Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

TEN KIDS WITH eight women? He’s a multimillion- dollar Jets ball player. And people thought that kind of behavior only happened in the ghetto.

THANKS TO THE PEOPLE too lazy to look at the bottom of the container to see if it is a 1 or 2 for recycling. Now, they took away the Dumpster. I did it for years.

I SUBSCRIBE to The Chronicle on the Internet. I have a rant - to the Press+ company that furnishes the Web site for the AC and matter of fact to the AC too. Hardly a week goes by where I am not prompted to “sign in” - either The Chronicle or the Press+ account. Each one of them has an ID and a password -- mind warping, to say the least. I believe it would be easier to sign on to Fort Knox. I could understand if it were free, but I pay! If it were not for all the wasted paper I would get the paper Chronicle. Try to save trees!!

BEFORE YOU MAKE vacation plans, you’d better put aside some extra money for your electricity bill. Expect the rates to increase drastically this summer as EPA regulations force plants around the country to shut down; and don’t be surprised if we experience brownouts as the temperature rises and the load increases.

DFCS EMPLOYEES who worked on the Ty’Asia case, should not only be fired, they need to be put in jail for this child’s death, along with Jones.

RAVES TO THE aquatics and bus staffs at The Family Y’s Wilson Branch for their stellar performances during the recently completed SPLASH program involving second-graders from several RCSS schools including Copeland and Windsor Spring elementary.

HUNDREDS OF people showed up for the 2nd Tri My Best Triathlon at the Family Y this past Sunday. TV and Radio were there. Where was The Chronicle?

MITT ROMNEY AND the Republicans want to take our country back to tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires and let Wall Street write the rules. We’ve seen that movie before. We know how it ends, and none of us wants a sequel.

CONGRESSMAN PAUL RYAN’S budget is a “Trojan Horse” that will put middle class prosperity out of reach for millions of Americans.

I HAVE PUT IN AT LEAST a half dozen rants and raves over the past couple of years, and none of them have been published. If there is a good explanation, please publish it in the newspaper so those of us who don’t get theirs submitted will know.

Jake
Jake 05/13/12 - 07:43 pm
Signing In

#3. Every so often one is expected to sign in even if you post every day. Just chalk it up as typing skills and quit complaining. Hint - Use the same password for the Chronicle and Press+.
Last rant, I am also curious as to how the process of what is selected for the Rants & Raves is accomplished. Is it one person or several? Is it done over coffee and doughnuts or nachos and beer?

raul
raul 05/13/12 - 08:24 pm
Rant #1

Money doesn't buy class.

Tots
Tots 05/13/12 - 08:41 pm
Rant# 1

raul @ 9:24pm- "Tru dat"..
Look on the bright side,he has plenty of money now,to buy condoms..And pay out the ying-yang for child support..
And i sure hope he is paying child support for all those kids he produced; And- they are not on government assistance...

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 05/13/12 - 09:01 pm
Saving trees

So - you had your say - Jake - I "complained" (free speech) but I DO save a lot of trees!! :<)

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/13/12 - 09:08 pm
"MITT ROMNEY AND the

"MITT ROMNEY AND the Republicans want to take our country back to tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires"

"CONGRESSMAN PAUL RYAN’S budget is a “Trojan Horse”"

More Democrat misinformation being chanted by a someone who is proabably in fear of getting their welfare cut a little bit.

Have another swig of Kool Aid and keep reading that DNC propganda. The Republicans want to keep the tax rates for individuals where they are and reduce CORPORATE tax rates. We have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world and, in addition to unions, we wonder why corporations move the jobs overseas. DUH!

Now, we could talk about Obama and the Democrats wanting to take more of working people's money away in taxes and give it to the welfare crowd and the ride the unemployment for 99 weeks crowd. Or we could talk about Obama and the Democrats taking $500 million from senior citizens on Medicare and giving it to people who never paid a dime into the system. There is much more evil in the Democrat plans than there are in any Republican plans. At least there is from the perspective of working people who believe that everyone needs to get a job and contribute instead of leeching off of the taxpayers and hollering for MORE.

fedex227
fedex227 05/13/12 - 09:25 pm
- "Hardly a week goes by

- "Hardly a week goes by where I am not prompted to “sign in”

Actually I had a similar problem awhile ago, turned out to be a problem with my browser settings ... just a suggestion.

