Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RAVES FOR THE staff of the emergency room staff at GHSU for helping my sister in her time of need; they were kind and very patient in a difficult situation. Thanks to Maci H. and her crew that was on the Monday evening shift.

RANTS TO OUR illustrious commission. If cutting the garbage service is going to save all this money, why aren’t the taxpayers going to see a significant refund? It mentions older folks, retirees and veterans as not needing the service. But to pay the same amount of money for less service is not an appropriate response and is not good stewardship of our taxpayer dollars.

THE BURNED HOUSE on Lindsey Road and the burned apartment units on Circular Drive in south Augusta are still there. Still an eyesore and still an environmental hazard. When is Corey Johnson going to make the property owners clean up this mess? Get out and take a look a your district.

IT’S BECOMING A national problem: not using turn signals. Imagine going straight on a 55 mph road when a car using no turn signal turns right in front of you.

IN 1812 THE British prime minister was assassinated. The killer was hanged a week later. Now there’s swift and proper justice.

RAVES TO THE very nice man in line next to me in the Evans Walmart. Thanks for giving me the money that I was lacking to pay the rest of my grocery bill. It was very generous of you.

RAVES TO AIMEE Copeland. I applaud her courage. I feel so sorry for her dad. I have six daughters of my own. I applaud her courage.

HOW DID HUGO Diaz even get a business license if he is an illegal alien? It doesn’t say much for Columbia County’s investigative work.

AMERICAN HOME ownership is at a 15-year low. Obama has set another record for destructive leadership.

NOW THAT PRESIDENT Obama has solved the health care crisis, eliminated Wall Street greed, provided free contraceptives and formally approved same-sex marriages, it’s now time for him to turn his attention to giving back to its rightful owners all lands stolen from American Indians.

countyman
20628
countyman 05/19/12 - 12:52 am
Are the apartments and home

Are the apartments and home private property?? In terms of private property there's not much Corey Johnson can do except making sure code enforcement applies some type of pressure... A developer is building a five lot subdivision at 2129 Circular Drive.. Hopefully this development is replacing those old apartments, or atleast going to make the area more attractive so they can be purchased in the future..

The Rockwood facility is slated to begin this spring, and could have broken ground since the soil erosion plan was approved back in February... The Starbucks facility is now making it's way through planning and zoning.. Both of the developments break ground this year, and combined equal $387 million and $240 jobs in South Augusta..

Here's the site plan for the 7k sq. ft. center coming to the Augusta Exchange(Dunkin Donuts is one of the businesses)..

Here's the site plan for the Steak & Shake coming to Columbia County near I-20.. I'm not sure if the address is Augusta or Grovetown...

omnomnom
omnomnom 05/19/12 - 12:12 am
well, the United States did

well, the United States did break every single treaty it made with various native American tribes. "manifest destiny" or not. it was wrong. shoot. i'll just declare myself to be a sovereign citizen and not pay anymore taxes. just kidding. i don't want to go to gitmo. ya'll hear about how chuck schumer wants to create an "ex-patriot" bill that bans people who renounce their citizenship to avoid taxes? when i get enough money saved up, I'm OUT. This country has gotten its priorities WAY out of wack and partisans on both sides of the aisle keep marching lockstep towards destruction. we have one party that refuses to recognize that printing money only destroys the value of our currency, does little to promote job creation, and wants every state to be equal in law and rule flagrantly violating the constitution. on the other hand we have an equally blind party that refuses to cut one of the largest segments of the budget (military) promotes the establishment of christianity as a state religion and BOTH SIDES BAILED (continue to with quantitative easing and lax [ i mean no ] restrictions on derivatives) OUT BANKERS WHO PUT MILLIONS OF AMERICAN HOME MORTGAGE OWNERS OUT ON THE STREETS REFUSING TO WORK WITH THEM ON PAYMENTS REGARDLESS OF THE EFFECT TO 1) the economy 2) social stability 3) local and state property tax collections. We will end up like Greece or Argentina.

