it for the gifts, you better consider another career.

IN RESPONSE TO THE rant concerning the Mustang & Ford Show, our spring show has always been a Mustang & Ford Powered event. Our fall show has always been an open show. We also list our charity, where some clubs don’t. We give back to our community. Do you?

WHY IS DEKE STILL talking about a ballpark? Let Ripken put up 50 percent and then build it. He will never put any of his money in Augusta.

Jake
Jake 05/20/12 - 10:01 pm
Gifts

Just be thankful for any gift that you may receive. It might not be what you want but a gift is just that, a gift. Just watched the eclipse and it was not as total as I thought it would be. I will be glad when these spots will leave my eyes.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/21/12 - 07:02 am
Fast & furious disease

Emory University medical doctor Walter Ingram sees at least one to two patients a month at Grady Hospital with the flesh-eating disease.

"Two bacteria are known to spread rapidly within hours - strep and clostridia. Those two strains of bacteria are very rapidly spreading, and in a matter of six to eight hours they can spread to an entire leg," said Ingram.

I thought this was a very rare disease......according to Grady Hosp. they see a few every month...

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/21/12 - 07:15 am
I 100% agree ksl

Yesterday ksl said that isn't in ac's best interest to omit the discussion tab ........I agree...I know I would post more if I could see the posts of others.......
Doesn't make sense to me either....just look at it from our viewpoint pls...........we not only come here to read the news ...we also come here to debate-greet-argue-agree-challenge-aggravate-chastise-laugh-sigh-cuss(in our mind)--& even more emotions.......with our fellow posters...we can't find them anymore...dang it!

itsanotherday1
41916
itsanotherday1 05/21/12 - 07:23 am
SB4, Aimee Copeland has a

SB4, Aimee Copeland has a totally different bacteria; a fact the news media keep failing to mention. They report it as if it is all the same disease when it isn't. Strep is the most common cause of necrotizing fasciitis; Aimee has Aeromonas hydrophila.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/21/12 - 07:40 am
The difference

It is hard for a lay person to know the difference anotherday....but thanks for the info...
Can you get the infection without an open wound?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/21/12 - 08:07 am
Military Spouses Struggle

Good Morning America and Dear God listen to the cries of the people.

Remember Spouses, your husband/wife aren't putting his/her life on the line for America and Freedom. They are doing it in honor of our Great Narcissistic King SMCICBHO. Soon, he will tell you where and what work you can do, how to live and how to die. Enjoy what our men and woman are fighting for ......Socialist America.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/21/12 - 08:16 am
Slideshow: Rare Eclipse

Will, it looks like us Easterners got screwed.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 05/21/12 - 08:22 am
Coffee Mugs

Morning all.
I myself can never have too many coffee mugs.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/21/12 - 08:23 am
Gift

AC, isn't the Rant about the teacher who didn't her gift Mercedes getting old!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/21/12 - 08:26 am
ISN’T IT ILLEGAL

Now, what Government could be that low?

mikesaul
mikesaul 05/21/12 - 08:30 am
Re: Teacher Gift insufficient?

Welcome to our modern entitlement society! Was once true that a tip/gift was viewed as a recognition/acknowledgement for a job well done, good service provided. Now, it is an expectation of existence. I am a waiter/waitress and should get a big tip; I am a teacher and should get nice gifts from all my students' parents; I breathe and should receive all the fruitful rewards of my hard-working and responsible neighbors!

Lovin' the "Hope & Change" yet?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/21/12 - 08:38 am
Welcome

Welcome, Mike Saul.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/21/12 - 08:42 am
Rant 3

I have agree with you. 2 days ago, I was on BJ going to the SC Line. From I-20 to the airport exit I was following 9 cars and and unknown number of tailgating vehicles in back of me......speed 78.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/21/12 - 08:44 am
Mike

Looks like you are my type of American. Welcome aboard.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/21/12 - 08:49 am
No Downers

Geez, 6 post and no downers, I'm losing it!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/21/12 - 08:53 am
Do we all lie sometimes?

only for the liars...heh heh

Cgee ....you haven't lost it---they aren't awake yet..:)
Slim pickins today AC...I'm moving on ....so seeya later folks!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/21/12 - 08:56 am
downer

I gave you a downer cgee.....hope you feel better now...:):)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/21/12 - 08:57 am
Made my day, B4...Thanks

Made my day, B4...Thanks

mikesaul
mikesaul 05/21/12 - 08:59 am
CG and LL ...

