Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

CONGRATULATIONS TO WRDW. They have hired a winner. Jessica Dill. She is a good reporter, has a beautiful face and such a pretty smile. I enjoy her reporting.

RANTS TO THOSE doctors who have little or nothing to say or explain to a sick and worried patient. A quick read of the chart, write a prescription, rush away. Proper and caring medical attention matters.

RANT FOR THE inconsiderate people on the river for the Day in the Country event. There were many boats trying to enjoy the concert; I understand that everyone has a right to be on the river during an event, but these people in wake board boats had their radios so loud that others could not hear what the bands were playing. Also we did not come to see the suggestive dancing that was going on. I had my 10-year-old daughter with our family.

I SAY LEAVE up Channel 6 studios on Reynolds Street. Leave it up and decorate it as a landmark because it has been there for the last hundred years. Put statues of the people who were on staff there.

SEEMS KIND OF ODD the CSRA Mustang Club is putting on their anniversary car show in May for charity, but you can only enter a Ford vehicle.

ARE THE SAVANNAH Riverkeepers still in the Augusta area? I went to the river today, and it looked like a scene out of the TV show Swamp People. It looks like all they wanted was to close down chemical plants and enlist new members – and of course pat themselves on the back.

COMCAST CUSTOMERS, read your monthly bill. I got mine yesterday and it went up again.

SINCE THE NEWS CREW moved to channel 2 from 54, they look great.

WHO GIVES VICE President Joe Biden the authority to say gay people should be married. He is not God. God made these laws many years ago. People are free to choose what they want, but he shouldn’t say that. They just want the gay people’s vote, and I’m a Democrat. They probably don’t even feel that way. They are just saying that to enthuse the people and get more votes during this election time. He is playing with God now when he is telling people to break God’s law. He ought to be ashamed of himself.

bugga9418
bugga9418 05/12/12 - 08:32 pm
TO THE CEO OF KROGER

I READ WHERE KROGER CO GAVE ITS CEO A 66 PERCENT RAISE FOR THE IMPROVED PERFORMANCE FROM 5.4 MILLION TO 8.9 MILLION. SO WHERE IS THE IMPROVED PERFORMANCE RAISE FOR ITS EMPLOYEES?

TrulyWorried
11962
TrulyWorried 05/12/12 - 09:36 pm
Kroger CEO

Yes - where are the raises for the employees? After all, it takes the little wheels to keep the big wheels rolling. Without good employees there would not be a 66 percent (?can that be?) raise.

TrulyWorried
11962
TrulyWorried 05/12/12 - 09:37 pm
"Points"

I am sorry, but I do not understand the point system. Who is behind allotting the points?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/13/12 - 12:35 pm
#4. Who told you that Romney

#4. Who told you that Romney was going to cut benefits to the elderly? That is an outright lie by whomever fed you that; and the fact is, Obamacare takes 500 million from Medicare. Please stay informed.

#2. I agree. It is wham bam thank you mam and good bye.

Edited to correct my Obamacare misquote.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/13/12 - 01:02 am
Kroger ranters

Kroger has 339,000 employees. Let's see... that works out to $10.32 /employee extra bonus for the quarterback who developed and drove a business model that led to a large profit to the shareholders. Cry me a river! Not to mention, Kroger is union which means the employees are bound by contract to the wages negotiated by that union.

Jake
Jake 05/13/12 - 01:38 am
Be Supportive

Rant #3 - If you are on a public river and do not have a ticket to the festival so you can hear the music as it was meant to be played then don't gripe. Next time buy a ticket to support the acts that you are trying so desperately to hear.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/13/12 - 04:29 am
Happy Mothers Day

To all the wonderful ladies who cheerfully accepted the most difficult and most underpaid job the world has ever known. Happy Mommy's Day!!!!

dwb619
dwb619 05/13/12 - 04:33 am
Union contracts only

Union contracts only establish a MINIMUM rate of pay for a job. The employer may pay above this rate if they choose.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/13/12 - 04:46 am
Say what?

