Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

SOME OF THE SENIORS at the senior center have told me that they do not need garbage pickup but that they are forced to pay because it is added to their tax bills. Some of them are losing their homes because they are on a limited income.

IF YOU STOP the garbage collection twice a week, we will not be known as the Garden City; we will be known as the Garbage City.

TO THE PERSON who complained about the loud, boom-box radios in cars in North Augusta, call the police codes officer and complain. Get tag numbers and call them in. They will react.

THE CITY NEEDS to hire someone to clean Magnolia Cemetery. It is not doing the job.

DOES ANYONE KNOW where to buy kraut in the Augusta area? It is like collard greens that is in a jar like sauerkraut. A store on Crawford Avenue used to have it, but they had to retire. Please tell me where I can buy some.

TO THE PERSON running for sheriff who wants to fire higher ups at the sheriff’s department so he can hire more road patrol officers: Is he willing to take a pay cut himself before he starts firing everybody?

RAVES TO Dr. Shaquille O’Neal. How wonderful that he has his doctorate. And they didn’t just give it to him; he earned it. When he speaks to people in the news, he is not arrogant, just nice and kind. If you write him, he writes back. May God bless him.

“BULLYING” is not tolerated in any of the Richmond County schools as far as the students are concerned. What about “bullying” from the principals towards the teachers? Students and parents have witnessed the principals yelling at the teachers so loudly that the students can hear the conversation through closed doors! Someone needs to do something about this.

IN 1980, CEO pay was 42 times that of the average worker. In 2011, CEO pay was 380 times that of the average worker. In 2011, the average pay of the top 10 CEOs was $52.13 million. What part of that “corporate greed” picture do you not understand?

dwb619
dwb619 05/19/12 - 07:29 pm
collard kraut

There is a small produce market in Belvedere that has it. One mile south of I-20 on US 25, left side of road.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 07:39 pm
Last rant

Yep...that is a big difference....the stockholders need more say about pay!

Techfan
Techfan 05/20/12 - 06:43 am
Boombox radios in cars?

Boombox radios in cars? Didn't boomboxes die out in the 1990s?

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/20/12 - 07:08 am

yesterday wb said..

Seenit, I get your passion for cleaning up but, seriously how would
Corey Johnson be able to plant flowers and paint private property? I do feel sorry for folks who are stuck in these neighborhoods in great decline

Did I say anything about private property...nnoooo I didn't...

That is the problem with thinking about what can be done in South Augusta....
I don't thnk Mtz --Evans are slacking in road cleanup-flowers--& over all nice looking roadways....THAT could be done in south Augusta...
some write it off....saying it is in decline why bother......different county of course but they pay taxes too.....
Many improvements can & should be done to south Augusta....they have been written off long enough.....imo

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/20/12 - 07:14 am
Paying??

Someone said yesterday...

this is their site and we are just guests.

Yeh....but aren't we paying guests....like a motel ......just stoping by....keep the light on & all that ....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/20/12 - 07:20 am
Haha

Yesterday Cgee said...

(((B4))) Don't change your style, I just love active screaming ladies, I hate those that just sit there and don't even make a sound!!

Don't worry---you ain't seen nothing yet...:):)

I wish I had a dollar---you know whatta mean.....:)

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 05/20/12 - 07:33 am
Our own, Josh Kelley, and his

Our own, Josh Kelley, and his wife, Katherine Heigle, are featured in this week's US Magazine.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 05/20/12 - 07:34 am
Somehow the kraut and

Somehow the kraut and boomboxes are running together in my mind in a kind of nauseating way.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/20/12 - 07:56 am
Picture

Guess what johnbrown of augusta ...

My daughter & her friends were in the Columbia county magazine...does that count...?:):)

Sho nuff

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/20/12 - 08:07 am
Jake said

@harley

It was Boogaloo. RIP. Not trying to up any points as I think the points thing is pointless. There are a few that are gone that I would like to see back, including Brad and Cassandra. These people, like Riverman, were very abrasive to to the "powers that be" so they are gone. Sigh. I also liked "john smith" though I didn't agree with him very much but he was always a good read. That is pretty much what I like, a good read even if I don't agree with the comments.

I agree Jake.......some posters make this place fun......I could read the big fat AJC & skip this place....but the characters are here...& my addiction is strong....but you know what I mean because you are in California but yet you come back to Georgia via AC----& I'm happy you do.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/20/12 - 08:40 am
For trouble---roadkill & Cgee

Can't wait for next time we get together....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/20/12 - 08:55 am
GOP ballot

Ok here we go....when the Rep. voters go to the polls on July 31 they will have a chance to vote on casino gambling ....it won't be binding but it will give the elected officials a sense of the mood in Ga.-----my question is....We have the lottery.....isn't that a gamble??

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 05/20/12 - 09:29 am
Tell it like it is seenitB4.

Tell it like it is seenitB4. Let it all out LOL

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 05/20/12 - 10:25 am
Hey everybody!

I've always been able to get kraut at Bi-lo in Daniel village.

JohnBrownAug
1962
JohnBrownAug 05/20/12 - 12:05 pm
SB4, beautiful daughter. I

SB4, beautiful daughter. I know you're proud of your family.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/20/12 - 12:20 pm
As sensitive as AC and some

As sensitive as AC and some on here are, I think everybody should be careful when using the word "Kraut". It falls in the offensive area as using the N word. I think using sauerkraut would prevent some from being offended.

csraguy
csraguy 05/20/12 - 02:00 pm
Help make Augusta look better...

We could do a lot of cleanup work without having to spend a great deal of money. Flowers, etc. are all nice but it would be great to start with getting the grass cut, looking nice and kept that way. Clean up all of the power poles littered at every intersection with posters and flyers as well as all of the real estate type signs at every street corner trying to buy houses and sell mattresses, etc.

As for twice a week trash service - even a family with 3 kids can't possibly fill up that large trash can more than once a week except on special occasions. Frankly, we never needed twice a week service and I am glad the commission finally made the appropriate decision. Anyone who generates that much trash may opt to pay for additional service from a private hauler if necessary.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 05/20/12 - 06:57 pm
Good evenin, group! Had a

Good evenin, group! Had a very pleasant afternoon with CG, today, along with "Precious." It was Precious' first visit to "Cobalt Park."

CG has new gun shootin stuff just waiting to be targeted. I get the feeling that a "shoot-out" might soon be in the planning stages, Can't wait!

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 05/20/12 - 07:24 pm
Sarge...

perhaps I'll be invited to this one?

Tots
Tots 05/20/12 - 08:27 pm
Shoot -Out,

Hi Abby,if you get an invite you should go..Great people to spend some time with, and it's a very lovely place..

KSL
KSL 05/20/12 - 08:38 pm
shoot out

I can't wait! He who is getting a new gun.

KSL
KSL 05/20/12 - 09:24 pm
KSL
KSL 05/20/12 - 09:31 pm
solution to the missing discussion tab

Just post here that you are posting elsewhere.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 05/20/12 - 09:32 pm

I like your simple solution, KSL

KSL
KSL 05/20/12 - 10:36 pm
it should not be nescessary.

It is not in the ac ' s best intersts to make it so difficult to post (advertise hits).

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...