Rants & Raves

THERE IS A BILLBOARD on Bobby Jones Expressway behind the mall at the railroad tracks with rags hanging off it. It has been like that for more than six months. If they aren’t going to put a new sign on it, they should tear it down. There are enough signs along Bobby Jones as it is. They should not allow any more.

THERE IS A DIP on Karleen Road in south Augusta between Tobacco Road and Ulim Road. If that dip was on Walton Way, Monte Sano or Henry Street, it would have been repaired a long time ago. It has been like that for more than 10 years. What are the people in south Augusta supposed to do to get it fixed?

I’M A PRE-SCHOOL teacher and I received a “thank you” gift today from a parent of a pupil since the end of the year is near. My gift was a coffee mug, cheap cookies and a teacher note pad. The parents are wealthy, but there wasn’t much thought put into the gift. I will be giving your child a gift next Thursday. Teachers have enough coffee mugs and note pads because if you remember, that’s what you gave me for Christmas. A teacher would really appreciate a gift card from anyplace, even just a $5 amount, or something they could use.

A HUGE RANT TO ASU’s admission’s department. One worker was very condescending when asked simple questions by an already-nervous incoming freshman. If this is any indication of what is to come, I don’t like it at all.

WHY DO YOU SUPPOSE someone would oppose a voter ID rule? It’s simply because they want illegal votes with which to steal an election. These same crooks don’t want you to have weapons to defend your home and family.

MITT ROMNEY AND the Republicans want to take our country back to tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires and let Wall Street write the rules. We’ve seen that movie before. We know how it ends, and none of us wants a sequel.

WE ARE CONSTANTLY advised that U.S. students’ grades are lower than other countries. Could it be that we are more concerned with how the school’s sports teams are doing? Sports is fine but should be extracurricular, not taking the students away from classroom. There is a section of the paper devoted to sportsm yet any academic accomplishment might rate a small article tucked away in some minor place of the Metro section. Let’s give more credit to the academic students.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/11/12 - 07:12 pm
Ingrate

That is the word I have for the #3 baby sitter.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/11/12 - 07:13 pm
Last rant... High Five!

Last rant... High Five!

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 05/11/12 - 07:19 pm
Complaining about a gift is

Complaining about a gift is a completely ungracious act. Who is to say your gift selections fit the needs of others? Rather than filling your heart with resentment and acting out, communicate your needs to your Grade Mother who can make group suggestions. If a mug still shows up, donate it to someone without one.

Trouble
Trouble 05/11/12 - 08:19 pm
evening

evening all.........

to the whining "teacher" who submitted the 3rd rant, why did you find it necessary to point out that the parents are wealthy? i suspect that if you had been given a gift card for 5 dollars, you would be whining about that instead of the mug. you are a babysitter, call yourself what you want, it is what it is, be thankful the parents even thought about you at all. i hope you are not "teaching" the children in your "class" to be that ungrateful.

raul
raul 05/11/12 - 09:14 pm
Ranter #3

Why would you even expect a gift? I had great teachers and don't remember giving any of them a gift. I hope your attitude problems aren't conveyed to your students.

Tots
Tots 05/12/12 - 03:41 am
Ungrateful rant #3 Just be

Ungrateful rant #3
Just be happy the parent thought to give you anything as a thank you gift..I cain't tell you how many coffee mugs i've gotten ,cheap gifts,and or candy..But ,those gifts always make me feel happy to know the parents were thinking about me..
My favorite mug came from a brother and sister from Willis Foreman Elementary..I've been using that mug for about six years,and think about those two kids often..
The mug has a great saying on the side of it..
Dear God,I'm giving it my best.As I travel along life's highway.God's word is my road map.God gives me great directions for finding the way.
If I follow the map and I stay on the right road,I wont get lost.
The miles in between are the toughest.I pray I will not get too weary.I will try my best to follow God's directions.. " Yes I love that mug"..

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/12/12 - 12:09 am
About the ungrateful baby-sitter

And the entitlement mentality moves onward. He has more than me so he should give me some. How about you quit your baby-sitting job and go to college. The you can yourself become one of the mean rich people. And have you thought of this... if the "rich" family didn't use your baby-sitting services you wouldn't even have a job. My God, can't you just say "thank you" and accept the fact that they thought enough to get you something? I was an instructor in my job for over 7 years. I had one of my students buy me a tee shirt that I really didn't like. But I graciously accepted it and was glad that I had made a good enough impression that they even thought to get me a gift. But then again we were both acting like adults, not pre-schoolers.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/12/12 - 12:11 am
Good morning to the few sane

Good morning to the few sane ones left out there. You know who you are.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/12/12 - 12:13 am
Give me the mug. I collect

Give me the mug. I collect coffee mugs. It just might be a great addition.

desertcat6
desertcat6 05/12/12 - 03:10 am
Gifts to teachers are

Gifts to teachers are generally reflective of a teacher's positive impact on a student and performance. Pause and reflect before a petty rant.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/12/12 - 07:10 am
Oh yes, it is another great

Oh yes, it is another great morning in this great United States of America.

Lets see, we have rags hanging off a billboard, a dip on Karleen Road in south Augusta between Tobacco Road and Ulim Road, a urinated off teacher who did receive a Mercedes for doing her job, a nervous incoming freshman wasn't told nicely where the bathrooms were, those famous ID crooks who wants their freedom that others have to abide by, yes, those that want to repeat the sequel that we have had for the past almost 4 years and it is for sure more important to know how to throw a football than know that the earth is round.

