Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

BEFORE I COULD write a thank you for the exceptional care I received in Trinity Day Surgery, I received a card from the staff wishing me a speedy recovery and thanking me for choosing Trinity. Thanks, Angela, Patricia, Debbie, et al., for the care you gave me. Thanks also to Peggy Best and Brooke for the support you gave me.

FINALLY, PEOPLE WHO apply for welfare will have to pass a drug test before they can receive benefits. It is about time.

MR. MAYOR of Thom­son: Why is a burned-out shell of a building still standing in a highly visible area of our city?

THERE SHOULD BE more responsibility from parents and family for all of these unforeseen accidents. More care should be taken.

SRS RETIREES, I have driven through your facility many times on my way to the coast. I think I have toenail cancer; when can I get my check?

WHO DIED AND made Dr. Azziz king of Rich­mond County? This is get­ting ridiculous that this man is running the city of Augusta. It functioned for a long time before he got here. If he was on the ballot, he would be voted out.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT closing all of these streets? Don’t these people know how to cross the street on their own? That is the problem – not the traffic, not the speeders, but people not paying attention to what is coming towards them and waiting for the light.

THIS IS A RANT for the trash service in Rich­mond County. It was just fine until the county super brains took control. It has been messed up ever since. It costs people jobs, put some out of business. Just like the federal level, they don’t care who they hurt as long as they can make money.

THIS IS A RANT to the teachers who get drunk at Mi Rancho each week. You are supposed to be professional and be role models to today’s children. However, you come into the restaurant, get drunk, get loud and slur your words when singing karaoke. Richmond County board members need to visit Mi Rancho and see these teachers in action. It is a disgrace to education.

Trouble
Trouble 04/25/12 - 01:04 am
morning all, to the last

morning all, to the last rant, seriously? how do you know that everyone who voted for sunday sales of alcohol is a drunk? i would have if i still lived in richmond county, and i very rarely drink.

would one of "their" family members be any less hurt if they were in a wreck with someone who bought alcohol on saturday?

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/25/12 - 01:31 am
Hey Trouble....About the

Hey Trouble....About the teachers getting drunk and slurring their words during karaoke at the restaurant, you are supposed to be a little drunk and slur when you do karaoke. That's the rule.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 04/25/12 - 04:03 am
Maybe the teachers wouldn't

Maybe the teachers wouldn't be taking a few drinks after work if they didn't have to unwind after babysitting your brat kid all day? And face it, you're the same person who criticizes your church's pastor for being a bad parent because his children's behavior don't meet your expectations, right?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/25/12 - 06:15 am
I didn't know teachers took a

I didn't know teachers took a vow of sobriety when they signed up. Maybe seeing someone acting silly while under the influence is a BETTER example of how one shouldn't behave?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/25/12 - 07:11 am
If I taught in Richmond

If I taught in Richmond county schools I would drink everyday....that goes for driving a bus too......tough job..

BTW....sunday school folks drink too.....I have seenitB4..:)

Good morning--good afternoon & good night!

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/25/12 - 07:16 am
About Walmart giving bribes

About Walmart giving bribes to Mexican officials, I'd still be in jail in Mexico if I hadn't taken care of the locals when my Army buddies at Ft. Sam Houston and I went down there to have some fun. I made it back to the Fort by Monday morning without a police record. No money either.

stillamazed
stillamazed 04/25/12 - 07:17 am
Just because you know they

Just because you know they are teaching doesn't mean the rest of the world knows........do they have it written on their foreheads or something? What a pampas person you are. Why don't you mind your own business and stop worrying about others. I find that people like you who are so concerned with what others are doing are not happy with their own lives. If these teachers are going out and letting off some stress and have a designated driver then that is their business not yours so stop trying to patrol the world and get a life.....I think there are more important issues in the world than what people do in their personal lives.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/25/12 - 07:40 am
If anyone has any nude pics

If anyone has any nude pics of me, please give them to the people I work with. We sorely need laughs at times.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/12 - 07:48 am
stillamazed, "I think there

stillamazed, "I think there are more important issues in the world than what people do in their personal lives."

Very good comment, well written and accurate.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/25/12 - 07:50 am
Apparently, Sarkozy is about

Apparently, Sarkozy is about to lose the French election in a run-off against an "avowed socialist," Hollande. The "socialist" Hollande believes in continued borrowing to continue government programs and heavy taxes on the wealthy to "make things fairer." Now someone tell me if this guy is openly known as a socialist, why we can't call Obama, with the same policies, one?

By the way, the election of Hollande is going to result in a break-up of the European Union. Germany is not going to continue to pay the bills without true austerity measures.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/12 - 07:49 am
I forgot, Good Morning

I forgot, Good Morning America...."In God We Trust"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/12 - 07:51 am
THOUGHT FOR

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

"Apparently, I'm supposed to be more angry

about what Mitt Romney does with his money

than what SMCICBHO does with mine."

