Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANT TO COMCAST for installing a new cable and not burying the cable. Repeated requests to bury the unsightly orange cable have been ignored for more than 30 days.

THE FOUNDERS debated and voted down an income tax. My suggestion is no tax on income. Founders financed the federal government with import and excise taxes. Thus, when the economy started to fall, imports would fall, and therefore revenues would fall, forcing an unyielding governor on government. The founders were much smarter than today’s politicians, plus not one founder was a Marxist.

A RANT AGAINST Columbia County police not enforcing road standards that keep dump trucks coming from the gravel plant on Columbia Road from spilling gravel and rocks all over the road. My new car was trashed because of the 200-foot-long area that was covered in rocks and gravel right next to the gravel plant. I now need a new windshield and repaint of the entire front of the vehicle. I constantly see large areas of spilled rock and gravel on that road.

I WOULD LIKE TO thank all the people in the older section of Forest Creek for making the subdivision rundown.

I WANT TO compliment Tim Tebow. He is always thinking of someone else. No matter what people say, he always has something nice to say. He puts his trust in God and doesn’t have anything negative to say.

I THINK IT IS A shame and a disgrace that deputies are arresting decent people who want tickets to the Masters when they let a known drug dealer go free. He lives right next to my front door, but they refuse to do anything about him.

THE REASON THAT the pollution level is declining is because people can’t afford to drive their care any more. The price of gas is the reason.

THIS IS A RANT to the Richmond County school board. We have got to stop rewarding these school superintendents. If this man cannot do his job, get someone who can. Would you hold a teacher’s job this long? This is the taxpayer’s money you are giving away.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/30/12 - 09:06 pm
Perhaps some of you received

Perhaps some of you received the robo-call poll Monday night like I did. It was the most unprofessional phone poll I've ever gotten.

It started out with the TSPLOST. So far, so good. I voted NO.

Next the question was, “Who are you supporting for sheriff of Richmond County?”

1. John Ivey
2. Guy Pebbles (I kid you not — it was Pebbles, like Fred Flintstone’s daughter).
3. Richard Roundtree
4. Someone else

I voted for someone else.

Last was the killer, “If you had to vote for one of the following for sheriff of Richmond County, who would it be?”

1. John Ivey
2. Guy Pebbles
3. Richard Roundtree

Since no one has to vote for anything or anyone, I just held the line. The woman's voice came back on and said, “Are you still there? If you are still there, press any key.”

I pressed 9 and she repeated the same thing. I pressed 7 and again the same thing. I pressed 8 – same thing again. I pressed # – same. I pressed * – same. Then 0 – same thing. I finally held and pressed nothing – the robot hung up.

Somebody is really nervous about Scott Peeples.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/30/12 - 09:07 pm
Last ranter: you are

Last ranter: you are absolutely correct. Put Roberson on long-term disability and wish him well. It is time to move on.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/01/12 - 04:11 am
C'mon AC, give us something

C'mon AC, give us something we can debate here. No wonder it has been so slow lately.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/01/12 - 04:14 am
Good Mourning Awguster. I

Good Mourning Awguster. I won't list any posters today since you are doing your best to discourage people from posting with these r/r's.

Sean, help us out here. We want to make you earn your pay:)

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/01/12 - 05:57 am
Ditto what Roadkill said. But

Ditto what Roadkill said. But speaking of newspaper inconsistencies. Those "Friday Nightlife in South Augusta" photos were interesting.

Tots
Tots 05/01/12 - 09:35 am
Rant#4-RAVES FOR MR. Wiley at

Rant#4-RAVES FOR MR. Wiley at the Richmond County Transportation Department. As an employee for the Transpor­tation Department I would simply like to congratulate you on a job well done. Your efforts have truly increased our safety on the school buses as well as the children we transport.

Really-What bush you looking under? I like and respect Mr Wiley,but under his watch they lost their security personal that was stationed in the bus terminal..It doesn't feel safe in there at all..Maybe somebody should investegate the fights that have taken place in the past few months..One just this Friday..See- if y'all can get the low down on what's really going on from the "RCBOEPSO".....LMFBO!!!

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/01/12 - 06:28 am
It’s interesting the lengths

It’s interesting the lengths Morris Communications will go to when examining the medical community of other areas, but takes a hands-off approach to University Hospital and its foundation.

Bluffton Today/Morris Communications submitted an open records request for letters of support for a proposed health center that resulted in 24 letters from those, physicians and other officials, who, come to find out, are actively involved with the company proposing the health center.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/01/12 - 07:46 am
Good Morning America, yep,

Good Morning America, yep, Still no Discussion Tab.

Maybe we can get something going by having a discussion on how you can drive a CARE...8

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/01/12 - 07:49 am
Okay RK. If the R&Rs aren't

Okay RK. If the R&Rs aren't too stimulating today, perhaps we can gin up some discussion on other threads. Here are two about closing the thruways at Gazoo and Paine:

Block Roads

Precedent

Truthbetold74
Truthbetold74 05/01/12 - 07:53 am
Littlelamb, I disagree. I

Littlelamb, I disagree. I don't think anybody is worried about Peeples. I do find it more interesting that they did not include the other people running like Mike Godowns or Freddie Sanders.

