Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WE ARE GETTING CALLS three or four times a week saying there is something wrong with our credit cards. They want checks to support the local police and now we are getting calls about all this political thing. I think every one of them is a scam, and enough is enough.

IF I WAS TO SAY that the problems pertaining to this nation’s schools (murder, mass murder, sex, total disrespect, the explosion of alternative schools) are directly related to the removal of the Bible and biblical-based principals (respect, restraint, love, obedience), would you consider me a crackpot, naive, uninformed or just ignorant?

WHY DOES PRESIDENT Obama have to leave Washington so often? He takes two to three trips every week. After three years, he has easily spent a billion dollars just to stage his photo ops
delivering messages he could have easily delivered from the White House.

WHY DO LAWMAKERS in Georgia allow animals to ride in the back of pickup trucks? This really baffles me. They seem to have their noses in everyone else’s welfare, but who is concerned about these poor animals? I’ve seen them sliding from side to side in the back of trucks, trying to get their footing, especially when going around bends.

A RANT FOR LAKESIDE High School student in a dark-blue Jeep Laredo. Where did you learn your driving manners? Mirrored sunglasses are obviously distorting your vision.

I FIND IT VERY appealing that with all these Republicans in this red state, no matter how many lies you make up or distort facts about Obama, he will win in November and there is not a thing you can do about it..

WHY IS AMERICA so dirty and filthy? Go to Europe and look at some of the countries over there. They are perfectly beautiful and clean. I think Americans are just lazy. Let’s put down the remote control and get into the sweeping.

OBAMA IS GOING TO be living off of public assistance for the rest of his life. If he is so concerned about the poor, he ought to give all of his income for the rest of the year to the IRS.

I’LL GIVE OBAMA a pat on the back concerning the killing of Osama bin Laden. But the ones who absolutely deserve the credit are the Navy SEALs, military, CIA and others who worked diligently.

copperhead
copperhead 05/08/12 - 07:25 pm
Here's another lie about

Here's another lie about hussein,he released terrorist leaders and promised the muslim brotherhood(more terrorists) over a billion and a half dollars! While i'm lying about hussein,he didn't post any bills on the internet before passage. Nor did he put the hearings about obamacare on cspan. ALL lies!

copperhead
copperhead 05/08/12 - 07:34 pm
How do we justify putting

How do we justify putting half the terrorists on trial at gitmo and releasing the other half on their word that they won't commit any more terroristic acts? i'm sure they wouldn't lie to infidels! Aren't y'all?

fedex227
fedex227 05/08/12 - 08:23 pm
"If I was to say that the

"If I was to say that the problems pertaining to this nation’s schools ... are directly related to the removal of the Bible ... would you consider me a crackpot, naive, uninformed or just ignorant?"

Hmm, tough choice.

fedex227
fedex227 05/08/12 - 08:28 pm
Okay, I choose D. - just

Okay, I choose D. - just ignorant. Was I right ?

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/08/12 - 09:26 pm
What lies

"matter how many lies you make up or distort facts about Obama"

What lies? All you have to do is look at the deficit, the growth rate, the unemployment rate, the number of people who have given up looking for work, the number of people on welfare, and Obamacare......and there ain't a lie in the bunch. Obama is a disaster and if he gets re-elected he will be an uncontrolled disaster.

twolane
twolane 05/09/12 - 12:35 am
why is america so

why is america so filthy....hmmm chernobyl ring a bell......ill take a guess and say youve never been to europe there are some cities where the air is so dirty after about a month you actually cough up black smut.......europe does not have the pollution regulations we have so you sir or maam do not have one iota of what you are talking about.......better yet buy a plane ticket and dont come back

twolane
twolane 05/09/12 - 12:36 am
and yes since we moved away

and yes since we moved away from the bible this country has been circling the drain for a looong time...pretty soon folks will be marrying farm animals

Trouble
Trouble 05/09/12 - 02:28 am
morning

morning all,

dichotomy, it matters not if he actually did the things he is accused of, the only thing that matters is that it makes obama look bad, if it does, it is a lie, if it doesnt, it is the truth........this is the worshipers way of thinking.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/09/12 - 05:57 am
Good Morning America.Rant 6,

Good Morning America.

Rant 6, give us just one lie or distorted fact ever said about our King SMCICBHO?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/09/12 - 06:19 am
Cobalt, that is a fruitless

Cobalt, that is a fruitless question to ask!

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/09/12 - 06:29 am
Good morning Obama haters.

Good morning Obama haters. Here's a little something to go with your coffee.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/09/12 - 06:42 am
Hahaha

Good morning trouble & Cgee...I went ahead & gave yall some upthumbs cause I know what you will get today!!

