Rants & Raves

RANTS TO CARPOOLERS from SRS who park in the Publix parking lot on Furys Ferry Road. You are taking up customer parking places. Find other places to park on the same street, such as the closed Food Lion’s parking.

THERE WAS A comment about white people being pedophiles. On the front page of Metro that same day, there was a story about a black band leader performing sex acts on a 15-year-old. Someone needs to get their facts straight.

I CAN’T UNDERSTAND why you run other editorial cartoons instead of using our local Rick McKee. His are always better-drawn and more pertinent to the subject matter.

KITTY REYNOLDS, from Learning Daycare Center in Grovetown, paid for a bag of potting soil when I, 80 years old and on a small Social Security, was going to buy it. I hope she gets blessed in return. Thanks, Kitty.

WHEN WILL THE North Augusta Department of Public Safety start enforcing the laws for boom-box cars, especially on Bunting and Amherst? They are unbelievable. If they can’t do anything else, just stop one so the word will get around. Please.

RAVES TO Columbia County Sheriff’s Office. Thank you for all the good work you do.

I HAVE BEEN LIVING from age 6 to over age 90 in Europe and the U.S.. In 1976 I moved to Richmond County. Everything was good for me until some lowlife stole money from me while I went to check my mailbox. I wish sincerely that the worst would happen to him or her.

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE tell me why, if you call the Social Security office three different days and ask them the same question, you get three different answers when everything should pull up in front of them on the screen?

I WAS GLAD TO see the editorial cartoon on May 2 about Obama blaming everything on Bush. It is exactly 100 percent correct. Congratulations. You have finally printed the truth.

ANOTHER HOTEL APPROVED and on Walton Way Extension. More trees disappearing in the name of progress. What has the Garden City come to – a parking lot?

I JUST WENT TO a local grocery store. “Sheeple” pay all this money for food and then have to ring yourselves up. Keep on falling for it. I won’t.

ALL THE EM­PLOY­­EES under city gov­ernment should be investigated.

dokken3605
dokken3605 05/10/12 - 11:08 pm
Ref the boom car on bunting

Ref the boom car on bunting the City of North Augusta cant touch them until i believe it either 10 or 1030 pm due to law BUT you can call Aiken County report prob and they will right tickets there ordinace is effective 24 7 we were having same prob in our neighborhood we called and reported the prob they sent two cars to patrol for appox 2 or 3 days wrote a lot of tickets,later yrs now ive only heard one car going thru neighborhood with a loud radio .

countyman
19174
countyman 05/10/12 - 11:42 pm
Rant #10...... The Augusta

Rant #10...... The Augusta Exchange area of West Augusta is one of the most desirable places in the entire metro and CSRA... The Home2Suites by Hilton will be a nice addition to the area. The residential development at 1213 Augusta West Pkwy, Mcdonalds at 3646 Wheeler rd, Residence Inn by Marriott at 1110 Marks Church rd, construction behind Buffalo Wild Wings, and the 7k sq. ft. commericat center at 3670 Wheeler rd break ground in the near future.. There's still plenty of land along Walton Way Extension on the other side of I-20, near ADP, on Interstate Pkwy, and Wheeler rd going towards Martinez.. West Wheeler Pkwy is a very nice place to live, but they should have let some of the businesses open near the development... West Augusta needs a few town center developments(condos, townhomes, a few apts, a few single family(not cookie cutter), offices, restaurants) who are pedestrian friendly... The Carmax area or Wheeler Town park(if that's still the name) could be one of them since residential is coming very soon.. South Augusta could use one along Peach Orchard btw Brown rd and the actual city limits of Hephzibah(Hwy 88), Mike Padgett going past Brown rd, or Hwy 56 near Goshen/Brown rd......

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/11/12 - 01:05 am
#2. Do your homework. Look up

#2. Do your homework. Look up the definition of pedophile first, then go from there. If you are then paying attention; try to recall the cases involving pre-adolescent children. Virtually all white men. Look it up.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/11/12 - 01:11 am
Next to last; I am no

Next to last; I am no sheeple. I check myself out because I am past tired of idiot people who don't even reach for their purse or wallet until after they get a total. By the time they find their checkbook, write the check, stuff everything back in the purse, zip it up, I am in my car and on the way home using the self check-out.

Trouble
Trouble 05/11/12 - 05:37 am
Morning

morning all, at least todays rants are not repeats. yall have fun, it is time for me to get ready for work

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/11/12 - 07:34 am
McKee #3

Hey, I didn't know the Comical let it's employees submit Rants too.

Way to go Rick. Ya gotta eat. :)

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/11/12 - 07:36 am
#11

Yup! that's real smart. Stop eating and we won't have to see wasted dead tree space such as this.

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/11/12 - 07:39 am
#9

Ok Rick. There's mom's rave.