And to the ranter on the deputies arresting people trying to illegally purchase Masters Tickets while leaving the drug dealers alone. You can't blame the deputies for doing what they are told. If anything you need to blame the admin of the department for pandering to the national. The entire Sheriff's Office needs a good shaking up and refocusing on the things that matter. That is why I am voting for the only one running that will really change anything, Mr. Mike Godowns.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/01/12 - 08:05 am
Here are the two latest about

Here are the two latest about the ticket scalping:

Fighting Charges

Time Served

And here is a bit of historical perspective from 2007:

History

This story tells where the 2,700-foot line is, at least in the mind of the sheriff.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/01/12 - 08:10 am
Here's a story from yesterday

Here's a story from yesterday about RCBOE personnel panicking over the fact that an "assistance" program they started a few years ago has run out of people to assist. We cannot have that. Something must be wrong with you people if no one wants to take advantage of our programs that cost taxpayers lots of money to provide.

Nobody wants me

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/01/12 - 08:22 am
You can have fun proposing

You can have fun proposing the name of the new merged university here —

Merged University

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/01/12 - 09:06 am
Cliche For Today: "Nobody's

Cliche For Today:

"Nobody's too tall for pudding."

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/01/12 - 09:09 am
I dunno; I really do not miss

I dunno; I really do not miss the discussion tab- although it's fun for some scrolling through -as we had one time- four hundred plus posts of people saying "hello," and, "you're another" just gums up the works.

What distresses me is the "me-too" coverage, or rather non-coverage of stories in the Chronicle. I refer to all the items that receive no time in the LSM spin cycle which a real conservative media outlet should be informing the public about. I've posted several here on the R&R; the latest that seems to be dying in the wilderness is the leader of Seal Team 6 saying just how wrong it is for the Messiah to claim --like he was there, and saying 'I' thoughout the speech announcing Bin Laden's death. ((Compare that with Dubya's press conference where it was "the troops" and the soldiers."))

Even Arianna Huffington, that screech-y Democrat apparatchik has said, "...(T)o turn it into a campaign ad is one of the most despicable things you can do." And that doesn't merit a few lines?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/01/12 - 09:29 am
I agree, dstewart. I hope

I agree, dstewart. I hope Obama's "I killed Bin Laden" advertisements will backfire on him.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/01/12 - 11:41 am
I forgot that today was May

I forgot that today was May Day, the holiday celebrating the Communist Revolution. Leave it to the Associated Press to exalt the holiday:

May Day

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/01/12 - 11:47 am
BloodySunday
BloodySunday 05/01/12 - 12:43 pm
Only in the Jim Crow South,

Only in the Jim Crow South, Its a shame and a disgrace for the solicitor to dismiss charges for all of the White people arrested because they wanted tickets to the Master, " Do that sound right." The Ranter must brought drugs from the dealer at his front door, and then submitted a comment to Augusta Chronicle.

allhans
allhans 05/01/12 - 01:18 pm
My two robo-calls gave me 5

My two robo-calls gave me 5 choices. I decided to play the game.
I wasn't offended by anything other than being asked to communicate with a recording.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/01/12 - 01:41 pm
Who was the fifth choice,

Who was the fifth choice, Allhans?

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/01/12 - 03:16 pm
I see where Gov. Deal has

I see where Gov. Deal has removed the Miller County BOE citing findings of evidence "that the members threatened to fire employees and hurled expletives at each other in meetings."

Is it time for the Governor to consider similar actions for the BOE of the poor performing Richmond County schools? We've had BOE meetings where violence was threatened. We have retreats called because issues are deadlocked along racial lines. We are rated one of the worst performing systems in the state. We have a Superintendent who hasn't really worked in over a year, yet the board won't take action to replace him. Anybody know Gov. Deal's number?

allhans
allhans 05/01/12 - 03:38 pm
LLamb...I cannot tell you. I

LLamb...I cannot tell you. I am not even sure there was a 5th. I somehow got that impression. .
I hate those calls!

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/01/12 - 03:55 pm
I wonder what changes are in

I wonder what changes are in store next at the Chronicle?

Jake
Jake 05/01/12 - 04:31 pm
Balanced editorials????

Balanced editorials???? Nahhhh..............!

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/01/12 - 04:38 pm
What's the status of Steven

What's the status of Steven Uhles at the Chronicle? I noticed his title has changed a few times over his stories.

FriedFacts
FriedFacts 05/01/12 - 04:39 pm
Jake...haha....Balanced

Jake...haha....Balanced moderation??? Nahhh.........!

unbiased_propaganda
unbiased_propaganda 05/01/12 - 04:48 pm
Wow Ranter #1: The EXACT same

Wow Ranter #1: The EXACT same thing happened to me. My townhome is an end unit - so the cable box is attached to the side of my townhome. So it's been 1 and 1/2 years and the orange cable is STILL just laying in my backyard. I've called numerous times and even stop every time I see a Comcast van to see if I can get anything done about it.

They claim that they sub-contract another company to bury their cables for them. That means NOTHING TO me. JUST GET THE JOB DONE AND BURY THE DARN CABLE COMCAST. You make enough money - I know that FOR A FACT.

Comcast is like the mafia. Something should be done.

allhans
allhans 05/01/12 - 06:29 pm
It happened in my neigborhood

It happened in my neigborhood too. The home owner got so tired of getting no result from his complaints that he tore all the Comcast wiring out and called one of the dish networks.