Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RAVES FOR THE staff of the emergency room staff at GHSU for helping my sister in her time of need; they were kind and very patient in a difficult situation. Thanks to Maci H. and her crew that was on the Monday evening shift.

RANTS TO OUR illustrious commission. If cutting the garbage service is going to save all this money, why aren’t the taxpayers going to see a significant refund? It mentions older folks, retirees and veterans as not needing the service. But to pay the same amount of money for less service is not an appropriate response and is not good stewardship of our taxpayer dollars.

THE BURNED HOUSE on Lindsey Road and the burned apartment units on Circular Drive in south Augusta are still there. Still an eyesore and still an environmental hazard. When is Corey Johnson going to make the property owners clean up this mess? Get out and take a look a your district.

IT’S BECOMING A national problem: not using turn signals. Imagine going straight on a 55 mph road when a car using no turn signal turns right in front of you.

IN 1812 THE British prime minister was assassinated. The killer was hanged a week later. Now there’s swift and proper justice.

RAVES TO THE very nice man in line next to me in the Evans Walmart. Thanks for giving me the money that I was lacking to pay the rest of my grocery bill. It was very generous of you.

RAVES TO AIMEE Copeland. I applaud her courage. I feel so sorry for her dad. I have six daughters of my own. I applaud her courage.

HOW DID HUGO Diaz even get a business license if he is an illegal alien? It doesn’t say much for Columbia County’s investigative work.

I’M SO GLAD THAT someone was arrested in the shooting of the Army veteran’s service dog.

AMERICAN HOME ownership is at a 15-year low. Obama has set another record for destructive leadership.

NOW THAT PRESIDENT Obama has solved the health care crisis, eliminated Wall Street greed, provided free contraceptives and formally approved same-sex marriages, it’s now time for him to turn his attention to giving back to its rightful owners all lands stolen from American Indians.

harley_52
harley_52 05/19/12 - 01:05 pm
Maybe the guy with the 30

Maybe the guy with the 30 kids should have made "friends" with wealthier women?

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 01:10 pm
Maybe babysit

Like ICL said....make him babysit with ALL of themmmmm:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 01:12 pm
Poem with meaning...:)

Dry River Bed

The river- was, but died away,
leaving behind sand and stone,
a dry river bed.

The river that once led the way,
To Rameses throne,
Has no more life- dead.

The river from which reeds grew and swayed,
now dead and gone,
all that's left-a dry river bed.

The river that was marvelous by day,
and treacherous once the sun was gone,
is now but a dri river bed.

The river- beautiful, no words could say,
left behind - just a dry river bed.

Esnala Banda

harley_52
harley_52 05/19/12 - 01:15 pm
I hope that's not a comment

I hope that's not a comment on riverman1, seenit.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 01:19 pm
He needs something

The right person to give mouth to mouth is Sean moores......we can't make miracles happen........

Trouble
Trouble 05/19/12 - 06:02 pm
sean honey, we miss riverman,

sean honey, we miss riverman, can we have him back, pretty please???

smokeysbandit
smokeysbandit 05/19/12 - 06:16 pm
cars sneaking in

Maybe ICLS's and Itsanotherday1s' comments about getting cut off will help folks understand how truck drivers feel when a car cuts in front of them while trying to maintain a safe distance. It's amazing how many folks think an 80,000lb 18-wheeler can stop on a dime but yet give back a nickle in change! Best line yet....But,but..you've got 18 brakes!!

Jake
Jake 05/19/12 - 06:19 pm
Excommunicated

I, at one time, had an additional name I posted under but due to many warnings and posts that were pulled, was told that he would no longer be able to continue. It happens. When you get warned and reminded of the "terms of service" and you continue to rile the "powers that be" you can be assured that you will be terminated. Things that you could post 8 years ago or even 2 years ago are no longer allowed. The AC has "cleaned up" our act here and, for the most part, has done a pretty good job. Remember one thing, this is their site and we are just guests.

harley_52
harley_52 05/19/12 - 06:30 pm
Jake...you were posting under

Jake...you were posting under two names? What was the other one?

harley_52
harley_52 05/19/12 - 06:32 pm
SeenitB4....if that's what it

SeenitB4....if that's what it takes, I'll let you handle the negotiations.

