Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WAY TO GO Thermal Titans! Plane Pull 2012 winners!! You guys did a great job!

SO THERE WERE people at the Masters who were arrested without monies changing hands? So when those tickets were confiscated, did that mean the ticket owners are now banned from any further Masters even when they didn’t sell or expect monies? And what about the person who only held up fingers and never said anything or even got any ticket? So just holding up fingers in a certain way meant that person had to be arrested? I think that was carrying things too far. And how much ill will do those particular arrests bring to Augusta and Augusta National?

LET’S SAVE THE KIDS and save the death penalty trials: Once you have parents guilty of child abuse and/or child death, sterilize the parents and keep them on lists to NEVER get a child or animal for any reason.

ISN’T IT TIME TO give as much newspaper attention to our students who are going to college for academics as we do for those who are signing on for athletics?

OBAMA REACHED A “deal” with Afghanistan, to give zillions of our dollars for a full decade for “security” in that country. Is there such a thing as “security” in a 6th century society? Ten years from now, who knows how many dictators will we have supported over there?

SENATORS ISAKSON AND Chambliss and Rep. Barrow are all for spending non-existent federal tax money to pay for things like “kayak launch sites” on the Augusta Canal. Rep. Broun is against this waste. The federal government is flat broke so these money wasters want to pour more down the drain, and for what? A kayak launch site? That means a bank on a body of water.

KILLERS KNOW THAT KILLING is wrong, otherwise, they’d do their killing and raping in broad daylight for all to see. If these lawyers would work to ensure their clients get FAIR trials rather than doing anything they can get away with to stall and keep guilty murders and rapists from being executed, they wouldn’t feel any strain. Will modern defense lawyers – mostly taxpayer paid – go back to seeking justice?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/04/12 - 03:36 am
Even court appointed

Even court appointed attorneys are REQUIRED to give the most vigorous defense possible. If this weren't so, the occasional innocent defendant would be the one paying the price.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/04/12 - 03:39 am
Good Mourning Awguster. And

Good Mourning Awguster. And happy anniversary (5/9) to someone very special. No prize to the first one to figure out who.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 05/04/12 - 03:39 am
To the person who ranted

To the person who ranted about the newspapers needing to give more attention to the students going away to college: I agree with you. But, to me, the best way for us to let the paper know that we want to see more of those sort of stories is for us to post positive comments under the article whenever we see one written. If they see alot of positive comments (don't see why anyone would put a negative comment under one) then they should take notice and look for more to print. And this would be a good way for the students out there to become more interested in doing well themselves. Try it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/04/12 - 06:18 am
HI .... Welcome to bobblehead

HI ....
Welcome to bobblehead city...
If you nod your head yes-yes-yes.....& agree & smile.....ya might be a long time poster......but lordy..lordy...watch the words though....cause some are soooo offended by the tiniest slight.....
Where did the "robust" conversations go???? Where did the smart posters go???
I don't give a rats behind about "points".....kinda reminds me of facebook games....geeez
A MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE........& it sho is wasted on here...bring back the things that work...pleeeeeeze.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/04/12 - 06:21 am
JMO, surely you aren't

JMO, surely you aren't suggesting actually doing something instead of just complaining?!?!?! What a concept.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/04/12 - 06:23 am
Does just shaking your head

Does just shaking your head count?

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/04/12 - 06:25 am
Scarlett: [pleads with Rhett

Scarlett: [pleads with Rhett as he is about to leave to join the Confederate Army] Oh, Rhett! Please, don't go! You can't leave me! Please! I'll never forgive you!
Rhett Butler: I'm not asking you to forgive me. I'll never understand or forgive myself. And if a bullet gets me, so help me, I'll laugh at myself for being an idiot. There's one thing I do know... and that is that I love you, Scarlett. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we're alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names.
Scarlett: [struggles] Don't hold me like that!
Rhett Butler: [holds her tighter] Scarlett! Look at me! I've loved you more than I've ever loved any woman and I've waited for you longer than I've ever waited for any woman.
[kisses her forhead]
Scarlett: [turns her face away] Let me alone!

Let Rhett come back home.......does everything have to be GONE WITH THE WIND>>>>>>>>>

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/04/12 - 06:26 am
In your case RKill...you will

In your case RKill...you will have to shake the whole body!!
:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/04/12 - 06:40 am
There are some things that

There are some things that work on here & some things don't.......pls AC learn the difference....& to the smarties I say....