"BEFORE YOU MAKE vacation plans, you’d better put aside some extra money for your electricity bill"

I'm not sure what your source was but the EPA has announced this weel that electricity bills and gasoline prices are expected to continue to drop this summer as the demand for gasoline and coal in the U.S. continues to drop. Several oil companies have announced the shutdown of refineries in the U.S. due to the glut of crude oil currently on the market (of course if they were to ramp up and convert more crude oil to gasoline that would just further drive down the price of gasoline). And goodness knows, in a free market economy, we don't want that.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 05/13/12 - 09:54 pm
Last rant, perhaps your

Last rant, perhaps your comments have been inappropriate. Try some Raves, instead. You'll feel better.

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/14/12 - 12:35 am
Jake

Jake, my bet would be tequila shooters and 8 ball(pool, guys, pool)

Techfan
Techfan 05/14/12 - 02:43 am
Ireland- Lowest corporate tax

Ireland- Lowest corporate tax rate in world 12.5%
Ireland- Unemployment rate down to 14.2% due to mass emigration out of country.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/14/12 - 03:19 am
I want mine!!!!

Now tell me the Emperor and his minions aren't trying to create an entitlement mentality in everybody.......

carcraft
carcraft 05/14/12 - 03:47 am
Well Retired Amy America has

Well Retired Amy America has one of the highest corperate tax rates and America's unemployment is down to about 8% because of the people that have left the work force, not because of the economies increase in jobs! We now have the highest non participating percent of population in decades.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/14/12 - 04:40 am
Note: the WSJ is owned by

Note: the WSJ is owned by Newscorp. The same owner of Fox news and therefore can't be trusted to give factual reporting.

Techfan
Techfan 05/14/12 - 04:59 am
Thought y'all might believe

Thought y'all might believe it if came from Murdoch since y'all think every source except Faux, WND, CNS, and infowars is biased for the left.

Techfan
Techfan 05/14/12 - 05:05 am
I ran into the frequent sign

I ran into the frequent sign in thing too. Bought a new laptop and haven't had a problem since. Virus?

to tell the truth1
to tell the truth1 05/14/12 - 05:33 am
Obits

Can somebody tell me how to navigate to the obits names that are listed on the front page of the paper. I did it before but can't seem to get it this time. Thnaks

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/14/12 - 05:42 am
Posts Not Showing Up

When I post something it appears to me, but others emailed me and said my posts are not showing up to them. Is there something wrong on their part or am I being deceived that my comments are being posted and actually they're not? Confused.

to tell the truth1
to tell the truth1 05/14/12 - 06:02 am
Sigining into paper

No it doesn't mean a virus. I had that problem too. For months you can read without signing in, then all of a sudden it prompts you to sign in. They advised me to sign into Digital everytime and you probably want experience the problem. The real problem I have is when it resets your new pasword, OK you can use the one they link to you for 24 hours, it supposed to send you to another link to change that one. I never see it! As of now I can't get to use my password I want to create, I just keep reading on the temporary one whenever I get the sign in warning. I feel your pain!

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/14/12 - 06:42 am
carcraft re your 4:47am, I'm

carcraft re your 4:47am, I'm sure you meant to say techfan as he was the poster referring to unemployment rates. But then again it wouldn't be your first small error on these boards and I take it as high praise indeed that you would confuse me with tech, allthough I'm not so sure tech would feel the same.

justthefacts
justthefacts 05/14/12 - 07:12 am
Lazy

Remember the days when posters posted their own thoughts here instead of an endless sting on links to other sites?

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/14/12 - 07:26 am
Re Lazy

JTF, you mean to say it is lazy to reasearch and back up your opinions with facts? That's how the comment came accross to me.

I'm grateful to those who would take the time to do so. That way we can all have more information with which to make informed decisions. And, that's Justthefacts. :)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/14/12 - 07:31 am
Good Morning and God Bless America

justthefacts, yes I'm am Lazy so here is Just The Facts....