I heard this on MSNBC this morning. According to the Emperors force-fed health care plan, an individual who wants to pay cash for an elective procedure, such as a vasectomy, has to pay what medicaid pays for that procedure. The patient and doctor can't agree to a fee that would be less than what medicaid pay. The reason... hold on... it would be discriminatory to the person on medicaid to have to pay more!

How can a medicaid recipient be paying more when they don't pay anything, or very little in the first place. Just another reason to repeal the whole thing. Government gone wild in trying to control every facet of our lives.

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/13/12 - 06:11 am
points

truly worried, It is my understanding from an article by Sean Moores that points are NOT awarded they are earned through good posting and "thumbs up" from other posters. This is done automatically by computer but they can be taken away arbitrarily for inappropriate or disrespectful posts.

I personally would like to see posters dinged for lying, bad spelling(not the intentional "Stoopid") and poor grammar. But what do I know.

Trouble
Trouble 05/13/12 - 06:16 am
Morning

morning to all, happy mothers day to all the moms, and for that matter single fathers out there who are playing the role of both parents.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/13/12 - 07:01 am
FOR THE GUYS

You are in the middle of some kind of project around the house - mowing the
lawn, putting in a new fence, painting the living room, or whatever . You
are hot and sweaty, covered in dirt or paint . You have your old work
clothes on. You know the outfit - shorts with the hole in the crotch, old
T-shirt with a stain from whom knows what, and an old pair of tennis shoes.
Right in the middle of this great home improvement project you realize you
need to run to Home Depot to get something to help complete the job.
Depending on your age you might do the following:
___________________________________

In your 20's :
Stop what you are doing. Shave, take a shower, blow dry your hair, brush
your teeth, floss, and put on clean clothes. Check yourself in the mirror
and flex. Add a dab of your favorite cologne because you never know, you
just might meet some hot chick while standing in the checkout lane. And you
went to school with the pretty girl running the register.
___________________________________

In your 30's:
Stop what you are doing, put on clean shorts and shirt. Change shoes. You
married the hot chick so no need for much else. Wash your hands and comb
your hair. Check yourself in the mirror. Still got it. Add a shot of your
favorite cologne to cover the smell. The cute girl running the register is
the kid sister to someone you went to school with.
___________________________________

In your 40's :
Stop what you are doing. Put on a sweatshirt that is long enough to cover
the hole in the crotch of your shorts. Put on different shoes and a hat.
Wash your hands. Your bottle of Brute Cologne is almost empty so you
don't want to waste any of it on a trip to Home Depot. Check yourself in the
mirror and do more sucking in than flexing. The spicy young thing running
the register is your daughter's age and you feel weird thinking she is
spicy.
___________________________________

In your 50's:
Stop what you are doing. Put a hat on, wipe the dirt off your hands onto
your shirt. Change shoes because you don't want to get dog doo-doo in your
new sports car. Check yourself in the mirror and you swear not to wear
that shirt anymore because it makes you look fat. The Cutie running the
register smiles when she sees you coming and you think you still have it.
Then you remember the hat you have on is from Buddy's Bait & Beer Bar and it
says, 'I Got Worms .'
___________________________________

In your 60's:
Stop what you are doing. No need for a hat anymore. Hose the dog doo-doo
off your shoes. You hope you have underwear on so nothing hangs out the
hole in your pants. The girl running the register may be cute, but you
don't have your glasses on so you are not sure.
___________________________________

In your 70's:
Stop what you are doing. Wait to go to Home Depot until the drug store has
your prescriptions ready, too. Don't even notice the dog doo-doo on your
shoes. The young thing at the register smiles at you because you remind her
of her grandfather.
___________________________________

In your 80's:
Stop what you are doing. Start again. Then stop again. Now you remember
you needed to go to Home Depot. Go to Wal-Mart instead and wander around
trying to think what it is you are looking for. Fart out loud and you think
someone called out your name. You went to school with the old lady who
greeted you at the front door.
___________________________________

In your 90's & beyond:
What's a home deep hoe? Something for my garden? Where am I? Who am I?
Why am I reading this? Did I send it? Did you?

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/13/12 - 07:11 am
Doya??

RA said...

Why not just shoot em??...........That could eliminate quite a few posters doncha think?
It is easy to turn a fun place into a dull-dark-don't care to go to place....amazing that a business can shoot their own foot off...but it happens..

