Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THIS IS A RANT to Willis Foreman Elementary. For the first time ever, there will be no kindergarten graduation. My child will receive nothing. All my other children had a graduation. This is so unfair.

A HUGE RANT for those folks who find all manner of excuses to badmouth Dr. Ricardo Azziz, of Georgia Health Sciences University. Perhaps they would be more tolerant of him if his name was Richard Smith or some other non-foreign sounding name.

I CAN’T BELIEVE they moved the plastic recyclable bin from the Evans area. I have to go all the way over to William Few Parkway.

THE CONGRESSIONAL Republicans want to reduce government spending by cutting the services Americans need most while giving tax breaks to those who need them least. Their budgetary shell game would eliminate Medicare as we know it, punishing seniors, women and working families.

GEORGIA GOV. Nathan Deal’s Cabinet appointments are 96 percent white men; however, if President Obama’s Cabinet appointments were 96 percent black, the news media would have a field day calling him biased.

IN REGARD TO THE teachers going to Mi Rancho: What they do on their own time is their business. They have to go out and have a drink after dealing with your children all day long.

HOW ABOUT East Geor­gia University Augusta for the new ASU/GHSU combo? The health sciences might note the absence of their mention, but look at some of the big universities, such as UNC Chapel Hill and UVA at Charlottesville. Their med schools are right there within those universities, but they’re not given mention in the formal name. Duke is another that comes to mind.

NOT EVERYONE WHO buys beer on a Sunday is a drunk. If people living in Augusta want to buy a six-pack, they should be able to no matter what day it is and without having to cross state lines. I am all for Sunday sales, and every other day of the week also. Thanks to those 11,802 “drunks” who made it out to vote.

IT IS UNFORTUNATE that students at Paine College cannot receive the Perkins grant, but, people, do not take it out on President George Bradley and his newest staffers. Blame it on former administrations. They are the guilty ones. Bradley is only trying to do what he was brought here for – to make this a better university.

THIS IS TO THE editor of Rants & Raves. It is sickening how your choices are biased against Presi­dent Obama. What ever happened to balance? I have not seen one rant against Mitt Romney, and I have submitted some. It is so unfair how you print all the tainted rants. I know this will never get printed, but not everybody who reads The Chronicle is a Republican.

KSL
KSL 05/05/12 - 08:59 pm
Always, last ranter. Can you

Always, last ranter. Can you give us proof of what you say or is that just your opinion?

KSL
KSL 05/05/12 - 09:00 pm
Next to the last ranter, I

Next to the last ranter, I guess they just proved you wrong. Now, are you wrong about what you post? I think so!

KSL
KSL 05/05/12 - 09:12 pm
Ranter 1, graduation from

Ranter 1, graduation from kindergatren is and always has been a joke since it started, well after kindergarten started.

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/05/12 - 10:07 pm
KSL, ha about the

KSL, ha about the kindergarten thing. I have to wonder if the person's other children didn't have other graduations to attend like elementary, middle and high school?

blakkone
blakkone 05/06/12 - 03:49 am
??? this new format???

??? this new format???

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/06/12 - 05:30 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 05/06/12 - 05:48 am
Haven't I seen these r/rs

Haven't I seen these r/rs before....maybe a few times.....could we get a point system to grade the rants/raves??

About the teachers taking a drink...who could blame them....yesterday i read a student was raped on a school bus here in the Atlanta area....FOR DAYS & the driver didn't see a thing....excuse me but when I read the stunts pulled by students in todays world I wonder how any(teachers) of them manage to go back everyday...are we numbed down to accept this.....is this the new "normal"???

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/06/12 - 06:11 am
The last rant says... What

The last rant says...

What happened to balance on here.....balance in politics ??
That could go for anything though....a balance in views of the world....thoughts....outlook....religion....critics....I'm looking too.

seenitB4

Continue at all cost.

I refuse to show,
I hide it well,
The madness of a mind,
Stuck in hell.

Eric Karns

We have been missing some good posters....bj--rm--bonkk--shrimp & others ....I hope yall can find your way back....add corgi to that mix....it just aint as funny without you...

iLove
iLove 05/06/12 - 07:37 am
I agree with the rants about

I agree with the rants about Deal's cabinet....you know African Americans are held to a different standard.

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/06/12 - 07:57 am
Hey, Seenit. Yeah, some of

Hey, Seenit. Yeah, some of the good posters are gone, but those of us left will have to carry on. It's nice to see SOMEONE giving Dr. Azziz the credit he deserves.

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/06/12 - 08:20 am
I had a lengthy post deleted

I had a lengthy post deleted the other day without any notification it was being deleted by the moderators. I didn't see anything wrong with it and wondered why they deleted it. Aren't they supposed to tell you when they delete a post and why under the TOS? Anybody else have that happen to them?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/06/12 - 08:49 am
Rant 1, very unfair. Welcome

Rant 1, very unfair. Welcome to this thing we call life. I have always thought any "graduation" before high school as a waste of time anyway.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/06/12 - 08:59 am
Valid point on Deal's cabinet

Valid point on Deal's cabinet (if true, I really don't know). At first, one may think that since 90+% of blacks vote Democrat, finding competent minorities that are politically aligned with him would be difficult. However, around Atlanta there is a growing group of conservative minorities; if calls to the Boortz show is any indication.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 05/06/12 - 10:00 am
I agree with the last rant.