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/25/12 - 07:53 am
Funny, CG.

Funny, CG.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/12 - 07:59 am
Riverman1, Ain't it great to

Riverman1, Ain't it great to know that the State Department declares .. "End of war on Terror"....WH will support the Muslim Brotherhood.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/25/12 - 08:03 am
Your thought for today is

Your thought for today is very wise, CG. Thumbs up!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/25/12 - 08:12 am
Hey, I was thinking about the

Hey, I was thinking about the football brawl in Hancock County last year. Georgia has a "stand your ground" law similar to Florida's. The brawl is similar to the Martin/Zimmerman episode in Sanford, Fla. The football player says that Coach Daniel swung first. That gives the unnamed player the right to stand his ground and use force and arms on the attacking coach. Here are the parallels:

The unnamed football player is George Zimmerman.

Coach Daniel is Trayvon Martin.

The Hancock County grand jury is the Sanford police department.

Problems:

Where is Al Sharpton?

Who will ride in on a white horse and become the special prosecutor to override the decision of the Hancock County grand jury not to indict the player?

Warren, Hancock

Jane18
Jane18 04/25/12 - 10:09 am
Uh, uh, uh,

Uh, uh, uh, Soapy..............................such confusion!

allhans
allhans 04/25/12 - 10:13 am
Jimmy Fallon/Obama last

Jimmy Fallon/Obama last night. How low do we go?

David Parker
David Parker 04/25/12 - 10:29 am
ok so we stop hating on cats

ok so we stop hating on cats and now we're bashing drinkers!?!?!? Fine, I'll roll with it.

Stupid wine drinkers think they are so hoity toity. Drink a beer like a real American!!!

LLArms
LLArms 04/25/12 - 10:48 am
"I WONDER WHERE the

"I WONDER WHERE the Christians were the day we voted for Sunday alcohol sales. I noticed 11,802 drunks got out and voted for it. I certainly hope that these people who voted for Sunday sales never have one of their family members get in a wreck with someone who bought alcohol on Sunday."

Dont you dare speak on behalf of other Christians.

No where in the bible does it say booze is forbidden - what it does say is don't be a stumbling block for others.

I advise everyone to take take this this person's comments with a grain of salt as clearly they don't understand the bible very well.

daphne3520
daphne3520 04/25/12 - 10:59 am
For ALL you cellphone use

For ALL you cellphone use while driving proponents, please read and assimilate this:

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/25/12 - 11:07 am
I buy my beer on Saturday

I buy my beer on Saturday when we do the grocery shopping, so if I get drunk drinking the drinks I bought on Saturday on Sunday then it's OK if my drinking and getting drunk on Sunday with the drinks I bought on Saturday gets somebody hurt???

I need a drink to figure this one out.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/25/12 - 11:23 am
A little late today so Good

A little late today so Good Afternoon Awguster......

A modern fairy tale........ Once upon a time they all lived happily ever after. And then Obama got elected.

Note..no use of midgets, giants, fairys, witches, trolls, or anything like that. Very PC. Everyone should be happy.

happychimer
19347
happychimer 04/25/12 - 11:26 am
I would much rather see

I would much rather see people buy alcohol on Sunday and take it home to drink, than drink it at a restaraunt and drive drunk.Also, just because someone buys it on Sunday does not mean they over-indulge.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/25/12 - 11:27 am
I took my girlfriend to a

I took my girlfriend to a very expensive place last weekend. The gas pumps at Circle K.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/25/12 - 11:27 am
Heck RK, Just come in for a

Heck RK, Just come in for a quick lunch and read your 12:07..Darn, if I don't need a beer now, I'm confused!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/25/12 - 11:29 am
WHOA, I completely agree with

WHOA, I completely agree with Happy on that one. See Happy, we don't ALWAYS disagree.

happychimer
19347
happychimer 04/25/12 - 11:32 am
RK yep we agree sometimes.

RK yep we agree sometimes.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/25/12 - 01:48 pm
Interesting that vocabulary

Interesting that vocabulary like “too big to fail” makes its way into our vernacular as I am hearing from Augusta born Ben Bernanke on CNBC now. So realize these silly things we say online may make their way to acceptance and respectability. If it makes sense, use it.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/25/12 - 03:23 pm
Ranter #3 asked the mayor of

Ranter #3 asked the mayor of Thom­son:

There are burned-out shells of buildings in every city worth its salt. The building does not belong to you or the mayor. Lighten up and don't worry about it.

More than 2,000 get meal at annual dinner

More than 800 volunteers served a hot meal to more than 2,000 homeless people at James Brown Arena on Saturday at the Bridge Ministry's annual Thanksgiving Dinner.