Rants & Raves

TO THE PEOPLE who want to dismiss Super­in­tendent Frank Roberson, if you went out on your job sick, would you want your job to dismiss you? Let’s have some compassion for people that are ill. This is not something that this man did on his own; it is something that just happened to him. Let’s be patient.

THE WHOLESALE PRICE of natural gas has fallen 80 percent since 2005, (33 percent in 2011 alone) but our gas bills continue to rise. Why?

RANTS TO The Augusta Chronicle’s Spotted. This is the second year in a row you did not take pictures of Westside’s prom. I was really looking forward to seeing pictures since it seems someone attended every prom in the county … maybe next year.

RANT TO The Augusta Chronicle. Why do I have a newspaper box like my mailbox when your carriers NEVER use them?

COMCAST HAS a line cutting across the middle of my backyard! We have called, written letters, everything to no avail … Contractors will not construct under it, it’s so low-hanging. We are being held hostage! We would actually cut the thing down, but we really like our neighbors.

DURING THE PAST school year, the “elected members” of the Richmond County Board of Education have failed to fully support the students in Richmond County. Their lack of leadership, in my opinion, will have a definite negative impact on the majority of students in Richmond County.

IN REGARD TO THE “decent” people who want Masters tickets, decent people would follow the protocol to get tickets legally and not cause the demand that encourages illegal activity.

THE MAYOR OF Blythe wants to build a new library out here. This is 2012 – everything you need is on the Internet. By the way, whatever happened to the sidewalks promised?

IF A CARELESS MATCH can start a forest fire, why does it take a whole can of lighter fluid to start a charcoal grill?

DISGRACEFUL FEMALES have allowed fashion and style to dominate their lifestyle rather than neatness. The modernistic hairstyle looks worse than a head of a mop and usually covers one or both eyes – a safety hazard, especially while driving. Not to mention the time wasted to push hair from over the eyes. The time could be used more productively.

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/08/12 - 05:55 am
Concerning Dr. Robertson, no

Concerning Dr. Robertson, no one is going to fire him. He should be medically retired. That's not a bad deal concerning what his income should be.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/12 - 07:29 am
wow...rants against ac

You actually put rants against ac on here...amazing....what about the rants from the posters on here??

A new library is a positive thing....what some don't understand is that not all have puters or internet (believe it or not)...some go to the library to use the computers.....just ask ALeaves......there are poor folks in the world....a library can do wonders for a poor child.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/12 - 07:56 am
Missing somethings

This is for the good am group...the fun group...the happy people...the folks that made me laugh in the am...made my day....told funny jokes...made sense out of the r/rs....at least 10 posters...yall know who you are....

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 05/08/12 - 08:33 am
To the Spotted ranter

We cover as many events as we can, but we mostly rely on volunteers to shoot We Spotted events. Put in a request next year several weeks before the prom, and we will do our best to cover it. Here is the online submission link. http://spotted.augusta.com/contact/
You can also post any photos that you took on You Spotted. You can contact me or Spotted Coordinator Ryan Wehmeyer if you have any questions.

Dr. Craig Spinks.Georgians for Educational Excellence
During the Past, The RCBOE

During the Past,

The RCBOE and the public school system it oversees are paragons of lip service to the provision of high-quality public educational opportunities to all the latter's students.

I almost choked when I heard a RCBOE member proclaim at a recent board meeting that the RCSS provided "a world-class education" for RC kids.

Now, in fairness, I must concede that many poor and minority kids in the RCSS are receiving "third-world-class educations." Does that board member and her associates realize that educrats' assertions about the generally high quality of RCPubEd is, at best, false and is, at worst, a lie.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 05/08/12 - 08:38 am
To the newspaper box ranter

We will definitely use the box if you want us to. Some people have the box but prefer the paper to be delivered to their porch or another location. You can call our Circulation Department at 706-722-5620 with any concerns you have. I don't work in the Circulation Department, but if you are having trouble getting a response, send me an email and I will make sure the appropriate supervisor gets your complaint.

Trouble
Trouble 05/08/12 - 09:15 am
morning all, hey sean, the

morning all,
hey sean, the proper way to do that is to number them and address them all in one post......for an example, see soapys comment.....lol

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/08/12 - 09:17 am
Dang Sean, I thought we kept

Dang Sean, I thought we kept you busy enough here!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/08/12 - 09:25 am
Dr. Roberson

I didn't want to be medically discharged from the Army but I was physically unable to perform the duties required for my MOS. So I was discharged. Same with Dr Roberson. He is unable to perform the duties his was hired to do. Very few people are asking for his termination, just put him on long term disability so RCBOE can hire someone new to run the system.