raul
raul 05/19/12 - 12:15 am
Garbage pickup in CC

Not sure how much RC residents pay for garbage disposal. In CC my bill runs approximately 90 dollars every 3 months. Once a week service.

omnomnom
omnomnom 05/19/12 - 12:15 am
p.s. cobaltgeorge, i dont

p.s. cobaltgeorge, i dont have headphones handy. if you'd like to transcribe the youtube video link you posted for me, I'd be happy to rebut or ignore it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 04:55 am
Now what is wrong with this picture

A 33-year-old Knoxville, Tenn. man with 30 children appeared in court this week to ask the state for child-support help, Memphis news station WREG reported Wednesday.

Desmond Hatchett has fathered 30 children -- which is believed to be the record in Knox county, according to the Los Angeles Times -- with 11 different women. His youngest children are toddlers and his oldest is 14.

Hatchett reportedly asked the court to give him a break on his payments, claiming that he's struggling to make ends meet with his minimum-wage job. Currently, the state requires him to divide 50 percent of his earnings among the 11 women, some of whom receive as little as $1.49 a month, WREG reports.

How many tax payers will it take to pay for his kids???

He needs to go to prison for a looong time....he needs a break from breeding.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 05:05 am
Fleming area

Yeh Corey Johnson....get in your car & drive around that area.....clean up the mess & put some flowers in....spruce ....clean....decorate...make it look great again.....get some of the bad younguns on the job.......instead of prison just put them on the roads cleaning every weekend...dang I wish I had input .......I could have that place shining again...

Trouble
Trouble 05/19/12 - 05:21 am
morning

morning all,

seenit, any man who fathers that many children when he cant afford to pay for one of them needs to be neutered......take him to the vet and have him fixed....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/19/12 - 05:23 am
Seenit for the commissioner

Seenit for the commissioner at large spot.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 05:41 am
Hello to Both Trouble & RKill

You do have a good point trouble.....

RK...I would work for free.....just want the place to shine again.....one day---some how---it will happen.......& I won't even say...I told ya so..:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/19/12 - 05:48 am
I agree people not using turn

I agree people not using turn signals is a problem. But if someone you are following turns without signaling and it causes you a problem, then you are following too close or just not paying attention. You should always leave enough room between yourself and another vehicle to avoid or stop before you have an accident. 5 seconds following distance is recommended for cars and pickups.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 06:05 am
Doctors

I talked to my friend on Willis Foreman Rd yesterday....she said more doctors are getting out of medicare because it is too much of a hassle to them.....so now she will have to look for another doctor.......likes the one she has but after many many years with him she has to change....
Many think they will have the same coverage as usual but that just isn't so......it means a lot just to be happy with your doctor....

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 06:18 am
BTW

Did yall see how fast that new Steak/Shake will be up & running?? In just a few months it will be ready for business in Mtz.......I thought --wow---maybe the government could use some builders like that....you know ...think how fast they could get pot holes fixed......roads built....repair work done......on & on....we need more business minded people running the gov.

justthefacts
justthefacts 05/19/12 - 06:36 am
Which ones?

The American Indians? Which tribe do we give the land back to. Comanches, Cheyenne, Sioux, Kiowas. They would not like folks lumping them all together. Based on History, it would not be long before the Comanches would kill off the rest and have it all.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 06:45 am
News is hard to believe at times

Last week, Ramsey, Minn. police say, Alan Petrusson tied himself to a tree, put a blindfold on, exposed his genitals and waited for anonymous sex near a public park, according to CBS Minnesota.

"It's the weirdest thing I've heard of out there," Ramsey Police Chief James Way told The Huffington Post. "We have had reports of sexual activity out there though."

Way also said he's skeptical of Petrusson's assertion that he was just sleeping.

"I don't believe that," he said. "That's up to a judge and/or jury to determine, if it gets that far."

Way said Petrusson faces charges of indecent exposure, lewd conduct and trespassing, since the tree he was allegedly tied to was not on park property.