Thanks for the warm reception!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/21/12 - 08:59 am
hahah

You didn't have to hug no dad burn wimmen to get it either....seeya!

docroc
docroc 05/21/12 - 09:14 am
DEAR SOMETHING HAS TO BE

DEAR SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE, and Cobalt George I'll bet money in Las Vegas that you are one of the driver's driving in the left lane and not passing anyone. Georgia Code – Motor Vehicles & Traffic – Title 40, Section 40-6-184 states that: “On roads, streets, or highways with 2 or more lanes allowing for movement in the same direction, no person shall continue to operate a motor vehicle in the most left-hand lane at less than the maximum lawful speed limit once such person knows or should reasonably know that he is being overtaken in such lane from the rear by a motor vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed, except when such motor vehicle is preparing for a left turn.” Now get over in the right lane where you belong and quit belly aching! I've got a job and a place to go beside the wellfare office.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/21/12 - 09:22 am
Philosophical

I started thinking about Rant #3. The person makes a choice to drive on a road where he/she does not like how others are driving. So instead of finding another, safer road (and there are alternatives), the person calls for bigger government to make life more pleasant for him/her.

This is the way it starts — one peeve, one annoyance at a time. After a couple of hundred years you've got the United States teetering on socialism and despotism. The U.S. used to be a free country. No more.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/21/12 - 10:06 am
LL, I didn't look at

LL, I didn't look at Ranter#3's comment as someone calling for bigger government. I have to actually agree with them concerning the dangerous speed people drive on BJ. I believe the commenter stated that more police officers needed to be hired to monitor this road to make it safer.

I'm not sure I understand your last paragraph....are you advocating no need for law enfocement or the enforcememt of laws because it will just make us a county teetering on socialism and despotism?

happychimer
happychimer 05/21/12 - 10:16 am
I-20 is just as bad as Bobby

I-20 is just as bad as Bobby Jones.We were on I-20 this past weekend, and almost everyone passed us like we were standing still. I was in the right lane, and cars were seeing how close they could get to me. That did not make me go any faster. It made me slow down just to blank them off.I was going no more than 5 miles over the speed limit. In SC there were lots of motorcylists flying down I-20 wearing no helmets. They were weaving between vehicles. My husband said they better put on helmets if they cross into GA. As for taking another road to avoid bad drivers, where is that road? Nowhere!

happychimer
happychimer 05/21/12 - 10:18 am
ICL for once I agree with

ICL for once I agree with you.

Tots
Tots 05/21/12 - 10:29 am
#8 rant I DOUBT

I would also have to agree-I DOUBT IF ANYONE will be prosecuted for the Paine College funds mismanagement.
Because,I'm still waiting for someone to be prosecuted from the money that was taken from the tax office ....Did they ever find out who did it? Was the money repaid by Kendrick? Many questions still unanswered

kmb413
kmb413 05/21/12 - 10:31 am
Paine College

Misappropriation of funds in order to pay teachers salaries is a serious problem with private colleges. Paine College will probably close it doors.

Tots
Tots 05/21/12 - 10:46 am
Post @ 10:18,

happychimer posted-ICL for once I agree with you.

Dang ICL,don't you feel proud?..... No problem there- I for one enjoy reading what you have to say,and the way you speak your mind in a respectful way ..

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/21/12 - 10:50 am
Discomfort

@tots:

Did they ever find out who did it? No.

Was the money repaid by Kendrick? No.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/21/12 - 11:01 am
docroc05/21/12 - 09:14 am

Your dead wrong on that one. I will go with the flow of traffic even it is at 100 and if I am the last car in the flow in the left lane and one comes up behind me, I will move to the right and let it past so I can get behind it and let it gain 100 feet. Make it feel better, Right.