TERRY ANDERSON, A BLACK LOS ANGELES TALK RADIO HOST WENT DOWN A LISTS OF THINGS OBAMA HAS SAID THAT AREN'T EXACTLY CORRECT:
1.) Selma March Got Me Born - NOT EXACTLY, your parents felt safe enough to have you in 1961 - Selma had no effect on your birth, as Selma was in 1965.
(Google 'Obama Selma ' for his full March 4, 2007 speech and articles a bout
its various untruths.) ! !
2.) Father Was A Goat Herder - NOT EXACTLY, he was a privileged, well
educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan Government.
3.) Father Was A Proud Freedom Fighter - NOT EXACTLY, he was part of one of the most corrupt and violent governments Kenya has ever had.
4.) My Family Has Strong Ties To African Freedom - NOT EXACTLY; your cousin, Raila Odinga, has created mass violence in attempting to overturn a
legitimate election in 2007, in Kenya. It is the first widespread violence
in decades. The current government is pro-American but Odinga wants to
overthrow it and establish Muslim Sharia law. Your half-brother, Abongo Oba
ma, is Odinga's follower. You interrupted your New Hampshire campaigning to
speak to Odinga on the phone. Check out the following link for verification
of that....and for more.
Obama's cousin Odinga in Kenya ran for president and tried to get Sharia
Muslim law in place there. When Odinga lost the elections, his followers
have burned Christians' homes and then burned men, women and children alive in a Christian church where they took shelter... Obama SUPPORTED his cousin before the election process here started. Google Obama and Odinga and see
what you get. No one wants to know the truth.
5.) My Grandmother Has Always Been A Christian - NOT EXACTLY, before her death she dId her daily Salat prayers at 5am according to her own interviews. Not to mention, Christianity wouldn't allow her to have been one of 14 wives to1 man.
6.) My Name is African Swahili - NOT EXACTLY, your name is Arabic and
'Baraka' (from which Barack came) means 'blessed' in that language. Hussein is also Arabic and so is Obama.
Barack Hussein Obama is not half black. He is the first Arab-American President, not the first black President. Barack Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side.
While Barack Hussein Obama's father was from Kenya, his father's family was mainly Arabs. Barack Hussein Obama's father was only 12.5% African Negro and 87.5% Arab (his father's birth certificate even states he's Arab, not African Negro).
7.) I Never Practiced Islam - NOT EXACTLY, you practiced it daily at school, where you were registered as a Muslim and kept that faith for 31 years, until your wife made you change, so you could run for office.
8.) My School In Indonesia Was Christian - NOT EXACTLY, you were registered as Muslim there and got in trouble in Koranic Studies for making faces (check your own book).
February 28, 2008. Kristoff from the New York Times: Mr. Obama
recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it'll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as 'one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.' This is just one example of what Pamela is talking about when she says 'Obama's narrative is being altered, enhanced and manipulated to whitewash troubling facts.'
9.) I Was Fluent In Indonesian - NOT EXACTLY, not one teacher says you could speak the language.
10.) Because I Lived In Indonesia , I Have More Foreign Experience - NOT EXACTLY, you were there from the ages of 6 to 10, and couldn't even speak the language. What did you learn except how to study the Koran and watch cartoons?
11.) I Am Stronger On Foreign Affairs - NOT EXACTLY, except for Africa
(surprise) and the Middle East (bigger surprise); you have never been
anywhere else on the planet and thus have NO experience with our closest allies.
12.) I Blame My Early Drug Use On Ethnic Confusion - NOT EXACTLY, you were quite content in high school to be Barry Obama, no mention of Kenya and no mention of struggle to identify - your classmates said you were just fine
13.)An Ebony Article Moved Me To Run For Office - NOT EXACTLY, Ebony has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn't, and never did, exist.
14.) A Life Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On Life - NOT EXACTLY, Life has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn't, and never did, exist.
15.) I Won't Run On A National Ticket In '08 - NOT EXACTLY, despite saying, live on TV, which you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience first.
16.) Voting 'Present' is Common In Illinois Senate - NOT EXACTLY, they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 NO VOTES.
17.) Oops, I Miss-voted - NOT EXACTLY, only when caught by church groups and Democrats, did you beg to change your misvote.
18.) I Was A Professor Of Law - NOT EXACTLY; you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.
19.) I Was A Constitutional Lawyer - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.
20.) Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill - NOT EXACTLY, you didn't write it, introduce it, change it or create it.
21.) The Ethics Bill Was Hard To Pass - NOT EXACTLY, it took just 14 days from start to finish.
22.) I Wrote A Tough Nuclear Bill - NOT EXACTLY, your bill was rejected by your own party for its pandering and lack of all regulation - mainly because of your Nuclear donor, Exelon, from which David Axelrod came.
23.) I Have Released My State Records - NOT EXACTLY, state bills you
sponsored or voted for have yet to be released, exposing all the special
interests pork hidden within.
24.) I Took On The Asbestos Altgeld Gardens Mess - NOT EXACTLY, you were part of a large group of people who remedied Altgeld Gardens . You failed to mention anyone else but yourself, in your books.
25.) My Economics Bill Will Help America - NOT EXACTLY, your 111 economic policies were just combined into a proposal which lost 99-0, and even YOU voted against your own bill.
26.) I Have Been A Bold Leader In Illinois - NOT EXACTLY, even your own supporters claim to have not seen BOLD action on your part.
27.) I Passed 26 Of My Own Bills In One Year - NOT EXACTLY, they were not YOUR bills, but rather handed to you, after their creation by a fellow Senator, to assist you in a future bid for higher office.
28.) No One on my campaign contacted Canada about NAFTA - NOT EXACTLY, the Canadian Government issued the names and a memo of the conversation your campaign had with them.
29.) I Am Tough On Terrorism - NOT EXACTLY, you missed the Iran Resolution vote on terrorism and your good friend Ali Abunimah supports the destruction off Israel .
30.) I Want All Votes To Count - NOT EXACTLY; you said let the delegates decide.
31.) I Want Americans To Decide - NOT EXACTLY, you prefer caucuses that limit the vote, confuse the voters, force a public vote, and only operate during small windows of time.
32.) I passed 900 Bills in the State Senate - NOT EXACTLY, you passed 26, most of which you didn't write yourself.
33.) I Believe In Fairness, Not Tactics - NOT EXACTLY, you used tactics to eliminate Alice Palmer from running against you.
34.) I Don't Take PAC Money - NOT EXACTLY, you take loads of it.
35.) I don't Have Lobbyists - NOT EXACTLY, you have over 47 lobbyists, and counting.
36.) My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad - NOT EXACTLY, your own campaign worker made the ad on his Apple in one afternoon.
37.) I Have Always Been Against Iraq - NOT EXACTLY, you weren't in office to vote against it AND you have voted to fund it every single time.
38.) I Have Always Supported Universal Health Care - NOT EXACTLY, your plan leaves us all to pay for the 15,000,000 who don't have to buy it.
39.) My uncle liberated Auschwitz concentration camp - NOT EXACTLY, your mother had no brothers and the Russian army did the liberating.
So, who EXACTLY is this Obama guy and what has he been trying to sell us?!
Please get to work now...not enough of your loved ones and friends know about this fraud.

