Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

CYNTHIA MCKINNEY again! She and her loud mouth and rude attitude had scandalized our entire state of Georgia before she hit the international scene. Don’t let her stir Georgia down into the dumps again.

THEY FINALLY DID it and had been trying for years. I guess they had watchdogs at the rec department to dog Beck on everything he did until they came up with something. But if they are going to fire him for what he did, they need to start checking all the departments. It’s too bad we cannot fire the commissioners. None of them know what they are doing.

FEDERAL LAW requires Congress to write and pass a budget. The U.S. Senate has blatantly broken that law for years now.

I’M CONFUSED. The media describe George Zimmerman, the Florida vigilante, as a white-Hispanic and Obama an African-American, even though both have white parents. Would Al Sharpton’s and Jesse Jackson’s rallies be as effective if Zimmerman was said to be Hispanic only?

RAVES TO THE mannequin people on Walton Way. You always brighten my day.

A RAVE FOR President Obama. He saved our nation from the brink of economic disaster caused by the policies of George W. Bush. I am looking forward to his re-election and can hardly wait to vote for him again.

I AGREE WITH THE rant about ghetto blasters. I live in Olde Town, and the noise is terrible. I have seen police drive right past cars that are playing “music” so loud it rattles my windows. Stop them; ticket them. The bad guys are winning.

OUR NEXT SHERIFF needs to be proactive. If there are regular calls about an apartment complex or house, have officers drive by regularly. Make it part of the regular route. You will stand a much better chance of catching the bad behavior or at least discouraging it.

A RANT FOR AL Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Why aren’t you down in Texas marching on that black-on-white crime?

GODSPEED TO Frank Herndon. Thanks for all the memories at the Academy of Richmond County.

KSL
KSL 04/25/12 - 07:44 pm
Ranter no 9: because they

Ranter no 9: because they can't use the issue to fill their coffers. They are not crusaders, they are opportunists to further their own agenda.

KSL
KSL 04/25/12 - 08:10 pm
Cynthia McKinney is one of

Cynthia McKinney is one of many reasons I don't ever want to live in Georgia again.

Truthbetold74
Truthbetold74 04/25/12 - 09:27 pm
I agree with the idea of the

I agree with the idea of the next Sheriff being proactive. The only one I've heard that has any good idea's about how to address these issues is Mike Godowns. After speaking with him on the actual issues he has my vote.

KSL
KSL 04/25/12 - 11:18 pm
Aiken home burglarized for

Aiken home burglarized for second time (The link to this which did not transfer takes me a break-in at Aziz's office, only it doesn't when I post it and try to open it??????? It only opens when I click on it, only it opens the wrong site.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 04/25/12 - 11:55 pm
It's trickery, KSL... you

It's trickery, KSL... you only THINK you want to read that article ;-)

Trouble
Trouble 04/26/12 - 01:30 am
morning all

morning all

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/26/12 - 04:55 am
I can't wait to vote against

I can't wait to vote against the Emperor again. I just looked at my pay statement for this week, in which I get my quarterly bonus. I must be a 1 percenter this week, since over 50% of my bonus went to taxes. Yep, the Emperor really saved the day for those too damn lazy to work. Enjoy your steak while I look for sales on bologna.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/26/12 - 04:56 am
Good Mourning Awguster and

Good Mourning Awguster and friends. You know who you are.

Granddaddy John
Granddaddy John 04/26/12 - 07:26 am
I'd vote for a monkey sucking

I'd vote for a monkey sucking on a fly swatter before i would vote for Odumber.

Techfan
Techfan 04/26/12 - 07:57 am
"ghetto blasters"???? Didn't

"ghetto blasters"???? Didn't they go out in the eighties/early nineties?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/12 - 08:08 am
I'll be busy getting my ducks

I'll be busy getting my ducks in a row.....some don't want to get in a row....they are the troublemakers.....

For all my rowdy friends on here...& YOU know who you are!:):)
anyway...have a good one..

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/26/12 - 09:23 am
I don't know that I'm

I don't know that I'm familiar with the term "ghetto blaster", but I do "get" what they are talking about; even though most of the ones I encounter are caucasian drivers.
I know the police have plenty of important things to do, but if noise ordinances were enforced with some hefty fines, these inconsiderate jerks would roll up the windows and back off the bass.