These are real good issues to yell about today. The heck with economy, gas prices, your hard earned tax dollar given to the nonworking poor, honoring our King SMCICBHO who is one step away from destroying this once beautiful country, allowing homosexuals to bury morality, giving our criminals more time to improve their skills in killing, robbing and raping and more and more and more, so sad!

You all have a good day building your Points.

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/12/12 - 07:22 am
To The Moderators

I have noticed that some posters have amassed about 9,000 points. I submit there's something wrong with your grading system.

meginlea
meginlea 05/12/12 - 08:01 am
Such a bad attitude ranter

Such a bad attitude ranter #3. Be thankful you even got a gift. They don't HAVE to buy you something :/. Sad state of the world.... :/

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/12/12 - 08:18 am
Too Observant

I drive Bobby Jones Expressway five days a week. I have never noticed the billboard with the rags hanging off it. Some people just go out of their way to complain about other people's property. How about a little tolerance from ranter #1?

Chill out a little.

allhans
allhans 05/12/12 - 08:56 am
Next to last rant says

Next to last rant says Republicans want to "take things back...".
I didn't realized that we had gone anyplace. Looks like the same old doings to me.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 05/12/12 - 09:34 am
Good Morning Y'all. We sure

Good Morning Y'all. We sure need some Raves. I'm going to rave on CG and Sarge, long time posters, both enduring difficult circumstances and still placing their faith in God. They are a great inspiration to me.

Martinez
Martinez 05/12/12 - 09:46 am
Thought that counts?

Nice display of complete disrespect and ungratefulness pre-school ranter. The fact that you mentioned the family is wealthy demonstrates that you felt they should do more so don't try to fool yourself or anyone else into thinking that a $ 5 gift card would have pleased you more. A gift, whether a handmade card or $ 100 gift card, is still a gift. It is given out of thoughtfulness. Quit your complaining and be grateful that the family thought enough of you to do anything at all as it certainly is not required. While a coffee mug might not have required a lot of thought or creativity, it did require they think of you at all. I sure hope you don't teach the kids this kind of insensitive, ungrateful and disrespectful behavior.

happychimer
19612
happychimer 05/12/12 - 09:57 am
To those calling a pre-k

To those calling a pre-k teacher just a babysitter, have you ever visited a pre-k class? apparently not.

happychimer
19612
happychimer 05/12/12 - 09:58 am
Good morning everyone. It's a

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful day.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 05/12/12 - 10:26 am
"About the ungrateful

"About the ungrateful baby-sitter:
And the entitlement mentality moves onward"....well worth repeating!!!!!!.

What type of person complains about a GIFT?????

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 05/12/12 - 11:43 am
What a nice compliment,

What a nice compliment, Willow! Thank you so much for thinking of George and me! I've missed you and the regular posters, by not being here, but I'm working on much better performances directed toward a more positive attitude!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 05/12/12 - 11:54 am
Pre-School Educator

"I’M A PRE-SCHOOL teacher and I received a “thank you” gift today from a parent of a pupil since the end of the year is near. My gift was a coffee mug, cheap cookies and a teacher note pad."

A "gift" is a respectful offering to someone who deserves a little special attention. I can think of no one who deserves this attention more than Educators and those in the medical profession. Educators in particular, choose to teach not because of gifts, but because mostly they are dedicated to enriching the lives of our children. Pre-school teachers looking for material rewards from parents, should be at peak performance in the classroom. My guess is, the materialistic pre-school teacher doesn't come close to being a top performer, regardless of the "gift" received. After all, what "educated professional" would publically complain about a gift?

allhans
allhans 05/12/12 - 11:55 am
You are right Happy. A

You are right Happy. A beautiful day.
I just wish that everyone was able to get out and enjoy it.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/12/12 - 12:48 pm
THERE IS A DIP on

THERE IS A DIP on Pennsylvania Ave in Washington DC between 17th St NW and 15th St NW.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/12 - 01:14 pm
NUT DRIVING

RKill...There is a nut driving a big rig in Washington DC..:):)

WOW cobalt---I'm jealous....waaah waaah...I want my points at a low number like CGEE....how did you do it CGee???
I'm trying to get it back down to 0 where it belongs....:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/12/12 - 01:49 pm
What nut?

It ain't me. I'm in Iowa currently. Waiting for a load to NC

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/12/12 - 02:26 pm
aaahhh

I gotcha now RK....be safe ...

Cadence
Cadence 05/12/12 - 02:32 pm
Teacher gifts

I had to laugh because that is what teachers get. The traditional gifts are coffee mugs with saying on them, apple shaped things with sayings on them, candy dishes with sayings on them, pens with apples on them. They are meant to express sincere appreciation, but parents don't know what to get, and everyone drinks coffee, right? Teachers need notepads; shoot, everyone needs them. The cookies were a nice bonus. A gift of cash (i.e. gift card) might be a little offensive to some. I guess you could put a tip jar on your desk or just tell parents that you expect a cash gift at the end of the year or nothing. Otherwise they will think that you appreciate a thoughtful gesture. Better luck next year.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/12/12 - 02:38 pm
I don't blame the teacher for

I don't blame the teacher for not appreciating the gift but what class having your complaint published in the newspaper....WOW. If you didn't like the gift, pack it away or rewrap and give it to someone who will appreicate it. Some people have no manners.

Pu239