Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IF SOMEONE punched me in the face and tried to bash my head into concrete, I would try to defend myself, too.

THIS IS FOR a ranter who can’t figure out the difference between a state requirement for a driver’s license and a federal requirement to buy health insurance. One difference is that the driver’s license is a state mandate and Obamacare is an unconstitutional federal mandate – all the difference in the world. The U.S. Constitution exists to stop the feds from such unconstitutional power grabbing.

LIBERALS CALL IT discriminatory to “racially profile.” Sadly, in the Tray­von Martin case, the cause of any racial profiling that may or may not have been involved comes from so many young black males stacking the stats.

RANT TO ALL those with vehicles that have cock-eyed headlights: If you’re not shining or gigging, please align them.

HUGE RAVE FOR Allen with Cool Ray Mechan­ical in North Augusta. You came when expected and diagnosed and fixed my problem quickly and accurately. Thank you for a job well done.

UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL has such potential, but do they realize the damage they did by stopping offering assistance to elderly and disabled from the parking decks? What happens to them?

IT’S BAD ENOUGH that the Republicans in Cong­ress want to deal with the national debt by making life harder on seniors and hard-working families, but Republicans have added insult by simultaneously proposing huge tax breaks for millionaires and giant corporations that already pay little if any taxes. Don’t let Republicans further undermine the middle with this terrible plan.

ALL THE COMMENTS I read are directed at black crime. I read the paper and listen to the news daily. I see plenty of white crime, especially with pedophilia, corruption and crime motivated by greed. Get your facts straight … blacks are not the only people committing crimes.

A RAVE FOR President Oba­ma – he did what no other president has done in years! President Oba­ma has made the economy so bad Mexi­cans here illegally are sneaking back into Mexico!

KSL
KSL 05/01/12 - 08:12 pm
Agree, agree, agree ranter 1.

Agree, agree, agree ranter 1. What we tragically are seeing is that so much of the media is biased to one side that information goes unreported or under-reported.

KSL
KSL 05/01/12 - 08:28 pm
Ranter 7, please provide a

Ranter 7, please provide a reference and not a general statement as to how the Republicans have increased your taxes since in recent years? Oh, wait, maybe you don't pay any federal taxes and you are just falling prey to the left's design to equate millionaires who often create jobs, Obama excluded because I don't think he has anyone on his personal payroll? Has he ever employed anyone (that means has he personally ever provided someone a job) with people sucking out tax benefits for what they do? We don't know much about Obama, do we?

fedex227
fedex227 05/01/12 - 10:07 pm
"One difference is that the

"One difference is that the driver’s license is a state mandate and Obamacare is an unconstitutional federal mandate – all the difference in the world. The U.S. Constitution exists to stop the feds from such."

And what part of the Constitution authorizes the federal government to deduct a portion of your wages to be paid into the Social Security program ? ... Could that be a constitutionally upheld federal mandate ? ... These mandates exist: I can list about 150 more ... it's not something new. You've just been told it is by the ones that control how you think.

jackrussell
jackrussell 05/02/12 - 01:16 am
#8 - No, they're not the only

#8 - No, they're not the only ones committing crimes; but they are the majority of those who are committing crimes.

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/02/12 - 04:21 am
Told you there were lots of

Told you there were lots of changes going on at the Chronicle. People having to do more tasks. Formats changing. I wonder if they are going to let any more people go?

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/02/12 - 05:06 am
Instead of the Chronicle

Instead of the Chronicle getting rid of creative people like the Arts reporter, Steven Uhles, maybe they should have just eliminated other positions and replaced them with bots. For instance, just use a bot to search for certain words, regardless of the context, and elminate those comments and commenters.

iLove
iLove 05/02/12 - 05:25 am
If someone provoked me,

If someone provoked me, followed and harrased me, I would run. If that doesn't work, I would stand my ground by any means necessary.