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/04/12 - 06:49 am
Games are played on

Games are played on here???....You mean like in government...local federal....you mean like in business....you mean like in a marriage....

It happens...

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/04/12 - 06:55 am
One day we all will be

One day we all will be covered up with flowers ....so make your minutes count...even on here...

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/04/12 - 06:56 am
Cliche For The Day "A stapler

Cliche For The Day

"A stapler to the head is the strongest motivator"

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 05/04/12 - 07:10 am
Good Morning seenit. Where is

Good Morning seenit. Where is Rhett? You are correct. Very few comments, not much dialog and extremely boring. See you in your mailbox later today.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/04/12 - 07:17 am
Maybe Rhett will have to

Maybe Rhett will have to learn how to do this.....

After the first lick Rhett.....it ain't so bad...:):)

....seeya later....I have to go kiss "sumthung"....:)

Jake
Jake 05/04/12 - 08:21 am
RA, sometimes I just don't

RA, sometimes I just don't get your Cliche For The Day but I get this one. As my dentist told me once when I was sitting in his chair with my mouth wide open and his drill was gnawing away, "Pain can be a very effective teacher".

Jane18
Jane18 05/04/12 - 08:29 am
How can we stop the "kayak

How can we stop the "kayak launch sites"?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/04/12 - 09:09 am
"Kayak launch site".... Isn't

"Kayak launch site".... Isn't that what I have been calling a boat ramp all these years?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/04/12 - 09:48 am
I had rather have a canoe

I had rather have a canoe launch site anyway

eagle
eagle 05/04/12 - 09:56 am
A kayak launch site? That's

A kayak launch site? That's as funny as this new look.

happychimer
19610
happychimer 05/04/12 - 10:07 am
Good morning. It's a

Good morning. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I hear birds singing and geese honking.Rambo is curled up in his warm cage, and Callie the cat is curled up in a chair near me.Tonight I will hear the crickets and frogs, and the lonesome sound of a choo choo train in the distance. Ahhh

Tots
Tots 05/04/12 - 11:02 am
Hi to all of you,so who's up

Hi to all of you,so who's up and who's down in the point thing?
We get points now?...Now ain't that a big kick in the butt..My bad,can we say butt now?...LOL,i just did..Does that put me in the minus points range?
I agree with rant#3 and#4....

Trouble
Trouble 05/04/12 - 11:19 am
afternoon all, hope your day

afternoon all, hope your day is going well, im just here for a bit, my honey is gonna take me away for the weekend....woot

Tots
Tots 05/04/12 - 11:26 am
Hi Happy, I hear birds

Hi Happy, I hear birds singing too.. But-the cats took off running when i opened my door...LOL,they know me ..As for those choo choo train sounds,those pesty thangs woke me up this morning,then i had to wait for about five minutes at a crossing..But i'm looking forward to the sounds of crickets and frogs tonight...Not really- i just want peace and quiet,and maybe a few margaritas..
P.S.. Have a great day..

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 05/04/12 - 12:43 pm
Happy Day and weekend,

Happy Day and weekend, Trouble and RK.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/04/12 - 01:22 pm
You might want to drop by the

You might want to drop by the Columbia County Arts in the Park festival tomorrow afternoon, Willow. I'll be working a booth there from 1:00 to 4:00. The festival is at the little amphitheatre behind the library.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 05/04/12 - 02:11 pm
Let's expose ALL child

Let's expose ALL child abusers, past and present. Bring the issue, and its long and short term effects on the victims out into the open. Nothing cleanses like sunshine.

KSL
KSL 05/04/12 - 03:42 pm
I just wish we could hear

I just wish we could hear real choo choo trains anymore. I, too, hear from time to time the trains blowing their whistles at street crossings coming in in and out on my side of town.

Happy, glad to know it's not Rambo who has escaped.

happychimer
19610
happychimer 05/04/12 - 08:52 pm
Thanks ksl. That woman left

Thanks ksl. That woman left her boa on the porch and walked around her house. When she got back to the porch it was gone. I never put Rambo down and let him crawl except inside his cage. I would never ever leave him outside while I went anywhere. Rambo stays on my shoulders and neck and arms when he is out of his cage.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 05/04/12 - 09:57 pm
Thanks for the invitation

Thanks for the invitation Little Lamb. I have a 2:00 appointment , but if I can get by earlier, I'll look for you.