Trouble
Trouble 05/19/12 - 06:41 pm
this is their site and we are just guests.

which would be why i asked nicely.........it cant hurt to try

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 07:13 pm
hahah harley

Trouble & I both are bargaining to get him back....sometimes it takes more than 1 attempt with mouth to mouth....
SM is tough........right now we are looking for his soft spots.....:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 07:15 pm
smoozing

I think jake is just trying to up his points here...lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 07:24 pm
I'll have another

That horse is something else....wow....what a race......might win the triple crown....love to watch that horse run......just think the horse only cost $35,000........we could own it!!
We need to buy us a race horse....about 6 of us on here.....

Jake
Jake 05/19/12 - 08:37 pm
@harley

It was Boogaloo. RIP. Not trying to up any points as I think the points thing is pointless. There are a few that are gone that I would like to see back, including Brad and Cassandra. These people, like Riverman, were very abrasive to to the "powers that be" so they are gone. Sigh. I also liked "john smith" though I didn't agree with him very much but he was always a good read. That is pretty much what I like, a good read even if I don't agree with the comments.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 05/19/12 - 09:00 pm
Boogaloo was pretty

Boogaloo was pretty obnoxious, Jake. I can understand Sean pulling
the plug on that act. It was hilarious sometimes, too. I also remember KSL using her social working skills to model appropriate behavior. Boog was a slow learner though and really nothing at all like Jake.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 05/19/12 - 09:08 pm
Group Hug

I agree with IAD 's 8:44 comment. Harley52 had a great question. Also, I saw Carleton's remarks today. Good to see him back.
I agree about missing River. He was smart and fun, Sean.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 05/19/12 - 09:44 pm
Seenit, I get your passion

Seenit, I get your passion for cleaning up but, seriously how would
Corey Johnson be able to plant flowers and paint private property? I do feel sorry for folks who are stuck in these neighborhoods in great decline. Even if they had the motivation and know-how, most do not have the funds. About the only thing that could be done is a "trash ordinance for junk" including old cars. Not sure how they could really enforce it without having the city haul it off for them at no cost.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 05/19/12 - 09:46 pm
Once upon a time, many, many,

Once upon a time, many, many, moons ago, I lived on on Circular Drive. Lots of good memories there.

Jake
Jake 05/19/12 - 10:24 pm
Yes, Willow

Boogaloo could be obnoxious and could be witty, depended on the topic. Sometimes it is good to be obnoxious and witty but in most cases it is better to be civil. If he met anyone of you he would of course be civil and would offer to pay for lunch.

harley_52
harley_52 05/19/12 - 10:31 pm
Jake, was Boogaloo prone to

Jake, was Boogaloo prone to repeating himself?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 05/19/12 - 10:33 pm
Yes, Jake, old Boog was

Yes, Jake, old Boog was quite the character and never predictable. I'lm sure he was a lot of fun. He liked KSL; she had a nice way with him. Gosh, I'm starting to miss him...

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 05/19/12 - 10:43 pm
Yes, harley52, there are

Yes, harley52, there are those who have been executed who were later proven innocent. Kind of stressful to think about. Google it, quite interesting.

harley_52
harley_52 05/20/12 - 08:35 am
Willow, I can't find any that

Willow, I can't find any that I believe are credible. It looks to me like a bunch of anti-death penalty activist propaganda. Can you point to one or two you find particularly believable? Maybe I missed it/them.

Group demands hearing on commissioner appointment

City leaders appeared to warm to a request Monday by the West Augusta Alliance to hold one or more public hearings before appointing an interim District 7 commissioner to serve until Donnie ...