Racial profiling is no different than fat people profiling @ a buffet.

scgator
scgator 05/02/12 - 05:32 am
Rants to the Obama

Rants to the Obama Administration; I saw on the news last night where he signed the ten year "deal" with Afghanistan. What there was no mention of though, was the TWO BILLION U.S. dollars a year in aid that was being talked about on the table for Afghanistan to be willing to sign. He may be in the office of President, but he is certainly NOT America's president!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/02/12 - 05:48 am
The major difference between

The major difference between Obamacare and care insurance is choice. Obamacare is forced whether you want it or not.

Yes, the state does mandate liability insurance if you operate a motor vehicle. Many people now think that getting a drivers license and driving are a right. Wrong. Both are still a privilege and a choice. I agree that considering the public transportation, or lack thereof, it would be difficult to live with out a car, but it is still a choice. You can walk, ride a bicycle, ride a horse, or take a taxi among other choices.

I hope that makes it plain enough for the poor Obama supporters to understand. It's a choice you make to drive. It's the Emperor's choice to make me buy insurance I don't want or need. If he will let my employer continue to provide me with insurance.

Under my policy my daughters are covered until they are 26 as long as they are a student. So you see one of the biggest so-called "improvements to healthcare" already exists. If you make the right CHOICE.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/02/12 - 05:59 am
Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, cg, and the rest of the bunch. And I will even give a big hello to my favorite antagonist. Mornin' Happy.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 05/02/12 - 06:37 am
Jackrussell......you may want

Jackrussell......you may want to check out the national statistics on street crime by race.

Techfan
Techfan 05/02/12 - 07:13 am
"That every citizen, so

"That every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch, with a box therein, to contain not less than twenty four cartridges, suited to the bore of his musket or firelock, each cartridge to contain a proper quantity of powder and ball; or with a good rifle, knapsack, shot-pouch, and powder-horn, twenty balls suited to the bore of his rifle, and a quarter of a pound of powder"
Second Militia Act of 1792:passed May 8, 1792. Signed into law by President George Washington.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/02/12 - 07:32 am
fedex 227 asked: And what

fedex 227 asked:

And what part of the Constitution authorizes the federal government to deduct a portion of your wages to be paid into the Social Security program?

The answer is Article 1. Congress has the authority to tax, and Social Security is a tax. All the money goes to the government. The Obamacare insurance requirement is a mandate, not a tax. The money goes to insurance companies. Article 1 of the Constitution does not grant Congress the authority to force people to buy stuff from companies.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/12 - 07:53 am
Punched in the gut.....that

Punched in the gut.....that is what I feel like sometimes on here....
question........when we have a different opinion can we still post on here??
Bobblehead city makes for dull reading----& yall know what I mean.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/12 - 07:57 am
Speaking of different

Speaking of different opinions....
This pastor has a very different opinion .....he thinks kids should be punched if they show "girly" signs in life.....
Different opinions make the world go round-round....don't do away with robust opinions ......I forgot where I put my bobblehead....

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/12 - 08:09 am
Your very own

Your very own bobblehead....can be ordered

They will make it look like you-----how cute.....
We can all say the same thing----like the same thing---agree all the time---& bob our heads in unison.....it is like a drug.....but some won't know they are even on the drug.....
Amazing how much we are controlled everyday in every way........yeh..
good am to the posters left to post......we may not always agree with each other on here...but I for one miss the so-called trouble makers when they are gone....

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/12 - 08:13 am
Just for AC

Just for AC workers..

I'm missing sumthin....

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/02/12 - 08:18 am
The reason I didn't post

The reason I didn't post about the r/rs....is because they stink---repeats...
THAT is my non bobblehead opinion...GEEEZ

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/02/12 - 08:37 am
"If someone provoked me,

"If someone provoked me, followed and harassed me, I would run. If that doesn't work, I would stand my ground by any means necessary."

But at the moment, all we know is the followed part. We will know more as the trial progresses and more investigative facts are revealed.