I agree with the last rant. It is so true. I don't think newspapers should take sides in a presidential election. They should give both sides and then let the readers decide. That would be more interesting reading.

daphne3520
daphne3520 05/06/12 - 10:05 am
Last Rant is SOOOOOOO

Last Rant is SOOOOOOO correct!

happychimer
19537
happychimer 05/06/12 - 10:20 am
daphne instead of negative

daphne instead of negative campaigns, it is more interesting to be positive. I don't want to hear all the smears about candidates.

allhans
allhans 05/06/12 - 10:47 am
Serious debate... You would

Serious debate...
You would wonder if some posters know the meaning.
We have lost a few good debaters just recently it appears , Riverman1, Harley52 just to name a couple. And of those who remain, Dichotomy, Carcraft, are among top-notch
Ir's easy to chit chat or be argumentative but hard to find those who are serious and stay on topic.
This is the same with all media outlets, it seems.. They start off okay and quickly take a nose-dive.
_Could it be the lack of knowledgeable opponents ?

Cdr4500
Cdr4500 05/06/12 - 11:06 am
The last rant is very much on

The last rant is very much on target. All of you wanting proof shouldn't need anymore proof then the drivel the Chronicle posts daily. If you can't see it then you are blind.

iLove
iLove 05/06/12 - 12:17 pm
Aren't all Rants and Raves

Aren't all Rants and Raves true....why on Earth would the AC print them if not..........

happychimer
19537
happychimer 05/06/12 - 12:18 pm
I notice a few posters

I notice a few posters missing. riverman, billyjones ,and a few others. Were they banned?

happychimer
19537
happychimer 05/06/12 - 12:22 pm
K graduation means a lot to

K graduation means a lot to the kids. That's what counts. K graduations are not big events, but it recognizes achievements and makes the kids feel good about themselves.

fatboyhog
fatboyhog 05/06/12 - 01:25 pm
Oh no!!!! No kindergarten

Oh no!!!! No kindergarten graduation? Oh, my..I guess self-esteem issues will arise from this. What's next? Should we have graduation ceremonies when they leave elementary school? Maybe middle school graduations, too? Better yet, maybe we should have graduations for each grade level. Good grief. With every thing else we have to worry about, and this ranter complains that there was no kindergarten graduation. My kids didn't have a kindergarten graduation. I didn't have a kindergarten graduation. We all survived and did fine.

JRC2024
JRC2024 05/06/12 - 01:28 pm
Not banned happy. Just having

Not banned happy. Just having to work a lot longer hours because of the recent storms. Business has been good and I am not lazy or content. Being a staunch capitalist and not one in favor of redistribution I feel that is the right thing to do.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/06/12 - 01:35 pm
I think all the negative

I think all the negative comments concerning Ranter #1's comments concerning the K graduation is being blown out of proportion. I can understand her frustration because most schools have some sort of program for recognition, but maybe since the school decided not to, then the family could have some sort of recognition (backyard party) with some of their fellow classmates where other parents could pitch in and make it special for their new upcoming first graders.

omnomnom
omnomnom 05/06/12 - 01:48 pm
i miss me some riverman :(

i miss me some riverman :(

omnomnom
omnomnom 05/06/12 - 01:48 pm
pointcove too

pointcove too

happychimer
19537
happychimer 05/06/12 - 02:14 pm
JRC the carpet place you

JRC the carpet place you recommended did a very good job. We are both pleased with our new carpet.

voiceofreasoninhepzibah
voiceofreasoninhepzibah 05/06/12 - 05:42 pm
WILLIS FOREMAN UNINFORMED

WILLIS FOREMAN UNINFORMED PARENT. MY CHILD IS IN KINDERGARTEN AND THE SCHOOL IS HAVING A KINDERGARTEN AWARD PROGRAM WHERE ALL STUDENTS IS KINDERGARTEN WILL BE RECOGNIZED AND GIVEN A CERTIFICATE. THE TEACHERS SENT THE NEWSLETTER TWO WEEKS AGO. I AM MORE CONCERNED ABOUT HIS REAL GRADUATION FROM 12TH GRADE. WITH ALL THE THINGS IN THE WORLD A PARENT SHOULD BE UPSET ABOUT THIS! HOW ABOUT DOING SOMETHING CREATIVE LIKE CHECKING HIS BOOKBAG FOR NOTES FROM THE SCHOOL OR JUST CALL THE SCHOOL. PASSING KINDERGARTEN AND PREK IS A GIVEN, ITS NOT LIKE ITS 12TH GRADE. HAVE YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POST THINGS THAT ARENT TRUE. GEE WHIZ YOU MAKE ALL PARENTS IN SOUTH AUGUSTA LOOK LIKE WE DONT KNOW WHATS IMPORTANT.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 05/06/12 - 05:48 pm
Politics....politics....polit

Politics....politics....politics! Doesn't anyone want to discuss guns and shootin?

Christmas Eve storm possible

ATLANTA - Forecasters say strong storms, some with the potential for isolated tornadoes, are possible over large parts of Georgia on Christmas Eve.