When I read the paper.... AJC....I laugh out loud sometimes....it sez...
Growing sector may be key to recovery....a Washington Dc think tank says that well-paid factory jobs could turn this economy around...DUHHHH
WE HAVE SAID THAT FOR YEARS ON HERE>...are we a think tank...nahhh..but at least we think...
Manufactoring jobs......decent paying jobs...not everyone needs college & the huge loan to pay off.....
vocational schools are coming back...thank goodness....it is about time common sense made a comeback.....
The schools need common sense leaders too....kids are running the place right now.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/09/12 - 06:47 am
THINKING

I could make better decisions for this paper too....bring in more people BUT they are tooo scared to let me do it...
I would/could make it interesting....the baddies make this place interesting btw....too bad yall can't see that!

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/09/12 - 06:51 am
Cliche For Today: "It feels

Cliche For Today:

"It feels like we're walking towards Cleveland with this one".

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/09/12 - 07:02 am
Update

Steve Crawford updated his story on the Masters Scalpers court cases last night. You might want to read it for a refresher:

Case Dismissed

What do you think about the sheriff's heavy handed abuse of the disorderly conduct ordinance against our visitors?

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/09/12 - 07:18 am
Warnings

LLamb....warnings would have worked---arrests just left a bad taste for everyone involved. .imo

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/09/12 - 07:58 am
Hot posters

You know what....some posters are like this song..

But we need them on here......this place gets cold & dark without them...seeya later...

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/09/12 - 08:38 am
RA...back at ya...

My coffee tastes just fine this A.M.

toldyaso
toldyaso 05/09/12 - 08:45 am
@IF I WAS TO SAY "that the

@IF I WAS TO SAY "that the problems pertaining to this nation’s schools (murder, mass murder, sex, total disrespect, the explosion of alternative schools) are directly related to the removal of the Bible and biblical-based principals (respect, restraint, love, obedience), would you consider me a crackpot, naive, uninformed or just ignorant?"

Actually, I would put this in the category of "CAUSE and EFFECT". This seems to escape the more politically correct observers.

happychimer
19396
happychimer 05/09/12 - 09:00 am
Good morning

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I was getting calls everyday trying to sell me something, give me a credit card, asking for donations, and political call and surveys. Now I only answer the phone if I know the caller. If the call is important, they will leave a message.

happychimer
19396
happychimer 05/09/12 - 09:02 am
dogs in truck

I hate seeing dogs in the back of trucks too. It is not safe for the animal.

happychimer
19396
happychimer 05/09/12 - 09:04 am
politics

I will leave the politics alone. I am not going to discuss or argue politics. Ya'll have a good day.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/09/12 - 09:15 am
Happy, I do not answer my

Happy, I do not answer my phone for a strange number either. I have a device called OOMA that allows me VOIP, so phone bill only runs <5$/ month; but it has other slick features like blacklisting numbers, replaying messages through your computer etc. I just periodically look at the call log via my laptop and blacklist numbers that I am certain are not people or businesses I know. Political calls have all but stopped.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/09/12 - 09:08 am
Dichotomy:"Here's one back at

Dichotomy:"Here's one back at ya RA. Gallup poll...registered voters....same time period.......Romney 47 vs. Obama 44"

If history is any indicator, that could be 56-44, because the undecided vote typically goes against the incumbent. Obama is toast.

Dr. Craig Spinks.Georgians for Educational Excellence
RAVES to Mr. Justin Morris

RAVES to Mr. Justin Morris and his Westside High School Band/Orchestra on their resounding performance last night in their Spring recital in the school cafeteria.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 05/09/12 - 09:15 am
Itsanotherday1, one, can

Itsanotherday1, one, can certainly hope.

David Parker
David Parker 05/09/12 - 09:56 am
I gave Soapy 275 thumbs up

I gave Soapy 275 thumbs up for quoting Merle and happychimer for abstaining from political pot-shotting.

Oh yeah, and what about the cat problems? walking around, meowing, being a feline and all...

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/09/12 - 10:28 am
Ugly America

Come ride with me a week. America is beautiful. Look further than your own back yard.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/09/12 - 10:31 am
Only In America

I just couldn't help post this one. God Bless America, it needs it.

Only in America could politicians talk about the greed of the rich
at a $35,000 a plate campaign fund raising event.

2) Only in America could people claim that the government still
discriminates against black Americans when we have a black President,
a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is
black. 12% of the population is black.

3) Only in America could we have had the two people most responsible
for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury
Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means
Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher
taxes.

4) Only in America can we have terrorists kill people in the name of
Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims
might be harmed by the backlash.

5) Only in America would we make people who want to legally become
American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens
of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting
anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just become American
citizens.

6) Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the
budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
"extremists."

7) Only in America could you need to present a driver's license to
cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

8) Only in America could people demand the government investigate
whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas
went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company
(Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes
(Nike).

9) Only in America could the government collect more tax dollars from
the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a trillion
dollars more than it has per year for total spending of $7 million PER
MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.

10) Only in America could the rich people who pay 86% of all income
taxes be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't
pay any income taxes at all.

Trouble
Trouble 05/09/12 - 10:52 am
rolltide

stolen off of a former posters fb page...

I dont approve of political jokes. I have seen too many of them get elected