Empathy is good, but it doesn't get the job done.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 05/08/12 - 09:43 am
Trouble

You'd think I'd know R&R etiquette by now.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/08/12 - 09:56 am
Ranter #1........We have been

Ranter #1........We have been patient. We have been patient for more than a year and to the tune of almost $200,000 in salary for a job that he is not doing and cannot be done properly on a temporary basis by a subordinate. No 'acting" superintendent can implement new policies and change the direction of our failed school system.

Ranter #6.......Exactly !

And finally, could Chief James not find a new EMS Coordinator that did not have a Mug Shot somewhere? Cruelty To Children? Really? Is anybody downtown doing background checks. Since it is easily found information it might have been smart for someone to post the disposition of the charges.

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/08/12 - 10:18 am
Cliche for the day: "You're

Cliche for the day:

"You're looking at seven, but you're eating six."

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/08/12 - 10:21 am
While we have Sean's

While we have Sean's attention here's a sugestion. Can the editor of the R&R's number them to make it easier for us to respond here?

How many times have we scrolled back to make sure we're responding to the RorR we'd like to?

fftaz71
fftaz71 05/08/12 - 12:35 pm
dichotomy

If you look at the Remove Record link at the top of her mug shot, it says the record was either sealed or expunged. More than likely she wasnt convicted of anything. Having a mug shot does not necessarily make one guilty...it only means you were accused.

museofsatie
museofsatie 05/08/12 - 12:49 pm
"THE MAYOR OF Blythe wants to

"THE MAYOR OF Blythe wants to build a new library out here. This is 2012 – everything you need is on the Internet."

Really? Wow. I just have no words for this.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/08/12 - 01:13 pm
Full Disclosure

I figured Ms. Polk had not been convicted of anything and possibly not even prosecuted. But with today's access to information it is best to put everything out there, up front, with an explanation, instead of having some jerk like me come along and ask questions that make it look like you are hiding something. However, I am curious if this arrest was listed on her resume and I wonder if disclosure of an arrest on Cruelty To Children would have been a consideration in selection process for anyone else.

augusta817
augusta817 05/08/12 - 01:53 pm
Dr. Roberson

Dr. Roberson should let the board off the hook, retire, and negotiate a fair agreement so that a successor can be in place soon. I support the board in its compassion toward him. Now he should show some back. He will be a loss to the district for he had great potential. Perhaps he could join ASU to impart some of his knowledge and wisdom. I want the best for him, the board and the students in this district.

David Parker
David Parker 05/08/12 - 02:47 pm
regarding Dr. Roberson. If

regarding Dr. Roberson. If the decision to extend him further is based in the fact that he will be able to return to full-time action in full capacity, then I've no problem with another 8-10 months. If that's what is going to happen. If he is not going to be able to within that time frame and at full capacity, then patience is one thing, carrying someone for a couple of years is another.

Also, I look at where I work and where the typical Joe Augusta works. Would their company pony-up and secure someones job for a year or two while they recovered. The answer is No on all counts. Would they pay me creatively as Dr. Roberson was with the disability and salary concurrent? No on all counts. Again, I think after a year now, patience card has expired and we are running on humanity fumes at this point.

*****
And a quick thing on the Master's rant. Exactly my sentiments. The tournament is what it is today b/c it was conceived to be the greatest event in the world, second to none, and like nothing else. Suggesting that we should interceed with our ideas and standards is pretentious, not to mention it will make the event more ordinary.

Jake
Jake 05/08/12 - 03:09 pm
Uniformity

Yes, we should all follow the dictates of the Augusta National because, after all, they own the golf course. I would like to see orderly marching in the years to come.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 05/08/12 - 03:50 pm
Dr. Roberson

My own perception is somewhat tainted as I am a volunteer returning veteran counselor; frankly, I've seen too many Iraq/Afghan veterans return whose jobs had been 'substantially reclassified' and so -- in spite of both State and Federal law-- they had no job to come home to. How can the board continue to play the charade Dr. Roberson is actually doing any part of his? Or ever will?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/08/12 - 04:16 pm
Roberson Response

David Parker wrote:

The trouble with that logic is that no one, and I truly mean no human being, knows whether he will ever be at full capacity again. One would go on extending those 8-10 months indefinitely. It's not fair to the chi-i-i-ildren, much less to the taxpayers. And it actually is not fair to Dr. Roberson. Disability insurance payments would be the correct way to go.

Fire Department raises sought

The Augusta Fire Depart­ment will present a pay raise proposal for firefighters and administrators to the county’s public safety committee Monday.