Some news really causes me to shake my head.....but it happens...

now--time for breakfast---seeyall

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/12 - 06:50 am
Risque

BTW....I thought about changing my style of posting & not be risque.....BUT Ggee said he liked me just like I am..soooo whatever Cgee wants....Cgee will get...:):) byebye

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/19/12 - 07:20 am
Yes, what a Beautiful Good

Yes, what a Beautiful Good Morning America.

Sitting on my bottom patio, drinking a Instance breakfast, looking over a glass surface 21 acre pond, everything green, half acre of my CIC flowers in full bloom, birds having their morning feeding at their seed station, squirrels eating the peanuts off the table in front of me, my three pot tomato garden producing nice red tomatoes, and have not turned on the TV part of my computer to hear all the perfect things our Great King SMCICBHO is doing to make this an even more enjoyable America. What more can I ask for.......

(((B4))) Don't change your style, I just love active screaming ladies, I hate those that just sit there and don't even make a sound!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/19/12 - 07:24 am
Red Faces

Isn't strange how quite the Blogs are now on the Zimmerman/Tyrone issue. A lot of red faces out there.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/19/12 - 07:28 am
"I’M SO GLAD THAT someone was

"I’M SO GLAD THAT someone was arrested in the shooting of the Army veteran’s service dog."

I would much rather it said....I'M SO GLAD THAT someone was shot dead in the shooting of the Army veteran's service dog.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/19/12 - 07:41 am
Garbage Issue.

I pay $118.00 a month for a 3 yard dumpster picked up every Thursday without fail. You get what you pay for.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/19/12 - 07:42 am
Good Morning CG!! Yeah, I

Good Morning CG!! Yeah, I think a few may be stepping back a bit.

RK about following someone, "You should always leave enough room between yourself and another vehicle to avoid or stop before you have an accident. 5 seconds following distance is recommended for cars and pickups."

I tried that once and ended back up where I started. Every time I left enough space between me and the car in front, some jerk would maneuver in between us so I'd have to back off again. Pretty soon I was back where I started. :) Safe travels out there.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/19/12 - 07:43 am
"Obama has set another record

"Obama has set another record for destructive leadership."

You have seen nothing yet!

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/19/12 - 07:44 am
Seenit, saw one of the

Seenit, saw one of the comments on the article you referred to about the young man fathering 30 kids and not making enough to live on. Someone suggested he stay home and babysit all 30 kids and let the 11 women go find minimum wage jobs. Sure after one day he'd have second thoughs about making any more babies, or too tired to.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/19/12 - 07:45 am
Love that come back

Love that come back ICL....lol

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/19/12 - 07:46 am
Yeah, thought it made perfect

Yeah, thought it made perfect sense. :)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/19/12 - 07:49 am
When I was young and a farm

When I was young and a farm boy, Dad use to rent out his prized bull to do what this man has done!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/19/12 - 07:51 am
ILC, it's hard to find

ILC, it's hard to find perfect sense now days.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/19/12 - 08:29 am
dittos ICL

on the car spacing thing. It irks the pure fire out of me for people to keep worming in when I leave a safe margin. Next thing you know, you are 10th in line at the next light instead of second, and have to wait through the light twice.

Keep in mind too, that with ABS that vehicle in front of you can stop a lot quicker than they used to.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/19/12 - 08:33 am
About Diaz

Because ranter#8, we don't do this: http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/government/2012-05-17/cobb-county-join...

We should all encourage our respective commissioners to embrace that program.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/19/12 - 08:44 am
Swift, but not so sure.

#5. There is no way to know how many people have been hanged or otherwise put to death by the state who were innocent. We do know however, a number of people have been set free over recent years due to better forensics.

If there is 100% incontrovertible evidence; yes, we need to have a speedy trial and a speedy appeals process; but I would rather take extra time than execute an innocent person.

harley_52
harley_52 05/19/12 - 01:04 pm
Has there ever been anybody

Has there ever been anybody executed in this country who was later proven innocent?

Just asking.....