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/11/12 - 07:59 am
Cliche For Today: "Every pig

Cliche For Today:

"Every pig gets twisted some weeks."

meginlea
meginlea 05/11/12 - 08:30 am
Racism :(

Why does the AC even PRINT rants that are racially charged? I know people have 'freedom' of speech, but racial comments just seem filled with hate. I'd toss them out the window instead of printing them :/. It is a waste of space and just ads fuel to an already raging fire.

(Regarding rant #2 and the rant to which he/she was responding).

David Parker
David Parker 05/11/12 - 09:01 am
Raving only on Fridays

jez echoin

justthefacts
20501
justthefacts 05/11/12 - 10:13 am
Rant 8

It's run by the govenment.

Jake
Jake 05/11/12 - 10:21 am
McKee

I didn't know the Chronicle had other editorial cartoons, all I see is McKee's. Must be in the print edition that they have others.
I think Rick is a fine cartoonist though I don't normally agree with his political slant but I guess you have to please the home crowd. I also admire Mike Luckovich's work in the AJC, which is more to my political leanings. Actually, MAD magazine is more to my political tastes.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/11/12 - 10:25 am
In response to the #1 Rant

In response to the #1 Rant concerning people parking in the Publix parking lot and your suggestion to park in the closed Food Lion parking lot. Well, that makes a whole lot of sense (NOT). If they park in the closed Food Lion parking lot, it's like putting a big neon sign on every car.....they know the drivers are all carpooling to work so no one there to notice they've broken into several cars until the owners return from work. At least if they parking the Publix parking lot, there is always people coming and going and less likely someone will try and break into your vehicle.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 05/11/12 - 11:46 am
...

Jane18
Jane18 05/11/12 - 12:18 pm
Rant #2

If anyone thinks that that pedophiles are only of the white race, then you are one confused individual.
Children are coming out more and telling on these "rapists". Most little children have been threatened in one way or another, and are scared to say anything. The pedophile works on the child psychologically too, and the child is confused besides being hurt. No one need think that blacks and latinos do Not molest children...........just ask Oprah........

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/11/12 - 01:14 pm
OK, Jane; you lost all

OK, Jane; you lost all credibility when claiming someone said "all". The statement was "virtually all", which means a large majority.

EDIT: I will concede a correction; the statistics I looked up said 75% white (including hispanics), 25% black for child molesters; which is not the same as "pedophile", who have a sexual attraction to pre-adolescents.

75% does not rise to my description of virtually all, but it is still a decided majority.

2nd edit: Well, well.... The more I dig and research, the more egg I'm finding on my face. Figuring the racial makeup of CSA's against their representative % of the overall population indicates I am WRONG.

So be it. Glad to learn something new and disabuse myself of a common MYTH.

comet2u
comet2u 05/11/12 - 02:30 pm
I was glad - don't worry if

I was glad - don't worry if your boy Mitt gets elected you too can blame 100% of everything on the previous president....maybe...

raul
raul 05/11/12 - 02:39 pm
@Jake

Jake, my man, how are you racking up all those points? You have outdistanced most, if not all, of the regular commenters.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/11/12 - 02:51 pm
Al,Jessee??? Where are you?

Come on guys, lot of TV face time available for this story. All you have to do is ask for a special prosecutor to get to the bottom of the story. Maybe you could even get Eric to put a little pressure on the VA gov't. Kinda like he is in AZ. And all Sheriff Arpaio did was enforce the laws. The sheriff just chose to enforce the laws that Eric and the Emperor didn't want enforced.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/11/12 - 03:01 pm
stupid is as stupid does

OK, he has gotten us 15 TRILLION in debt and we are stupid enough to let him keep the check-book?

Jake
Jake 05/11/12 - 05:24 pm
I'm on a roll!

@raul, I dunno. Didn't you slip Sean a grand like me and Retired Army? I am commenting somewhat frequently and being civil. Maybe it is like what Roadkill was suggesting the other day, a golf score. If that is the case then I am scoring just like I do in golf, on the high side and won't be making the cut. In any event I will keep plodding along here and not worry about scores. At some point I will probably put my foot in my mouth or in someone else's.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/11/12 - 06:23 pm
All thumbs down?

Sorry if the truth hurts, but they are all the facts, don't take my word for it, look it up yourself.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 05/11/12 - 06:45 pm
Truth

Truth is out there, whether we state it, or it is discovered by those bold enough to publish it!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 05/11/12 - 10:15 pm
Facebook down?

Has anyone here noticed their facebook pages are blank? There have been many reports on the Facebook help forum that their Facebook pages are blank. Mine is, too. I log in and it shows the top blue tool line with the categories, but they don't work and the pages are blank. Could this have anything to do with the co-founder's news announcement today? He has just given up his U.S. citizenship and is moving out of the country.

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/11/12 - 10:37 pm
Jake posts: @raul, I dunno.

Jake posts: @raul, I dunno. Didn't you slip Sean a grand like me and Retired Army?"

Jake, Sean only hit you for a measly grand? Sean, you got some 'splainin' to do.