Does this guy ever tell the truth?????

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/14/12 - 07:44 am
Ads ??

What now...ads for food stamps.....didn't they say we are overweight & food is our downfall in this country.....make up your mind folks....

The power of the news machines ...it is really amazing...drugs you have to buy-----lawyers you need asap in 1 call---the bias from BOTH reps & dems...---do we even think anymore....

I turn it off now more than ever before.....maybe GOB is right...he will watch Andy Griffith re-runs over & over....he tels me how crazy I am to get depressed over the news & etc. I watch....

Good am folks....esp Cgee....where ya been hiding......heh heh....

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/14/12 - 07:51 am
WOW

If you like Sinatra you will love this....gives me the chills & something soothing for a change...

Techfan
Techfan 05/14/12 - 07:53 am
Yeah, I get the viral emails

Yeah, I get the viral emails from crazy family members and friends too, along with those from some prince in Nigeria needing to get money out of the country. I hit delete. Great C & P though.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/14/12 - 07:56 am
Nope B4. not hiding, I'za

Nope B4. not hiding, I'za here, had my 72 "Common Sense" Birthday yesterday. Had them all here and it was a plesure to see my offspring sperm with Common Sense.

Techfan
Techfan 05/14/12 - 07:57 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/14/12 - 08:04 am
and then you have "Snopes"

and then you have "Snopes" That can make any Truth a Lie!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/14/12 - 08:06 am
Look like 50

WOW Cgee....you could pass for a younger guy......must be the good living--clean air in Appling---good drinks & friends...:)

Happy Birthday & many more...

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 05/14/12 - 08:08 am
The last ranter.

Keep sending them in It has a lot to do with space on the page so keep your Ran't and raves coming. Keep it short and to the point.

Mayor's race historic, controversial

Hardie Davis is still waiting to take office after winning a mayoral race that featured no white candidates and saw one of his opponents drop out the day before the election.