"There is a big difference in the comments and coverage of african american crimes vs. Others on ac.com."

Can you cite an example? Are you suggesting that "white" crimes go unreported? Are the FBI statistics jimmied to indict African Americans?

"Racial profiling is no different than fat people profiling @ a buffet."

Tell you what. Let's go to the Harvest Table (where my fat self will overindulge), and if 80% or more of the fat folks don't put away more than 2/3 of their RDA of calories in 1 sitting, I will buy your lunch. Furthermore, if they don't exceed their entire daily RDA of saturated fat, I will buy you dessert at Dairy Queen.
In other words, though it is unfair to the minority who don't fit the profile, profiling has its basis in reality.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/02/12 - 08:50 am
If he will let my employer

If he will let my employer continue to provide me with insurance.

There is finally more open discussion about one little proviso in the bill that no one seemed to want to talk about before. Employers can opt out of company sponsored insurance by paying a fee to the government. ($2000/employee I believe?) The cost differential to companies in the U.S. is $BILLIONS$ to their favor under that scenario. Some analysts are beginning to see a scenario where competitive bottom line pressures cause some companies to opt out; and the rest fall like dominoes to stay competitive. What happens then? The government program can't handle it and we have chaos; by default it turns into a Britain like single payer system and the cost falls upon the same ones who pay most of the freight to carry everyone else.

Bottom line: it is by design to back our way into single payer and the Democrats know it.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/02/12 - 09:15 am
Ranter #7......At least the

Ranter #7......At least the Republicans have a plan. The Democrats only plan is to "tax the rich" which they already admit won't raise enough money to make any difference at all. You can only tax money that moves and the fact is that the most money moves in the middle class. We are all going to get hurt in one way or another whether we start paying down the debt or not. The question is do we do it with a plan or do we wait until the economy collapses like Greece. Tax the rich is not a plan because it doesn't raise enough money to make a one day dent in our spending. So quit drinking the Democrat Kool Aid and get real. If you don't like the Republican plan let's hear your plan if you have one that actually works.

iLove
iLove 05/02/12 - 09:16 am
isanotherday - I'm glad that

isanotherday - I'm glad that I am able to make your day a little brighter! Have a great one!

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/02/12 - 09:18 am
Okay, the new layout is fine

Okay, the new layout is fine but can someone please explain what the Points # listed on the left of each block is for?

happychimer
happychimer 05/02/12 - 09:26 am
RK your daughters do not have

RK your daughters do not have to be students to be on your health insurance thanks to Obamacare. If one gets married or gets a job that offers insurance, they will no longer be elligible to stay on your insurance.I have a granddaughter who is on her dad's insurance, and she is not a student. She works, but her job offers no insurance.

happychimer
happychimer 05/02/12 - 09:27 am
Morning RK and all of you.

Morning RK and all of you. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/02/12 - 09:32 am
Morning happychimer. It may

Morning happychimer. It may be a beautiful day out there today but it's going to get hot as hades soon....90's

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/02/12 - 09:33 am
Yea Happy, thanks to

Yea Happy, thanks to Obamacare, I get to pay higher premiums to cover YOUR children until they are 26. (not you specifically)

happychimer
happychimer 05/02/12 - 09:37 am
Our premiums are slightly

Our premiums are slightly less with more coverage.

twolane
twolane 05/02/12 - 09:39 am
umm okay the constitution

umm okay the constitution give the government a right to collect taxes....well then by all means quote where it saysthat in the constitution......the reason many IRS agents dont pay federal income tax is because NOWHERE IN THE CONSTITUTION does it give the government the right to do that....social security is a modern idea....if you are gonna quote the constitution about what it says AT LEAST READ IT FIRST

Clemson halts mandatory student sex survey

CLEMSON, S.C. - Clemson says it has suspended a mandatory survey of students the school says was part of a review to prevent sexual discrimination, harassment and assault.