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/13/12 - 07:18 am
Swamp People??

Now just hold on 1 dad burn minute ....my good friend on Willis Foreman says Swamp People is her favorite show on tv....I thought SAYWHAT.....now after watching tv programs this week I see what she means....sorry-dull-same o---garbage.......yeh...I kinda like swamp people too now.....at least they are down to earth-honest-hard working dudes.....fish for ya supper..LOL..

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/13/12 - 07:30 am
My nursery rhyme for today...

A wise old owl nursery rhyme / poem

A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?

Techfan
Techfan 05/13/12 - 08:09 am
"an individual who wants to

"an individual who wants to pay cash for an elective procedure, such as a vasectomy, has to pay what medicaid pays for that procedure."
Let's see. Doctors complain that they can't break even on what Medicare pays. On average, Medicaid pays around 70% of what Medicare pays. So there are doctors who want to negotiate a rate that's at least 30% below the break even point? Doesn't sound like a very good business model, or did you perchance not fully understand what they were saying?

Tots
Tots 05/13/12 - 08:17 am
Happy Mother's Day

Good Morning to everyone....

Happy Mother's Day,may you have a blessed day..

P.S.And yes,Happy Mother's day to the single father's and grandparents,and all others who help in the raising of our kids.

justthefacts
20031
justthefacts 05/13/12 - 08:27 am
Consider the source

RK said he heard it on MSNBC, so it's probably a lie or misrepresentitive of something.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 05/13/12 - 08:37 am
OK seenitb4, by the time I

OK seenitb4, if I'm halfway through a project and need something other than beer, I'll put it off until next week, otherwise I go to circle k and get more beer.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 05/13/12 - 08:38 am
Why do I always miss dirty

Why do I always miss dirty dancing on the river?

Techfan
Techfan 05/13/12 - 08:38 am
So the allegedly liberal

So the allegedly liberal network, would put out disinformation that made the Democrats health bill look bad? Wouldn't that be up to the propagandists at Faux?

justthefacts
20031
justthefacts 05/13/12 - 08:42 am
Getting old

"Faux", is getting old. New material would be welcomed. I am going to have to issue a thumbs down on that.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/13/12 - 09:03 am
"The employer may pay above

"The employer may pay above this rate if they choose."

Why would they? Chances are they are already paying above what the value is for that type of labor anyway.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 05/13/12 - 09:09 am
Good Morning everyone. As a

Good Morning everyone. As a mom, I want to say thank you RK, trouble and others for your thoughtfulness. However. I have something else on my mind as well. I'm thinking of mom's who for whatever reason are unable to be with their children. Some are physical miles away , others are divided by emotions and unforgiveness, illness and incarceration. My heart hurts for them. I am thinking specifically of a friend of mine whose son is in jail, another who just lost her daughter in a car accident, and Donna Copeland whose child is fighting for her life at the Still Center.

May God hold these mom's and others just like them, today and everyday until they are united with their children.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/13/12 - 09:10 am
seenit, Swamp People is

seenit, Swamp People is interesting for a few episodes, but like all other reality shows, it gets repetitive. Try AxMen sometimes; the guy who pulls sunken logs out of the Louisiana swamps is a hoot.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/13/12 - 09:11 am
Augusta resident

Pick me up some bud lite while you're shopping ...please

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/13/12 - 09:15 am
I have

anotherday...I have seen it & like it too......something about the rugged HE MEN really turn me on...

If AC didn't censor me I would elaborate.....but yall wouldn't believe how they hold my fingers while I type...I mean really....
Sean ...I hope ya working next week cause I have a long email to send toya......if i can't put it on here...you know whatta mean..:)

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/13/12 - 09:48 am
"HOW IS THE economy going to

"HOW IS THE economy going to recover if Romney cuts out Social Security and Medicaid from all the elderly people?"

Another loyal Democrat who never bothers to check the facts and cannot see that those programs will eventually collapse if we don't do SOMETHING to restructure them for the younger generations. The only person that has taken anything from the elderly is Obama who took $500 million from Medicare recipients.