David Parker
David Parker 04/26/12 - 10:47 am
nothing about cats, kids, and

nothing about cats, kids, and drankin???

and you call yourself a rant and rave section. (scoffing)

madgerman
madgerman 04/26/12 - 11:18 am
itsanotherday. There is

itsanotherday. There is already an ordinance and the fine is 400 -500 dollars. But enforcement of that isn't as important as ticket hawking so I guess we will have to put up with a summer of noise.

museofsatie
museofsatie 04/26/12 - 12:35 pm
I thought "ghetto blasters"

I thought "ghetto blasters" were portable boomboxes, not car stereos. Regardless of the term, drivers who have their music up loud enough that it vibrates my own car (even when I'm not next to the person) annoy the crap out of me. And I see just as many white people doing it as I do black or latino people.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/26/12 - 12:49 pm
OK, please show me in the

OK, please show me in the original rant where race was mentioned in the rant about "ghetto blasters"? Can't we discuss ANYTHING without bringing race into it? And you wonder why there is so much division among the races. Could it be that you just won't leave it alone?

David Parker
David Parker 04/26/12 - 01:09 pm
It's the law of attraction

It's the law of attraction principle. The more you try to avoid mentioning race, the more it's going to manifest itself.

and while we are on the subject of noise pollution. Mufflers have no volume adjustment and some are quite ear shattering. Crying babies have been nagging at my otic nerves forever and a day. Let's govern the level down on them as well. I'm just saying, it's a little naive to think an ordinance against music in particular can be imposed. Impose it on noise in general and be thankful we have that.

Trouble
Trouble 04/26/12 - 01:16 pm
david, dont forget the

david, dont forget the meowing cats...........

Trouble
Trouble 04/26/12 - 01:18 pm
and drunks who buy their

and drunks who buy their booze on sunday, they can get quite loud too....

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/12 - 01:45 pm
A spokesman for the Secret

A spokesman for the Secret Service, Edwin Donovan, said the agency was investigating allegations raised in news reports about unprofessional behavior that have emerged in the aftermath of the prostitution scandal in Colombia. The latest, by Seattle television station KIRO-TV, quoted anonymous sources as saying that Secret Service employees received sexual favors from strippers at a club in San Salvador and took prostitutes to their hotel rooms ahead of Obama's visit there in March 2011.

Prostitution is legal in both Colombia and El Salvador.

It seems the secret service guys have been busy boys......in more places ........who woulda thunk it......I guess they get bored waiting around .......twiddling their thumbs...waiting....

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/26/12 - 01:52 pm
Roadkill, I think you and I

Roadkill, I think you and I both know what someone is talking about in America when they say "ghetto". Do you know of any place in this country defined as "ghetto" predominately populated by non-minority (aka white) people?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/12 - 01:53 pm
What would you call country

What would you call country music blasters...I have been guilty of that....a few times....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/26/12 - 01:55 pm
Yes, I do. I think it

Yes, I do. I think it commonly referred to as South Augusta.

Trouble
Trouble 04/26/12 - 01:56 pm
it is predominately black

it is predominately black people who blast their music like that too, but as you pointed out, there are white people that do the same thing, i am not sure what your point is, but from what i can see, it is a behavior that people are complaining about, not a skin color (which was NOT mentioned). ghettos may be predominately black, but they also have whites living in them, and i am sure that ghetto blasting done by white people is just as annoying as it is when it is done by blacks.....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/26/12 - 01:58 pm
Trouble, you are very

Trouble, you are very correct. I have been the victim of all races.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/26/12 - 02:16 pm
SeenitB4 posted: Prostitution

SeenitB4 posted:

Prostitution is legal in both Colombia and El Salvador.

Perhaps instead of criticizing the Secret Service for hiring prostitutes at these Presidential conferences, we should be asking why SMCICBHO is scheduling these meetings in countries where prostitution is legal.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/12 - 02:18 pm
As usual you are correct

As usual you are correct LLamb...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/12 - 02:29 pm
Past Encounters A 2002 U.S.

Past Encounters

A 2002 U.S. News and World Report article described how strippers were brought into Secret Service field offices, an alleged affair between an agent and a cousin of President Bill Clinton, and a sexual encounter between an agent and his informant that ended with her dead on his bathroom floor from cocaine abuse.

The ranks of agents are dominated by men. There were no women until 1971. Today, about 400, or 11 percent, are women, according to the agency.

Agents sometimes work 20-hour days, spend weeks at a time on the road, and earn starting salaries from $43,964 to $74,891.

Job candidates are tested for intelligence and physical endurance and also undergo background investigations. Former agents said their backgrounds before joining the agency included sales, accounting, law enforcement and military. The 3,500 agents are issued guns and badges.

Recruits are sent to a Georgia training center to learn investigative techniques, and a Maryland facility to learn how to guard top officials, investigate crimes, fire weapons and arrest suspects. The mandatory retirement age is 57.

20 hour days...I would say they are stressed to the max.....I wonder where the training center is in Georgia....Ft Gordon maybe?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/12 - 02:31 pm
That isn't much money for

That isn't much money for that job......peanuts.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/26/12 - 02:36 pm
Beautiful afternoon...I'm

Beautiful afternoon...I'm going outside & enjoy it...:)